View Full Version : Anybody here watch Lost?

Dayve
May 8th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I've watched every episode as they've aired since the first, and over the last couple of weeks I've watched every episode back to back, in an attempt to better understand the whole series.

It didn't work. Does anybody know wtf is going on?

rzm61
May 8th, 2009, 11:07 PM
No, because it's a shitty show.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM
No, because it's a shitty show.

This

Watch the Wire/Futurama/Scrubs

rzm61
May 8th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Watch Futurama/Scrubs

This.

Dayve
May 9th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I watch all those too. I got pissed off with Lost half way through season 2, when i really started to lose the plot, but up until then i really enjoyed it.

Now, i just watch it because i don't like to leave anything unfinished. Damnit I've spent like 300 hours watching it, i think i deserve to know what the hell is going on, and eventually see how it ends.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 9th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I watched the 1st season then they fucked it up. Just like heroes was good for a while and they fucked it up. They keep coming up with this mystery everywhere it just ruins the show and is fucked up.

Paul Vii
May 9th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Lost is the most kick ass show on tv this year. if you don't get it, then it's you that just doesn't get it. myself and the rest of the Nielsen's do. your loss.

Dayve
May 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Well, it might help if there was some consistency in the storyline. Like if a new episode carried on the mystery from the last episode. Instead, a certain mystery crops up, then for 4 or 5 episodes there's no mention of it, then it crops up again but isn't answered, and then you never hear about it again.

Paul Vii
May 9th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Well, it might help if there was some consistency in the storyline. Like if a new episode carried on the mystery from the last episode. Instead, a certain mystery crops up, then for 4 or 5 episodes there's no mention of it, then it crops up again but isn't answered, and then you never hear about it again.

Almost like a good mystery novel huh?

Cain
May 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I watched the 1st season then they fucked it up. Just like heroes was good for a while and they fucked it up. They keep coming up with this mystery everywhere it just ruins the show and is fucked up.

Uh, they keep coming up with mystery because its a mystery show. Besides, apart from the fail for the first half of series three (before they knew for sure how many seasons they had left to wrap it all up), it has been good.

Also, if you follow the ARG ("The Lost Experience") and other little things, Lost makes a lot more sense. I believe the current plot revelation, which explains many of the weird things on the island, was hinted at two seasons ago, due to this. Not to mention all the little bits they throw in, like the Illuminatus and PKD references.

Heroes problems stem from the writers strike. They had to abort the series two plot, and decided to wrap it up in the worst way possible. From there on in it was a clusterfuck, since they'd essentially derailed the entire series. Killing Adam Munroe was probably the worst crime (a nod to Ozymandias in Watchmen AND Ras al'Ghul? Fricking awesome, if he had been allowed to live longer), but the insanely overpowered yet useless Daddy Petrelli, the aborted Sylar redemption arc and the giant Idiot Ball Peter is forced to carry everywhere didn't exactly help either. Since then, it has been one giant train wreck, and idiot plot after idiot plot. Volume 4 was better, but hardly brilliant. But in a way, Vol's 2&3 meant a certain amount of idiocy was locked into the setting now, so that was to be expected.

Daruko
May 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Heroes problems stem from the writers strike. They had to abort the series two plot, and decided to wrap it up in the worst way possible. From there on in it was a clusterfuck, since they'd essentially derailed the entire series. Killing Adam Munroe was probably the worst crime (a nod to Ozymandias in Watchmen AND Ras al'Ghul? Fricking awesome, if he had been allowed to live longer), but the insanely overpowered yet useless Daddy Petrelli, the aborted Sylar redemption arc and the giant Idiot Ball Peter is forced to carry everywhere didn't exactly help either. Since then, it has been one giant train wreck, and idiot plot after idiot plot. Volume 4 was better, but hardly brilliant. But in a way, Vol's 2&3 meant a certain amount of idiocy was locked into the setting now, so that was to be expected.
This is all entirely correct.

Paul Vii
May 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
This is all entirely correct.

the best part of all... not a person on earth gives a flying fuck about your opinion.

Daruko
May 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
the best part of all... not a person on earth gives a flying fuck about your opinion.
Except your mom.

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Except your mom.

Wow Daruko, your contributions to this board are obviously so much more valuable than the average PDer. More posts like this please.

fomenter
May 10th, 2009, 03:09 AM
we are trolls he is a VALUED AND CREATIVE CONTRIBUTOR..:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM
we are trolls he is a VALUED AND CREATIVE CONTRIBUTOR.
oh stop. you're making me blush.

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I watch all those too. I got pissed off with Lost half way through season 2, when i really started to lose the plot, but up until then i really enjoyed it.

What do you mean started to lose the plot? That shit's been lost since the beginning.

Dayve
May 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM
What do you mean started to lose the plot? That shit's been lost since the beginning.

I know there has been nothing consistent whatsoever from the start, but the mystery involved in the first two seasons was good enough to keep one watching.

In the first season it was fine, guys crashed on an island, island inhabited by others who aren't very friendly, strange, mysterious things happening that nobody can explain... the basis of a good mystery show.

Second season, they started piling more and more mystery on top of what was already there without explaining the things from the first season.

Third season, they revealed some of the mystery from the second season, but the vast majority was left unexplained.

After the third season, it really just went to shit. They completely dropped storylines from previous seasons and left them unfinished, all the while they kept on piling more plot twists on top of an already oversized tangled web of confusing plot twists, and i just don't know what the fuck is happening anymore.