View Full Version : WHENCE??!

ty.mcccxxxvii
February 17th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Where are you folks all from? I know there's some Canadians, and with the amount od budsmokers I'm sure there's some west coasters..

I hail from Seattle, Washington. Where the gangstas are accountants and the trees are evergreen.

You?

rzm61
February 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I be from a Philly Suburb.

Daruko
February 17th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Central Illinois, right next to Normal.

tagnostic
February 17th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Tempe AZ

Tsar Phalanxia
February 17th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Blighty.

djura
February 17th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Serbia

sailor
February 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yep. I'm a west coaster as is Tagnostic.

Have lived all over So Cal since I was 4. Long Beach, San Diego, Claremont, Santa Monica, Mt. Washington, and Culver City.

I live in LBC now, and I'm moving into a new housing co-op situation soon, The Rudra Yoga Center on 4th St. I'm training to become certified in Hatha Yoga, Tao Yoga, Reiki, and other healing arts things with them! They have this amazing Sikh as a guest who is helping develop the www.energycafe.la (http://www.energycafe.la) and teaching students a new way to breathe and cook ayurvedic/sufi-yoga style food. Plus, I practice gyrokenisis & rudra flo (meditation) at 6am with a teacher called Masa (http://www.myspace.com/djmilesmaeda), who's also a traveling DJ.

I'm also traveling to NYC and possibly staying at the rudra center there, I think it's in Manhattan. So... maybe one day I'll be an east coaster... idk yet, we'll havta see about some things. Mom is selling the house where I live and moving in with my sister pretty soon.

rzm61
February 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Holy Shit, no need for your life story.

Daruko
February 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
That's what I was thinking, but believe it or not, I was feeling too nice to say it. I think I'm goin' soft again. Please make it stop.

rzm61
February 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
That's what I was thinking, but believe it or not, I was feeling too nice to say it. I think I'm goin' soft again. Please make it stop.

Looks like you need a week of ----- ----. :icon_twisted:

Arbiter419
February 17th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm from a small town in central Pennsylvania, USA.

When I say small, I mean ~2000 people. Not a village or anything.

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I'm from a small town in central Pennsylvania, USA.

When I say small, I mean ~2000 people. Not a village or anything.

Woah, I live in a town with....... Ninety-two people....Also four dogs.

Loki
February 18th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Yorkshire - An independent Nation in the North of England. Think coal and beer :D

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 12:21 AM
We got, Diamonds.... And booze, as far as the eye can see.... I think people think we're just one big LB.

rmw
February 18th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Colorado. Born and raised.

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I mean, we have more isles here than we do houses at the Liquor board..... Its sad.....

tagnostic
February 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Sun & Sand
what more
do ya need?

Tsar Phalanxia
February 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Yorkshire - An independent Nation in the North of England. Think coal and beer :D

That sounds exactly like Lancashire. And Wigan.

tagnostic
February 18th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Colorado. Born and raised.

been there,
done that,
hate snow.

Sister Faith
February 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM
City girl born & bred in Montreal, Quebec (Canada) Pop: 3.6 million

Now, I'm a refugee from the War On Anglophones, hiding out in a small Ontario farming community (Pop: 148)

tagnostic
February 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Keep Hiding,
when I first got here
and found out you could
get on the 60 and drive in either
direction at 60 mph and get off in 45 min
and still be in the metroplex, I Freaked, to big

Tsar Phalanxia
February 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Born in Belfast, emigrated to Lancashiire when I was 6. So I'm an Anglo-Irish mulatto, ethnically half Irish, but culturally British.
But I always think of myself as European.

Sister Faith
February 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Keep Hiding,
when I first got here
and found out you could
get on the 60 and drive in either
direction at 60 mph and get off in 45 min
and still be in the metroplex, I Freaked, to big

Gotcha on that one. You couldn't pay me enough money to move back to the concrete jungle. Too dirty, too noisy, too crowded, too much!

Kabel
February 19th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Denmark.. Population 5,5 million.

Loki
February 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM
That sounds exactly like Lancashire. And Wigan.

Ha! Thy's givvin thee sen airs 'n' graces lad. Cotton weavers, the lot of ya! Shoddy too :D
PS - Is Wigan still legal?

PPS - You think of yourself as European? Wow - I'll even argue about being English :D

sailor
February 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM

sorry, i was woozy from all that steam and cooked legumes. at least i didn't get abducted by a tantric sex cult, tied up and gang raped... yet.

(oops)

ps - who's the lucky lass, then?

We got, Diamonds.... And booze, as far as the eye can see.... I think people think we're just one big LB.

diamonds?!

LB??

Tsar Phalanxia
February 19th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ha! Thy's givvin thee sen airs 'n' graces lad. Cotton weavers, the lot of ya! Shoddy too :D
PS - Is Wigan still legal?

PPS - You think of yourself as European? Wow - I'll even argue about being English :D
As far as I'm aware, it's still legal to be a pie eater. And I have no idea what shoddy even means.
P.S. Europe > UK

tagnostic
February 19th, 2009, 09:58 PM
You Britishers are
killing me,
but you
know
who
to
call
when
the huns
get a bit rowdy

Tsar Phalanxia
February 19th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Not France for sure :]

tagnostic
February 19th, 2009, 10:12 PM
rofl
they can bake & saute'
but their martial skills
are definately lacking

Loki
February 19th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I've never met a German I didn't like! All three of 'em. And if anyone has a go at my mate Lilith...well, I'll probably join in but that's just me :D
Now the French...lol.

Tag, let's hope you join the party before last orders next time eh? ;)

Phal - shoddy is a cheap wool mixture. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shoddy

EU>UK. What in? Burning sheep? Pretending not to have BSE in the herd? Hating us? Eating garlic frogs with a side-dish of snail? BO? Perfume? Silly accents? Being foreign?
I fail to see your argument! :icon_razz:

tagnostic
February 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
rofl,
what party?
where's my invite?
damn Britisheres,
invite us to the war's
but never the Party:icon_razz:

Tsar Phalanxia
February 20th, 2009, 09:22 AM
rofl
they can bake & saute'
but their martial skills
are definately lacking
Hehe, it's fun to joke that, but's it's more that at around the time of WW2, their matrial skills were lacking in comparison to a modern fightiong force; i.e. they prepared for WW1 v2.0 rather than the Blitzkreig and hundreds of tanks and bombers that poured across the Belgian border

Tag, let's hope you join the party before last orders next time eh? ;)
Zing.

Phal - shoddy is a cheap wool mixture. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shoddy

I knew it as in the context of "That's shoddy building work" but never heard it in that context before. Neat.

EU>UK. What in? Burning sheep? Pretending not to have BSE in the herd? Hating us? Eating garlic frogs with a side-dish of snail? BO? Perfume? Silly accents? Being foreign?
I fail to see your argument! :icon_razz:
At least their economy still makes things. London is now Reykjavik-on-Thames.
Oh, and no Daily Heil. :D

Loki
February 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
At least their economy still makes things. London is now Reykjavik-on-Thames.
Oh, and no Daily Heil. :D

No Daily Heil? But...but...who else will warn the public about the dangers of Liberal Lesbian Lithuanian Immigrants HIGH ON SKUNK and sponging off the State!
THE PUBLIC HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW!

(And sod London - that's Down South :D)

I'm not completely anti-EU but I don't think the time is right for us to become more involved than we already are. Except with Holland - for personal reasons :D

google_is_my_friend
February 25th, 2009, 08:26 AM
everett wa