View Full Version : Definition: The Human Condition

Will.
March 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
POV
The human condition in a nutshell is supply and demand, all the other junk is just filler. Supply and Demand, the human condition and this worlds present state are victims of want, not of logic. I want oil says one country, so another one gets turned upside down. I want uranium says the same country and then it turns to its Northern neighbor and enacts a clause that restricts the possession of Uranium to American processors. The consumer need in most cases overshoots the idea of balance within itself, nature has to exist for all this to exist. And now with the high demand and toll on nature, it will break the chain, again just saying. If you had a choice whether to be stylin in your lazy boy and blaring tunes to, reading a book or something that doesn't have an economical drain, which would you choose? Read the book? Highly unlikely for world consumers... People spread like the worlds cancer, the only difference from our body and the world is. The world will win. No ifs ands or buts about it. If you stab the world, its not going to wither, its going fix itself and Tornado your ass, or burn your house down. Its just the way things are, people are insignificant forms, though individually valuable sources of information, yet all drops of sand in the hour glass.

tagnostic
March 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
pov

the world is simple
you can't change it
just your little corner
of it, if your not fighting
to make it better, your a
quitter and a loser, it is what it is
but you don't have to leave it like you found it

Will.
March 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Good way to put it, "don't find your little slice of heaven, make it." - Me :icon_lol:

Al Farabi
March 19th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Good way to put it, "don't find your little slice of heaven, make it." - Me :icon_lol:

Why make a slice when you could make a whole pie, and share?

tagnostic
March 19th, 2009, 11:52 PM
clean up your house
then clean up your street
then the block
the the neighborhood

gotta start somewhere

Yiuel
March 20th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Why make a slice when you could make a whole pie, and share?

Me goes further :

Why make a pie when you can build a factory?

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 20th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Why build a factory when you can have others do it for you?

Loki
March 20th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Will - you're a tit!

By the way - I tried reading it but gave up at POV
Get a fucking grip mate!

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 01:54 AM
the human condition
is to survive whatever
reality you percieve
and of course to
bitch about it

(back on topic)

Will.
March 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Will - you're a tit!

By the way - I tried reading it but gave up at POV
Get a fucking grip mate!

Well, I may be a tit, but your that little remnant of the underwater eyelid that people got. At least I have a use.

Now back to everything not Loki,
The current forecast is, why are people the way we are?

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM

questioning it is a start,

making a positive difference is better

as to the actual question,
opposable thumbś,

Will.
March 20th, 2009, 01:07 PM
You know, you could be on to something there.
Does our evolution of the opposable thumb have anything to do with our technical/cultural and religious advances? More than likely, but does it attribute to our reasoning?

winwun
March 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Tag why is there no acute accent mark on the first 8 s's in your post and one on the last one ?

In Frog, the acute makes an e sound like an a as in resumé, but I don't know what it does to an ś . . .

Uhh . . .does this count as asking questions ?

I don't know why I am always being accused of nit-picking . . .

The human condition ? ? ?

As varied and diverse as could be imagined, and driven by factors too numerous to even consider.

A person cannot be considered as a whole, but must be accepted/rejected on the basis of relativity to the occasion . . .

We have the freedom to make choices, however, and the above is not meant to suggest that a person who would hurt a child in one situation be accepted in another.

As we are not defined by a single act or quality, a single act however, if abhorrent enough to the society in which one has chosen to live, can and should be sufficient to condemn one to exclusion from taking up air that would be better served by skunk stink . . .

Will.
March 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM
But when scientists and behaviourists talk like that. It just makes me think, that they are avoiding the fact that people are a negative influence on the world, how miniscule that influence is, what your saying just asks a bigger question, not what are we, but why are we.

Will.
March 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Mitch Hedberg - One day a guy came up to me and asked "Isn't it ironic how one of dirtiest peoples invented soap?" and I said "No man, Isn't it Ironic how that makes perfect sense?"

tagnostic
March 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
kinda makes you wonder
how towels get dirty
you only use them
when your clean

@winwun, I have a special character set on one of the toolbars, i sometimes forget to turn it off

Yiuel
March 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
In Frog, the acute makes an e sound like an a as in resumé, but I don't know what it does to an ś . . .

I speak both Frog and Squarehead, and Frog "é" definitely isn't SH "a". (If anything, English "a" is closer, but still different, to French "č".)

As for "ś", you might want to know that it is used in Polish. Its sound is close to English "sh" ; however, it is even more similar to Japanese "sh" /s\/. Formalized written descriptions make Polish "ś" and Japanese "sh" identical.

Loki
March 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Well, I may be a tit, but your that little remnant of the underwater eyelid that people got. At least I have a use.

Now back to everything not Loki,

Alas poor Will, I knew him, Horatio. A man of finite jest...target acquired!:icon_eek:

pclamb
March 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
i feel so small now

pclamb
March 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Religion does change; it's how we perceive God...our conditions of participation change...not God. What suits us may not be appropriate behavior in the realm of Godly religious order. I do not believe in organized religion...I am non-Denominational because denominations of religion did not exist in the first centtury church. You see...the world changes and moves in one direction while religion should be stationary. I find myself always looking at my behavior knowing times change a man, but not necessarilly for the good.

pclamb
March 20th, 2009, 11:53 PM
darkness is the absence of light...

Loki
March 21st, 2009, 12:04 AM
darkness is the absence of light...

Fuck me! Milan Kundera is alive and well and posting on this site :D

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Why, man? Why? Why? Why follow me around?

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 23rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Because you are the pick to annoy for the visit. I was the first draft pick though.

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Because you are the pick to annoy for the visit. I was the first draft pick though.

I was referring to pclamb but that is informitive....

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
So was I! The first day here they attacked my quotes in my sig.

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
So was I! The first day here they attacked my quotes in my sig.

I see, this is interesting.

Good stuff.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 23rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Good stuff untill you relize not only are they posting after you but they are right behind you.

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Good stuff untill you relize not only are they posting after you but they are right behind you.

Righty then, I will just have to buy some eyes for the back of my head.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Why are you the voice of reason and I am a babbling idiot today?

Will.
March 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Why are you the voice of reason and I am a babbling idiot today?

I'll answer your question with a question. Why does a donkey kick?

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Several reasons acctually. What keeps the rain from falling down?

I can not find that song for the love of google

pclamb
March 24th, 2009, 05:25 AM
O.K. Let's not be calling Will names here...I am sure there is a point to all this. Will usually has one. Just the two words together here...tit & Will...makes me warm and cozy...fantasy abounds...i'm dizzy from desire...crap.

pclamb
March 24th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Ha!

djura
March 24th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Holly shit, you're so fucking annoying!

@Loki - Milan Kundera was actually a pretty good writer, a lot more to the point than our (gay wannabe) "friend"

@Yiuel - letter you're refereeing to "š", equivalent to German "sch". Learn how to spell fucking Polish before impressing everyone with posting something, otherwise completely useless, I-know-it-all reply.

Tsar Phalanxia
March 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
@ Original Post

ECONOMICS FAIL

Yiuel
March 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
@Yiuel - letter you're refereeing to "š", equivalent to German "sch".

I will have to request that you check your sources, before insulting me :

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfabet_polski : The Polish alphabet explained in Polish by, hopefully, people knowing Polish. And they write about "ś", not "š", and you even have a cute image showing it on the right side.

If you are not convinced, google it, as a nice member of the Church of Google.

(As for "š", it is used in a wide variety of languages, including Czech and other Slavic languages. But not in Polish, as demonstrated in the link I have provided.)

If this isn't enough, Polish orthography explained on this very site, by a Polish member :

ą is on/om
c = ts (our c is represented with either ts or k in imported words e.g. certyfikat)
ę is en/em
i = ee
j = y
ł is w
w = v
y = i

no q, v or x except in imported foreign words

ć = soft ch
cz = hard ch
ń = ni
ó is oo
ś is soft sh
sz is hard sh

then there's ż and ź

it takes a while to get used to ;)

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
The twittering must stop... AHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs away flailing arms*

Loki
March 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
@Loki - Milan Kundera was actually a pretty good writer, a lot more to the point than our (gay wannabe) "friend"

True djura :D.
I could never warm to Kundera - maybe it was the old "lost in translation" thing but Kundera, Rushdie et al seem to share a few literary traits...

...several hundred pages of rambling ego-stroking bullshit with no apparent end-point.
I think "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" is the only book I've ever given up on.

EDIT:

Can I make the Serious Discussion point again? (not @ you djura)Thread drift is inevitable but please keep the bullshit to IFU and General - Ta.

djura
March 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Yiule, sorry mate, I was utterly convinced Serbia and Poland share the same latin character set. My bad.
Loki, that's one of mine favorite books... I suppose the translation sucked, happens a lot.

pclamb
March 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
u can read?

Daruko
March 26th, 2009, 05:07 AM
u can read?
unfunny troll is not funny
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l14/el_boxer/Fagotory_End_Vader.jpg

rzm61
March 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
:icon_lol:

Tsar Phalanxia