View Full Version : Differences in women and men

winwun
January 19th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Aside from the obvious and often interesting morphological differences, what innate driving forces can account for other, equally obvious differences in actions and habits ?

Women have no problem at all in spending many thousands of dollars on a wedding, calling it "special" because it's "her day".

Women will spend hundreds of dollars on clothes for a first date, and if her date smiles and glances appreciatevly at her and says, "You look nice," she thinks it's all worth it.

Women are bothered less by participating in or observing obvious acts of homosexuality.

I hope this doesn't turn into a flame-out, for my inquiry is intended to solicit serious and substantive replies.

Tsar Phalanxia
January 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
*Shrugs*
I don't have a clue. I'm a guy.

Tsun
January 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM
societal expectation/influences

djura
January 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Women have no problem at all in spending many thousands of dollars on a wedding, calling it "special" because it's "her day".

Women will spend hundreds of dollars on clothes for a first date, and if her date smiles and glances appreciatevly at her and says, "You look nice," she thinks it's all worth it.

Women are bothered less by participating in or observing obvious acts of homosexuality.

I honestly believe these are stereotypes, therefor not necessarily true.

tagnostic
January 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
they have all my money

Kabel
January 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
It's my observation that chicks talk out their problems, while dudes simply punch each other.

That's how it is from the age of 5 to 15 years.

tagnostic
January 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
women talking
is the problem

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 20th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The difference between women and men are no different unless you mean physically. Our brains function the same just differently in different people.

Dementis
January 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM
One word: Estrogen

winwun
January 21st, 2009, 12:07 AM
I read one interesting study that postulated that up to 28% of births are not fathered by the woman's legal spouse.

This makes me understand my feeling that I had when my daughter was pregnant -- I KNEW the baby would be my grandchild, but when my son married, there was not the same surety . . .

Loki
January 21st, 2009, 12:22 AM
I read one interesting study that postulated that up to 28% of births are not fathered by the woman's legal spouse.

This makes me understand my feeling that I had when my daughter was pregnant -- I KNEW the baby would be my grandchild, but when my son married, there was not the same surety . . .

Winwun - Lies, damned lies and statistics. I've no idea about the study you're referring to but I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Unless you know who they asked and who they excluded.

I'm a bit sceptical when it comes to surveys :D

tagnostic
January 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM
mother's baby
daddy's maybe.

djura
January 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
I read another study stating that 78% of men and 91% women are fateful. That would indicate that 13% of married men are gay, or 13% of women are lying bitches.
All people are the same, only some have bigger tits then others.

tagnostic
January 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
what about piss shivers?

djura
January 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
fluid dynamics are more sarcastic in men, I'll give you that.

winwun
January 21st, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hilarious -- I wouldn't work anywhere else for twice the pay -- this is better than watching a one-legged kangaroo trying out in the ass-kicking event . . .

BTW, Loki, sounds like maybe your cage door got rattled a bit, hmmm . . .? ? ?

Jamin4Guitar
January 24th, 2009, 01:08 AM
But the REAL question is:

Why was the man driving in the kitchen?

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 01:19 AM
*Shrugs*
I don't have a clue. I'm a guy.

debatable

they have all my money

as it should be. we have special magnetic-to-wallet mechanisms installed at the christening.

women are lying bitches.

you would know?

as if

Hilari -- I wouldn't work for twice the pay -- this is better than watching a one-legged kangaroo trying out in the ass-kicking event . . .

whore...just saying out loud

But the REAL question is:

Why was the man driving in the kitchen?

gender questionable much?

GET to OUT OF THE CLOSET, HIPPY

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Perhaps you should step into the closet and assess the situation from there?

sudikics
January 24th, 2009, 02:49 AM
debatable

as it should be. we have special magnetic-to-wallet mechanisms installed at the christening.

you would know?

as if

S7S has become a flamer. Flamers are not tolerated outside of IFU.

fosley
January 24th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I read one interesting study that postulated that up to 28% of births are not fathered by the woman's legal spouse.And? If I (had a girlfriend and) got my girlfriend pregnant, there would be no cheating or other unfaithfulness necessary, but it would be quite true that my girlfriend's baby was not fathered by her legal spouse.

Edit: And in response to the OP: It seems there are some minor differences in overall tendencies between the brain's functioning in both men and women (citation needed), but overall I think social standards account for a large percentage of the mental differences between the sexes.

Just like black people in the US tend to act more like poor, uneducated people because of a century or two of being social outcasts, women tend to act like they are weak and timid because of millenia of being social inferiors. In both cases I have little doubt that, had the groups been treated as social equals from the outset, we would not have the large socio-cultural distinction between those groups and the white/male groups.

Unfortunately, while the blacks are (thankfully) now being treated as equals for the better part, and will quickly catch up to everyone else, women are still raised in many places to be the meek, obedient housewife, or at least the weak, fragile, emotionally-unstable gossip.

Women tend to cry over slight pain, get upset over a minor "slight" that obviously wasn't even intended, refuse to perform manual labor or anything that might make them sweaty or "ugly", etc. However, none of these things are required by physical constraints, nor do women who grew up in places such luxuries weren't possible have such tendencies. My conclusion is that society forces women into these roles, and furthermore that removing this artificial stimulus from young girls lives would eliminate many of these behaviors.

As for which behaviors are desirable: I leave that up to you, my dear reader. :icon_razz:

Also, the same could be said of men, and I do my best to not follow society's rules of how I should act when they are contrary to sense or usefulness.

rzm61
January 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
S7S has become a flamer. Flamers are not tolerated outside of IFU.

Sorry Sciky. I restored her comment.

Just flame her back...or ignore her.

djura
January 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
debatable

you would know?

as if

Please don't quote 4 words you dislike, from 20 word sentence :icon_rolleyes:. Makes no seance. You actually have to read the whole post, or at lease a large part of it, to understand what it's about.

winwun
January 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Some good points, Fosley, but it is still yet to be determined, from an anthropological sense, the differences in male/female response to a specific situation.

There are noticeable differences in the animal world that cannot be explained by societal pressure, but I will grant that such pressure is significant, as an altering factor in behaviour of girls/women.

A case in point is the differences shown when girl's classes are made unisex rather than co-ed.

Something so significant, that has such import on the world we live in surely deserves some in-depth study.

fosley
January 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Well, I agree that women are genetically disposed towards certain dispositions more often than men, and toward other dispositions less often than men, but I think if you took the social pressure out of it, you would find a much smaller gap. Also, I think many behaviors are completely artificial.

Additionally, there is a great deal of overlap between the sexes, and the innate differences are accurately described only by averages and extremes. Everything else can only be described on an individual basis.

Tsar Phalanxia
January 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZZreXEqSY

Says it all really