View Full Version : can u help me

google_is_my_friend
March 6th, 2009, 03:05 AM
i need to burn drivers for my motherboard sound and video card but express burn won't let me and i need to get these discs burned within 20 minutes

rzm61
March 6th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Copy them to a flash drive. A lot easier.

google_is_my_friend
March 6th, 2009, 03:10 AM
ty i will do that

in case it doesn't work, my computer is an acer it is model AM5640-U5401A windows vista version

i need help please, i couldn't find the exact drivers for it so i downloaded universal ones, i do have a new vista disc but i need the drivers, i lost the original copies

any ideas?

rzm61
March 6th, 2009, 03:14 AM
go into your device manager (if vista even still has that) and you should be able to look for the drivers for each device....usually by hitting 'update drivers'

However I've only used vista a few times, and that was only to go online or shit like that. Not actually messing around with it. I try to avoid it at all costs. If you have to deal with windblows, XP is where it's at.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 6th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Gosh darn you guys this is simple. Windows tends to auto install drivers. you should have driver disc that comes with your computer. Device manager is mostly good for looking and seeing what is wrong with the drivers you have currently. It search the internet for the needed drivers. Best is the usb key and just installing from there if it is needed to be done fast. Vista does have device manger if you want to see what drivers you ar missing or are corrupted. Sound you can mess with after you install vista and the vista cd may come with a driver for your video card.

google_is_my_friend
March 6th, 2009, 03:24 AM
i can't get into my computer at all, not even in safe mode, how am i soposed to search for the drivers
(i am using my mommy's comp right now)

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 6th, 2009, 03:25 AM
not even bios?

rzm61
March 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM
REFORMAT! http://bbs.311.com/forums/images/aphblack/smilies/cody.png

google_is_my_friend
March 6th, 2009, 03:27 AM
not even bios. something is seriously wrong, my friend brian could help me but hes really flaky and he is too busy. The cheapest a computer store quoted me was $120

rzm61
March 6th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Fuck that computer store.

Throw a magnet on the HDD and reformat the bitch.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 6th, 2009, 03:29 AM
No bios means a hardware issue which means you need a professional to look at it.

google_is_my_friend
March 6th, 2009, 03:32 AM
well i will have it fixed soon, I am not going to be on Cog for about 3 days or more.

thats a great idea i will but a huge magnet on my hard drive!

nooot.

tagnostic
March 6th, 2009, 04:47 AM
no bios,

could be as simple as the battery,
you might want to check that

djura
March 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
if it's an older comp you might wont to try taking it a part, and vacuuming the dust. Be careful though. Other thing that might have happened - dust and atmospheric moister may have affected pcie (agp) or memory contact (I've seen that happen a lot). Take the vga card out, grab an erasing rubber (kind you use to erase pencil marks) and wipe the contacts clean (you will see them become shinyer as you do this). Do the same with memory modules.
If you happen to have a compessor in a garage it is also a good idea to take your computer out and blow compressed air from your power supply unit as well as main board. (don't worry, I do this every 6 months).
Your bios batery is probably fine, as it wouldn't affect your computers ability to show something on the screen, it would only reset bios values to defaults.
Another thing, you might wont to listen to computer beeper when powering up, if there is a sound it's probably one of the things I mentioned.
One last thing, make sure all the power connectors inside your computer are firmly in place, and blow all the dust from them as well.
good luck

tagnostic
March 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
you can borrow my compressor
but it might be a tad excessive
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taggnostic/compressor.jpg

the laundry patio is a little wrecked right now,
i've been busy

djura
March 12th, 2009, 10:25 AM
how the hell did you get a 240 volt appliance plugged in into a 110 volt socket?

tagnostic
March 12th, 2009, 10:48 AM
it's not,
we have to unplug the dryer
(the grey plug)
to fire it up,
it wasn't plugged in
that pic

djura
March 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
you do golf too?

tagnostic
March 12th, 2009, 02:04 PM
well, sort of,
we play
'drunk call shot'

we go in the backyard with shank balls
the caller sets down the ball
and calls the shot,
"between the palm trees and over that roof"

bang away

the neighbors love us

oh, and there's a course about 10 minutes from here
that's all desert, an 18 hole sand trap
even the carts have dune tires
big fun

djura
March 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I can imagine. Sounds like loads of fun

tagnostic
March 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM
any course
with a 4wd
happy cart
is too cool

Sister Faith
March 13th, 2009, 10:28 PM
oh, and there's a course about 10 minutes from here that's all desert, an 18 hole sand trap even the carts have dune tires
big fun

Oh, %@$$# that does it, I'm hoppin' the fence! Put the kettle on Tag. :icon_cool:

For some real big crazy fun, try Croquet on shroo...er, steroids (http://www.geocities.com/extreme_croquet/). :icon_twisted:

tagnostic
March 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM
come on down
there's another course
I was the banquet chef at
it's got a keypad at every tee
you can order the happy cart to
bring cold ones on the fly, too cool