View Full Version : I can haz surgery? >.<

Daruko
May 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
So, for the last three months I've had this recurring back/shoulder/neck pain, and within the last few weeks my hand and lower arm keep going numb, usually when the pain in my shoulder and neck are at their worst. Got pretty bad this week, so I went to the Doc. CTScan, MRI, and Neurologist session later, I found out that a simple stumble (not even a fall) that I had about 3 months ago caused a disk to get all fucked up in my spine. SO I get to go in in about a week (probably schedule surgery for a week from tomorrow) and have them cut open my throat, move my esophagus out of the way, and rip that stupid fucker right out teh back of my neck. Then they put some metal thing in it's place, and after I JUST STARTED my new job, I'll have to be out of work for 4-6 weeks. Possible loss of voice and small possibility of paralysis. FUN FUN.

But on the bright side, I'll be one cervical disc closer to a cybernetic body, and I now have more Vicodin than I could possibly want. Cool huh?

Tsar Phalanxia
May 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Fuck, it's glad you caught that before it got too late. Is that loss of voice and paralysis permanent?

And do you have insurance?

Daruko
May 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Fuck, it's glad you caught that before it got too late. Is that loss of voice and paralysis permanent?

And do you have insurance?
Yeah, that's what the doc said. He wants to do the surgery immediately, but he's waiting for me to finish my finals. The loss of voice and paralysis dangers could be permanent, but he assures me the risk is low, none of his surgeries have ended in paralysis and only two patients lost their voices. meh

I do have insurance, and this stuff is fairly out of my control. Just gonna have to see it through, and see how it goes.

Needless to say, I'll probably be away for awhile starting a week from now.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Ok. Good luck.

rmw
May 8th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Wow--that's two people I know who are going into surgery for a slipped disk. Avoid paralysis and enjoy the vicodin.

DrM
May 8th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Good luck daruko! may google find you in good health!
seriously that sucks... esp the part with the job. Your gonna be on notice or fired by the end of that 6 weeks...

Daruko
May 8th, 2009, 01:16 AM
They assured me my job will stay secure until I'm healed. Pretty nice of them. I guess I lucked out.

Thanks for the wellwishes, everyone.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 8th, 2009, 01:31 AM
When you become full cyborg be sure to tell me k!

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Has anyone read much or heard anything about the effect of nicotine on spinal healing? The surgeon is telling me I have to quit smoking cigs before the surgery.

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I would care, and offer sympathy, if I had any reason to believe you're not just making it up. Again.
I've never made up any of the things you've accused me of making up.

All you have to do is check my wife's myspace page to see that we're still married and new pics go up all the time. I'm not gonna give you a guiding light to get there though. The last thing she needs is stalkers from PD.

As far as my injury, lemme be more specific...
According to the MRI, where Sagittal and axial sections were done:
There is a fairly large disc herniation noted at the c6-c7 level into the right lateral recess. Disc material is seen extruding inferiorly in the right lateral recess. There is significant encroachment of the c7 nerve root on the right side by this. Slight flattening of the spinal cord is also noted on the right. Mild degeneration and minimal bulging of c5-c6 disc is also noted.

MR myelography shows a large extradural defect on the right side with nerve root encroachment at c6-c7.

Basically, even a minor neck injury like a fall, whiplash, small car accident, etc. would result in paralysis until after this surgery. Thus, the reason I'm pretty laid up right now, and on the internet quite a bit more than usual.
My surgery is scheduled on the 20th, and I have pretesting and bloodwork on the 13th, my wife's birthday. Whoopie.

Dolores
May 14th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Whatever.

Cain
May 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Looking at my Myspace "proves" I still live in Scotland, and earn $250,000 a year as a bisexual lingerie model.

Daruko
May 14th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Looking at my Myspace "proves" I still live in Scotland, and earn $250,000 a year as a bisexual lingerie model.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/Smileys/default/citationneeded.png

The Good Reverend Roger
May 15th, 2009, 04:29 AM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/Smileys/default/citationneeded.png

Myspace. He just said that.

Dolores
May 15th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Hey now, Roger. Not everyone can follow a sentence that difficult.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 15th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Hey now, Roger. Not everyone can follow a sentence that difficult.

It had just as much info as Daruko's "documentation" of his illness.

Clark Nova
May 15th, 2009, 01:51 PM
The fact that he is lying about his illness was never under any dispute.
There's no one here who believes his shit any more.

Dementis
May 16th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Best of luck. You have some very good ploys and deceptions, but this one has no comic potential, thus it must be truth. Hopefully others realize you only have some clever plot for the sake of irony or comic relief, this does not apply here.

Daruko
May 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Best of luck. You have some very good ploys and deceptions, but this one has no comic potential, thus it must be truth. Hopefully others realize you only have some clever plot for the sake of irony or comic relief, this does not apply here.
Hey, thanks man. Good to see you can think for yourself.

Clark Nova
May 16th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Hey, thanks man. Good to see you can think for yourself.
yes, not questioning something someone tells you makes for great independent thought.

fomenter
May 16th, 2009, 01:40 AM
yes, not questioning something someone tells you makes for great independent thought.
:icon_lol: nobody lies on the internets :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 16th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Everything has comic value, that is a lie.

Daruko
May 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Well, 1 more hour before no food/drink. :icon_evil:

Got hit by a car over the weekend (no shit lol), so I had to get another MRI done. The doctor is supposed to look at it for any needed adjustments for surgery tomorrow. 10am it's party time!

EDIT: On the plus side of the hit by car situation, mrs.daruko gets to drive a brand new silver dodge charger for the next 3 weeks while the car is repaired for free, and some of my medical bills become the responsibility of the driver's insurance co. Oh. And it didn't paralyze me. That was cool too.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 20th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Wow that sucks man Good luck!

Tsar Phalanxia
May 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think somone is out to get Daruko

The Good Reverend Roger
May 20th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Well, 1 more hour before no food/drink. :icon_evil:

Got hit by a car over the weekend (no shit lol),

Course ya did.

Dolores
May 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Got hit by a car over the weekend

:icon_lol:

It wouldn't be funny if it really happened.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 20th, 2009, 04:52 PM

It wouldn't be funny if it really happened.

Yes it would.

The Laughing Man
May 20th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Got hit by a car over the weekend

FUCK, I knew I should have reversed back over you.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 21st, 2009, 12:47 AM
karma ITT

Bullshit, ITT.

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 02:29 AM
I was IN a car that was hit by a car, sitting in the passenger seat, where the collision occurred. It was crazy, and I immediately had pain in new areas. Oh fucking well tho.

The party's over. I had a great nurse, but since the shift switch I'm starting to devise ugly wicked plots against the new one. She told me she'd be in here with more painkiller almost an hour before she showed up. I'm frothing at the mouth and throwing things by the time she comes in, and she asks me for the 1 thru 10 scale. I tell her about an 8 or 9, and she retorts "oh so you probably consider tolerable levels of pain about a 5 or so?" I'm like "WUT? I said I was in fucking pain, just give me the GODDAMNED MORPHINE AND VALIUM!"

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/darukomakaruto/neckspinefun.jpg

The Good Reverend Roger
May 21st, 2009, 03:27 AM
I was IN a car that was hit by a car, sitting in the passenger seat, where the collision occurred. It was crazy, and I immediately had pain in new areas. Oh fucking well tho.

The party's over. I had a great nurse, but since the shift switch I'm starting to devise ugly wicked plots against the new one. She told me she'd be in here with more painkiller almost an hour before she showed up. I'm frothing at the mouth and throwing things by the time she comes in, and she asks me for the 1 thru 10 scale. I tell her about an 8 or 9, and she retorts "oh so you probably consider tolerable levels of pain about a 5 or so?" I'm like "WUT? I said I was in fucking pain, just give me the GODDAMNED MORPHINE AND VALIUM!"

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/darukomakaruto/neckspinefun.jpg

That's not you. You're bald.

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 05:14 AM
That's not you. You're bald.
You're STILL trying to lie? You do realize how steadily you've been destroying your own credibility this week? Hey, my wife is in the hospital room with me right now too.. Want a picture of us together? We could nuke about 3 or 4 of your lies tonight in one pic.

Let the vendetta go man. And please stop with the pathological lying. Seriously Roger. Can we just chill out on the flamebaiting for once. I've managed to get along with almost everyone else here not originally from PD, and they with me. It's possible for us to get along too, but not if we just focus on the past.

Dolores
May 21st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Oooh Roger, now he's trying to pretend you're him!

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Course ya did.
Have you ever seen that open-mindedness video?

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
How so?

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 04:18 AM

Yeah.

And I don't know what a razor is. :icon_lol:

I shouldn't pick on the retarded.

Loki
May 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Good luck for the surgery Daruko. I'm shit scared of general anaesthesia - I want to see what the buggers are doing :D

PS - was it cancelled? I thought it was at 10am EST today?

Daruko
May 23rd, 2009, 02:06 AM
Good luck for the surgery Daruko. I'm shit scared of general anaesthesia - I want to see what the buggers are doing :D

PS - was it cancelled? I thought it was at 10am EST today?
Of course it wasn't cancelled. Roger is just lying.
The picture up there is me, obviously. :icon_rolleyes:

Daruko
May 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Postoperative periods suck.
I don't think I'm gonna be in the shape to post
for awhile. I thought I was more capable in the
hospital when they were pumping me with morphine,
but now that I'm home, it's just like..... ughhh

I'm not gonna be around much.
Hope things start coming together better for the site.
I'll miss ya guys. Take care.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Of course it wasn't cancelled. Roger is just lying.
The picture up there is me, obviously. :icon_rolleyes:

So you say.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM

Shame, that.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 23rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
For someone too sore/ill to be here, he certainly does lurk "invisibly" like a bastard.

sailor
May 26th, 2009, 06:50 AM

postop time is the best reason to get complimentary care. like a massage!!!!!

or, some tiny needle therapy.

or, we could come douse you with leeches in little suction cups!

we could hang you upside down and bleed you.