View Full Version : What does it mean to be a Googlist?

Tsar Phalanxia
May 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I think the vast amount of us are Googlists, but what does that mean? Does that mean that we just post on a forum, insulting the odd troll and discussing random bollocks, or does it amount to something deeper? Do you apply Googlism to you life, and live by the principles that Googlism teaches? And if so, what are those principles? Tolerance? Curiosity? Does Googlism even have a moral code, or does it teach us to make our own?

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 12th, 2009, 05:21 PM
It means when you need an answer in life you google it. You see google as a god like tool

fomenter
May 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM
It means when you need an answer in life you google it. You see google as a god like tool

i like this answer,
given that you have a tool to seek out answers, and there are countless possible answers or models to be found on the Internet, and you need to figure out for yourself which applies best to the situation your in, wouldn't model agnosticism be a better fit for googlism than being atheist?

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
We have some agnostics like myself but a lot of atheist based on the line we through out super natural gods.

sam the moderately wize
May 13th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Possibly the main thing is curiosity and considering knowledge as an end in itself.

I like the lack of moral guidance in the Googlist faith, as it fits with my own existential views.