View Full Version : Seriously Speaking

pclamb
March 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Alpha and Omega are the first and the last letters of the Greek alphabet; it is used to refer to God the Father in Rv 1:8 and 21:6 and to Jesus God the Son in Rv 22:13. This would typically refer to a start and a finish in the koine Greek, however, this same inference can be thought of as the beginner and finisher of all things. This being said, does God begin bad things and finish them? If so, for what reason will/must He do this. In scripture, especially in Isaiah, God allows sin to flourish in order to bring back a people to Him...those who have wandered away. Israel wandered and God allowed the Jews to be dispearsed to a foriegn nation. This being the case, God is NOT the author of confusion, but His sincere desire to bring His people back. So then, Alpha and Omega God begins and ends a task that is satisfactory to a nation in the end and brings them home to reality.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Where are we being brought back to?

-------------

Did you know the original script of the bible was lost and that the scribes have changed it for there own liking for years, so even if it was the word of god it has been so diluted that it no longer resembles its original self. For instance the story of Jesus forgiving the adulterer was never in the bible and was a recent adaption.

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Al Farabi
March 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM

-------------

Did you know the original script of the bible was lost and that the scribes have changed it for there own liking for years, so even if it was the word of god it has been so diluted that it no longer resembles its original self. For instance the story of Jesus forgiving the adulterer was never in the bible and was a recent adaption.

True! And the often quoted "I am that I am" is actually better translated as "I will be that I will be." The bible is so unbelievably far now from the original that it can hardly be said to be the same book. Centuries of compounding edits and translational liberty-taking have made it what it is today.

tagnostic
March 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM
True! And the often quoted "I am that I am" is actually better translated as "I will be that I will be."

i was unaware of that
makes it much more
Descartisian and palatable

(still doesnt prove his existance though :D)

pclamb
March 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM

-------------

Well, our nation certainly has wandered away from morality as described in the Holy Scriptures [answer to your first question]. The seconf is more complicated, the original Greek of theNew testament has remained un-altered. It was maintained by different families and older texts uncovered that relate to the Old testament are virtually unchanged except for few gramatical errors that will not commensurate with the English language. Many of these O.T. texts were found of course in the Dead Sea Scrolls. The largest of the scrolls, Isaiah was nearly intact and virtuall the same as new translations of the same [Hebrew] and then English. God has maintained His Word. I would agree that there have been perversions to the translations, but those translations speak for themselves and are easily seen by the well trained eye and the heart of the believer. It is interesting to note that the Quran has very few Old Testament discrepancies when compared to the Jewish/Christian texts, and the N.T. are agreeable as well.

pclamb
March 29th, 2009, 07:21 PM
i was unaware of that
makes it much more
Descartisian and palatable

(still doesnt prove his existance though :D)

What is good for us may not set well with us...

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 29th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Interesting to know. Yes our country has moved from the morality of many things, but remains the one of the most religious countrys out there. The question lies in how is religion growing in this country why morality fails?

tagnostic
March 29th, 2009, 07:58 PM
edit point and question

at any given time
what is the ratio of
"religon" to "morality"

i wonder how you would measure that?
crime rate vs wife beating?

dunno

rmw
March 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Lamb Chop: religion =/= morality.

tagnostic
March 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM
concur rmw
but now the next question

how did morals
become religons?

morals I understand as a social survival instinct
religons are for population control
how did the two become
entwined?
and
how can you
seperate the tangled
web of religon from true
morality after all this indoctrination?

just asking

sudikics
March 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Pclamb, are you seriously trying to argue the details of an obscure Bible passage on a website which accepts the Bible as historical fiction at best and as utter bullshit at worst?

rmw
March 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I think organized religion (d)evolved as a way to codify morality. But instead of saying "if you kill someone, we will imprison you/execute you/etc." they say "if you kill someone, you will suffer damnation/come back as a slug in your next life/etc."

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:05 AM
nothin...just a comment

-------------

Pclamb, are you seriously trying to argue the details of an obscure Bible passage on a website which accepts the Bible as historical fiction at best and as utter bullshit at worst?

thought this was an open forum?

Well I didnt bash your religion did I?

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:08 AM
thought this was an open forum?

we tolerate your crap
i'd call that open

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:10 AM
concur rmw

how did morals
become religons?

how did the two become
entwined?
and
how can you
seperate the tangled
web of religon from true
just asking

it is interesting to note that 'good' people do not inherit the kingdom of God...

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
we tolerate your crap
i'd call that open
I have not been tolerated; but I have been threatened...perhaps your god should know that...

sudikics
March 30th, 2009, 03:16 AM
pclamb: It is an open forum, and I'm not questioning your ability to post this thread. I'm questioning your motives. Seriously: why did you think we'd just temporarily assume that the bible is 100% accurate if for some other reason besides further proving the Bible's lunacy?

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I have not been tolerated; but I have been threatened...perhaps your god should know that...

you haven't been threatened
I don't have a god
and you started the
ad hominem attacks
oh, and your the one
whining
all you have to do is
logoff, and stay off
punk

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:22 AM
pclamb: It is an open forum, and I'm not questioning your ability to post this thread. I'm questioning your motives. Seriously: why did you think we'd just temporarily assume that the bible is 100% accurate if for some other reason besides further proving the Bible's lunacy?
You see...you come off at the beginning with a possible good debate...then you throw in the word lunacy when I have never tried to proseletyze anybody here...I just like a good debate...

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:25 AM
you haven't been threatened
I don't have a god
and you started the
ad hominem attacks
oh, and your the one
whining
all you have to do is
logoff, and stay off
punk
threatening to go to someones place of employment is a threat...or can u not understand?

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:25 AM
your not looking for debate
your a whiney troll
who came in
looking
for trouble
and is crying now
that he found it, bummer
punk

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:34 AM
your not looking for debate
your a whiney troll
who came in
looking
for trouble
and is crying now
that he found it, bummer
punk

I'm not whining...just laughingly observing total ignorance

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:35 AM
your mistaking
observation
with
contribution

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:40 AM
your mistaking
observation
with
contribution

Would it be better for all of u if i left this forum?

tagnostic
March 30th, 2009, 03:46 AM
wow,
your
quick

pclamb
March 30th, 2009, 03:48 AM
wow,
your
quick

i tried...click...

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM
it is interesting to note that 'good' people do not inherit the kingdom of God...

They do if they do not rub it in others face and make it seem that they are better then others like some do. Why is it that I have a christen friend who is a man whore and has committed more sins then I looked higher upon then me who has only committed blasphemy? Even better why when I never oppose my beliefs on others until they do onto me and I debate back am I somehow the bad guy?

concur rmw

how did morals
become religons?

how did the two become
entwined?
and
how can you
seperate the tangled
web of religon from true

just asking

Morals are actually a thing that a person finds for him self ethics are the morals of a society.

Daruko
March 30th, 2009, 05:53 AM
threatening to go to someones place of employment is a threat...or can u not understand?
I wasn't threatening.
I was planning.
Thanks btw. Yuo really made my week.
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tsar Phalanxia
March 30th, 2009, 09:06 AM
You see...you come off at the beginning with a possible good debate...then you throw in the word lunacy when I have never tried to proseletyze anybody here...I just like a good debate...
S-s-s-s-strawman!
I'm not whining...just laughingly observing total ignorance
:icon_rolleyes:
Would it be better for all of us if i left this forum?
Fix'd.
I wasn't threatening.
I was planning.
Thanks btw. Yuo really made my week.
Win was had.

djura
March 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
S-s-s-s-strawman!

THIS

winwun
March 30th, 2009, 12:34 PM
"Observing total ignorance", are we, PC ? ?

How's that new mirror working out for you ?

sudikics
March 31st, 2009, 02:41 AM
S-s-s-s-strawman!
THIS
I second the motion.