View Full Version : This is BULLSHIT.

Dayve
May 16th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I guess i can agree too, i know i only just got here but this place is absolutely dead.

rzm61
May 16th, 2009, 01:49 PM
On a REAL board

Then please, go grace a REAL board with your presence. :icon_rolleyes:

Tsar Phalanxia
May 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I guess i can agree too, i know i only just got here but this place is absolutely dead.
It was awesome, until about one and a half months ago :|

Sister Faith
May 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
You MIGHT consider building a USER BASE and a little CONTENT before you start being a picky bastard.

We had a user base and content that suited us just fine. It's you lot that have a problem with this place not being run like PD.

Why would we want to run this board like you run PD? Most of your users are trolls whose content consists of 'NO YUO'. It took me 10 minutes to find any content on PD worth reading. Net users attention spans are short. Who wants to become a member of any board where they have to dig through piles of shit to get to the good stuff?

Oh, and as New Member Recruitment Officers you all SUX. We've lost more members since you've been here than we've gained. You're fired!

quoted because i can't say it better and it needs to be repeated

Do you have any opinion or idea in your head that isn't TGRR's???

http://www.phillyturkey.com/images/ButtSniff.gif

The Good Reverend Roger
May 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
We had a user base and content that suited us just fine. It's you lot that have a problem with this place not being run like PD.

Oh, so you LIKE having actual serious discussions moved to IFU because a mod is feeling choosy? Tsar alone had 2 really good threads moved, for no fucking reason whatsoever.

And who is this "we"? You and your tapeworm? Or are you stating that you speak for the whole non-mod population of the board? My, my, how presumptious of you.

Why would we want to run this board like you run PD? Most of your users are trolls whose content consists of 'NO YUO'. It took me 10 minutes to find any content on PD worth reading.

But it's THERE. And who said to run it like PD? Oh, yeah, nobody but you. What I SAID was that it might help if the mods, you know, STOP FUCKING WITH PEOPLES' THREADS FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

But you knew that. Now stop putting words in my mouth, you dumbfuck.

fomenter
May 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM

We had a user base and content that suited us just fine.

a few teenagers posting old /b/ humor, racist comments and evangelical atheist bullshit that they pulled out there asses, is not a user base or content no matter how much they let you mods push them around, and kissed your asses and begged for more.

Daruko
May 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM

Why would we want to run this board like you run PD? Most of your users are trolls whose content consists of 'NO YUO'. It took me 10 minutes to find any content on PD worth reading. Net users attention spans are short. Who wants to become a member of any board where they have to dig through piles of shit to get to the good stuff?

Oh, and as New Member Recruitment Officers you all SUX. We've lost more members since you've been here than we've gained. You're fired!

Do you have any opinion or idea in your head that isn't TGRR's???

http://www.phillyturkey.com/images/ButtSniff.gif

THIS.

JOIN THE PLEDGE LISTS.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
THIS.

JOIN THE PLEDGE LISTS.

Which consist of Daruko. :icon_lol:

The Good Reverend Roger
May 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
a few teenagers posting old /b/ humor, racist comments and evangelical atheist bullshit that they pulled out there asses, is not a user base or content no matter how much they let you mods push them around, and kissed your asses and begged for more.

Apparently having Savage tell everyone why women are subhuman and then delete any dissenting opinions is a "user base".

Dementis
May 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Apparently having Savage tell everyone why women are subhuman and then delete any dissenting opinions is a "user base".
:icon_lol: Them was the good 'ol days... sort of.

Dayve
May 16th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I really do agree with reverend. The only section of this site i joined to use was the serious discussion part because i enjoy discussing world events, because it's usually the part of any forum that you'll find mature people, and not just morons posting "No yuo" or "for the lulz".

This place really does have potential though. The last place i was at, the serious section of the forum had a massive influx of insanely right wing, hardcore Christian American George Bush worshiping fanatics who wanted to talk all day about how we need to turn the middle-east into a glass crater and how Israel are more than justified in doing anything they like because of this reason and that reason and it drove me away.

So yeah, this place seemed decent enough, but good god I've never seen a forum so dead.

fomenter
May 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
serious discussion is dead, count how many threads have been modded into the wasteland, i agree that this place has potential a lot of it, but it wont happen if you cant express a dissenting opinion or express yourself in the way you see fit, the mods and their flunkies like the dead-zone they have created
the board nannies cant let go of the pram handles and the children want their mommies to tell them what to say and defend them against the big bad people who disagree with it..

Dolores
May 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM

Bullshit. It hasn't been awesome since juvenile power-modding and general teenage imbecility drove all the grownups away, and that was before I got here last year.

Dolores
May 16th, 2009, 10:29 PM
THIS.

JOIN THE PLEDGE LISTS.

I love how you're even copying the STUPIDEST aspect of PD.com. :icon_lol:

Dolores
May 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Something that really bothers me is this hilarious(ly awful) revisionist history... the older members here SHOULD be able to remember that the reason some of the posters on PD came over here to check it out last year was because this board was DEAD and you guys INVITED us over, looking for new members. Remember that?

And then the bad modding started right away, moving serious essays to IFU because they were over the mods heads, and handing out infractions for posting two posts in a row. Apparently, some of the mods wanted new members, but not new content, new ideas, or new personalities. Who knows? Perhaps they just wanted a larger audience for their power trip.

The thing blew up and changes were made, the worst of the offending mods were stripped of their powers, but by then most of the new members were disgusted and left... a recurring theme around here, I've noticed. I stuck around and posted pretty regularly for a while, but it was just too boring with so few posters and no real content... just a circle-jerk of approval, basically. I found other things to do, and then when I dropped in a few weeks ago it was all still basically the same.

I mean, if you guys really LIKE to spend all your time here talking about how to get new members and then driving them away with pitchforks as soon as you get some, knock yourselves out. Just don't expect to ever have a membership base larger than your high-school clique.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 16th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Something that really bothers me is this hilarious(ly awful) revisionist history... the older members here SHOULD be able to remember that the reason some of the posters on PD came over here to check it out last year was because this board was DEAD and you guys INVITED us over, looking for new members. Remember that?

And then the bad modding started right away, moving serious essays to IFU because they were over the mods heads, and handing out infractions for posting two posts in a row. Apparently, some of the mods wanted new members, but not new content, new ideas, or new personalities. Who knows? Perhaps they just wanted a larger audience for their power trip.

The thing blew up and changes were made, the worst of the offending mods were stripped of their powers, but by then most of the new members were disgusted and left... a recurring theme around here, I've noticed. I stuck around and posted pretty regularly for a while, but it was just too boring with so few posters and no real content... just a circle-jerk of approval, basically. I found other things to do, and then when I dropped in a few weeks ago it was all still basically the same.

I mean, if you guys really LIKE to spend all your time here talking about how to get new members and then driving them away with pitchforks as soon as you get some, knock yourselves out. Just don't expect to ever have a membership base larger than your high-school clique.

No, we must have fucked it all up.

Blaming us is easier than, you know, actually building a board.

fomenter
May 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Bullshit. It hasn't been awesome since juvenile power-modding and general teenage imbecility drove all the grownups away, and that was before I got here last year.

that is all i found here when i joined a few weeks ago.:icon_rolleyes:

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Oh, so you LIKE having actual serious discussions moved to IFU because a mod is feeling choosy? Tsar alone had 2 really good threads moved, for no fucking reason whatsoever.

Wait, what? Not only do 1. I have no memory of any such incidents taking pace whatsoever, but 2., that is exactly the purpose of the IFU.

But it's THERE. And who said to run it like PD? Oh, yeah, nobody but you. What I SAID was that it might help if the mods, you know, STOP FUCKING WITH PEOPLES' THREADS FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

But you knew that. Now stop putting words in my mouth, you dumbfuck.
Alright, what do you want then? Because having very little/no moderation appears to be identical to PD, and if you admin lots over at PD, then you're a hypocrite.
Oh yeah, because our current situation is fan dabby dosy.
It is a part of a use base. Having different opinions is all part of a healthy debate forum. When you yelled at SAVAGE until he left, discussion about women's rights disappeared, resulting in conjunction with other things for debate in general to decline, which in turn resulted in you complaining about the lack of debate.
Paradox much?
Lets see, who left as a result of "over modding" before you arrived.

:

OK, let's now look at the people who left because of the trolling that happened in September.

:Wallsy, SAVAGE, Geoff, Jon, Fallen Hero, Vexx, -۞-, Echo, Syberwolf

You must be so proud.

Something that really bothers me is this hilarious(ly awful) revisionist history... the older members here SHOULD be able to remember that the reason some of the posters on PD came over here to check it out last year was because this board was DEAD and you guys INVITED us over, looking for new members. Remember that?.
Actually, as I remember, Loki invited Roger over. Then, Jon banned Roger for something petty, which was a mistake, and then Roger invited all of youse over.

The modding was an attempt to try and create and stimulate content. However, it went too far, and it aggravated people.

The thing blew up and changes were made, the worst of the offending mods were stripped of their powers, but by then most of the new members were disgusted and left...

Most of the new members left because they had burned this place out to become a shell of it's former self. There wasn't anything left to troll.

I stuck around and posted pretty regularly for a while, but it was just too boring with so few posters and no real content... just a circle-jerk of approval, basically. I found other things to do, and then when I dropped in a few weeks ago it was all still basically the same.

I'm amazed you fail to see the hypocrisy in your own statement.

The board was not dead, and it had in fact re-welcomed some members shortly before you arrived e.g. SAVAGE, Jon, Syber. You lot however decided that that did not fit in with your personal definition of "alive", and proceeded to troll this place to the ground, resulting in many members leaving.

When in that process did your actions ever make the board "alive"?

Because you admit that after you had finished it was "boring" with "too few posters". Perhaps, this was because you had chased some of those posters away, and especially the controversial members?

Likewise, after you left, things slowly got better. Members such as Djura, Yiuel and Al Farabi joined, all of them interesting people. Then, you return and they disappear, in totally unconnected and unrelated circumstances, of course. But what you are totally failing to see, despite it being held right before your eyes, is that no matter how "dead" you proclaim the board to be, your ideas and proposals totally fail in every way to attract posters who are committed and understanding as to what the Church of Google is all about.
No, we must have fucked it all up.

Blaming us is easier than, you know, actually building a board.
Likewise, blaming everyone else in easier than taking even a small part of responsibility.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 12:42 AM
your ideas and proposals totally fail in every way to attract posters who are committed and understanding as to what the Church of Google is all about. ideas and proposals are not going to attract anything they need to be implemented to work...

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
ideas and proposals are not going to attract anything they need to be implemented to work...

Ok, so what are you proposals? The complete lack of moderation? Well, that's basically what's happened, and ins't everything so NICE-AND-FLUFFY-AND-FLOWING-WITH-MILK-AND-HONEY

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 12:47 AM
The modding was an attempt to try and create and stimulate content. However, it went too far, and it aggravated people. modding does the opposite of stimulating and creating content, it doesn't have to go far, it is aggravating at the outset.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Tsar, Loki posted a PUBLIC invitation on PD, and a few of us, including me, came over to check it out. It was pretty dead though.

A lot more showed up after the stupid modding bullshit started, though. Not my fault; I tried to help, and put a LOT of effort into making a post which some asshole mod DELETED.

There are good mods here who actually listen and want to make things better and not just shut up everyone they perceive as coming from "outside", but I think that for the most part as long as there are users like Sister Faith and Daruko who post nothing but petty bickering and insist on fanning the "us" vs. "them" flame, the damage is going to continue running deeper.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Wait, what? Not only do 1. I have no memory of any such incidents taking pace whatsoever, but 2., that is exactly the purpose of the IFU.

What the fuck are you babbling about? You had two good threads in SD that got moved for no fucking reason. And IFU is there for the mods to jam shit in when they feel like assfucking someone?

Alright, what do you want then? Because having very little/no moderation appears to be identical to PD, and if you admin lots over at PD, then you're a hypocrite.

Sometimes it's really fucking hard to like you, Tsar. That is NOT what I fucking said. Go back and read my fucking post.

Oh yeah, because our current situation is fan dabby dosy.

AND OBVIOUSLY THE BEST WAY TO FIX THAT IS PISS EVERYONE OFF WHEN THEY TRY TO POST, FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

It is a part of a use base. Having different opinions is all part of a healthy debate forum. When you yelled at SAVAGE until he left, discussion about women's rights disappeared, resulting in conjunction with other things for debate in general to decline, which in turn resulted in you complaining about the lack of debate.
Paradox much?

If he can't handle the heat without the mod button, how am I to blame for that?

:

OK, let's now look at the people who left because of the trolling that happened in September.

Wallsy attacked me for no reason.
SAVAGE couldn't debate without modding people.
Geoff is a fucking asshole.
Fallen Hero is still here, dumbshit.
Vexx? Who made him leave? Oh, yeah. Vexx.
Stupid symbol guy? I don't remember ever arguing with him.
Echo? Who?
Syberwolf left when he lost his admin button because he was stalking people.

Try being a little more honest.

Actually, as I remember, Loki invited Roger over. Then, Jon banned Roger for something petty, which was a mistake, and then Roger invited all of youse over.

I was banned by 3 different mods in 3 days. For nothing.

The modding was an attempt to try and create and stimulate content. However, it went too far, and it aggravated people.

The modding was a jack off fest of power hungry little nerds.

Most of the new members left because they had burned this place out to become a shell of it's former self. There wasn't anything left to troll.

You really have a BAD FUCKING HABIT of speaking for other people, you know that?

Fuck it. I'm done answering your goddamn posts. I think I'll just start hating on you again, you lying little fuckwad.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 12:52 AM
modding does the opposite of stimulating and creating content, it doesn't have to go far, it is aggravating at the outset.
So, what is your definition of appropriate modding? From what I'm hearing, I think you'd like a website I've heard about. Here's the link.
(http://www.4chan.org/)

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Tsar, Loki posted a PUBLIC invitation on PD, and a few of us, including me, came over to check it out. It was pretty dead though.

Why are you bothering? The little fuckwit isn't even ATTEMPTING to be honest.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Ok, so what are you proposals? The complete lack of moderation? Well, that's basically what's happened, and ins't everything so NICE-AND-FLUFFY-AND-FLOWING-WITH-MILK-AND-HONEY
step one. stop demanding everything has to be so NICE-AND-FLUFFY-AND-FLOWING-WITH-MILK-AND-HONEY the real world isn't and an over modded forum will never be either, stop trying.

i have made other suggestions to kill the bickering and some of the fighting in other threads, you don't need gestapo modding to improve this place.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 12:57 AM
step one. stop demanding everything has to be so NICE-AND-FLUFFY-AND-FLOWING-WITH-MILK-AND-HONEY the real world isn't and an over modded forum will never be either, stop trying.

i have made other suggestions to kill the bickering and some of the fighting in other threads, you don't need gestapo modding to improve this place.

Fuck that. Let's burn this bitch down. It's what they want.

Dementis
May 17th, 2009, 01:04 AM
with that in mind...

I don't think that is QUITE what they want though. Still, it gave me an excuse for one of my favorite pictures, so I approve. ;)

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 01:05 AM
with that in mind...http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/ninjas-cant-catch-you-if-youre-on-fire.gif

I don't think that is QUITE what they want though. Still, it gave me an excuse for one of my favorite pictures, so I approve. ;)

What, a dead link?

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Works fine at the other sites I visit. The guys who complain tend to be guys like this (http://www.wikifaqs.net/index.php?title=Rancid_milk). So, what is your definition of appropriate modding? From what I'm hearing, I think you'd like a website I've heard about. Here's the link.
(http://www.4chan.org/)

nobody is hacking or doing major flame wars here (yet), i have never been on a heavy modded site was creative or that didn't consist of a bunch of parrots all saying the same thing. there is a difference between needed modding and unnecessary modding and abusive modding most of what i see here is unnecessary, some of the people were here during the abusive modding days

Dementis
May 17th, 2009, 01:07 AM
What, a dead link?
didn't work with any of the links I found =/

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 01:08 AM
nobody is hacking or doing major flame wars here (yet),

WRONG. (Not hacking, but 169% flame from now on.)

i have never been on a heavy modded site was creative or that didn't consist of a bunch of parrots all saying the same thing. there is a difference between needed modding and unnecessary modding and abusive modding most of what i see here is unnecessary, some of the people were here during the abusive modding days

I just hate having threads I'm reading moved all over the fucking place.

It's really that fucking simple.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Fuck that. Let's burn this bitch down. It's what they want.

we didn't start the fire but if we are going to get the blame for it no matter what we do .... there are always a few cans of gas nearby

Dementis
May 17th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I feel like I'm flaming, but this is too perfect.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 01:12 AM
WRONG. (Not hacking, but 169% flame from now on.)

I just hate having threads I'm reading moved all over the fucking place.

It's really that fucking simple.

i agree, the moved threads all died but nobody notices that

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 01:12 AM
we didn't start the fire but if we are going to get the blame for it no matter what we do .... there are always a few cans of gas nearby

Fuck it. May as well run with it, right?

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 01:13 AM
i agree, the moved threads all died but nobody notices that

Why bother with things like "fact" when you can just blame the PDers and pick fights, like Sister Lardass?

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Tsar, Loki posted a PUBLIC invitation on PD, and a few of us, including me, came over to check it out. It was pretty dead though..
Oh, my bad.

Sometimes it's really fucking hard to like you, Tsar. That is NOT what I fucking said. Go back and read my fucking post.
Well, have any of the mods done anything so serious as what happened in September recently?

AND OBVIOUSLY THE BEST WAY TO FIX THAT IS PISS EVERYONE OFF WHEN THEY TRY TO POST, FOR NO FUCKING REASON.
I don't want that. I'm not even suggesting a return to that. I just want you as a whole to be less confrontational.
If he can't handle the heat without the mod button, how am I to blame for that?
Alright, SAVAGE was not the best example, since he was/is probably crazy. But my argument still holds, with people like Zexor.

Wallsy attacked me for no reason.
SAVAGE couldn't debate without modding people.
Geoff is a fucking asshole.
Fallen Hero is still here, dumbshit.
Vexx? Who made him leave? Oh, yeah. Vexx.
Stupid symbol guy? I don't remember ever arguing with him.
Echo? Who?
Syberwolf left when he lost his admin button because he was stalking people.

It doesn't matter whether you attacked them directly, which you did not for most of them. It was the spillover it caused from you arguing with people like SAVAGE which made them leave.

I was banned by 3 different mods in 3 days. For nothing.
Alright, I didn't know about that. But again, I'm not saying that was right, quite the contrary.

The modding was a jack off fest of power hungry little nerds.
You're being too cynical. For crying out loud we're on the internet. If I, or anyone else here was "power hungry" we'd do it in real life.

You really have a BAD FUCKING HABIT of speaking for other people, you know that?
That's how I saw it. What's your explanation for it then?

Fuck it. I'm done answering your goddamn posts. I think I'll just start hating on you again, you lying little fuckwad.
That's a shame, because I like you most of them time.
I was being sarcastic -.-

Your suggestions have wholly entailed "less modding". And how can you even begin to compare modding on an internet forum to the fucking Gestapo?

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Oh, my bad.

I hope you didn't put a lot of time into that post, you fucked up little hippie, because I elected not to read it.

Sorry.

:icon_lol:

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Can I take a moment to point out that Sister Faith and Daruko spare no opportunity to name-call in any SD thread any of us who are also at PD post in, for the apparent purpose of forcing the thread to deteriorate into a flame war and getting it moved to IFU? I would not be at all surprised if this is something they've discussed, to tell the truth, because it happens pretty consistently, and I've put some pretty serious (3-4 paragraph) effort into making articulate, knowledgeable debate only to be called a "Nazi" or a "Troll" and seeing the thread go downhill from there.

Voicing a strong opinion that is not a direct personal attack on anyone should not be responded to with a direct personal attack, and if it does the attacker should be the one held accountable, not the person who voiced the strong opinion... however unpopular.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Can I take a moment to point out that Sister Faith and Daruko spare no opportunity to name-call in any SD thread any of us who are also at PD post in, for the apparent purpose of forcing the thread to deteriorate into a flame war and getting it moved to IFU? I would not be at all surprised if this is something they've discussed, to tell the truth, because it happens pretty consistently, and I've put some pretty serious (3-4 paragraph) effort into making articulate, knowledgeable debate only to be called a "Nazi" or a "Troll" and seeing the thread go downhill from there.

Voicing a strong opinion that is not a direct personal attack on anyone should not be responded to with a direct personal attack, and if it does the attacker should be the one held accountable, not the person who voiced the strong opinion... however unpopular.

Obviously. Sister Faith is just an ignorant troll hick from some dirtwater town in Ontario, and Daruko...well, he's just Daruko.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 03:05 AM
I suspect that their ultimate goal is the banning of one or more of the people who originally came here from PD.com. That means you, me, and Clark better watch our asses. :icon_lol:

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 03:22 AM
judging by the guest after his name some banning just happened..

The Laughing Man
May 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Well, have any of the mods done anything so serious as what happened in September recently?

They have now. And now it's going to be September all over again.

Pterodactyl Handler
May 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM

http://music06.m.u.pic.centerblog.net/lq0ldflh.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September)

Daruko
May 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
http://music06.m.u.pic.centerblog.net/lq0ldflh.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September)

Cain
May 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM

Eternal September, I hope :icon_cool:

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
And, as usual, anything resembling effort by anyone NOT physically attached to Scikky's arse goes straight to google chat.

Fallen and SF asked me to rant again, and I told them this would happen.

It's like clockwork. No more content from me, period. Just think of me as a diseased version of the Raven from Poe's poem.

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:47 PM
And, as usual, anything resembling effort by anyone NOT physically attached to Scikky's arse goes straight to google chat.

Fallen and SF asked me to rant again, and I told them this would happen.

It's like clockwork. No more content from me, period. Just think of me as a diseased version of the Raven from Poe's poem.
Welcome back to the ranks Roger. :D

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Welcome back to the ranks Roger. :D

Thanks. Glad to be back. I brought the fleas from the pound, though.

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks. Glad to be back. I brought the fleas from the pound, though.

It's cool, I've had my Advantix treatment this month.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
This still pisses me off to no fucking end. I get asked to rant again, I say no, because it'll just get moved to Google Chat, I get told it won't, so I rant.

And that pigfucker moves it to goddamn fucking google chat, because "it's about the board" (translation: I dared to question the mods).

Teach me, won't it? I'm a fucking sucker. Well, not likely to happen again, anyway.

fomenter
May 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
This still pisses me off to no fucking end. I get asked to rant again, I say no, because it'll just get moved to Google Chat, I get told it won't, so I rant.

And that pigfucker moves it to goddamn fucking google chat, because "it's about the board" (translation: I dared to question the mods).

Teach me, won't it? I'm a fucking sucker. Well, not likely to happen again, anyway.

there is no such thing as a serious discussion unless it is deemed to be so based on you approval rating with the moderators, any one the moderators dislike will be moved, your posts status as serious may vary from moderator to moderator or based on comments you make in other threads.

true yesterday and the day before and the day before that...still true today...

The Good Reverend Roger
May 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM
true yesterday and the day before and the day before that...still true today...

Yep. Not even moved to GD, which can have threads like "what are you eating", and similar bullshit.

Well, I made an honest effort. Now when Tsar, etc, whimpers about "people not contributing", I can just point here.

fomenter
May 19th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Yep. Not even moved to GD, which can have threads like "what are you eating", and similar bullshit.

Well, I made an honest effort. Now when Tsar, etc, whimpers about "people not contributing", I can just point here.didn't you see? while we were gone yesterday meaty creative contributions about Kitty's were submitted :icon_lol:

The Good Reverend Roger
May 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
didn't you see? while we were gone yesterday meaty creative contributions about Kitty's were submitted :icon_lol:

Yeah, I noticed that.

But that's because Daruko is fixed to Scikky's arse like a goddamn lamprey.

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM

:

You must be so proud.

Sorry mate, a few corrections again :D

I didn't invite Roger here - I invited all of the Discordians here. I thought we were ready for it. My mistake.

":Wallsy, SAVAGE, Geoff, Jon, Fallen Hero, Vexx, -۞-, Echo, Syberwolf"

I think that was me too -

Wallsy isn't my biggest fan. But then he's an arrogant cunt and I don't care.

Geoff got pissed because I didn't stand up for the mods when they were in the wrong

Jon Hill - dunno

Vexx graduates this year. I hope you send her congrats!

-۞- is one of my mates and is busy at the moment (or dead? Dan, you still banking with the best LOL)

Echo - pass

Syberwolf? No comment!

Paris Hilton
May 20th, 2009, 01:33 AM

I didn't invite Roger here - I invited all of the Discordians here. I thought we were ready for it. My mistake.

Geoff got pissed because I didn't stand up for the mods when they were in the wrong

Jon Hill - dunno

-۞- is one of my mates and is busy at the moment (or dead? Dan, you still banking with the best LOL)

Echo - pass

Syberwolf? No comment!

LOL, poor Tsar has the hardest time with facts. Talking like those posters were even active? Sybertwat? He was asked back to run gun on the PDers, I know, I was here. LOL! Wallsy? Who the fuch ever cared, especially Tsar. Same deal with SAVAGE.

"Dan, you still banking with the best" Ok, now my sides are hurting. :icon_lol:

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 20th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Vexx won't come back cause she is having fun.

I left at that time, so did rmw and others because the mods went nuts.

Daruko
May 20th, 2009, 01:48 AM
jonhill is still around i think

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 01:49 AM
"Dan, you still banking with the best" Ok, now my sides are hurting. :icon_lol:

I'm a bit concerned to be honest. He's been very quiet since the collapse of Lehman's.

Too quiet.

The Laughing Man
May 20th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Syberwolf deserved to be run off the board after his nazi mod bullshit. Scikidus has nothing on that guy. We did this board a favour.

Watching him flail around helplessly after we cut off his e-penis was especially hilarious.

I won't go into any details as to how we did that, but it's one of my proudest internet achievements. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/Smileys/default/thankyouthankyou.gif

Paris Hilton
May 20th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Vexx won't come back cause she is having fun.

I left at that time, so did rmw and others because the mods went nuts.
You and rmw may have left, but for how long?
Tsar is distorting the facts plain and simple. I'm not nor have I ever been a PDer nor have I tried to blame them for the shape this forum was/is in.

When they first came you may recall I thought it was hilarious how everybody got there panties all up in a bunch.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is don't blame anybody for what others do. mostly don't lie (tsar) to make it sound like someone stole your candy.

Paris Hilton
May 20th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I'm a bit concerned to be honest. He's been very quiet since the collapse of Lehman's.

Too quiet.
Yeah I know, I keep meaning to shoot him an email. He was at Disciples a couple of days ago though.
Probably has to work now, I don't think they did much of that before. :)

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 20th, 2009, 02:05 AM
We came back when loki fixed the mod problem, but the board was going before pd ever came.

Paris Hilton
May 20th, 2009, 02:11 AM
We came back when loki fixed the mod problem, but the board was going before pd ever came.
That's correct. All you have to do is read what lead up to Sept/08. That's all I was trying to say.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 20th, 2009, 02:40 AM

Jon Hill - dunno

Echo - pass

Syberwolf? No comment!

Yeah, Wallsy is a twat.

And I'm still pissed about this thread. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about earlier.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 20th, 2009, 02:41 AM
jonhill is still around i think

Yeah, he stops in every few weeks and gives me about 30 warnings.

Dolores
May 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, he stops in every few weeks and gives me about 30 warnings.

What a massive contributor!

Seriously, Loki, can the absentee mods/admins be removed of their mod/admin status? I just think it's bad news to have people who aren't even keeping up with the board having the ability to pop in at random intervals and screw with shit.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Seriously, Loki, can the absentee mods/admins be removed of their mod/admin status? I just think it's bad news to have people who aren't even keeping up with the board having the ability to pop in at random intervals and screw with shit.

All I can say is, after this thread, I am no longer writing content for this board, because I have no control over it. I had an idea for "Atheists and Christians Against Creeping Agnosticism, but fuck that. No matter what I write, it's at the whim of the LEAST fair-minded mod.

Dolores
May 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM
All I can say is, after this thread, I am no longer writing content for this board, because I have no control over it. I had an idea for "Atheists and Christians Against Creeping Agnosticism, but fuck that. No matter what I write, it's at the whim of the LEAST fair-minded mod.

That sounds great, I'd like to see you write it... maybe you can post it on PD? It's not as topical there, but I'd enjoy a chance to read it.

fomenter
May 20th, 2009, 04:47 PM
same here i would love to read it on pd.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 20th, 2009, 04:51 PM
That sounds great, I'd like to see you write it... maybe you can post it on PD? It's not as topical there, but I'd enjoy a chance to read it.

Sure. It'll lose a lot of it's impact there, though...But I can be reasonably certain someone won't bury it at the bottom of the cooking forum out of spite.

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM

Yeah - it's something I've not been too keen on doing Dolores but it does need doing.

About threads being moved to IFU. I wonder if a simple name change might help - instead of Serious Discussion change it to Serious Topics or something? Say, "Keep on topic for longer than other sections!" :D

Hell, we're not that serious are we? (Some like to think they are but I'm not that delusional).

This isn't Dickie Dawkins on-line :D

Dolores
May 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
What, functionally, is the difference between "Serious Discussion" and "Serious Topics"? What is "serious" is completely subjective, and that's the problem with mods moving threads they deem not "serious" enough.

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Yes, it's subjective, it can't be anything else. My serious is possibly very different to your serious.

Semantics I suppose, if I read "Serious Discussion" then I think of things like "This house believes all Yorkshiremen should run the world!" and the rules of debate are employed.

Not gonna work on-line and I'm happy about that. You could have a topic that's serious though - the debate doesn't have to be serious all of the time but if the topic is, perhaps folks might come back to it and stop moving threads when someone says something daft?

I'm not saying it's the way to go - just spouting crap again :D

Dolores
May 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM
As long as mods don't move topics for not matching up with their subjective definition of "serious", it doesn't matter.

I still think renaming is a better solution.

fomenter
May 20th, 2009, 11:17 PM
the mods habit of moving threads and the ass lick toady's habit of begging for thread moves is the reason for the name change, they have become a ingrained habit around here, and wont be likely to stop without some catalyst for the change. new names new section descriptions new start and see where it goes..

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 11:24 PM
As long as mods don't move topics for not matching up with their subjective definition of "serious", it doesn't matter.

OK in theory but the only solution is to write a set of rules regarding moderation of SD - I'm trying to move from moderation to self-regulation.

I still think renaming is a better solution.

I was 50% there then :D

fomenter
May 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM
yes add new rules to encourage self moderation to my list..
new names new section descriptions new start and see where it goes..

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
yes add new rules to encourage self moderation to my list..

Lost me mate, I'm not encouraging more rules. The opposite of.

fomenter
May 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM
OK in theory but the only solution is to write a set of rules regarding moderation of SD - I'm trying to move from moderation to self-regulation.

THIS

i didn't mean to confuse it,
less rules for posting, a self regulated custom of staying on and getting back on topic, and what you said...

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I'm half asleep and easily confused. And if it keeps raining like this I'm sourcing a few tons of Gopher wood :D

less rules for posting, a self regulated custom of staying on and getting back on topic

Ya - that's my aim but it's not going down too well.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 21st, 2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah - it's something I've not been too keen on doing Dolores but it does need doing.

About threads being moved to IFU. I wonder if a simple name change might help - instead of Serious Discussion change it to Serious Topics or something? Say, "Keep on topic for longer than other sections!" :D

Hell, we're not that serious are we? (Some like to think they are but I'm not that delusional).

This isn't Dickie Dawkins on-line :D

No. A name change will not help.

I wrote rants, they all went to IFU and google chat to die. Then I get told "write again, we won't move them". So I write. Then they move them.

Well, the mods had their little joke, and I will never write for this board again. Period.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 21st, 2009, 12:46 AM

That depends. Is the person writing kissing Scikky's arse?

fomenter
May 21st, 2009, 01:00 AM
it may come down to that, if mods wont change there tune and leave posts (and posters) alone the mods need to be removed.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 21st, 2009, 01:10 AM
Yes, it's subjective, it can't be anything else. My serious is possibly very different to your serious.

Which means topics will continue to be banished at the whim of the mods.

Same old shit.

Loki
May 21st, 2009, 01:38 AM
Which means topics will continue to be banished at the whim of the mods.

Same old shit.

I agree with you but the more you go on about it the more I'm tempted to kick it off.

Look, I'm trying here. If I'm not up to your fucking standard then boo cunting hoo!

I do what I can, when I can. I'm not on-line 24/7 and I'm not planning to be so in the future.

And I've got a fucking headache! :(

Dolores
May 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM
I agree with you but the more you go on about it the more I'm tempted to kick it off.

Look, I'm trying here. If I'm not up to your fucking standard then boo cunting hoo!

I do what I can, when I can. I'm not on-line 24/7 and I'm not planning to be so in the future.

If you're going ignore user suggestions because they wanted it too much, or because you're cranky and feel like giving a petty answer because you can, keep your power trip and go ahead and screw over your board and all its users until there's nobody left and no content worth reading.

If you AGREE then you could have shut everyone up by saying "I agree with you, let's come up with some sub names and I'll change it when I have the time". (Speaking of which, I offered a list of sub suggestions, which everyone who responded liked. Ask Goofy if you didn't see it.)

Instead you played headgames and made everyone keep trying to convince you until all of a sudden it was "the more you go on about it the more I'm tempted to kick it off."

Are you kidding me?

I no longer have any reason to make suggestions or try to help this board at all. It can die for all I care.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 21st, 2009, 03:30 AM

Look, all I want is for threads to not get fucked with.

Anyone can tell the difference between a "we need more Abba" thread, and a serious attempt at a serious thread.

Make the mods LEAVE THE SERIOUS ATTEMPTS ALONE. They're here to moderate, not make value decisions or be fucking literary critics.

Who the fuck CARES if there's a "more appropriate" place for a thread? I mean, other than anal retentive retards with a severe case of author-envy?

JUST LEAVE THE FUCKING THREADS BE, YOU FUCKING SPAGS.

Goddammit.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 21st, 2009, 03:48 AM
If you're going ignore user suggestions because they wanted it too much, or because you're cranky and feel like giving a petty answer because you can, keep your power trip and go ahead and screw over your board and all its users until there's nobody left and no content worth reading.

If you AGREE then you could have shut everyone up by saying "I agree with you, let's come up with some sub names and I'll change it when I have the time". (Speaking of which, I offered a list of sub suggestions, which everyone who responded liked. Ask Goofy if you didn't see it.)

Instead you played headgames and made everyone keep trying to convince you until all of a sudden it was "the more you go on about it the more I'm tempted to kick it off."

Are you kidding me?

I no longer have any reason to make suggestions or try to help this board at all. It can die for all I care.

make me admin for a day if you don't wanna do the work but it would have to be a day planed ahead of time and thursdays work best.

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 05:46 AM
JUST LEAVE THE FUCKING THREADS BE, YOU FUCKING SPAGS.
A free-for-all is complete lunacy and PD doesn't operate that way either. If you put recipes in chaotic literate or whatever, publish rants in the cooking section, start flamebait threads in propaganda depository, start threads about your personal life, job at the refinery, or health or whatever outside of apple talk, each on of those cases WILL get moved at PD as well.

This is VERY basic, very common sense forum stuff here. Like I think Rimmer said, no other board I've been a member of has a problem with banning ppl who post porn or spam and moving threads placed in the wrong areas, INCLUDING PD.

rzm61
May 21st, 2009, 05:50 AM
Yeah seriously. WTF mate, threads get moved. Get over yourself.

fomenter
May 21st, 2009, 05:58 AM
A free-for-all is complete lunacy and PD operate that way either. If you put recipes in chaotic literate or whatever, publish rants in the cooking section, start flamebait threads in propaganda depository, start threads about your personal life, job at the refinery, or health or whatever outside of apple talk, each on of those cases WILL get moved at PD as well.

This is VERY basic, very common sense forum stuff here. Like I think Rimmer said, no other board I've been a member of has a problem with banning ppl who post porn or spam and moving threads placed in the wrong areas, INCLUDING PD.
dumb ass this isn't about the simple mod functions that keep a place running smooth, or the necessary legal mod functions that keep the owners out of jail. and nobody is saying those shouldn't exist (pay attention please)

you are not even close, this is about a forum section with a definition that is completely subjective and dysfunctional, being abused by a few power happy mods, using it as an excuse to fuck with people and ideas they don't like. and no good or high quality forum runs that way, so please STFU if you cant follow the adults conversation...

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 06:19 AM
dumb ass

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt62/Sir_Lawl_alot/the_cat_is_pushing_a_watermelon_out.jpg?t=1242883152

fomenter
May 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
dumb ass .
way to focus on the relevant part of the argument
http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt62/Sir_Lawl_alot/the_cat_is_pushing_a_watermelon_out.jpg?t=1242883152
and provide proof that you are indeed a dumb ass

Daruko
May 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM
the first two words of your post were enough for me to figure that no valid argument would follow, and then i saw that cat... the rest is history.

okay, lemme give it a second look.

this isn't about the simple mod functions that keep a place running smooth, or the necessary legal mod functions that keep the owners out of jail. and nobody is saying those shouldn't exist (pay attention please) Well could you define "simple mod functions"? So far, it seems like what is being suggested is that: It's not okay to move any threads, it's not okay to merge dozens of threads about the exact same thing posted within minutes of each other, it is okay to start ignoring categories altogether and post anything anywhere on the forum, and it is not okay for mods/ops to ask ppl to respect the context of the threads they post in... What ARE acceptable "simple mod functions", aside from banning ppl you don't like who have posted neither pr0n nor spam (yuo voted to ban me)? And why do you seem to have a different standard here than you do at PD about just about everything. I read someone say on the CoG thread on PD that I (talking about me) don't get it, because I think you operate by teh same standards here as you would on your own forum, and thus this person believes I don't really understand what trolling is. Is that a sentiment you share?

Mostly I have always believed that you are only here to troll and haven't the slightest interest in producing good content, except to confuse the way ppl perceive you. All the complaints about threads being moved mostly have to do with OBVIOUS FLAMEBAIT THREADS. Subjective my ass. Roger is in the habit now of regularly restating publicly that he "will not" post good content here. The one thing I have appreciated about my experience with PD is that some of you have helped me to become a much more cynical Discordian than I was before, and I'm fond of that cynicism. But I'd love to believe you are something other than what you have appeared.

I know this will get me flamed with accusations of perpetual butthurt, but it is nevertheless relevant while attempting to explain the holes in your complaints, arguments, and accusations ITT.
How can all the PDers here not only support banning me here, but continue to support my permaban from PD, based solely on the fact that you dislike me, and yet call someone intolerant for banning TGRR for 2 days, during which he still had the ability to spam up a zillion threads in the guest room threatening the site. You do realize how many times PD has defended my permaban because I "threatened" the site after being banned for a womp (which received praise).

I'm taking more time here than I usually would to explain the events I've perceived which have influenced my viewpoint on your intentions here in teh past. This pretty much leads in to my next question, which is: If someone came to PD and posted their first hundreds of posts mostly flaming a few users and mods they dislike on PD, and stated quite plainly on numerous occasions that they were only on PD to troll and shit on people, and had no intentions on ever contributing to the forum, and then they kept this up over months at a time, can you honestly claim to me they'd have made it HALF that far before being warned and banned upon further violation of basic forum standards? How about if almost ten people did it? I think there are actually 13 PDers here now, give or take a sock puppet, but some have tried to contribute. What if almost ten people registered at PD at once, and upon their first few posts declared that PD sucks, the mods suck, the users are stupid kids, and they have the solution to fix it, which is to put them in charge... followed by months of participation in a resulting forum wide flamewar? How long would you personally endorse their continued posting, if they posted just as much of that kind of stuff as has been posted here?

you are not even close, this is about a forum section with a definition that is completely subjective and dysfunctional, being abused by a few power happy mods, using it as an excuse to fuck with people and ideas they don't like. and no good or high quality forum runs that way, so please STFU if you cant follow the adults conversation...we just have diff views on this. i think it was fine before, because no one was trying to take it literally. 95% of the material I personally saw moved to the IFU were flamebait threads targeting non-PD users.

It's almost impossible to discuss what really has or has not occurred w/out sounding like I'm laying blame. I care less and less every day about blame. Yes, I think you and many of your friends are to blame, and I have taken a number of opportunities today to attempt to correct what I believe to be false statements, whether they be intentionally so or not, so that hopefully our conversation can achieve the potential to perpetuate LESS insult contests and dogpiling. But I AM also to blame. And so is much of the forum for allowing the shitfest to go on for so long, including members that specifically left because of the fighting, yet didn't speak their mind about it. Admins and Mods used to tell people all the time to keep certain shit out of SD, and most of us here at that time not only approved, but enjoyed that aspect, because it allowed a coherent conversation. Whatever the cause, since the recent state of things, almost every disagreement is now an insult contest, rather than an intellectual debate. And then I've heard people turn around and say that before PD came we were nothing but a bunch of /b/tards. I see it the other way around. I see us becoming more like 4chan every day until we can find some way to treat each other with more respect. I'd like to believe that's NOT what you want. I'd love to get along with everyone from PD. Again, I know I've caused problems too, but I don't even remember you from PD, yuo know that fomenter? I have encountered so many PDers that troll me as soon as they hear my name. I've never been fucked with on PD under other names, unless i told people it was me, never been fucked with on IRC unless I told people it was me, and when I came to the CoG, most everyone here was and has just been fine with me, DESPITE "Rimidalv" posting propaganda against me (which was very very funny). From my position, how do you suppose that looks?

EDIT: also this whole "serious" thing isn't even an issue... tons of people have loved the "advanced search" idea you came up with fomenter, and everyone has had good chances to give input and approval/disapproval for changes currrently being prepared for implementation.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
No. A name change will not help.

I wrote rants, they all went to IFU and google chat to die. Then I get told "write again, we won't move them". So I write. Then they move them.

Well, the mods had their little joke, and I will never write for this board again. Period.

Why are you getting so butthurt over thread moving? I'm not trying to be snarky, I genuinely can not understand why you are complaining so much about a thread being moved.

Oh, and compulsory INTERNETS IS SRS BUSINESS

Clark Nova
May 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Please stop trying to register to the principia darkuro.
We don't want you. And this place certainly doesn't deserve to be inflicted with your presence.

Loki
May 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM

Are you kidding me?

I was in the wrong to snap like that. It had nothing to do with anyone on the site and I apologise. Genuinely apologise.

Sorry.
David

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 03:40 AM
Yeah seriously. WTF mate, threads get moved. Get over yourself.

No.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 03:41 AM
Why are you getting so butthurt over thread moving? I'm not trying to be snarky, I genuinely can not understand why you are complaining so much about a thread being moved.

Oh, and compulsory INTERNETS IS SRS BUSINESS

Okay, YOU spend an hour ranting, then watch your thread get banished to google chat to die, simply because a mod has a case of the ass at you.

Then let me know what you aren't understanding.

Also, go choke on a dick. Put me back on ignore now, please.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 03:44 AM
A free-for-all is complete lunacy and PD doesn't operate that way either. If you put recipes in chaotic literate or whatever, publish rants in the cooking section, start flamebait threads in propaganda depository, start threads about your personal life, job at the refinery, or health or whatever outside of apple talk, each on of those cases WILL get moved at PD as well.

Daruko, if the PDers started arguing against cannibalism, you'd argue that Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't that bad of a guy.

Your arguments are about as interesting and valid as a Bill O'Reilly broadcast.

End of story. Go stalk someone else you're "ignoring". Thanks.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
How can all the PDers here not only support banning me here, but continue to support my permaban from PD, based solely on the fact that you dislike me, and yet call someone intolerant for banning TGRR for 2 days, during which he still had the ability to spam up a zillion threads in the guest room threatening the site.

As you will remember, I opposed your ban...and you used that to fuck me over.

So of course I support your ban. You have only one agenda, and that's to cause as much drama as you can. That's why you're here.

Dolores
May 22nd, 2009, 04:21 AM
I was in the wrong to snap like that. It had nothing to do with anyone on the site and I apologise. Genuinely apologise.

Sorry.
David

Wow. You've impressed me, a lot, with this. Thank you! Apology accepted.

Dolores
May 22nd, 2009, 04:22 AM
Can I make a suggestion? Perhaps the OP, which was a rant, can be put back in SD where it was intended to go, and the rest of the thread can be left here.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 22nd, 2009, 04:59 AM
Will do!

rzm61
May 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM
I will never write for this board again. Period.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 05:21 AM

See if I do.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 05:39 AM
Daruko, if the PDers started arguing against cannibalism, you'd argue that Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't that bad of a guy.

Your arguments are about as interesting and valid as a Bill O'Reilly broadcast.

End of story. Go stalk someone else you're "ignoring". Thanks.
Yet, if what you say if true, why do you not have rational rebuttals to my arguments? All you can do is insult them, because you obviously don't have a solid refutations.

As you will remember, I opposed your ban...and you used that to fuck me over.
My perception was that you started saying the second part when you got back in the mood to treat me like a piece of shit anyway, just for kicks. I never perceived any intention on my part to fuck you over during the period.
So of course I support your ban. You have only one agenda, and that's to cause as much drama as you can. That's why you're here.
I wasn't causing drama before you came back, and you've done much to pass the buck onto me for your drama. You made every bit as much of a fuss over your 2 day ban and you have relentlessly criticized me in making for a permaban. You also always say you didn't enforce that ban, but the warning I was banned for questioning came from you.. so WTF?

As far as me 'only being at the cog to cause drama'... I wasn't caught up in drama until I trolled some ppl trolling here... which wouldn't have been a problem if those particular people hadn't already had a hard on for me. Before PD showed back up, I certainly wasn't the center of attention for the board. And people didn't mind what you call "livejournal posts" either. It's very hypocritical to flame posts about personal stuff like surgery and pets, when you and your friends posts the same kinda stuff all the time at PD. If I attack you, I'm sinister, if I ignore you I'm sinister, If I reason with you I'm sinister, if I assure you I only wish to let things be as they are, be fairly at peace in teh forum, let us all have free speech, and stop teh flamewarring, I'm sinister. You go back and forth all the time. You're here to fix things. You're here to destroy. You're here with solutions. You're gonna burn the place down. You're accusing me of causing drama, and you keep starting new drama threads. When I try to post friendly or even semi-interesting, entertaining, or funny things on the board, you are currently ridiculing, mocking, and making personal attacks and threats. Even now, as you make me out a non-contributor, we're within a few posts of:
I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting, no matter what I do, the drama always seems to revolve around and be driven by you. That's why I keep asking you to stop the attacks.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 05:42 AM
Yet, if what you say if true, why do you not have rational rebuttals to my arguments? All you can do is insult them, because you obviously don't have a solid refutations.

That's one possible reason. The other is that I fucking genuinely hate you, and don't care what you have to say. I hardly every even read your drivel. I just post stock responses learned during your brief stay at PD.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 05:43 AM
My perception was that you started saying the second part when you got back in the mood to treat me like a piece of shit anyway, just for kicks. I never perceived any intention on my part to fuck you over during the period.

No, that shit you slung on IRC was just being FRIENDLY, right?

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 05:52 AM
No, that shit you slung on IRC was just being FRIENDLY, right?
I don't know what shit you're talking about, maybe it even occurred, but how long does it take to move on? You don't appreciate apologies from me... you usually wipe your ass with them and try to throw them back in my face. So I haven't bothered to apologize to you anymore, although I do sometimes try to reason with you again. Reasoning with someone who has had the same unquestioned fix impression of your intentions for over a year is pretty damn near impossible.

Dolores
May 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Man, Roger was one of the last and most dogged people to stick up for you on PD, I don't know why you treat him, or everyone else who opposed your banning, like this. I even opposed your banning, and you were a real dick to me multiple times.

Cain
May 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
I supported the ban from the start, and indeed enacted it :D Amazing how I get less shit for that than Rog and Dolores (who initially opposed it) do. Its almost like....Daruko is some sort of deranged nutter who lashes out at random, because he is delusional and cannot tell potential allies from enemies.

Loki
May 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Daruko - you obviously have a problem with some of the members here.

I suggest you take it to IFU. Thanks!

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Wait a min... "This is BULLSHIT" is not in the IFU? :icon_eek:

Pardon me folks... I'll just help myself out the back door here. ;)

fomenter
May 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM

more flame bait, keep going daruko, make it perfectly clear who is trying to restart the battles...
Daruko - you obviously have a problem with some of the members here.

I suggest you take it to IFU. Thanks!

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
more flame bait, keep going daruko, make it perfectly clear who is trying to restart the battles...
What? Okay, how about we establish the context of this thread, or has it been finished, and should it prepared for derailment?

The Laughing Man
May 22nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
Daruko

This message is hidden because Daruko is on your ignore list.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Why are you flamebaiting me? :icon_cry:

fomenter
May 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
What? Okay, how about we establish the context of this thread, or has it been finished, and should it prepared for derailment?
roger wrote a rant and posted it, the rant was about mods moving threads and it got moved, a kind and benevolent mod moved the rant portion of the thread back where it belongs, this is a google chat discussion about modding practices that belongs in google chat except for the parts you have turned into a fight with tgrr over your drama about yourself...

The Laughing Man
May 22nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Pretty sure you're the only person still replying to Daruko's flamebait. It'd be cool if you'd stop reminding me of his existence, TIA.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
So you are saying the appropriate discussion in this thread is a google chat discussion about modding practices?

Clark Nova
May 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I can look into creating a greasemonkey script that will completely remove the posts of people on ignore if people would like one.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Pretty sure you're the only person still replying to Daruko's flamebait. It'd be cool if you'd stop reminding me of his existence, TIA.
this is a google chat discussion about modding practices.
please pm off topic discussions

The Laughing Man
May 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I can look into creating a greasemonkey script that will completely remove the posts of people on ignore if people would like one.

That'd be cool. I use Opera myself, but it usually isn't difficult to modify simple greasemonkey scripts like that to work in Opera.

Dolores
May 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM

That would be awesome! It would be like they don't even exist.

Loki
May 22nd, 2009, 09:48 PM

And flamebait is what?

sudikics
May 22nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
See, when you start talking about programming, I get excited.

I've started working on a bookmarklet to do something like this. I inspected the source code for this page and this was the result:

javascript:x=prompt("Post%20number:",%20"");%20n=0;element=document.getElementById("edit"+x);alert(element.style.display='none');

Paste that into your browser, hit enter, enter in the post number you want to delete, and it'll disappear.

Toggling version in the works, along with more streamlined functionality (e.g. no alert).

The Laughing Man
May 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
And flamebait is what?

Troll posts designed to provoke a desired reaction from certain people.

This is where I added him to my ignore list:

I'm pretty much finished with him, so you don't have to worry about anymore Daruko-induced drama from me.

sudikics
May 22nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Toggling function added:

javascript:x=prompt("Post%20number:",%20"");%20n=0;element=document.getElementById("edit"+x).style;if(element.display=='none'){alert(element.display='inline')}else{alert (element.display='none')};

The Laughing Man
May 22nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Can you make a script that automatically hides all the posts of one person?

Loki
May 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Troll posts designed to provoke a desired reaction from certain people.

This is where I added him to my ignore list:

I'm pretty much finished with him, so you don't have to worry about anymore Daruko-induced drama from me.

Don't worry, I'm not picking on you TLM :D It was half in jest.

sudikics
May 23rd, 2009, 12:26 AM
Can you make a script that automatically hides all the posts of one person?
I've done it! Enter the user number in the prompt, and watch their posts disappear. Type in their number again to ahev them appear again.

(Note: the script may run slowly at times. You may need to abort. This is still in testing stages.)

javascript:function%20Poster(postnum){h=document.getElementById("postmenu_"+postnum);if(h==null){return 0};for(j=52;j<h.innerHTML.length;j++){if(h.innerHTML.substring(j,j+1)==">"){return(h.innerHTML.substring(52,j-1));break;}}};function%20Toggle(postnum){element=document.getElementById("edit"+postnum).style;if(element.display=='none'){alert(element.display='inline')}else {alert(element.display='none')}};x=prompt("User%20number:",%20"");p=document.getElementById("posts").innerHTML;for(i=p.substring(11,17);i<p.substring(p.length-35,p.length-29)+1;i++){if(x==''){Toggle(i)}if(Poster(i)==x){Toggle(i)}};

Dolores
May 23rd, 2009, 02:14 AM
I've done it! Enter the user number in the prompt, and watch their posts disappear. Type in their number again to ahev them appear again.

(Note: the script may run slowly at times. You may need to abort. This is still in testing stages.)

javascript:function%20Poster(postnum){h=document.getElementById("postmenu_"+postnum);if(h==null){return 0};for(j=52;j<h.innerHTML.length;j++){if(h.innerHTML.substring(j,j+1)==">"){return(h.innerHTML.substring(52,j-1));break;}}};function%20Toggle(postnum){element=document.getElementById("edit"+postnum).style;if(element.display=='none'){alert(element.display='inline')}else {alert(element.display='none')}};x=prompt("User%20number:",%20"");p=document.getElementById("posts").innerHTML;for(i=p.substring(11,17);i<p.substring(p.length-35,p.length-29)+1;i++){if(x==''){Toggle(i)}if(Poster(i)==x){Toggle(i)}};

VERY cool!

sudikics
May 23rd, 2009, 02:20 AM
Does it work for other people? I'm also thinking about a version where you type the username, instead of the number. However, that's a tad more processor intensive.

The Laughing Man
May 23rd, 2009, 02:35 AM
I tried it with Daruko's user number and this (http://i43.tinypic.com/35b7bd0.jpg) happened.

Probably something to do with Opera though, I'm not sure.

sudikics
May 23rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
It looks like the "User is ignored" text field being outside the post div. I'll see what I can do.

Clark Nova
May 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
It looks like the "User is ignored" text field being outside the post div. I'll see what I can do.
Thank you, it would be awesome to have. in firefox it blocked me getting at the css.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 23rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
I don't know what shit you're talking about, maybe it even occurred, but how long does it take to move on? You don't appreciate apologies from me... you usually wipe your ass with them and try to throw them back in my face. So I haven't bothered to apologize to you anymore, although I do sometimes try to reason with you again. Reasoning with someone who has had the same unquestioned fix impression of your intentions for over a year is pretty damn near impossible.

Not really, Daruko. What happens is that you apologize, and then when everyone accepts your apology, you immediately do your best to fuck everyone over.

I've simply found that it's easier to just not acknowledge your apologies as anything other than the cynical tactic they are.

sudikics
May 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you, it would be awesome to have. in firefox it blocked me getting at the css.
FF blocked CSS alteration? Weird. Again, I'll look into it, but first I have to choose a user to ignore temporarily. :D

The Good Reverend Roger
May 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
See, when you start talking about programming, I get excited.

Annnnnd...nobody cares.

Clark Nova
May 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Dolores, TLM...
me. Not having to see darkuros name any more would be a good idea.

sudikics
May 24th, 2009, 03:22 PM
If you want to customize it so it just removes one user, use this:

javascript:function%20Poster(postnum){h=document.getElementById("postmenu_"+postnum);if(h==null){return%200};for(j=52;j<h.innerHTML.length;j++){if(h.innerHTML.substring(j,j+1)==">"){return(h.innerHTML.substring(52,j-1));break;}}};function%20Toggle(postnum){element=document.getElementById("edit"+postnum).style;if(element.display=='none'){alert(element.display='inline')}else {alert(element.display='none')}};x=(insert user # here);p=document.getElementById("posts").innerHTML;for(i=p.substring(11,17);i<p.substring(p.length-35,p.length-29)+1;i++){if(Poster(i)==x){Toggle(i)}};

Clark Nova
May 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
If you want to customize it so it just removes one user, use this:

:( not working for me, I think it might be because I am on a mac.

Dolores
May 24th, 2009, 04:13 PM
me. Not having to see darkuros name any more would be a good idea.

Yeah, if it could just make it as if Daruko/Nosferatu just didn't exist for me, that would be great.

sudikics
May 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM
:( not working for me, I think it might be because I am on a mac.
Actually, it doesn't seem to work for me either. I'll work on it when I have the time; right now, homework calls.

CipPep
July 19th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Way isnt even worthy enough to be talked about in this forum. perhaps a scene kid forum would be more fitting