View Full Version : HI there

djura
January 15th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Hi there!

You all seem like a nice bunch of people, so I figured I drop by.
My name is Vladimir, I'm from Belgrade, Serbia (not Slovenia or Slovakia), a ugly bump between Croatia and Bulgaria.
By now you figured English isn't my first language, so If I misspell something please give me a break.
I'm 32, live with my girlfriend, a dog and a cat. I own a small retail shop that sells electrical and networking equipment and also work as a part-time sys admin.
As for the big things, a part from my ass, there is this enormous disbelief in conventional religious dogma... and there's tequila... and some weed from time to time, but let's not get carried away.
As far as “why” I'm here it's safe to say that Internet in general, and Google of course, are the closest humans ever came to universal understanding of each other. I look forward to explaining this in the future, if someone actually gives a crap :)
Oh, yeah... one last thing – open source rules!

rzm61
January 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi there, welcome to the CoG!

You're right on open source. Have you checked out anything on Android?

djura
January 15th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hi there, welcome to the CoG!

You're right on open source. Have you checked out anything on Android?

No, not jet. Developing apps is a bit too much for me. Plus mobile devices give me the creeps some times. But I would really like to see it in action though.
Btw, thanks for having me here!
cheers

rzm61
January 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Nah, I'm not talking about developing apps. I'm just saying checking out the OS in general.

It's really cool. I'm loving Android.

Daruko
January 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome Djura. I look forward to discussions with you. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

followerOfGoogle
January 16th, 2009, 03:31 AM
hillo there, as you can see English is my first langue so sorry if I mis-spell stuff. You've gotta love the school system!

I'll answer to basicaly anything you call me (nothing rude though {maybe if its funny}) and I hope you add some good input to this site! :icon_twisted:

djura
January 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Nah, I'm not talking about developing apps. I'm just saying checking out the OS in general.

It's really cool. I'm loving Android.
Yeah, I saw a little bit of videos about it, it looks great!
We'll definitely give it a try, as soon as I can find the time. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks all for the warm welcome:icon_razz:

Sister Faith
January 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
there is this enormous disbelief in conventional religious dogma... and there's tequila... and some weed from time to time

Welcome Djura. :icon_cool:
I have a feeling you're going to fit right in here. :icon_twisted:

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome to CoG You will find a lot of like minded people here I am sure.

rmw
January 17th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Welcome, djura. How did you come across this site?

djura
January 17th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Welcome, djura. How did you come across this site?
Hi,
CoG came up in the news on local TV station, right around x mass. I wanted to check it out ever since, but managed to do so only few days ago.

Tsar Phalanxia
January 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Hi,
CoG came up in the news on local TV station, right around x mass. I wanted to check it out ever since, but managed to do so only few days ago.

By Ahura Mazda! It DID have an effect! AWESOME