View Full Version : Deconstruction of the Family unit.

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Ok, depending on the situation (Nuclear family, or Traditional) The results still have hit the gutter, I've seen things, unspeakable things, speakable ones too.
I took a shot at my dad once.... Advice for the wea0ry, if your father is a Farmer, and an old school one to boot, don't try and hit him, you may land it, but he will probably stare blankly at you, deciding weather to kick your ass, or just throw you into stuff..... Anyways straying from the subject, children now days are more prone to be raised by TV and the Internet, though generationally speaking no one is perfect, this is just an outlook.
My generation may have had its problems, and previous ones too, but.. Its hard to explain.... PARENTS DON'T IGNORE YOUR CHILDREN!. GET INVOLVED SOMEWHAT, don't cramp them, they hate it. Also if you have a teen unwilling to move out, be a parent and involve yourself too much... It almost always works.

EDIT: further examining the family unit, people tend to mix values, and take ignorance to what their children do, and what they themselves do, lowing the moral constant.

rzm61
February 18th, 2009, 01:21 AM
But if the parents actually raise their kids an all we won't be able to blame video games and music!

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Damn tootin we wont. Because before, all we had to blame was, ourselves... And people don't like feeling like they're to blame.

EDIT: Also, a government facility is no substitute for parenting, nor should it ever have a hand, other than a pre set of expectations on how not to abuse the child, Furthermore, corporal punishment is not abuse, in some instances. If a child, that is not too young, commits an act far beyond the line of safety, I mean like WAAAAAAAY over sometimes a spanking is what they need. Again, proceeding, Parents though your child is unable to save itself from itself, children are surprisingly tough. Don't hide them from, the world... Mildly get in their way and embarrass them as much as possible.

bouchie
February 18th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Damn tootin we wont. Because before, all we had to blame was, ourselves... And people don't like feeling like they're to blame. I can agree to that.

Furthermore, corporal punishment is not abuse, in some instances. If a child, that is not too young, commits an act far beyond the line of safety, I mean like WAAAAAAAY over sometimes a spanking is what they need. Wait, let me get this straight. If a child places themselves in a situation where they could be seriously hurt, you suggest that the best way to ensure that they will not do that again, is to hurt them? Explain that logic to me.

Again, proceeding, Parents though your child is unable to save itself from itself, children are surprisingly tough. Don't hide them from, the world... Mildly get in their way and embarrass them as much as possible. Oh, I don't know, some kids are quite tough and resourceful, even on their own and would probably survive without parents for quite some time.

Might be a bit unstable later on, but that's to be expected.

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I can agree to that.

Wait, let me get this straight. If a child places themselves in a situation where they could be seriously hurt, you suggest that the best way to ensure that they will not do that again, is to hurt them? Explain that logic to me.

Oh, I don't know, some kids are quite tough and resourceful, even on their own and would probably survive without parents for quite some time.

Might be a bit unstable later on, but that's to be expected.

1. Alrighty

2. Who said hurt them? pull their pants down in public and spank them... It barely hurts, and its the embarrassment thats the punishment most of the time.

3. I don't think you read three correctly... Give it another go.

bouchie
February 18th, 2009, 04:01 AM
1. Alrighty

2. Who said hurt them? pull their pants down in public and spank them... It barely hurts, and its the embarrassment thats the punishment most of the time.

3. I don't think you read three correctly... Give it another go.

Where did the numbers come from?

As to...3...I think some kids can survive completely on their own, without the aid of a parent. An adult, perhaps - but after seeing some kids, the adult with help the kid like an adult rather than a kid.

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 04:08 AM
They come from the numeric system.

They could survive, a bleak and dismal life if you would call it that. Without parental guidance most children have no direction, and most children with parents don't have it either, though they have structure. Also I still don't think you quite get it.

tagnostic
February 18th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I've found that honesty
is the best policy with
anyone, and age has
nothing to do with
intelligence,
just experience,
that and quoting the
Rolling Stone's
"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

Will.
February 18th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I've found that honesty
is the best policy with
anyone, and age has
nothing to do with
intelligence,
just experience,
that and quoting the
Rolling Stone's
"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

Yeah they do know what they're doing coming to the conclusions of moral dilemma....

Sister Faith
February 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I blame the deconstruction of the family unit on the run-away cost of living, which has outpaced our rate of income to such an extent that it now takes 2 incomes to provide for an average family.

More and more kids are being left on their own while the parents work. The cost of daycare (even subsidized) is out of reach for the working poor (ain't that an oxymoron! :icon_rolleyes:).

Still, I know what you're saying Will. There are some parents (even stay-at-home ones) who haven't a clue about what their kid is thinking or feeling, let alone what they are doing when left on their own. Take the kids who shot up Columbine HS for instance. The kid's parents had no idea that he had so much anger & hatred in him, let alone that he was making bombs and sawing off shotguns in his bedroom. How's that for parental disconnect! :icon_evil:

winwun
February 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Both parents working is a desired situation, not a necessary one.

Anymore, people are not satisfied to settle for "adequate" when "superlative" is available, even at the cost of both parents having to work and neglect the family unit in order to enjoy something beyond their logical and reasonable means.

It is truly sad, for in addition to the children suffering, the amenities purchased by the additional income often serve only to further alienate the family unit.

Also, let one member of the family lose its job, and it's "foreclosure city".

As far as punishment serving to forestall a worse catastrophe, I agree -- I remember my daughter as a crawler doing her best to get close enough to a large electric heater to touch it, despite the attempts of me and her mother to keep her from the heater.

We finally decided to let her touch it, and the one touch was all it took -- the poor child wailed like a mashed cat, and her little blistered pinky took a couple of days to heal, but she sure took a wide berth around the heater from then on.

Sister Faith
February 19th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Both parents working is a desired situation, not a necessary one.

I agree with you on everything you said here except this.
Granted, there are alot of parents who both work so that they can have the extras, but in this day & age they do not make up the majority of the working class.

Tell me how, in the days before pay equity, my widowed mother was able to support 3 kids on her measly salary and still have money left over for some (not many mind you) extras and savings? She was able to do it because she did not have to spend 3/4 of her monthly wages on rent. Her grocery bill did not cost 50% of her weekly paycheque. Heating/hydro did not cost her an arm & a leg, the gov't wasn't taking 48% of her yearly income in taxes, etc, etc.

Back then, salaries kept pace with inflation. The basics were affordable. That's no longer the case, and hasn't been for some time. :icon_evil:

djura
February 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I agree with you sis. I was raised by a single mother, my father kept avoiding court appearances and stuff, so he never payed a dime of child support. Back in the day it was not such a big deal, since my mothers pay was more than enough to cover everything.
Nowadays, my girlfriend and me both work, and it's barely enough for everyday things - by the time I pay lease on my car, store rent, all the bills... can't imagine having a kid, and if my girlfriend didn't work it would be impossible.

tagnostic
February 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I made the decision along time ago,
that my lifestyle precluded the proper
Raising of a child.
So I do love OP's
Sometimes wish I had had one,
but then all I gott a do is see how
many out there could use an Uncle Tag

winwun
February 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Back in the 30's, me and my older bro and sis all worked at whatever would bring in an extra dime or quarter, while our mom was out doing "day work" as a maid, servant, grudge, whatever you want to call it, and we cooked, cleaned house, chopped wood, kept a garden, chickens, and picked fruit and nuts in season, dug roots and herbs and in our spare time did our best to trash each other.

My father was killed 5 months before I was born . . .

We didn't know we were poor until someone told us, and on recollection, I don't remember us being unhappy or feeling deprived, it was just the way it was, and we all did what we had to do.

I hope it will never come to it, but I believe I could do it all again if I had to.

I'm not so sure about a lot of the people I see, and I wonder how they would fare under such circumstances.

What is considered "poverty" living today, when I was a kid, would have been luxury like no one had ever seen or dreamed of . . .

Sister Faith
February 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
We didn't know we were poor until someone told us, and on recollection, I don't remember us being unhappy or feeling deprived, it was just the way it was, and we all did what we had to do.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :icon_cool:

I'm not so sure about a lot of the people I see, and I wonder how they would fare under such circumstances.Probably not well. We are doing our kids a disservice by making life too easy for them. We are so intent on sparing them from life's hard knocks & petty little disappointments that they grow up not knowing how to cope with the rough patches.

Will.
February 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
So to sum up what has been said, it is a common belief that the deconstruction of the Family unit is a mixed cause, of lack of interest, economic strife and, lack of institutionalized education? Or did I read into it too deep?

tagnostic
February 22nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
the deconstruction of the family unit
is a microcosm of society in general
once personal responsibility is an option
and not a source of pride, it all goes to crap.
Once, you were no longer responsible for the wife
that you took, and the children you created.
Once, you were no longer responsible for you actions,
because of your 'childhood'
Once, every action had an excuse instead of atonement for mistakes and pride in accomplishments
the fall of society was inevitable,
and it ain't over.

winwun
February 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Word, Tag -- too true, too true . . .

Will.
February 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Somethin tells me win didn't really get it.

winwun
February 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
I admit to being a little slow, but what I got was, it's sorta sad when you have nothing to look back on with pride, or nothing to look forward to with hope, and the last (possibly the only) truth you recognize before you view the sod from the brown side is that the world will be a better place in your absence . . .

Will.
February 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Tone lost through text. Tone of voice, compared to what is said is two different things. When one tries to get this across using text it tends to go flying by like a bat out of hell.. Off the record charts I mean heh heh.... Meatloaf, straying from the original direction of this. Yes I'm kinda mean, that said and done, I may not be old, but I have earned the right to be mean, I wouldn't of posted this thread had this not been relevant to a prior situation involving me. In my life I've fallen asleep in one country to wake up as a sublet of Russia, having people come into my house and take my family's things.... So F$%# you. :icon_rolleyes:

djura
February 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
You sound like Meg

Will.
February 23rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
You sound like Meg

Do we gotta go through this again? I . R . WIll.

djura
February 23rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Nah dude, chill, we're cool...

Will.
February 24th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Alrighty, boy.... Will. is not home right now, please leave a message after the beep...... Your talking to Bill. Now. :icon_twisted: :icon_lol:

LOLFTS

google_is_my_friend
February 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
why did you hit your father will?

winwun
February 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
For throwing ugly pups ? ? ?

Will.
February 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM
why did you hit your father will?

I decided one day that he was wrong, Oh did I regret that.....

djura
February 28th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hitting kids is immoral, stupid, evil, wrong and illegal. Hitting parents is crossing a line that shouldn't ever be crossed.
If my kid hit me, I would wait until he's over 18 and kick the everliving shit out of him. Thank god I don't have any kids :)

Will.
February 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
he grabbed me by one shoulder, lifted me off the ground, threw me across the top of his car, then when I got up, did the same thing, except into a barn....

tagnostic
March 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Hitting kids is immoral, stupid, evil, wrong and illegal. Hitting parents is crossing a line that shouldn't ever be crossed.
If my kid hit me, I would wait until he's over 18 and kick the everliving shit out of him. Thank god I don't have any kids :)

there are circumstances where it can be justified,
granted they are few, but none the less
there is a point where physical
rebellion is necessary
to a parent or
any other
misused
authority.

Tsar Phalanxia
March 1st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Well yeah, if the parents are psycopaths, then duh. However, in normal circumstances, if you hit your parents, chances are you're a dick.

rmw
March 1st, 2009, 06:51 PM
Well yeah, if the parents are psycopaths, then duh. However, in normal circumstances, if you hit your parents, chances are you're a dick.

If you throw the first punch or if a parent does? (And this assumes you're old enough to physically defend yourself.)

Tsar Phalanxia
March 1st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Depends. If you've done something really bad, then it's OK for parents to hit you, and if you hit back, then prepare to be flattened. If they hit you randomly, then sure, go nuts.

tagnostic
March 1st, 2009, 07:28 PM
corporal punishment within reason
is one thing, and only too impress
on the child safety,
ie: if a child runs into the street,
a swat on the butt to remind them is ok,
hitting a child with a closed fist
or anywhere other than a swat after
age 4 is unnecessary,
too often it goes over the line

djura
March 2nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
there are circumstances where it can be justified,
granted they are few, but none the less
there is a point where physical
rebellion is necessary
to a parent or
any other
misused
authority.

There are circumstances where murder is justifiable, I'm not talking about that. In a family where all is sane, kids hitting parents is plane unacceptable.

Will.
March 2nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Meh, I don't condone hitting parents, nor do I condone beating children, though
I also don't condone plain retardation.

pclamb
March 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I agree with Will. But you know Will...to some extent techno advances have added a great deal of 'new inspiration' for the new people on the block. Cant say I agree with it all. But the idea of a parent tossing the ball has great merit. I congratulate you.
dr phil

Sister Faith
March 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I agree with Will. But you know Will...to some extent techno advances have added a great deal of 'new inspiration' for the new people on the block. Cant say I agree with it all. But the idea of a parent tossing the ball has great merit. I congratulate you.
dr phil

Umm. Translation please?

on the child safety,

I used to agree with you on this. I say used to because I discovered that it is very hard to be reasonable with the corporeal punishment when you are in a panic state. When my youngest got into close scrapes, my first instinct was to whoop his ass but then I realized I would be doing it for my own benefit (to blow off steam/fear), not to teach him a lesson.

hitting a child with a closed fist
or anywhere other than a swat after
age 4 is unnecessary,
too often it goes over the line

Total agreement here! Any kind of child abuse (physical, verbal, emotional, neglect, etc :icon_rolleyes:) is a no-no in my book. That goes for parental/elder abuse, too.

Imho, if your child (over 5 yrs) is hitting you or anyone else in anger, then you are falling down on your parental duty to teach them acceptable ways to anger manage.

Will.
March 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
on the child safety,

I used to agree with you on this. I say used to because I discovered that it is very hard to be reasonable with the corporeal punishment when you are in a panic state. When my youngest got into close scrapes, my first instinct was to whoop his ass but then I realized I would be doing it for my own benefit (to blow off steam/fear), not to teach him a lesson.

Its situational, If a kid gets in a fight its not a good thing, because your curing violence with violence, now if your taking your kid to a gas station and he almost gets backed over, the embarrassment of having his pants pulled down and spanked in public, will more than suffice.

Sister Faith
March 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Its situational, If a kid gets in a fight its not a good thing, because your curing violence with violence, now if your taking your kid to a gas station and he almost gets backed over, the embarrassment of having his pants pulled down and spanked in public, will more than suffice.

But the child has to be old enough to feel embarrassment at getting spanked in public. A child this old is old enough to be reasoned with/controlled in a non-violent manner and is just as likely to 'get the message' by having his favorite toy taken away in punishment than by having his ass whooped.

Toddlers, however, are a different story. They do not respond to verbal warnings, they are not mature enough to be reasoned with. Giving them a swat to get their attention can be effective. But only when there is no panic involved can that swat be of calmly reasoned force. It's too easy to lose control of yourself when your heart is in your throat after seeing your child almost killed. I'd just rather not go there. :icon_cry:

Will.
March 16th, 2009, 06:55 PM
But the child has to be old enough to feel embarrassment at getting spanked in public. A child this old is old enough to be reasoned with/controlled in a non-violent manner and is just as likely to 'get the message' by having his favorite toy taken away in punishment than by having his ass whooped.

Toddlers, however, are a different story. They do not respond to verbal warnings, they are not mature enough to be reasoned with. Giving them a swat to get their attention can be effective. But only when there is no panic involved can that swat be of calmly reasoned force. It's too easy to lose control of yourself when your heart is in your throat after seeing your child almost killed. I'd just rather not go there. :icon_cry:

Alright I can admit that my example was shrewd but the meaning of this thread has gotten across right?

Sister Faith
March 16th, 2009, 07:25 PM
but the meaning of this thread has gotten across right?

Absolutely! Great discussion you started here, Will. :icon_cool:

Don't be alarmed if it goes off track a bit now and again, though. Not that I would know anything about derailing threads! :icon_lol:

Yiuel
March 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM

I have niece, still not 2 years old.

Yet, she does respond to verbal warnings, and she did so since she was not even 1.

Sister Faith
March 16th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I have niece, still not 2 years old.

Yet, she does respond to verbal warnings, and she did so since she was not even 1.

Hahaha! That can't be a real child you are talking about then! :icon_lol:

Seriously, a parent with a toddler who responds to verbal warnings is a lucky parent indeed. Mine knew what the word NO meant, he was just too head strong to pay any attention. :icon_evil:

Will.
March 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hahaha! That can't be a real child you are talking about then! :icon_lol:

Seriously, a parent with a toddler who responds to verbal warnings is a lucky parent indeed. Mine knew what the word NO meant, he was just too head strong to pay any attention. :icon_evil:

I remember being little... Sort of.. My family videos make me question "Why didn't my parents kill me sooner?"

Sister Faith
March 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I remember being little

Were you ever called Little Willie? *Sorry, couldn't resist!*

"Why didn't my parents kill me sooner?"

That implies that your parents were successful sometime in your past. This can only mean one thing. Holy sh*t! Zombies have infiltrated the CoG! :icon_lol:

Yiuel
March 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
We have a long tradition in our family of not being disruptive children. She's just the last of these fairly well behaved children.

Will.
March 16th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Well, cut out that sooner part then.

Were you ever called Little Willie? *Sorry, couldn't resist!*

Ouch, it does come with the turf of being called Will... Saddly.
But its better than Buffalo Bill.

winwun
March 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Sister, couldn't help noticing you said "HE".

That's the key word -- my experience was that early manifestations of intelligence and socialization are definetly gender oriented in favor of the girls . . .

Yiuel
March 17th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I am sorry to be a contradiction in your experience, but between both children in my own family, I was deemed from the beginning, despite my being younger, as the one gifted in intelligence and docility.

And me is a proud owner of a penis, mind you.

Tsar Phalanxia
March 17th, 2009, 01:21 AM
And me is a proud owner of a penis, mind you.

Me too.

When I was younger, and I am still to a lesser extent, I was a mischievous bastard :D

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 17th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I thought what I had was a penis but then I found it was a trouser snake that can attack and spew violent white stuff... It even has a mind of it's own..

Sister Faith
March 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Sister, couldn't help noticing you said "HE".

That's the key word -- my experience was that early manifestations of intelligence and socialization are definetly gender oriented in favor of the girls . . .

Being female, I'd be crazy to disagree with you here, but I have looked after some little girls who were just as, if not harder to control than some of the boys.
Girls may reach mental maturity faster than boys but that isn't to say that they have gained any self control or respect for authority.

winwun
March 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
You are right, SF, but their lack of control and respect for authority is negated by the female attribute/quality of accepting the inevitable and working through/around it.

Al Farabi
March 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
The best you can do when it comes to people is sometimes and often. When it comes to people universals tend to break down.

Sister Faith
March 19th, 2009, 11:52 PM
You are right, SF, but their lack of control and respect for authority is negated by the female attribute/quality of accepting the inevitable and working through/around it.

Are you talking about feminine wiles?

I'm not sure I'd call that an attribute as much as a learned behavior. In a patriarchal society, a female's wants/needs are only met at the discretion of the male. In order to get what she wants/needs, she has learned how to cleverly manipulate males. Hence, feminine wiles. :icon_twisted:

tagnostic
March 19th, 2009, 11:55 PM
., she has learned how to cleverly manipulate males.

:icon_twisted:

so why is it
man-ipulate?
wouldn't
womanipulate
be more apropos'?

Sister Faith
March 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
so why is it
man-ipulate?
wouldn't
womanipulate
be more apropos'?

It's short for Woe-be-to-man-if-I-don't-get-what-I-wantipulate. :icon_twisted:

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I've already ducked that toaster

Sister Faith
March 20th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I've already ducked that toaster

Bet you didn't see the frying pan coming right behind it! :icon_razz:

Hey, I heard that the journalist who shot his shoes at Bush's head got 3 years...for missing. :icon_lol:

If you want a job/assassination done right, ask a woman. :icon_twisted:

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
hehehe
in 81 i was living with satan's thin blonde avatar
I didn't put the seat down,
hitting a bowl
watching rocky and bullwinkle
the toaster oven caught me on the
back of the head, she's long gone, but
I put the seat down in the mens room at
a basketball game... a little training goes a long way

(same b@@@@ tried to kill me, ruined a really good motorcycle in the process)

Sister Faith
March 20th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I didn't put the seat down,
the toaster oven caught me on the
back of the head,
she's long gone, but
I put the seat down in the mens room at
a basketball game... a little training goes a long way

Man, that's harsh!

Being the only female in the house, I've learned to save my breath, energy and toasters by picking my fights.

Her loss, Tag. You're a keeper in my books if it only took one toaster to train you. ;)

(same b@@@@ tried to kill me, ruined a really good motorcycle in the process)I think we should resurrect the 'How I almost took myself out of the gene pool' thread. I want to hear this one! :icon_lol:

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I was riding an H1E 500cc full race, all that
salinas calif, working/learning under leo
at the shutters, but 3x's a week had to go
to castroville for artichokes

from the apt,
hard left 4 gears hit main and pull up flat out,
diving decreasing radius left on to the 101
pull up sweeping right,

i hit the 101 light at main
going yellow,
grab brakes,
nothing
cars coming,
throttle stuck
dive and go,
I love the Ivy on cali highways

there was vaseline on the disks
throttle return spring cut
I got home
she was gone with the van (69 dodge)
and all my crap

3yrs later and 300 miles away
I knocked on a homey's door
guess who answered it
my gf at the time knocked her out
haven't seen her scence

(ps, if your out there Karen, I hope life sux)

Will.
March 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM
86 H500 for the win. :icon_lol: on a yz 250 frame. XD

Sister Faith
March 20th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Way to rep the Sistahs, Karen! :icon_evil:

Only a talentless hack would resort to attempted homicide to get a van load of crap. You're a disgrace to our gender!

If there's any justice in the world Tag, she'll have hooked up with my ex. :icon_twisted:

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM
she was one of the first,

Jamie fired 6 shots from a .25 at me
Eś {I raised him with 3 others from 15yrs, mom only showed up to take shots and claim him on income tax) mom took 3 shots at me ,missed badly(.32) [I had to parole there before the transfer to AZ, ]
Susan took everything including the dog and the BBQ Pit but never tried to kill me
Julie disappeared stuff any time she was POd (Bishop{the dog}, Simon the bipolar bitch kitty, 200+hatś, the coupe de ville, etc) She did pop off a cap once but wasnt aiming at me, incident involving people who needed convincing.
the bullets I can dodge,
itś when they take shit when Im not around thatś a bugger

Loki
March 21st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Sis - I'm keeping out of this one :D

taggles - nice one mate - I understood nothing of that but I bet it was good.

Paris Hilton
March 21st, 2009, 12:39 AM
the bullets I can dodge,
itś when they take shit when Im not around thatś a bugger
I know. It's almost as if you were my brother.
The things we share in common are nothing short of amazing.

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Heh heh... Sorry man sucks2bu

tagnostic
March 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
actually itś pretty cool
i work on the so far so good theory
every day vertical is a win

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
actually itś pretty cool
i work on the so far so good theory
every day vertical is a win

Yeah, well, got me there, but remember, yer veritcal when yer five feet under, then your really fucked.
Or have alot of fat friends...

tagnostic
March 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
ahhh
but
then your
too dead
too care

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
ahhh
but
then your
too dead
too care

Or just have alot of fat friends.

pclamb
March 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
How big is your family unit?

Loki
March 24th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Just a gentle reminder that this is the Serious Discussion bit.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Well Pclam do you mean intermediate or whole?

Will.
March 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
:icon_evil:

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 02:06 PM
not sure what constitutes family unit

right now it's
me
benson
durgen
j
fingus
&
magic

why is that important?

Will.
March 30th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Family is any person/animal/automobile that the particular person is humbled and gracious to live around. And yes. My cars are part of my troop. Fuck with them I'll run you down, sucka. :icon_lol:

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
You don't have to live with all family.

Will.
March 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family. Unless your an orphan.

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM
2 of my sisters are adopted
at 8 yrs one of them was
going to speak at an
assembly
the principal asked her what it was like to be adopted
"when mom and dad went to the hospital for my brothers, they had to take what they could get, they picked me."

my brothers and i took turns beating the principal later

Will.
March 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
^^; sounds like fun.

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
if you google
'over protective'
you'll find my picture

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family. Unless your an orphan.

I thought the saying was "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."

Will.
March 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I thought the saying was "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."

But thats another story....

Al Farabi
March 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Family is any person/animal/automobile that the particular person is humbled and gracious to live around. And yes. My cars are part of my troop. Fuck with them I'll run you down, sucka. :icon_lol:

These are contradictory

Will.
March 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
These are contradictory

Cars can be orphans too. :P

djura
April 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM
in my personal experience, family can fuck things up for you better than any enemy could. So, now I just choose who to hang with...

Will.
April 1st, 2009, 07:11 PM
Exactly.