View Full Version : Googlism is a parody religion

Pad Thai
February 5th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hear me out.

Let's take a look at where googlism was founded--Canada.

Canada is a christian nation. According to the CIA world factbook, Canada is 42.6% Roman Catholic, Protestant 23.3% (including United Church 9.5%, Anglican 6.8%, Baptist 2.4%, Lutheran 2%), other Christian 4.4%, Muslim 1.9%, other and unspecified 11.8%, none 16% (2001 census)

Thus, only 29.7% of the country's populace is either a muslim, other nonchristian, or of no religious affiliation.

Now, obviously the gentleman that founded this religion is not a Christian. However, he certainly has knowledge of the Christian religion coming from a predominantly Christian country , and furthermore he has essentially substituted "Googlist" beliefs for Christian ones.

Really what has happened here is the creation of a new religion based on the religion of the country it was founded in. Take a look at some of the beliefs and worldviews that parallel Googlism and Christianity.

Google/God is omnipotent.
Google/God omniscient
Google/God answer prayers
Google/God is infinite
Google/God remembers all
Google/God can do no evil

Furthermore, the prayers are all just parodies of Christian prayers such as the Lord's Prayer and the Hail Mary. One is even to the tune of Jingle Bells. In one of the prayers, Google was called "the merciful", such as is one of God's names in Arabic (al-rahman)

All this truth being said, can a Googlist explain how it is not a parody religion?

sudikics
February 5th, 2009, 05:48 PM
It's a parody religion.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
It's obvious that it is.

rzm61
February 5th, 2009, 06:07 PM
YOU MEAN THIS SHIT IS A JOKE?!?!

WTF! :icon_mad:

tagnostic
February 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm just waiting
for the punchline

rzm61
February 5th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Mind=Blown.

You have no idea.
I'm still picking up the pieces from the asplosion.

tagnostic
February 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
if no religion can be proven
then aren't we a parody of an illusion?

rmw
February 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I'm still picking up the pieces from the asplosion.

Oh, c'mon. You couldn't have had that many pieces to pick up. :icon_razz:

tagnostic
February 6th, 2009, 01:52 AM
rofl
she got ya on that one

Chritter
February 6th, 2009, 05:19 AM

*makes and invisible mark* Thats one for rmw...

haha!

But to be truthful... I dont think it was his intent to state the blatently obvious. I think his intent was to see if anyone could come up with counterpoints for the argument that Google-ism ISN'T a parody religion...

Otherwise, what would be the purpose of this post?

rzm61
February 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM

You'd be shocked at how much of a mess a hollow shell can make.

tagnostic
February 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM
ha, the yolks on you:icon_razz:

Daruko
February 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I don't care what you guys think.

I take this shit SRSLY.

tagnostic
February 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I take it with
2 aspirin a
mickeys 40
and a bowl
when its available

Daruko
February 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I take it with
2 aspirin a
mickeys 40
and a bowl
when its available
good ol mickeys

tagnostic
February 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM
it isn't just
for breakfast
anymore

Dementis
February 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
My head asploded in a similar fashion to that of rzm's. Hopefully we don't get the pieces mixed up! SRSLY GUYS WTF!?!? PARODY? NOT COOL! J00 TRIXED ME!

rzm61
February 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
My head asploded in a similar fashion to that of rzm's. Hopefully we don't get the pieces mixed up! SRSLY GUYS WTF!?!? PARODY? NOT COOL! J00 TRIXED ME!

Fucking stealing my thunder and shit up in here. :icon_arrow:

djura
February 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I believe what ever the hell I wont. Any religion is a parody from a given point of view. People who don't like it can go fuck them selves.

tagnostic
February 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I believe what ever the hell I "wont". Any religion is a parody from a given point of view. People who don't like it can go fuck them selves.

that's either a great freudian slip
the best typo of all time
or +5 rep for smooth

Daruko
February 11th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I believe what ever the hell I wont. Any religion is a parody from a given point of view. People who don't like it can go fuck them selves.
rock on

Will.
February 12th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I'm going to open the church of Calvacadal Nonsense.

Daruko
February 12th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I'm going to open the church of Calvacadal Nonsense.
It's been done and redone, and redone again. You're not funny. You're not fresh. You're a laem troll who falls back on dadaism when your real arguments fall short. Seen it. Done it. Next.

tagnostic
February 12th, 2009, 10:04 AM
subtle hint D
You have to
wait till they
register b4
you can
ignore
them

Will.
February 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
It's been done and redone, and redone again. You're not funny. You're not fresh. You're a laem troll who falls back on dadaism when your real arguments fall short. Seen it. Done it. Next.

A lame troll eh? You're horrible, just terrible. :icon_lol:
And its been done over and over? Is this not one of those church's?

Daruko
February 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
A lame troll eh? You're horrible, just terrible. :icon_lol:
And its been done over and over? Is this not one of those church's?
First you threatened that some 3rd world governments were gonna come GET US because we're Googlists, and since you were quickly shot down with that ridiculous notion, all you've posted is dadaist nonsense and echoes of other posts. You haven't said even one slightly interesting or humorous thing since you've come. Stop acting like an idiot, and I'll consider treating you like the other primates. Keep posting nonsense and retarded shit like you did when you joined, and I'll be happy to give you the attention you seem to crave.

Will.
February 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
First you threatened that some 3rd world governments were gonna come GET US because we're Googlists, and since you were quickly shot down with that ridiculous notion, all you've posted is dadaist nonsense and echoes of other posts. You haven't said even one slightly interesting or humorous thing since you've come. Stop acting like an idiot, and I'll consider treating you like the other primates. Keep posting nonsense and retarded shit like you did when you joined, and I'll be happy to give you the attention you seem to crave.

O.o Sarcasm boy, sarcasm, can't you sense it? Oh wait, no, because it went over your head.... Look at it go, too late its gone.