View Full Version : Swine Flu

L.K.googleist237
May 8th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Why does everyone have to make such a big deal about Swine flu. The flu is worse then it. Does it matter if u get it, people should be more worried about cancer, smoking, and alcoholism, not Swine flu. It is not like Swine flu is going to kill millions.::barf:

L.K.googleist237
May 8th, 2009, 01:06 AM
i totally agree!!:D

Dayve
May 8th, 2009, 01:50 AM
When the government do things that outrage the public, they need something that they can... you know, exaggerate, make the stupid masses believe something catastrophic is going to happen, and that they are the only ones who can save us. Then when it all passes, nobody even remembers what they were outraged about before this new crisis came along, they just feel relieved that the government has saved them, and so they can't be all that bad.

I mean look, the first day swine flu was mentioned on the news, all we heard 24/7 on the news was "Pandemic, pandemic, pandemic, government is taking steps to PREVENT PANDEMIC!!!". I said right there that it was nothing, the government was going to play it like a harp to the public, and in a week it won't even be mentioned anymore.

I was right... First week, all we heard was pandemic, pandemic, government is preventing pandemic that will kill MILLIONS!!! Now, a week later, it's gone. "Scientists" are saying that it's "Not as bad as we thought it was".

And the sheep all let out a sigh of relief, and forget the men in suits that run their country ever did anything bad, ever.

rmw
May 8th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Rimmer, I think it's about 35,000 deaths in the US, give or take.

I think the concern was it would turn into a pandemic akin to the Spanish Flu, which killed around 70 million-100 million people.

Dayve
May 8th, 2009, 02:01 AM
The intention was shameless scaremongering and nothing more. The contents of my wallet and bank account equal 0.34$, but all added together my worldly possessions probably add up to about 5 grand or so.

Not much, but i'll bet the lot. It'll blow over and fade away like it was never even there.

sudikics
May 8th, 2009, 02:03 AM
The main difference is explained by thunderf00t here.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W57pnVhEhjU)
If you're too lazy to click that link:

Pandemic flu (like H1N1) spreads differently than normal seasonal flu. Most people have natural immunity to seasonal flu to some degree, and so the spread of seasonal flu is roughly linear. Still, after many motnhs, the death toll is around 20000.

Everyone, on the other hand, is vulnerable to pandemic flu. You can infect everyone you contact, so the spread of pandemic flu is exponential instead of linear.

Around the world, governments cracked down and isolated the exponential pandemic flu before it spread. Had they not, then the death toll today could be far, far higher than anything seasonal.

DrM
May 8th, 2009, 05:32 AM
As well as the exponential growth thing. There is also a much larger chance that this thing will mutate into something far less "mild". If it is not kept in check, that chance only increases. This is in contrast to the flu which rarely mutates (due to its linear nature) and when mutations do occur, they can be easily tracked and maintained. That is why there is an urgency to contain and regulate this thing. If we let it get out of hand the scenario will be akin to the spanish flu (as rmw so graciously pointed out).

That does not mean that any of the broadcasting-diarrhea the news spews out every day is warranted. The government and the WHO (world health organization not the band) are already containing and monitoring its every move. Americans should especially be unafraid because America has huge stockpiles of Tamaflu stored in preparation of the next flu season. This drug thankfully also works equally well on swine flue. That is why the only deaths in America so far from swine flu are from Mexicans who visited here and died on US soil... The medias fear mongering hurts the economy (people are afraid of tourism, less vacations and border trade= less revenue) and causes mass hysteria. Keep in mind the media is only trying to make money, they know that fear sells. They know that people will watch this, and with 24-hour news on every station, they need to fill it up with something.

In other words, DONT PANIC.

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Third world countries where health care isn't an option, flu flu kills people by the thousands, if there are any advanced killer flus out there, the risks for those cheap labor worlds would be threatened therefor abolishing the economic standpoint of most mass producers. Therefore the less third world countries the harder it is to make money.

Dude111
July 20th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Here is a video that aired ONE TIME about 1976 swine flu and it didnt ever air again!! (not surprising)

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9mh9f_swine-flu-1976-propaganda_webcam

I just finished watching the vid -- QUITE SAD....... I hope that poor woman DOES NOT GIVE UP AND ENDS UP EXTRACTING THE 12 MILLION!!

DrM
July 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM
My best friend just got Swine Flu. He recovered in about 2 weeks.
Its got nothin on us.

Will.
July 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Well considering it is just a form of natural influenza the only scare of Swine flu is its mutagenous rate. It mutates once every three months, now here in
Canada, in the 70's we already had piggilywiggili flu, and then we decided "Fuck you all we' aint going though that bull again." So we stockpiled the killa, Omoxacillin.

rmw
July 26th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Well considering it is just a form of natural influenza the only scare of Swine flu is its mutagenous rate. It mutates once every three months, now here in
Canada, in the 70's we already had piggilywiggili flu, and then we decided "Fuck you all we' aint going though that bull again." So we stockpiled the killa, Omoxacillin.

Amoxacillin is an anti-biotic, meaning it kills bacteria and not viruses, which in turn means it will have no affect against the swine flu.

tagnostic
July 26th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Amoxacillin is an anti-biotic, meaning it kills bacteria and not viruses, which in turn means it will have no affect against the swine flu.
meaning
men arrrh pigs
is Viral?

Will.
July 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM

Ahah but do you know how this mild form of influenza kills? The strength of the victim is its only weakness... The coughing fits and wear an tear of the body burns the muscles out, as the body revitalizes these muscles bacteriodes enter the body. almost like aids but not as incurable, you basically rip your muscles till your body can't keep watching everything then shit falls apart.

There is know anti-swine flu pill, there is preventative and quickfixing, you just gotta stay vigilant and tough it out.

tagnostic
July 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
black belt
in
swine fu

cell smash technique

Sam Hunter
July 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
dude i agree with you completely, every year in england we have a "fad" illness a few years back it was foot and mouth disease, last year it was bird flu, now it's swine flu. fact of the matter is it's a media hype up, soon enough it'll all be forgotten about and no one will worry about it anymore.

huntedbyninjas
August 30th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Well something that hasnt been pointed out is the swine flu has two different strands. the one where the government has a shot, and the other where they dont. last i heard, this strand is the one where we can get a shot for it. ((if i remember that correctly..either that or the thing was talking about a different flu virus. i'll have to double check that..))

And also, just because people can recover from this virus doesnt mean all people can. I think it really depends on the person, genes, and other factors that make the person resist or fall from it.

My worry is that most people wont take it seriously enough and end up getting killed because of it.

UPDATE!: i just looked it up and theres actually a few different types. The one we're dealing with is H1N1, which we do have a vaccine for. There is also H1N2, H3N1, H3N2, and H2N3...which we do not have vaccines for. Although i hold this information very lightly..its coming from wikipedia.

sailor
August 30th, 2009, 04:37 AM
i dunno why, but i think its a ruse for legally hiding the aids research vaccine team. so the religious right wont complain....work away little scientist type persons.

Dude111
September 4th, 2009, 10:48 PM
> www.theflucase.com

# Austrian police chief investigating Baxter forced to resign
# Pfizer pleads guilty to felony crime and fraudulent marketing, has to pay 2.3 billion in fines
# WHO Admits to Releasing Pandemic Virus into Population via 'Mock-Up' Vaccines
# Criminal charges to be filed against French Minister of Health and Interior of secret mass vaccination document
# EMERGENCY UPDATE: Maine under martial law: Governor proclaims civil emergency over "swine flu" pandemic. WHO and Rockefeller takes charge
# CDC H1N1 forced qurantine docs leak
# Taxpayers fund bumper pharma "swine flu" profits
# Is Baxter preparing to put nano chips into the "swine flu" jab?
# French doctor calls for resistance to the "Beast" of forced "swine flu" vaccinations
# Novartis produces one-shot toxic "swine flu" jab
# Immunocontraceptive hidden in the flu vaccine
# Quebec moves under military rule of WHO
# European medicines agency admits "swine flu" vaccination is a huge biological experiment

Will.
September 5th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Well something that hasnt been pointed out is the swine flu has two different strands. the one where the government has a shot, and the other where they dont. last i heard, this strand is the one where we can get a shot for it. ((if i remember that correctly..either that or the thing was talking about a different flu virus. i'll have to double check that..))

And also, just because people can recover from this virus doesnt mean all people can. I think it really depends on the person, genes, and other factors that make the person resist or fall from it.

My worry is that most people wont take it seriously enough and end up getting killed because of it.

UPDATE!: i just looked it up and theres actually a few different types. The one we're dealing with is H1N1, which we do have a vaccine for. There is also H1N2, H3N1, H3N2, and H2N3...which we do not have vaccines for. Although i hold this information very lightly..its coming from wikipedia.

FLU KILLS THE POOR. It always has, without treatment the influenza virus, H1N, has been dangerous. To the underfed and weak. There is no cure for it only preventative treatment and who said anything about a shot? Live healthy, eat lots of liver, asparagus, spinach, and you will be fine.

Garlic = Good,
Onion = bad.

Remember that.

tagnostic
September 5th, 2009, 08:49 AM
alcohol
kills germs
pro active
pre emptive
scotch
supporting the fundemic

rmw
September 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
> www.theflucase.com

# Austrian police chief investigating Baxter forced to resign
# Pfizer pleads guilty to felony crime and fraudulent marketing, has to pay 2.3 billion in fines
# WHO Admits to Releasing Pandemic Virus into Population via 'Mock-Up' Vaccines
# Criminal charges to be filed against French Minister of Health and Interior of secret mass vaccination document
# EMERGENCY UPDATE: Maine under martial law: Governor proclaims civil emergency over "swine flu" pandemic. WHO and Rockefeller takes charge
# CDC H1N1 forced qurantine docs leak
# Taxpayers fund bumper pharma "swine flu" profits
# Is Baxter preparing to put nano chips into the "swine flu" jab?
# French doctor calls for resistance to the "Beast" of forced "swine flu" vaccinations
# Novartis produces one-shot toxic "swine flu" jab
# Immunocontraceptive hidden in the flu vaccine
# Quebec moves under military rule of WHO
# European medicines agency admits "swine flu" vaccination is a huge biological experiment

I love the smell of half-baked conspiracy theories in the morning. It smells like...sheer idiocy.

huntedbyninjas
September 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I kind of had the feeling thoes where really ..extreme.

tagnostic
September 6th, 2009, 05:57 AM
make it believable,
aliens did it

rmw
September 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
make it believable,
aliens did it

Don't blame the aliens for Oprah's wrong-doing!

Will.
September 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I havn't seen Tsarcasm around.... Erm... Tsar. I will berate his page until his timely return.

tagnostic
September 7th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Tsar has been mia, ????
he usually posts if he's
going to be offline for more
than a couple of days...

rzm is currently off too
due to his lappie being mia
he comes over regularly
but is usually too
pre occupied to use mine
for a log on

one other mia
Al Farabi
anyone know how
to contact him?

rmw
September 7th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I sent Tsar an email through the CoG--we'll see if he gets it.

Sent a pm to Al--it might show up in his email inbox.

BTW, sciky seems to have gone AWOL too. Anybody heard from the boy genius?

sailor
September 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Tsar has been mia, ????
he usually posts if he's
going to be offline for more
than a couple of days...

rzm is currently off too
due to his lappie being mia
he comes over regularly
but is usually too
pre occupied to use mine
for a log on

one other mia
Al Farabi
anyone know how
to contact him?

i saw on myspace about the lost/stolen laptop.

1) insurance for renters or the computer itself for next time this happens.
2) police report, in case they find it on another theft/arrest.
3) i think as with cells, you can get one that has a warranty/replacement policy, maybe, but it would depend on the store... something to ponder. i got this for my G1, in case it gets stolen/lost.
4) some stuff is covered under parents insurance or if you say it was inside of a car, or other bluff. my ex's music equipment was stolen from a car, and he got money from his parent's insurance coverage on their house. ?? (student, maybe)

otherwise....ew, bummer, man. sorry to hear about that. try a locked computer bag, or get deadbolts and security light or other fence/gate in case the thieves got inside the apt. that way. at least complain to the landlord, so s/he'll fix you up (and pay for it) to prevent a theft in the future.

5) hit man....hire a private dick?

tagnostic
September 8th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I sent Tsar an email through the CoG--we'll see if he gets it.

Sent a pm to Al--it might show up in his email inbox.

BTW, sciky seems to have gone AWOL too. Anybody heard from the boy genius?

I've seen him lurking
a couple of times
but he's been
sticking to his
game threads

Will.
September 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
That addict. :icon_eek: :icon_razz:

kittehkaboodle
September 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM
i saw on myspace about the lost/stolen laptop.

1) insurance for renters or the computer itself for next time this happens.
2) police report, in case they find it on another theft/arrest.
3) i think as with cells, you can get one that has a warranty/replacement policy, maybe, but it would depend on the store... something to ponder. i got this for my G1, in case it gets stolen/lost.
4) some stuff is covered under parents insurance or if you say it was inside of a car, or other bluff. my ex's music equipment was stolen from a car, and he got money from his parent's insurance coverage on their house. ?? (student, maybe)

otherwise....ew, bummer, man. sorry to hear about that. try a locked computer bag, or get deadbolts and security light or other fence/gate in case the thieves got inside the apt. that way. at least complain to the landlord, so s/he'll fix you up (and pay for it) to prevent a theft in the future.

5) hit man....hire a private dick?

private citizen dick?

what the dick does is find stolen or lost property & beat the fuck outta anyone who went near it in the first place.

:icon_razz:

but, i digress... DID U FIND IT??