View Full Version : Some thoughts on banning

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 03:13 AM
After the flamefest that started in SD earlier tonight, I started to wonder about the ultimate goal of those who persist in responding to me, and others, with personal attacks, ridiculous flames, and image-spamming even in SD and other non-IFU threads.

I think that the ultimate goal is to bait anyone associated with PD.com into getting banned, or at least to bait one or two of them into losing their temper and getting banned, to serve as a "warning" to everyone else.

I think this is reprehensible, pathetic, obsessive, and insecure, and I sincerely hope the moderation team doesn't play into their hands. However, by the fact that so far the mod team appears to be utterly unconcerned by the actions of the two (and ONLY two) people here who seem utterly intent on avoiding reasonable conversation, I am not terribly optimistic on that front.

I just wanted to get my suspicions on the table, and start a dialog about what's going on here.

sudikics
May 17th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Moved to appropriate forum. (Sincerely: we're talking about Googlism, no?)

See my global announcement.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 03:26 AM
OK, I can respect this move... but have you looked at SD lately? It looks gutted. What are new users going to think?

Anyway, I got the message from Roger that, indeed, you banned him. And this is the reason:

You have been banned for the following reason:
I gave you a final warning. You posted another pic anyway. That makes you a bona fide spammer. Goodbye.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Seriously? Spamming?

I've been on all evening and have yet to see this "spamming". Maybe it's in the threads I haven't got to yet. My real question is why TGRR gets these warnings, and a banning, when other users who have replied to people's posts with images repeatedly haven't?

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 03:54 AM
my guess is TGRR is good at it (pic spam) the others who started it are not TGRR is hated and outspoken and the ones who stared it are ass kissers.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM
So it's basically a popularity contest. Teacher's pet does what they want, and when they point and cry, whoever they point at gets sent to Detention. Or, in this case, expelled.

Daruko
May 17th, 2009, 07:08 AM
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

DrM
May 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM
The differance is that the pictures had no relation with the actual discussion. In my eyes, posting pictures is fine.
As long as those pictures have a valid reason for being there. (e.g. making a point.)
O and dolores, who has personally attacked anyone? link please?
Also, hate to play devils advocate, but im just gonna look at this from a different side here:
Were these attacks on you completely unprovoked? was there really nothing you did to spur them on?

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Read the thread about scientist ethics, and then read the thread that was split from it.

Also, I'm not going to go thread-diving, but Daruko has without provocation (other than not liking my posting style) called me a troll and a slut in the last few weeks, and quoted my posts from PD here solely to stir shit. Not in IFU, though the threads were moved there after he succeeded in derailing them.

Also, Roger's picture posts were relevant in the threads he posted them in, and stopped being relevant after they were moved.

DrM
May 17th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Ok so once again it all boils down to Daruko.
Damn.

Ill check out the picture posts. Thanks.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Damn.

Ill check out the picture posts. Thanks.

You asked about the unprovoked personal insults... the only ones I can remember came from him and Sister Faith.

Daruko
May 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Damn.
I MASTERMINDED IT ALL!
IT'S A SOCIOLOGICAL EXPERIMENT!
\
http://www.clubhousewreckards.com/images/madscientist.jpg

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
parrot

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I MASTERMINDED IT ALL!
IT'S A SOCIOLOGICAL EXPERIMENT!
\
http://www.clubhousewreckards.com/images/madscientist.jpg

It certainly seems that way, from what I've seen. Try to laugh it off, but you were the one who deliberately crossposted to and from PD when I came back, trying to get people to turn against me. It certainly LOOKS like you were trying to stir up an interforum war.