View Full Version : a wild THEIST appears!

Rothis
January 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Hello, CoG. I am Rothis.

I came across this site from the bottom of a webcomic, and I thought that the beliefs here are quite unique. That is, unless you consider the Blakists, who also worshipped technology and practiced its advancement with religious zeal, but I digress.

It is my firm belief that any individual belief or belief system can and should undergo criticism; it can only lead to benefit. If the question is valid and the belief/system cannot provide a legitimate answer, then the questionable belief/sytsem is discarded, to the benefit of its former keeper (after all, who wants a questionable belief/system?). If the legitimate question is answerable by the belief/system, then the credibility of said belief/system is strengthened.

I should let you know now that I am a theist, and my membership within the forum does not constitute my membership within the CoG. I am not a troll, either; I expect any responses to my posts should be as serious as the OP, and will post the same. Besides, without people like me, your threads in Serious Discussion turn into long threads of people responding "I agree" (in more or less words) or liken to giant cirlcle-jerks.

TL;DR: My name is Rothis. I'm not a troll, only playing Devil's (or is that Microsoft's?) Advocate. I hope you enjoy my stay as much as I will.

See you in SD! :)

tagnostic
January 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
sounds like fun
welcome

Tsar Phalanxia
January 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
QUICK! GET THE MASTERBALL!
Seriously, you guys are so rare around here, we'd kill to have one stay permanently. Atheists? Pah, we're two a penny. Oh, and although we screw around 75% of the time, the other 25% is spent in SD ;)
Btw Fallout 3 Powerarmour? WIN

rzm61
January 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
NO I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU!

Dementis
January 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
threads in Serious Discussion turn into giant cirlcle-jerks.

TL;DR: My name is Rothis. I'm not a troll, only playing Devil's (or is that Microsoft's?) Advocate. I hope you enjoy my stay as much as I will.

See you in SD! :)

I only participate in circle jerks with rzm61, thankyou very much. Welcome anyways! You are correct that some serious, well thought out criticism is needed and is greatly appreciated.

djura
January 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hello, CoG. I am Rothis.

It is my firm belief that any individual belief or belief system can and should undergo criticism; it can only lead to benefit. If the question is valid and the belief/system cannot provide a legitimate answer, then the questionable belief/sytsem is discarded, to the benefit of its former keeper (after all, who wants a questionable belief/system?). If the legitimate question is answerable by the belief/system, then the credibility of said belief/system is strengthened.

Fuck, I lost you around 4th word 2nd row... or was it the first one.:icon_eek:
You are so welcome though:D

Tsar Phalanxia
January 24th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Yes it does. You can be a Googlist and whatever other religion at the same time.

Post 2,500 Rimmer. Gratz.

rzm61
January 24th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Seriously, I don't want to do this...but I'm ready to start treating your posts as spam...in other words, knock of the shit cause I don't feel like getting in trouble for deleting your crap.

sudikics
S7S has become a flamer. Flamers are not tolerated outside of IFU.

rzm61
Oh piss off Sciky, you hairy little twat! :icon_razz:

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I suspect something bad is gunna go down soon... :icon_confused:

rzm61
January 24th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Doubt it...

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I suspect something bad is gunna go down soon... :icon_confused:

they should just shag and get it over with. stop making such a huge big deal out of copulating body parts. as if it was life altering or something.

I mean, why are you so fucking obsessed with SEX? why?

WHAT's wrong with you?

Can I help you find a way out of this trap?

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Uhh... I hardly ever reference sex. Shit going down is like bad things coming... so your argument is invalid.

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 01:57 AM
like I said.

can I help you help me help you OUT of this wicked small minded little fucked up mentality townie headtrip you're not BALLING in front of out here in NOWHERE's ville, little kid?

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 01:59 AM
No, but you can stop flaming this supposed to be serious post. I respect Rothis... you should too. Now get over yourself and either leave or fix your damn problem.

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Hey, man it's cool and all. I'm not the problem, I'm part of the solution.

It's you with the problem, I think. You and all your little ways and your cool little side glances and your tough little poses. It's you.

My problem is that I needed to figure out what your problem exactly is.

But, I am not the problem or the one with the problem, exactly, although I do have my little insignificant problems from time to time. However, I do not have THAT BIG of A PROBLEM.

OKAY? I am not normally, how we say "problem"atic.

as it were.

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 02:05 AM
You have threatened to brutally murder nearly half of the active members online at this time. However, that is clearly perfectly normal. Quit being a control freak; live your on life.

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 02:10 AM
merely conjecture and heresy

however innocent until proven guilty

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Glad to see you are calming down a bit, now can we please get down to the root of the problem?

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I see. It's all about one of those kinds of problems.

Well...hm. Which kind of root are we dealing with?

Carrot, potato, yam, radish?

I mean is there a color or shape associated with the root?

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 02:18 AM
fuchsia and octagon. Go.

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Have you had it checked out by a doctor recently?

It seems to be inflamed and might need treatment.

What else can you tell me about this pink multifaceted flower that droops?

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Instead of blossoming into beautiful flowers, it instead grows bacon. It reeks of monster however, the green kind that is.

I don't know any plant doctors... any suggestions?

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Instead of blossoming into beautiful flowers, it instead grows bacon. It reeks of monster however, the green kind that is.

I don't know any plant doctors... any suggestions?

OK. plants do not normally grow pig flesh. so my suggestion is that what you have is looking like a flower, but what it actually is is a hog. and since hogs are suffering because they roll in the mud and are gluttons, they do not usually live very well or long in captivity when they are raised for food, ie meat to be eaten.

the green monster smell is disturbing because what instantly comes to mind is those mad cow diseases that come from the livestock eating rotten and diseased food and water, instead of allowed to eat purely grown food and "free roaming" charges. like the pigs cages are too close to their body and they are not allowed fresh air, and other necessities of life. so when the pig is slaughtered, cooked, and eaten by a human or other carnivore, then, you have diseased meat that turns into cancer causing cells (in the eater)...hence that 8 sided green headed monster that you smell.

green is also greed... or horny, maybe, like a small candy. what else do you sense?

as for Plant Doctors - what I would suggest is trying first a Plant Spirit Medicine Man.

Also, you could try a naturopath or someone who uses herbal medicines, tinctures, salves, homeopathy, or chinese medicine.

you could calm down with aromatherapy for starts and take a hot bath and just chill out and relax. or, you could take an ice cold shower.

and i've already said 50 zillion times to workout, as this is grounding.

Dementis
January 24th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I sense it is very angry. It wishes to rule the world. Its name is sterance. it says it does not have a gender. It confuses me.

sailor
January 24th, 2009, 02:50 AM
angry ruler sterance. can i talk to it? is it available to discuss this problem out loud?

I feel that because it's angry, it wants to take the whole world out with it instead of help the world, it wants to trash the world and thereby rule it through stomping or mushing out opposing opinions? Is that right, sorta?

Chritter
January 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Hi there Rothis! Don't mind them... it's not unusual to see topics stray off course *lol*

Welcome to the CoG! Here's to hoping you add a bit of fire to the conversations without it exploding into flames :)

sudikics
January 24th, 2009, 03:13 AM
some crap
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/0c/Trollinvasion.jpg

Seriously, S7S: either STFU or GTFO (http://www.wemar.hr/myspace/stfu_gtfo.jpg).

Tsar Phalanxia
January 24th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Seriously, I don't want to do this...but I'm ready to start treating your posts as spam...in other words, knock of the shit cause I don't feel like getting in trouble for deleting your crap.

Huh? Me?

sudikics
January 24th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Huh? Me?
No, silly, S7S.

Tsar Phalanxia
January 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM
It was right after my post though... D:

rzm61
January 25th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I could have sworn it was after a post from SS.

fosley
January 25th, 2009, 09:17 AM
It seems the offending post was removed. . . several of them have been that way.

djura
January 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
But it was so much fun to read...

sudikics
January 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Oh, shoot! I hit "Delete Permenantly" instea dof "Soft Delete"! D: My bad, guys.

rzm61
January 26th, 2009, 02:48 PM
http://bbs.311.com/forums/images/aphblack/smilies/picard.gif

Please pay attention next time.

Dementis
January 26th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Agreed. Those posts were quite fun to read and ridicule.

ryooshi
January 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Who cares if your religious? We are all tolerant and we appreciate diversity amongst religion. :icon_eek:

Dementis
January 28th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Literacy cat is not amused.