View Full Version : Anti-Obama?

woody23
April 21st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Okay, first I have to say, that when I grow up I'm going to marry Obama.

That being said...

My friend(and I use the term loosely) posted on her facebook that she saw the 'best' anti-Obama bumper stick. Apparently it said, "I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money and you can keep your 'change'" like it's supposed to be witty.

Now, please don't take this the wrong way. I support her right to not liking him. She can hate him and hope he fails like Rush if she wants. I'm okay with this. What I can not stand are the lies.

First of all, Obama doesn't want to take away our guns

"I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely appropriate for the state to monitor it." - Obama

Secondly, his takes 'hike' is not even applying to 95% of Americans AND even at that, the hike will still put rates lower than they were under Reagan.

Thirdly, rights? What rights? I don't think I've ever heard Obama say anything remotely referring to "I think we need to limit the rights of the American citizen."

I tried to spark up a conversation with her to discuss her concerns and she said, "It's already happening in small subtle ways. What's up with shaking hands with a communist dictator? Hmm?"

You know, If I went to my neighbors house who had blown up my fence in order to talk peace, I would shake his hand out of politeness and good manner. My Gods.

/end vent.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Aaryk
April 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM

That being said...

My friend(and I use the term loosely) posted on her facebook that she saw the 'best' anti-Obama bumper stick. Apparently it said, "I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money and you can keep your 'change'" like it's supposed to be witty.

Now, please don't take this the wrong way. I support her right to not liking him. She can hate him and hope he fails like Rush if she wants. I'm okay with this. What I can not stand are the lies.

"I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely appropriate for the state to monitor it." - Obama

Secondly, his takes 'hike' is not even applying to 95% of Americans AND even at that, the hike will still put rates lower than they were under Reagan.

Thirdly, rights? What rights? I don't think I've ever heard Obama say anything remotely referring to "I think we need to limit the rights of the American citizen."

I tried to spark up a conversation with her to discuss her concerns and she said, "It's already happening in small subtle ways. What's up with shaking hands with a communist dictator? Hmm?"

You know, If I went to my neighbors house who had blown up my fence in order to talk peace, I would shake his hand out of politeness and good manner. My Gods.

/end vent.

Y'know, there are a million things I planned to say about this: Something about McCarthyism being alive and well; Something about jealousy that our liberal president is a better, more ethical person than the "moral majority's" sad excuse for a human being; Something about anger that we had so many legitimate complaints to bat about regarding the last eight years that they're trying to make up for it within the first 150 days...

...so many things I want to say when the truth is that I'm now just so disillusioned with America. For a few months, I was completely reinvigorated--I lived in a nation that wanted to change and wanted to grow. Now, I just don't know. I couldn't be any more broken-hearted that people are upset with the fact that the man who represents us as a country shook hands.

Shit, when I played soccer when I was eight, I was told it's always good sportsmanship to shake the hand of every man on the other team whether you win or lose. Eight! Yet the adults of this country really have to play the game where they publicly (on every news site I've visited) have something bad to say about extending a friendly hand to a nation--no, neighbor that should actually be an ally?

Ugh.

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Tell your friend she is silly

Daruko
April 22nd, 2009, 12:46 AM
Tell your friend she is silly
Haha. TITCM.

terrorX
April 22nd, 2009, 03:46 AM

That being said...

/end vent.

I prefer a monarchy...the only guy who gets pissed is the cupbearer...

Tsar Phalanxia
April 22nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
The best bit is that the white millitias who are prancing around now defending your "rights", and freedom from government, did absoloutely nothing during the eight years between 2001-2009 in which the Federal Government expanded the most it ever has during eight years. Clearly, people who use arguments like that, rather than being economists or actually interested in protecting your Constitution (Hurr Durr, Waterboarding) actually react when they consider their middle aged, middle class, white conservative culture threatened i.e. when they lose an election. They're as bad as the Thais, who don't seem to understand that an integral part of democracy is that you lose elections sometimes.

djura
April 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
well, as an outsider, this is what I see...
- no NHS
- no progressive taxation
- no troops ware pulled out of Iraq
- no national hybrid power cars program, to help reduce oil dependency

those, except for the first one, ware 6 month promises. And I don't see that anything has actually changed compared to previous president. So, if anything, it is the lack of change that should make people angry.

Tsar Phalanxia
April 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
1. He didin't promise a Socialized healthcare system (Unfortunately), just healthcare freform, which he is pushing through.

2. There is no way we will ever see progressive taxation, again unfortunately, in America :(

3. Combat troops, and I think they are slowly being pulled out "Advisers" will remain there for years

4. With oil prices low, who cares? >.>

sam the moderately wize
April 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
You have to remember that the entire american civil service is reshuffled when the party switches over, and he hasn't even been in office 100 days yet. It's a miracle that he's managed anything at all.

Also,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/green/chi-obama-climate_dcapr18,0,7656666.story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/17/raul-castro-barack-obama-cuba-america

He seems to be doing OK to me

Clark Nova
April 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
so whats changed.
is the cubic unit of hope up?

terrorX
April 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM

That being said...

/end vent.

Rights are never taken away, they are gradually diminished. When You understand where someone is coming from and where they have been, then you can understand where that someone wants to take you...I would rather trust myself to the whims of a good and decent monarch than that of Obama. You see, the younger the generation, the more apt they are to usher in 'cradle to grave' politics...who wants that if you want to remain free? I dont want the same healthcare as those who will not pay for it, I dont want the same wages as those who will not work or do not have the aptitude to do better, I do not want to be looked at as a gun-toting militant just because militants have guns [and always will]. I prefer not to be governed by oppression...and its comming...to bad none of the younger generation will never know freedom...

pclamb
April 23rd, 2009, 04:12 AM
The best bit is that the white millitias who are prancing around now defending your "rights", and freedom from government, did absoloutely nothing during the eight years between 2001-2009 in which the Federal Government expanded the most it ever has during eight years. Clearly, people who use arguments like that, rather than being economists or actually interested in protecting your Constitution (Hurr Durr, Waterboarding) actually react when they consider their middle aged, middle class, white conservative culture threatened i.e. when they lose an election. They're as bad as the Thais, who don't seem to understand that an integral part of democracy is that you lose elections sometimes.

the militias are shit...its a bunch of old guys who fart and shit their pants looking for rag head terrorist in bum-fuck backwoods bumpking shit holes like Mississippi