View Full Version : my tsar hurts

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Because he was assasinated. Let's have a serious discussion about the historical significance of the assasination of Tsar Alexander II of Russia.

fomenter
May 10th, 2009, 03:13 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/Tsar_Alexander_II_-6.jpg/210px-Tsar_Alexander_II_-6.jpg

fomenter
May 10th, 2009, 03:16 AM
On 13 March, 1881, Alexander fell victim to an assassination plot.

Paul Vii
May 10th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I cried when I heard the news. Such a great Tsar he was. :(

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Poor guy. He seemed kind of okay too, as far as corrupt Russian tsars go.

Paul Vii
May 10th, 2009, 03:21 AM
This thread should be stickied to forever hold and honor the greatness that he was. Never should we forget.

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I mean, seriously. He was pretty liberal. Emancipated the serfs only to have them throw a bomb at him.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I mean, seriously. He was pretty liberal. Emancipated the serfs only to have them throw a bomb at him.

What the fuck was he expecting? :icon_lol:

Tsar Phalanxia
May 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
On 13 March, 1881, Alexander fell victim to an assassination plot.

Indeed. If he'd hated the people, then he wouldn't have got out of his bomb proof carriage to help the victims of the original blast, and thus would have survived the second bomb, not to mention the third bomb which was never thrown. Of course, he was succeeded by Alexander III, who was a total tyrant. Stupid Anarchists.

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM
he will be missed

sudikics
May 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Related: why didn't Nicholas leave the country when he abdicated? He could have made it through the Russian Civil War that way.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Related: why didn't Nicholas leave the country when he abdicated? He could have made it through the Russian Civil War that way.

He was already pretty much under arrest, IIRC.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 10th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Also, his cousin George V would not let him into the UK, because he was scared about upsetting British workers. "Thanks", Cuz.

But then again, Tsar Nicholas II was, at best, a twit. On the day the Bolsheviks stormed the White Palace to set up their Communist government that would last 70 years, The Tsar wrote in his diary "Today, I went for a picnic". Likewise, despite being one of the richest men in history, when his forces were being smashed into the ground by an upstart Japan in the Russo-Japanese War, instead of sending his starving soldiers food, munitions or supplies, he instead sent each one of his soldiers a picture of himself to keep their morale up.

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Poor guy. He seemed kind of okay too, as far as corrupt Russian tsars go.

Alright, before any idiot goes and posts this,
FOR THE RECORD when running a country, corrupt behavior is inevitable.
At least he had the balls to be open with his closedness.

Clark Nova
May 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Alright, before any idiot goes and posts this,
FOR THE RECORD when running a country, corrupt behavior is inevitable.
At least he had the balls to be open with his closedness.
No. that really feels like an excuse to me.

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM
No. that really feels like an excuse to me.

Excuse of what? The fact that no government power has ever had the capable resources to produce their country with enough materials to grow without the hand of third party investors, forceable intervening and a whole lot of other shit, before you go an say a country is corrupt, look at your own country....

Clark Nova
May 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Excuse of what? The fact that no government power has ever had the capable resources to produce their country with enough materials to grow without the hand of third party investors, forceable intervening and a whole lot of other shit, before you go an say a country is corrupt, look at your own country....
My country is one of the few that the politicians are afraid of what the people think of them.
Thats what results of being a small country where everyone knows everyone else.
Any country large gives way to corruption, thats why they should be divided up more and micro managed.

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM
My country is one of the few that the politicians are afraid of what the people think of them.
Thats what results of being a small country where everyone knows everyone else.
Any country large gives way to corruption, thats why they should be divided up more and micro managed.

Where ya from? (IS An ANGLO TURK). weird combination, I know.

Clark Nova
May 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ireland, population 4million.