View Full Version : Gobal warming mark twain

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well.

MARK TWAIN

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

Two Twain quotes that explain this predicament that people seem to have gotten themselves into.

More of my Messiah

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. twain

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Its a bishop! its a saint! Holy crap its Battle Pope!

fomenter
May 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Mark Twain

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
No, role makes the man, the foreign children make the clothes.

Because those little seems are hard to sew with big hands

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM
where did my post go? I know it mocked twain on some level... But come on it was gud.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. http://www.quotationspage.com/icon_blank.gif (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/258.html)Mark Twain

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 11:06 PM
where did my post go? I know it mocked twain on some level... But come on it was gud.

I moved it silly

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 11:07 PM
holy crap this thread has been DLLD to the Serious and IFU.... Fuck...

fomenter
May 11th, 2009, 11:07 PM
more global warming related, but i will stick it in the twain thread

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Mark Twain

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I think I will move it to GD because it is not IFU worthy yet.

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Put all your eggs in one basket -- and watch that basket!!
-
Golf is a good walk spoiled
-
The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.
-
The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.

Will.
May 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM
After a few months’ acquaintance with European “coffee,” one’s mind weakens, and his faith with it, and he begins to wonder if the rich beverage of home, with its clotted layer of yellow cream on top of it, is not a mere dream after all, and a thing which never existed.

fomenter
May 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.

Mark Twain

The Laughing Man
May 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/ddexae.jpg

Goebbels warming.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 11th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Will.
May 12th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I wonder, if someone's wondering about me, wondering about them...

brutelord
May 12th, 2009, 03:48 AM
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Mark Twain

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 12th, 2009, 04:04 AM

Mark Twain

fomenter
May 12th, 2009, 04:06 AM

Mark Twain

It's like deja-vu, all over again.
Yogi Berra

brutelord
May 12th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I was ignoring most of the posts, as usual...

Tsar Phalanxia
May 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Wb Brutelord