View Full Version : Musings on Google Appreciation Day

Googler
March 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
My Google calendar is set to send me agendas for every day of the week. Typically, I ignored them because my calendar was not synced with my Blackberry. However, now that I finally got around to downloading Google Sync, I started to pay attention. When reading today's agenda, I noticed a recurring full day appointment that I had started long ago, Google Appreciation Day. At seeing this, I decided that I would participate in the holiday for old times sake.

The general rule, is to research something to change about your life. Consequently, I decided that I would go to Church of Google website and see what had become of my favorite religion. When I entered my prayer I was happy to find the CoG as the first result. Clicking on the link, I was originally concerned because the site had not changed much since when I left. I concluded that the forum would be the best way to see if the community was still alive. At clicking on the link, I was overjoyed to see that there were so many new members and ministers. I can remember the days when there were only ten ministers and we were wondering how long the CoG would survive.

I am pleased to see that the Church continued to grow and evolve since when I left. So, as the guidelines of GAD stipulate, I have re-bookmarked the site and have now posted on the forums. I hope to become more active over the coming months and I am glad to see all is going well.

(Happy Pi day as well ;) )

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Glad to see you have come back! Brings a tear to my eye. Things have defiantly changed since you left and have changed since I got here. I hope you don't mind the changes and stay a while.

Welcome back!

rzm61
March 14th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hey there! Welcome back!

sudikics
March 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM
*grumbles something about how the next ten million years of parking cars were the worst*

tagnostic
March 15th, 2009, 04:01 AM
we don't park cars
we store potential
energy in infernal
combustion ways.

an object at rest,
tends to stay at rest
an automobile at rest
tends to get tickets
and expensive
mechanic fee's

Tsar Phalanxia
March 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Oh awesome! Welcome back!

Sister Faith
March 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Yay! Welcome back.
The church is certainly changing and evolving. Maybe a little too fast sometimes. Hope this doesn't put you off. :icon_cool: