View Full Version : Problem with Proof #1

Al Farabi
April 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM
PROOF #1

Google is the closest thing to an Omniscient (all-knowing) entity in existence, which can be scientifically verified.

There is a rather serious flaw in this proof that I just now spotted: the second half (after the comma). Yes, it can be argued that Google is the closest to an Omnicient entity that we know of, but it is still eminently possible that it is not the largest information bank in the universe. In what way is it scientifically verifiable?

sudikics
April 12th, 2009, 11:47 PM
There is a rather serious flaw in this proof that I just now spotted: the second half (after the comma). Yes, it can be argued that Google is the closest to an Omnicient entity that we know of, but it is still eminently possible that it is not the largest information bank in the universe. In what way is it scientifically verifiable?
The proofs were put up on the main site by a former member from Russia. As long as she replaces her 's with `s, I think it's within reason to assume that the comma is not intentional.

tagnostic
April 12th, 2009, 11:49 PM
it could be changed to
'which has been verified'
just for clarity

Al Farabi
April 12th, 2009, 11:54 PM
The proofs were put up on the main site by a former member from Russia. As long as she replaces her 's with `s, I think it's within reason to assume that the comma is not intentional.

Issue solved.

Someone should change it. The logical base for the CoG should be as firm as possible or the message itself is undermined.

sudikics
April 12th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Glad I could help. And good luck getting a change on the main page in. :P

DrM
April 13th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I am detecting a problem with changing the main page please tell me more...

tagnostic
April 13th, 2009, 04:26 AM
It has to want
to be changed

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 13th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Only one man has access and that one man is out partying and doing other stuff in Canada.

tagnostic
April 13th, 2009, 04:29 AM
wasn't he on 4/1 ?

he posted something
about a press kit
they wouldn't let him

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 13th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Yup thats the guy!

tagnostic
April 13th, 2009, 04:41 AM
maybe just leave a sticky
in the ministers lounge

Fallen Hero
April 14th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Only one man has access and that one man is out partying and doing other stuff in Canada.
I have seen visual proof of this. *nods*

/person = not me.

sudikics
April 15th, 2009, 01:55 AM
*looks at title*

Has anyone else noticed strong personality similarities between Matt MacPherson and Zaphod Beeblebrox?

tagnostic
April 15th, 2009, 02:24 AM
rofl
step away from the improbability drive

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 15th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Yea now that you think about it. Who am I?

DrM
April 17th, 2009, 04:57 AM
You are the whale, who falls out of the sky, or a towel.