View Full Version : Teabagging Parties

Aaryk
April 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
So, I wanted to post this in the Serious Discussion forums, 'cause I think this could easily spark some serious debate, but the content of my link led me to believe that might not be the best place.

Anyway, many of you may be aware of the Teabagging Parties the right is planning for tonight as a protest of Obama's new tax plan. I'm all for the changes, but they're not and I respect that. What I don't respect is trying to call back to the famous Boston Tea Party's protest of "taxation without representation," when these folks are clearly represented.

With full support for the innuendo here, I happily present an actual MSNBC report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-OWDjOQfI

woody23
April 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I found it absolutely entertaining. I thought it was The Daily Show for a minute, then I realized it went over national T.V. and was impressed. He held a straight face pretty well.

followerOfGoogle
April 16th, 2009, 01:18 AM
lol
"thats teabagging in a nutshell" roflmfao
then of course
"and house majority leader Dick Armey"
of course.
"these 'teabaggers'"
hahahahahahahahahaha

terrorX
April 16th, 2009, 03:21 AM
So, I wanted to post this in the Serious Discussion forums, 'cause I think this could easily spark some serious debate, but the content of my link led me to believe that might not be the best place.

Anyway, many of you may be aware of the Teabagging Parties the right is planning for tonight as a protest of Obama's new tax plan. I'm all for the changes, but they're not and I respect that. What I don't respect is trying to call back to the famous Boston Tea Party's protest of "taxation without representation," when these folks are clearly represented.

With full support for the innuendo here, I happily present an actual MSNBC report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-OWDjOQfI
i LOVE TO TEABAG...

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Not too sure if anyone has posted a thread about the whole 'tea bag' shit that's been going on. However I just found this link and I started having a little fun with the comments.

www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/04/kook-actress-garofalo-tea-parties-were.html

Aaryk
April 17th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I posted this one:
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6860

And the video in there is definitely worth watching. I'm in love with the innuendo the media is actually running with here. On CNN, the following conversation took place on Anderson Cooper 360:

Gergen: “Republicans have got a way — they still haven’t found their voice, Anderson. They’re still — this happens to a minority party after it’s lost a couple of bad elections, but they’re searching for their voice.”

Cooper: “It’s hard to talk when you’re tea-bagging.”

Wow. Fabulous.

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Right on. Let me merge the threads.

Edit:
Merge successful. The redirect will expire in one hour.

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Oh no, not rzm doing work, run!

woody23
April 17th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I'm glad rzm took some part in the teabagging.

rmw
April 17th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I'm glad rzm took some part in the teabagging.

He's willing to do it for the masses. :icon_razz:

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I'm telling you guys, go to that blog.

http://www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/04/kook-actress-garofalo-tea-parties-were.html

the comments are too rich.

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Since you broke the link as an edit the site link does not come in.

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM
ah...okay. lemme fix that.

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM
You could have just done this
hxxp://www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/04/kook-actress-garofalo-tea-parties-were.html

Oh and she is right.

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM
WHATEVER!

And Goofy, you better not post a comment saying that! They will jump on you like flys on shit! :icon_lol:

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Acctually it is not about hating a black man it is about no understanding anything and making a huge deal outta nothing. Did anyone else watch the daily show last night? They were asking the protesters if they thought this was worse then what the british did to us, and they said it was.

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Cause they're fucking idiots. Not understanding what they are protesting or even how they're protesting it. I'm not saying I'm an expert but I'm positive the Boston Tea Party was due to taxation without representation. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm certain that these taxes have representation...yet these cats are protesting it. :facepalm:

woody23
April 17th, 2009, 06:52 PM
That's my biggest complaint. You should have seen the hatemail I got on my facebook when I posted my bitch about the tea parties. Same when I posted my bit on supporting same-sex marriage. I was amazed at how many of my friends are bigots.

Dr Goofy Mofo
They are protesting where there taxes are going and that people who make more money then they do are going to be taxed more and that is just wrong. Tea party was much bigger point it was also againest oppression and several things that the government is not doing.

rzm61
That's my biggest complaint. You should have seen the hatemail I got on my facebook when I posted my bitch about the tea parties. Same when I posted my bit on supporting same-sex marriage. I was amazed at how many of my friends are bigots.

Sad isn't it?

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
most of my friends are liberal scum like me!

Aaryk
April 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Shit, I can even support the fact that they're protesting. They completely have the right to their opinions--I do wish they'd research a little more to understand that they're protesting taxes on the rich and reduced taxes on them, the middle class.

My problem is with the assertion that the tax being levied by the current government is actually worse than a tax levied by the British on poor colonists without allowing them any representation.

Wow.

rzm61
April 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
They are protesting where there taxes are going and that people who make more money then they do are going to be taxed more and that is just wrong. Tea party was much bigger point it was also againest oppression and several things that the government is not doing.

Yeah, well you know the people should be taking some of the blame as well. After all they are the ones who voted this government in.

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Oh no the people have nothing to do with it, it was the devil! He is the anti-christ and fooled many people into believeing he was the savior.

woody23
April 17th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Oh no the people have nothing to do with it, it was the devil! He is the anti-christ and fooled many people into believeing he was the savior.

I hope I detected sarcasm...

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
No, a guy named Goofy sarcastic? Never!!!!!!

woody23
April 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM
No, a guy named Goofy sarcastic? Never!!!!!!

Will you marry me? We'll have to fly to Vermont, but that's okay.

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I live in Iowa you can just come to me lol!

woody23
April 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Puns intended I hope.

*flies away*

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
always

Tsar Phalanxia
April 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Shit, I can even support the fact that they're protesting. They completely have the right to their opinions--I do wish they'd research a little more to understand that they're protesting taxes on the rich and reduced taxes on them, the middle class.

My problem is with the assertion that the tax being levied by the current government is actually worse than a tax levied by the British on poor colonists without allowing them any representation.

Wow.
Exactly. Besides the fact that we did give you representation; it just arrived too late, considering it takes 2 months for news to travel across the Atlantic.
They lost an election. Big woop. This is payback for 2000.
I'm telling you guys, go to that blog.

http://www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/04/kook-actress-garofalo-tea-parties-were.html

the comments are too rich.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Amazing! The best one was the guy who claimed that because Obama is increasing taxes on ciggies and booze, that makes him a Muslim. Despite the fact that there's nothing wrong with a Muslim President, the main contradiction is that a real Muslim would outlaw them entirely!

sudikics
April 18th, 2009, 01:07 PM
One thing I've never understood: why is it the same people who call Obama a Muslim are the same people who chide him for the actions of his [b]priest[/i], REVEREND Jeremiah Wright? You can't have it both ways.

-----

Anyway, I left a comment. Good job rzm.

Tsar Phalanxia
April 18th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Me too.