View Full Version : Reboot.

DrM
May 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Aside from being an awesome TV show. I think this word holds a lot for us. Its my opinion that we need to reboot the website. Get a clean slate. My plan is, once all the bickering gets over. (if it does). Delete all the threads in IFU and Guest posting. Plus all the threads that have turned into a pissing contest. (like Dar V. Everyone else, but that is just one example.) A good cleansing will be nice for the site.
Id also like to delete all the threads in SD or GD which havent been productive at all. But the idea of productivity is very subjective so i dont know how that would work. That is why im making a poll.

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM
GTFO MY INTERNETS!

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Aside from being an awesome TV show. I think this word holds a lot for us. Its my opinion that we need to reboot the website. Get a clean slate. My plan is, once all the bickering gets over. (if it does). Delete all the threads in IFU and Guest posting. Plus all the threads that have turned into a pissing contest. (like Dar V. Everyone else, but that is just one example.) A good cleansing will be nice for the site.
Id also like to delete all the threads in SD or GD which havent been productive at all. But the idea of productivity is very subjective so i dont know how that would work. That is why im making a poll.

What the FUCK?

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Not a good idea.
when you do that you create a burnt offering. Empty forums take a LONG time to get a flow back. if you want to reboot the whole site you roll all forums into one.
ALL the bad thread will fade into obscurity, As people start making discussions you create a discussion forum.
as people start making tech threads you make a tech forum. etc etc.
Axing a forums content causes a void in the atmosphere of everyone who remembers them. It could cause the site to be hurt for years.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Not a good idea.
when you do that you create a burnt offering. Empty forums take a LONG time to get a flow back. if you want to reboot the whole site you roll all forums into one.
ALL the bad thread will fade into obscurity, As people start making discussions you create a discussion forum.
as people start making tech threads you make a tech forum. etc etc.
Axing a forums content causes a void in the atmosphere of everyone who remembers them. It could cause the site to be hurt for years.

But that won't protect people from bad ideas. :icon_cry:

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
But that won't protect people from bad ideas. :icon_cry:
http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/d71b14f6b836512b26ff1b107b475f722a0db56c_m.jpg

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
PROTECTING YOU FROM HARMFUL IDEAS SINCE 1932.
http://www.king.igs.net/%7Erogersk/PHOTOS/nazi.jpg

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
GTFO MY INTERNETS!
THIS.

ALso, just a pointer for the inexperienced, you should stop letting PD fuck with your head Dr.M.

I have no problem with our actual members.

PD trolltards are not members in my book, and effectively no longer exist for me on the forum.

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 07:31 PM
PD trolltards are not members in my book, and effectively no longer exist for me on the forum.

How mature.

MOMMMY!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM
THIS.

ALso, just a pointer for the inexperienced, you should stop letting PD fuck with your head Dr.M.

Which is, of course, why he keeps posting about us. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
How mature.
Actually, it is a lot more mature than repeating the same cycle over and over.
What do you do in real life when you realize someone is a piece of shit? Hang around them every day arguing? :icon_rolleyes:

I have better shit to do.

fomenter
May 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM
deleting is weak

# "If the Party could thrust its hand into the past and say this or that even, it never happened—
# "every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized
# "And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'"
- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 3

# "Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary."
- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 3
- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 1

rzm61
May 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
What do you do in real life when you realize someone is a piece of shit? Hang around them every day arguing? :icon_rolleyes:

I have better shit to do.

Right, like put them on your ignore list....and then talk about it, let alone make threads about it.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Right, like put them on your ignore list....and then talk about it, let alone make threads about it.

Well, you have to understand that it's ALL ABOUT DARUKO.

ALL THE TIME.

Daruko
May 10th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm encouraging others to participate in the movement. I'm not the only one who doesn't like the shit they've been doing to the forum, and I'd like to get back to the things we were doing before the shitfest.

Scikidus is the only one enforcing the forum guidelines lately, so it's up to users to take control into their own hands.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm encouraging others to participate in the movement.

One person is "the movement"?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Daruko has to be an (unintentional) BLAST at parties.

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM
One person is "the movement"?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Daruko has to be an (unintentional) BLAST at parties.

I think this is like his anti-TGRR resistance movement back in his PD days.

Did those guys ever succeed in destroying the board like they said they would? I forget.

The Laughing Man
May 10th, 2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/cain/if-you-recognize-the-elitism-currently-ruling-pd/

Reposting here for relevance. :icon_lol:

Tsar Phalanxia
May 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Hmm.

Methinks DrM is out of his depth.

DrM
May 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Tsar, you are probably correct. =D

Clark Nova
May 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
THIS.

wow, wow wow. My suggestion is fucking with his head?
Dr G please note my advice i simply based on my experience, its not written in stone and you are of course to handle the situation in whatever way you find most appropriate.
I really wouldn't want you to think I am fucking with your head.

DrM
May 11th, 2009, 01:04 AM
hey dont worry about it, i dont see it that way. O and i cant really handle the situation either which way. its not my place.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 02:56 AM
GTFO MY INTERNETS!

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/d71b14f6b836512b26ff1b107b475f722a0db56c_m.jpg

These^^^

I'm encouraging others to participate in the movement. I'm not the only one who doesn't like the shit they've been doing to the forum, and I'd like to get back to the things we were doing before the shitfest.

Scikidus is the only one enforcing the forum guidelines lately, so it's up to users to take control into their own hands.

Guidelines laid by people no longer in power, times change my friend.

wow, wow wow. My suggestion is fucking with his head?
Dr G please note my advice i simply based on my experience, its not written in stone and you are of course to handle the situation in whatever way you find most appropriate.
I really wouldn't want you to think I am fucking with your head.

How did I get into this thread?

Cain
May 11th, 2009, 09:11 AM

Except this is part of the same cycle. Its the "Daruko pretends to be mature and responsible part", which will no doubt devolve into...damn, what is the next step? Clark Nova? You can remember this better than me. Is it usually a spazz out, or is it flamebaiting?

Cain
May 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I think this is like his anti-TGRR resistance movement back in his PD days.

Did those guys ever succeed in destroying the board like they said they would? I forget.

No, but his reporting us to "the authorities" did. Good thing Lizzie sent me a file in a birthday cake, or else I'd be writing this from prison.

Clark Nova
May 11th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Except this is part of the same cycle. Its the "Daruko pretends to be mature and responsible part", which will no doubt devolve into...damn, what is the next step? Clark Nova? You can remember this better than me. Is it usually a spazz out, or is it flamebaiting?
Everyone gets sick of his shit, he alienates the last few people sympathetic to him, then he accuses them of corruption and always secretly being under rogers mind control influence. When this blows up in his face he goes back to the apoligetic "I can change" routine and the cycle starts over.

This will be at least the sixth or seventh time we have seen this.

Cain
May 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks.

Yeah, it is. We should probably draw up and publish a chart for this. We can hand them out, like swine flu leaflets, so the population is aware of where we are at and what steps can be taken.

Clark Nova
May 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Epilogue:
In six months time when he tries begging the PD to take him back again he will claim that making shitloads of bad threads, importing drama into every thread and whining consistently was all him trolling the church of google, and what a good old time we all had...
That's if he survives his surgery which I sincerely hope he does not.

Dolores
May 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM
THIS.

And this thread is all about Daruko in 3... 2... 1...

Clark Nova
May 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
These^^^

How did I get into this thread?
mixed the two of you up.
sorry

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 13th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Ok. Got ya!

rmw
May 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I hate the idea of the deleting threads. There's been some discussion (don't know how serious) floating around of renaming/recategorizing the sub-forums, which could work. However, to just delete everything and "make a clean start" doesn't make sense--we do have smart threads here (yes, even one or two in IFU); it'd be a pity to delete, nor do I think it would help matters any. Instead, as someone pointed out--what would have left and how would we re-establish the forum?

Dolores
May 14th, 2009, 02:05 AM
As Clark said, deleting everything would most likely kill the forum... you need those posts to show activity/prove interest to new visitors and members.

I'd keep it all, because more posts/activity indicates to visitors that it's an interesting site, tempting them to browse/register. Stupid drama threads eventually sink to the bottom once the drama queens chill out, but they still add to the numbers, and therefore the "curb appeal" of the forum.

Some subforum renames wouldn't be bad though.

DrM
May 14th, 2009, 02:43 AM
I suppose you are correct. We shouldn't erase everything. But I'd still say that we should erase some of the really horrible threads...

fomenter
May 14th, 2009, 02:56 AM
no setting a bad precedence is bad idea let them drop by not posting in them.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 14th, 2009, 03:42 AM
No need to delete anything(but spam) Archive maybe but delete no

fomenter
May 14th, 2009, 03:45 AM
archiving them, if the forum gets new categories isn't a bad idea

The Good Reverend Roger
May 14th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I suppose you are correct. We shouldn't erase everything. But I'd still say that we should erase some of the really horrible threads...

Why?

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I think this thread should be about DrM's first sentence.

http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/reboot.jpg

rzm61
May 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM

:\
Dude. You don't erase history.

Daruko
May 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I think this thread should be about DrM's first sentence.

http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/reboot.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/darukomakaruto/roglol.gif

Tsar Phalanxia
May 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
:\
Dude. You don't erase history.

Whoever controls the present controls the.... eh, forget it.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3r0QpGnxdE

DrM
May 15th, 2009, 01:07 AM
GOOOFY!!! seriously, that pic makes me so nostalgic. havent watched that show in years.

GO GLITCH!!!

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 15th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Then you should watch my links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdonf-_BqLo