View Full Version : The Modless Solution To All Our Troubles

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM
At PD, they have this little ritual they like to do every few weeks or so to publicly declare which users are not in the cool kid club. It's called "pledging".

When a new user comes on the forum, and he's not cool enough for the club, then someone starts a thread to "PLEDGE" that person, meaning that they are going to officially ignore all future posts for this person.

Of course, this is all bullshit on PD, because there is no /ignore option, and the pledgers inevitably end up flamebaiting the user they're supposedly ignoring anyway.

Anyway, on the Church of Google, WE DO HAVE AN IGNORE FUNCTION. As a part of my effort to end MY side of the ongoing PD shitfest, and to make MY forum experience MUCH MUCH NICER, I am now going to add each and every stupid troll from PD to my ignore list, the next time they post something ignorant.

I encourage you, when you see a pledge thread relating to a specific user that is making the forum unpleasant for you, to join in and announce your PLEDGE as well. Join the pledge list for each PD member that you wish wasn't here, and each and every one of those people will slowly and magickally disappear from our forum experiences forever.

Also, if there is a particular PD troll who doesn't have a PLEDGE list yet, make a NEW PLEDGE THREAD in the IFU! It's time that we, as a forum, make the environment pleasant for ourselves. We don't have to wait for anyone else to do anything.

NO MOD ACTION NECESSARY!

Beautiful, isn't it? See ya at the New Church of Google Experience... right here at home! :D

EDIT: Also, if you don't know how to add a user to your ignore list (make them disappear), here's what you do: 1)go to the profile of the user you want to ignore and 2)click on add to ignore list

IT'S SOOOOO EASY!

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
welcome to my ignore list

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Click This for Fabulous fortune (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=2813)

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
He's ignoring us so much that he created a bunch of threads saying so. what.

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
You'll be bloodrocuted.
You'll be bloodrocuted.
Right NOW!

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
You'll be bloodrocuted.
You'll be bloodrocuted.
Right NOW!

fomenter
May 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM
welcome to my ignore list

Click This for Fabulous fortune (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=2813)

He's ignoring us so much that he created a bunch of threads saying so. what.

well said

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
You'll be bloodrocuted.
You'll be bloodrocuted.
Right NOW!

Keep watching. This is gonna be epic. EPIC! :icon_lol:

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Keep watching. This is gonna be epic. EPIC! :icon_lol:

Epic for who?

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Epic for who?

Anyone whose name isn't Daruko.

You have to learn to see the humor in these things. He's on a slide into a SERIOUS meltdown, and my guess is that it's going to be funny as hell.

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Right on.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I must admit, I am tempted to pledge. For some of the members anyway.

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
It's the best solution offered so far.

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM

Then do it, shitneck. I'm sure your two man crusade against Discordians will be victorious.

I haven't had a problem with you until this post by the way. GJ.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 11th, 2009, 02:08 AM

Then go ahead. You and Daruko can sit and complain about how the board is going to hell together.

It'll be fun.

Cain
May 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
"If I put my head under my blanket mommy, will all the bad monsters go away?"

Tsar Phalanxia
May 11th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Then do it, shitneck. I'm sure your two man crusade against Discordians will be victorious.

I haven't had a problem with you until this post by the way. GJ.

Then go ahead. You and Daruko can sit and complain about how the board is going to hell together.

It'll be fun.

I said tempted. I haven't, and I won't, unless you pull some particularly bad stunt, which I'm confident you won't.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 13th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I said tempted. I haven't, and I won't, unless you pull some particularly bad stunt, which I'm confident you won't.

It's only a matter of time.

TGRR,
Wouldn't be TGRR if he didn't fuck up massively on occasion.

Dolores
May 13th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Jesus fuck, as if this place isn't crapped up enough already without twelve NEW threads about People Daruko Doesn't Like

WTF

Man, a couple weeks ago I started a whole bunch of threads on actual serious topics in the hope of getting actual discussion going, where are they now? Buried under ten tons of fucking DRAMA BULLSHIT.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 13th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Jesus fuck, as if this place isn't crapped up enough already without twelve NEW threads about People Daruko Doesn't Like

WTF

Man, a couple weeks ago I started a whole bunch of threads on actual serious topics in the hope of getting actual discussion going, where are they now? Buried under ten tons of fucking DRAMA BULLSHIT.

Drama is a new in thing to this hot topic generation of emo kids.

rzm61
May 13th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I resent that so much to where I'm going to go write an acoustic bleeding heart song about it.

fomenter
May 13th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I resent that so much to where I'm going to go write an acoustic bleeding heart song about it.
:icon_lol:

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM

http://www.smileyhut.com/happy/clap2.gif

rzm61
May 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJaSS_aS0E

sailor
May 13th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Oh great, just what the CoG needs more frat boy style hazing.

I suggest circle jerking instead. Leave the poor newbies alone, they get harrassed enough just by virtue of the trolling, spamming, hacking, and cyberbullying that goes on here.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2782415909_e6f47bd486_o.gif

rzm61
May 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
He looks mad, but he obviously approves because of the applause.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM
It's Orson Welles, from Citizen Kane!

Tbh, in that scene, he's only applauding because he doesn't want to get humiliated by his rubbish opera singing wife, who he's staked a lot of money and his reputation on, but HEY

rzm61
May 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Ah see, I haven't seen it. :(

Tsar Phalanxia
May 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Good film, especially considering when it was made, in the late 40's.

rzm61
May 13th, 2009, 07:09 PM
....it doesn't matter when it was made. A good film is a good film.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
and sometimes a bad film is a good film but never a good film is a bad film

Tsar Phalanxia
May 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
....it doesn't matter when it was made. A good film is a good film.
If it was made today, it would still be a good film. But when you consider what it was like then, with other films, then it's a really good film , since it had various innovations for it's time.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 14th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Oh great, just what the CoG needs more frat boy style hazing.

I suggest circle jerking instead. Leave the poor newbies alone, they get harrassed enough just by virtue of the trolling, spamming, hacking, and cyberbullying that goes on here.

Life is tough, wear a hat.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 14th, 2009, 04:44 AM
If it was made today, it would still be a good film. But when you consider what it was like then, with other films, then it's a really good film , since it had various innovations for it's time.

It also destroyed Orson Wells' career. William Randolph Hearst knew PRECISELY who Mr Wells was referring to.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Yep. It's be like me making a movie of Rupert Murdoch.

Although it's sad that Welles ended up rich, paranoid and lonely, just like Kane does :(