View Full Version : Should sudikics step down?

The Laughing Man
May 17th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Based on his recent actions, I figure we should put this to a vote. What with this being a democracy and all that.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I absolutely think he should. If a replacement mod is needed, I suggest rzm, Rimmer, or Cain, even though Cain rarely posts.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 04:44 AM
in answer to the question yes

Daruko
May 17th, 2009, 06:48 AM
THIS ISN'T A FUCKING DEMOCRACY. THIS IS A FORUM.
GOOD RIDDANCE, TGRR. I HOPE YOU'RE NEXT OUT THE DOOR. :D

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM
THIS ISN'T A FUCKING DEMOCRACY. THIS IS A FORUM.
GOOD RIDDANCE, TGRR. I HOPE YOU'RE NEXT OUT THE DOOR. :D

Really, troll-boy?

Cain
May 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I suggest rzm, Rimmer, or Cain, even though Cain rarely posts.

Mainly because, after PD, TV Tropes and my own blog, I rarely have time for anything else. That and I suspect the things I post in those places are probably not suitable for here, and because I tend to agree with TGRR's assessment that anything which involves time and effort will be either hijacked or moved and ignored.

Daruko's actually half right, but again, he display's his own shortcomings and crippling personal issues. Sites are not democracies, they're dictatorships, that is correct (set aside for the moment that this totally undermines Daruko's hilarious whining about his PD banning). However, if they want to be good sites which attract posters and generate quality material, they must necessarily be enlightened dictatorships with a broad base of support. In other words, unless you want what is essentially a blog, you have to take into account the fact a site is also a social setting, and that if people believe they are getting a raw deal, that the social setting is skewed too much in the favour of certain interest groups and that interfere's with the day to day administration of the site, they're going to leave. Barriers to exit are pretty low, after all.

Its funny, you know...I actually managed to turn PD from a 6 poster internet ghost town into a relatively successful forum. A short influx of new people after the coup helped, but it turned from wasteland to a site where nearly 50 people a day are posting in less than a year. And it wasn't hard. In fact, it was absurdly easy.

But the thing is, it required the slate to be wiped clean, in administrative terms, for that to happen. The Mgt stepped down and the WSotTC/HIMEOBS, who had often been cast in the roles of the forum rebels, took over. Maybe because we were more used to having the short end of the stick, we had a better understanding of the limits of power and how it could be counterproductive in many situations. Anyhow, that's how it went down, I'm sure most people posting ITT know the story, but I repeat it for the benefit of the COG crew.

Now, barring an act of God (site owner), there isn't going to be a resolution here. This site is not going to be successful, its not going to attract calibre posters and its going to continue to be a flamefest, circling the bowl of irrevelancy. The problems, as I am fond of repeating, are structural. You have people capable of producing content, who feel marginalised or ignored. You have people who I personally wouldn't trust running a hotdog stand, and with all the charm and tact of Ghenghis Khan on PCP, running the site. You have people in the middle who feel this site isn't worth the effort of stepping into the daily verbal equivalent of a warzone.

And that's how its going to play out. Its going to totally break down, because the only options that are available are leave, flame or be a mod. No other choice is rewarded. And that's why without a complete overhaul, nothing will change.

It's pretty simple, when you apply some thought. But of course, that doesn't really happen here too much.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll286/Phalanxia/BWUH.jpg

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll286/Phalanxia/BWUH.jpg

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/image.php?u=2816&dateline=1221325724

sudikics
May 17th, 2009, 09:45 PM
So, if I may sample the waters, how is general public opinion about me right now?

Daruko
May 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
This poll is ridiculous. Name ONE user you miss that has left this board because I personally offended or harassed them. Name ONE user you miss that left this board because Scikidus personally offended them, or Sister Faith, or Tsar, or whoever else TGRR's squad is trying to debase and slander this week. Now... How many users (missed by anyone on the board) can we think of that left because of the constant trolling and flaming from Roger and his little crew of internet gangstas? Hmm.... :icon_rolleyes:

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 10:02 PM
So, if I may sample the waters, how is general public opinion about me right now?
you are kinda incompetent and very inconsistent with the way you are modding stuff.
So not much worse as forum moderators go.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Mainly because, after PD, TV Tropes and my own blog, I rarely have time for anything else. That and I suspect the things I post in those places are probably not suitable for here, and because I tend to agree with TGRR's assessment that anything which involves time and effort will be either hijacked or moved and ignored.

Daruko's actually half right, but again, he display's his own shortcomings and crippling personal issues. Sites are not democracies, they're dictatorships, that is correct (set aside for the moment that this totally undermines Daruko's hilarious whining about his PD banning). However, if they want to be good sites which attract posters and generate quality material, they must necessarily be enlightened dictatorships with a broad base of support. In other words, unless you want what is essentially a blog, you have to take into account the fact a site is also a social setting, and that if people believe they are getting a raw deal, that the social setting is skewed too much in the favour of certain interest groups and that interfere's with the day to day administration of the site, they're going to leave. Barriers to exit are pretty low, after all.

Its funny, you know...I actually managed to turn PD from a 6 poster internet ghost town into a relatively successful forum. A short influx of new people after the coup helped, but it turned from wasteland to a site where nearly 50 people a day are posting in less than a year. And it wasn't hard. In fact, it was absurdly easy.

But the thing is, it required the slate to be wiped clean, in administrative terms, for that to happen. The Mgt stepped down and the WSotTC/HIMEOBS, who had often been cast in the roles of the forum rebels, took over. Maybe because we were more used to having the short end of the stick, we had a better understanding of the limits of power and how it could be counterproductive in many situations. Anyhow, that's how it went down, I'm sure most people posting ITT know the story, but I repeat it for the benefit of the COG crew.

Now, barring an act of God (site owner), there isn't going to be a resolution here. This site is not going to be successful, its not going to attract calibre posters and its going to continue to be a flamefest, circling the bowl of irrevelancy. The problems, as I am fond of repeating, are structural. You have people capable of producing content, who feel marginalised or ignored. You have people who I personally wouldn't trust running a hotdog stand, and with all the charm and tact of Ghenghis Khan on PCP, running the site. You have people in the middle who feel this site isn't worth the effort of stepping into the daily verbal equivalent of a warzone.

And that's how its going to play out. Its going to totally break down, because the only options that are available are leave, flame or be a mod. No other choice is rewarded. And that's why without a complete overhaul, nothing will change.

It's pretty simple, when you apply some thought. But of course, that doesn't really happen here too much.

Needs to be repeated for those who didn't bother to read it the first time.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 11:18 PM

sikicy
roger wanted me to tell you he thinks that you are the next Martin Bormann

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM
How about as a regular poster?
So so. Could do with more signal to noise if you know what I mean.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Scikky should not step down.

He should be loudly and publicly fired.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 11:58 PM
maybe in a moment of rational thinking, he will permanent ban daurko and resign before the villagers start setting up the trebuchet

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 12:15 AM
:icon_rolleyes:

Dolores
May 18th, 2009, 12:18 AM
rzm, I am sincere when I say that I think you would do a better job as a mod. Not even in a "damning with faint praise" way... I really think you would be decent.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 12:21 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/darukomakaruto/pdtrolls.jpg
:icon_rolleyes:

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 12:23 AM
ITT, Dauko acts like he's a member of the community. :icon_lol:

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 12:37 AM
rzm, I am sincere when I say that I think you would do a better job as a mod. Not even in a "damning with faint praise" way... I really think you would be decent.

Dolores...I am a mod.

But regardless, thank you.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 12:37 AM
It'll be interesting to see if even one non-PD member votes yes.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 12:40 AM
It'll be interesting to see if even one non-PD member votes yes.

Agreed.

fomenter
May 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM
i would too, the amount of support for letting the board die from lack of free and intelligent discussions and heavy handed moderation is surprising to say the least,

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Well, he's certainly stepped down...
Did he flounce?

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Wow. 8 and 8 now. So far, it appears the only people who think Sciki was a bad mod are all from PD, and despite their continued insistence on being taken as individuals, every one of them did exactly the same thing, again.

Current Events, ITT.

I wonder why we only seem to have problems when those 8 people are around, and during the period after they left the first time and before they came back, the forum was doing so well. It's especially miraculous considering that I was a member during that time, and somehow the CoG seemed to get along without 30+ flamebait threads a day.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:51 AM
He's banned.
WHY is he banned? Who banned him?

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Oh I see. Well that's kinda silly, but I guess whatever works for him.
I just aced all my finals... well I got all A's anyway. Not bad for being in pain and all vicodined up for the last couple weeks. :D

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 02:38 AM
HAHA! Charles Manson joined in with the PD mob.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 18th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I absolutely think he should. If a replacement mod is needed, I suggest rzm, Rimmer, or Cain, even though Cain rarely posts.

I think bringing in Cain would be good.

Needs to be repeated for those who didn't bother to read it the first time.

Thanks, Cain makes great points and I only read half the first time.

This board does need an overhaul and most of the PD crew know a lot that would help! I have yet to vote on this poll because honestly I can't make up my mind. I think Scikidus is fine, But he banned roger, keeps wanting to add more rules rather then figuring out why things are happening, and gets in fights with the main admin a lot. Occasional disagreements are good but having a mod and admin bicker like them is not productive.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 04:38 AM
He's banned.

WTF? And here I had everything all set.

:icon_evil:

Now I have to wait.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Agreed.

What's interesting is the demographics.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 05:01 AM
What's interesting is the demographics.

That too.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 05:08 AM
That too.

Yep. Implies that the PD crowd is now the largest segment of the actively posting community.

Not counting Daruko, of course. One of the other segments can have him.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Yep. Implies that the PD crowd is now the largest segment of the actively posting community.

Well aware of that.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Well aware of that.
When does the Coup d'état officially begin? :icon_razz:

djura
May 18th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Daruko, you are a dick. In my life, I've only knew one person that was right most of the time, yet managed to piss everyone off. I think you should take a brake, cool down your head, and come back when this fucking mess is over.
You're not doing anybody a favor by adding gasoline to the fire, especially your self or the forum. And don't take this the wrong way, I've got nothing against you, and as I sad in most of your points you are right, it's just you have no fucking clue how and when to say it.

Goofy, this is the worst fucking idea ever. We've never really gotten along, and for most of the time that didn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, you're just another guy far away, minding his own business, you don't bother me, I don't bother you, eod. Unfortunately, you are also a mod on a forum I happen to like, and your lack of will to stand up to somebody has gone far enough. You should know better then to allow your fellow mod to be put on a poll. You are a disgrace to this forum, and if anyone should step down it should be you.

PMs - chasing people off is what your good at. I don't know you, don't care to get to know you and don't give a fuck what you're all about. Truth of the matter is you managed to fuck up most of the things around here, and for no apparent reason. I know I'll be called names after you read this, but please try to understand something - it's not cool to rip a part something you can't put back together. It's what 4 year olds do.

All of you - the church of Google is not just another fucking forum. It's not a place where people should come to insult somebody, just to make them feel better, for they are chickenshit and can't do it in rl. And for you people that have forgotten - IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT AT ALL. It's about something completely different, and all of you know what it is, you wouldn't have joined if you didn't.

In my home, when somebody comes and insults me, or my wife, I slap him, and trow him the hell out. I don't call him my best friend and call it "conversation"

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I think bringing in Cain would be good.

Thanks, Cain makes great points and I only read half the first time.

This board does need an overhaul and most of the PD crew know a lot that would help! I have yet to vote on this poll because honestly I can't make up my mind. I think Scikidus is fine, But he banned roger, keeps wanting to add more rules rather then figuring out why things are happening, and gets in fights with the main admin a lot. Occasional disagreements are good but having a mod and admin bicker like them is not productive.

Not counting Daruko, of course. One of the other segments can have him.
Not any more. :]

Oh, and does this mean you admit that you are a certain group, with an explicit goal you are working towards?

Dolores
May 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Dolores...I am a mod.

But regardless, thank you.

Then you're already doing a good job. Thanks for responding.

Dolores
May 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
He's banned.

Applause. I think that at this point the board not only can, but will, get better.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Applause. I think that at this point the board not only can, but will, get better.

He banned himself tempoarily foir three weeks, because of exams.

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM

Apart from the fact you're useless at your position and actually help create the problems you supposedly exist to smooth over or prevent, not much to say.

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, since Daruko voted with most of the mods and ministers, does that mean we should assume he agrees with them on all issues?

:icon_lol:

Its always so funny, when people think the only true freethinkers are those on their side.

Anyhow, I don't believe this current event has changed my opinion of the problems here or the mods, at all. My opinion was as stated in my first post in this thread, and has been since last September. Current events just come under the heading of "additional evidence". Wipe out the current mods (or at least the ones who insist on provoking people and throwing their epenis around), and put in place people who are competent and work to promote a culture of free and open debate and creativity, or this forum sinks.

Its that simple. And this forum was failing long before last September. Hell, I was here when Alice Shade was running this place as a personal fiefdom, with her SRS ATHEISM BIZNESS attitude, and inability to take any sort of criticism. The rot goes deeper than the current issues. Since authority is a self-replicating virus, of sorts, and the first mods included some dicks of the highest order, it makes sense that the selection process and attitude towards modding on here is corrupted and unsuitable. Exceptions - mutations if you will - have existed, but really its time for a complete overhaul.

Also, you have to consider your competition. I mean, look at places like the FSM, or even IIDB (I know Rog doesn't like that place, and has a legitimate grip with the moderation there, but it was never as bad as here). If you want to attract people, you have to be funnier than the FSM, and smarter/more adult and sophisticated than IIDB. I know right now if I had to choose a single atheist forum to post at, I'd pick either of those over this place. There I can be relatively assured of a good time, or at least debating people who think randomly chopping up threads and inconsistent rule application are bullshit moves.

You're never going to play in the big league if you leave the forum like this. And no doubt, some people would like that, since it would protect them from criticism and the judgement of others (Scikky and Daruko come to mind). But becoming nothing but an insular circle-jerk assures you nothing but irrelevancy.

So again, you can either face the hard choices that have to be made, or else let the forum die a slow, painful and untimely death. I'd prefer the former, but at the end of the day, if COG just becomes pitched battles between the mod and a couple of rebels, that wont especially bother me. After all, I already laid out the problem and solution, and if you don't want to take it, that's your problem.

The Laughing Man
May 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
You should know better then to allow your fellow mod to be put on a poll.

He didn't create the poll, I did. And just who the fuck are you anyway?

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
It's not a place where people should come to insult somebody, just to make them feel better, for they are chickenshit and can't do it in rl.

In my home, when somebody comes and insults me, or my wife, I slap him, and trow him the hell out.

Does anyone else see any sort of irony here? Or is it just me?

fomenter
May 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hey, since Daruko voted with most of the mods and ministers, does that mean we should assume he agrees with them on all issues?

Its always so funny, when people think the only true freethinkers are those on their side.

Anyhow, I don't believe this current event has changed my opinion of the problems here or the mods, at all. My opinion was as stated in my first post in this thread, and has been since last September. Current events just come under the heading of "additional evidence". Wipe out the current mods (or at least the ones who insist on provoking people and throwing their epenis around), and put in place people who are competent and work to promote a culture of free and open debate and creativity, or this forum sinks.

Its that simple. And this forum was failing long before last September. Hell, I was here when Alice Shade was running this place as a personal fiefdom, with her SRS ATHEISM BIZNESS attitude, and inability to take any sort of criticism. The rot goes deeper than the current issues. Since authority is a self-replicating virus, of sorts, and the first mods included some dicks of the highest order, it makes sense that the selection process and attitude towards modding on here is corrupted and unsuitable. Exceptions - mutations if you will - have existed, but really its time for a complete overhaul.

Also, you have to consider your competition. I mean, look at places like the FSM, or even IIDB (I know Rog doesn't like that place, and has a legitimate grip with the moderation there, but it was never as bad as here). If you want to attract people, you have to be funnier than the FSM, and smarter/more adult and sophisticated than IIDB. I know right now if I had to choose a single atheist forum to post at, I'd pick either of those over this place. There I can be relatively assured of a good time, or at least debating people who think randomly chopping up threads and inconsistent rule application are bullshit moves.

You're never going to play in the big league if you leave the forum like this. And no doubt, some people would like that, since it would protect them from criticism and the judgement of others (Scikky and Daruko come to mind). But becoming nothing but an insular circle-jerk assures you nothing but irrelevancy.

So again, you can either face the hard choices that have to be made, or else let the forum die a slow, painful and untimely death. I'd prefer the former, but at the end of the day, if COG just becomes pitched battles between the mod and a couple of rebels, that wont especially bother me. After all, I already laid out the problem and solution, and if you don't want to take it, that's your problem.

this sums things up very well, i and others have been trying to point out the problems and offer solutions i have said it before this place was dieing before i got here and the posters just didn't know it, some it seems still don't. goofy mentioned something to me at one point about people hating this place and my answer is i don't hate the place i hate the wasted potential. Clark Dolores Cain and i as well as others are trying to help, i would like to see coG survie and grow. maby it can..

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Do you have any suggestions?

fomenter
May 18th, 2009, 03:07 PM
i have made a lot of suggestions about how to restructure the forum to do away with the need to move posts and threads, and to end the aspects of coG that create the attitudes and culture that corrupt the modding and lead to the some of the abuses we see.
unfortunately most of them keep ending up getting buried by the flame wars that blaze up just when the discussion gets good. when i have some time later today i may go back and compile them all for you, to get the ball rolling again..

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Unfortunately, you are also a mod on a forum I happen to like, and your lack of will to stand up to somebody has gone far enough. You should know better then to allow your fellow mod to be put on a poll. You are a disgrace to this forum, and if anyone should step down it should be you.
Hate to say it, but you've gotta point.
Daruko, you are a dick. In my life, I've only knew one person that was right most of the time, yet managed to piss everyone off. I think you should take a brake, cool down your head, and come back when this fucking mess is over.
You're not doing anybody a favor by adding gasoline to the fire, especially your self or the forum. And don't take this the wrong way, I've got nothing against you, and as I sad in most of your points you are right, it's just you have no fucking clue how and when to say it.
I've learned early on not to go out of my way to apologize for anything. I know how to admit when someone is right though, and you're pretty close. I'm gonna take your advice.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Wow, djura has managed to do in one post what at least nine months of work from the PDers have failed to do; Get Daruko to change his mind. I may have to break out that champagne I was saving for Ian Paisley's death.

The Laughing Man
May 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wow, djura has managed to do in one post what at least nine months of work from the PDers have failed to do; Get Daruko to change his mind. I may have to break out that champagne I was saving for Ian Paisley's death.

And you've just made the mistake that nearly every active PDer has made at one point. You believed Daruko when he said he was going to stop.

Just wait a few days.

Dolores
May 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM

I couldn't count on both hands the number of times I've seen him apologize and say he's going to change.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Dr. Drilling_Teeth
May 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Why should he step down? Based on what I've seen, I'm not sure there's anywhere lower than the sub-basement this forum currently dwells in. Have you read these threads? I mean, 5th graders could come up with better stuff... during recess... while huffing jenkem.

If Google were a deity, It would probably go hide from its faithful flock. Either that or beg some group of people to crucify it, just so it doesn't have to deal with them ever again.

They make the baby Chrome cry.

djura
May 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
He didn't create the poll, I did. And just who the fuck are you anyway?

I'm somebody not behind a proxy. I'm also the guy that called you a pussy to your face.

p.s.
Here is my ip: 93.86.138.121, I'm behind a stonegate firewall, dds is filtered, everything else is open, chickenshit.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Woah djura, calm down. We were just getting nice and settled here.

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 07:55 PM
No, he should continue. This is hilarious.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 18th, 2009, 08:57 PM

Goofy, this is the worst fucking idea ever. We've never really gotten along, and for most of the time that didn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, you're just another guy far away, minding his own business, you don't bother me, I don't bother you, eod. Unfortunately, you are also a mod on a forum I happen to like, and your lack of will to stand up to somebody has gone far enough. You should know better then to allow your fellow mod to be put on a poll. You are a disgrace to this forum, and if anyone should step down it should be you.

PMs - chasing people off is what your good at. I don't know you, don't care to get to know you and don't give a fuck what you're all about. Truth of the matter is you managed to fuck up most of the things around here, and for no apparent reason. I know I'll be called names after you read this, but please try to understand something - it's not cool to rip a part something you can't put back together. It's what 4 year olds do.

All of you - the church of Google is not just another fucking forum. It's not a place where people should come to insult somebody, just to make them feel better, for they are chickenshit and can't do it in rl. And for you people that have forgotten - IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT AT ALL. It's about something completely different, and all of you know what it is, you wouldn't have joined if you didn't.

In my home, when somebody comes and insults me, or my wife, I slap him, and trow him the hell out. I don't call him my best friend and call it "conversation"

You really are getting me confused with someone else or you have no clue who you are talking to.
1. you and I never didn't get along
2. Mod's have voted on this also besides me yet you are blaming me
3. It's a poll it won't hurt anything, it's not like action will be taken because of it.
4. I back the thoughts of the loki, fallen, and matt, all admins, I don't have loyalties to other mods.
5. I have only chased 2 people off and they were before your time.

Scikidus and I disagree I am not his bitch! Yet it is ok for him to openly slam the admin all the time like he does?

Get your facts before you blow up. I stand up when I need to that is when I back people who I believe are in the right. Why back someone who you know did something you think is wrong?

Oh and I rarely name call, I find it ruins debate and makes things childish.

Do you have any suggestions?

Check out the Moderation complaint thread, we were doing pretty good there.

The Laughing Man
May 18th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'm somebody not behind a proxy. I'm also the guy that called you a pussy to your face.

p.s.
Here is my ip: 93.86.138.121, I'm behind a stonegate firewall, dds is filtered, everything else is open, chickenshit.

Woah man, you're pretty hardcore.

Clark Nova
May 18th, 2009, 10:11 PM

p.s.
reported you to your isp, on abuse of their ToS and downloading illegal files.
Even if its not true they have too look into it lol.

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM

I don't think they care in Serbia :\

Clark Nova
May 18th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I don't think they care in Serbia :\
actually pretty much any service provider will send out a warning to someone they get a complaint about, its nearly an automated system. They have to, to cover their asses.
I didn't actually report it, but it is something you can do if you want to be a cunt.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 09:08 AM
actually pretty much any service provider will send out a warning to someone they get a complaint about, its nearly an automated system. They have to, to cover their asses.
Hmm, I guess. But still, I doubt they'd really care what djura was "doing".

I didn't actually report it, but it is something you can do if you want to be a cunt.
Cool. I'll keep that in mind.

Clark Nova
May 19th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Hmm, I guess. But still, I doubt they'd really care what djura was "doing".

Cool. I'll keep that in mind.
doesn't matter what he is doing, you can report anything illegal and they have to follow up on it. its funnier if its something they DO because then they can get their internet shut off.

djura
May 19th, 2009, 12:24 PM

If you have an issue with Scikidus or any other mod for that matter, you should clear things up with him via pm or some other place private. Discussing these issues out in the public with pds is nothing but bad taste. You should have deleted the poll right away, and made it clear to everyone not to fuck with mods. Yet, instead, you humiliated Scikidus, and turned another tread into troll food. You could have at least ignored this fucked up tread, but no, you had to run your mouth. You handle your moderation tasks superbly, good job!!!

You really are getting me confused with someone else or you have no clue who you are talking to.

yeah, that's right. I did confuse you ones with someone who cares about the forum. Sorry, wont happen again!

2. Mod's have voted on this also besides me yet you are blaming me

So, when mods vote it's ok to flame some more. Good point!

3. It's a poll it won't hurt anything, it's not like action will be taken because of it.

It already has, but fuck him anyway, you only have limited loyalty

4. I back the thoughts of the loki, fallen, and matt, all admins, I don't have loyalties to other mods.

Seems to me, you choose your sides eloquently. Doesn't matter if something is right or wrong, but you'll do great the for the rest of your life

5. I have only chased 2 people off and they were before your time.

That fact alone, makes you a brilliant mod.

Scikidus and I disagree I am not his bitch! Yet it is ok for him to openly slam the admin all the time like he does?

Apparently, you are not his bitch.
And all of you mods, if you have issues among your selves, take it some place private. I should not be the one to point this out! Learn some manners for fucks sake.

Get your facts before you blow up. I stand up when I need to that is when I back people who I believe are in the right. Why back someone who you know did something you think is wrong?

For the record, he didn't do anything wrong. And even if he did, at least he did something. And I did get my facts strate, the place have turned into shit. Many good posters have left already, if not all of them, yet all you do is bitch about how demanding the moderation tasks are, and how you've had it with with all the rubbish you need to clean up.
And this goes for the rest of you mods - you need 20 minutes to clean up the shit, so do it, or say you wont, so the rest of us can pack up and go.

Oh and I rarely name call, I find it ruins debate and makes things childish.

This is why you should not have done it.

rofl, all talk, like the rest of you crew...

Clark Nova
May 19th, 2009, 01:04 PM
OH thats my name! Yay!
It was a facetious comment you muppet, you haven't bothered me, why would I do that?

Cain
May 19th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Because djura is a real tough guy, and you should be afraid of him.

The Laughing Man
May 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
You should have deleted the poll right away, and made it clear to everyone not to fuck with mods.

Make it clear not to fuck with mods? :icon_lol:

You seem to have the ability to delete threads on an internet forum confused with an actual position of power worthy of any respect. If a mod isn't doing his job, the users are well within their rights to call him out on it. That's all this thread is.

Scikidus has been abusing his moderation powers* to defend his friends and attack the members he doesn't like. And they're not all trolls as you claim either.

Yet, instead, you humiliated Scikidus

No, I did. I said this already. I am the OP. Check the first page of the thread.

*as in abilities, not actual social or political power, just so you don't get confused again

Clark Nova
May 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Because djura is a real tough guy, and you should be afraid of him.

Sodium pentothol and a syringe: $20
hacksaw: $15
ice: free
Look on tough guys face: priceless.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
And for everything else, there's Mastercard.

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Based on his recent actions, I figure we should put this to a vote. What with this being a democracy and all that.

What recent actions? Sorry, I'm new here, just making my way around the forums.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Loooooong story. Certainly not one that you'd understand after 5 posts. You'll pick it up as you go along. Hopefully, it's mostly over now.

Sister Faith
May 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Welcome Khadhulu. :icon_cool:

Unfortunately, you've walked into the middle of another shit storm here. :icon_rolleyes:

Scikidus (a mod) banned (for a few days) a troll who image spammed the site. The troll and his posse can't get over their butt hurt so they started this poll to continue their pathetic whining.

Just ignore it. There are plenty of adults left here that you can have a decent conversation with. :D

Enjoy!

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Seems like a silly thing for people to get this upset about. On both sides.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
If you have an issue with Scikidus or any other mod for that matter, you should clear things up with him via pm or some other place private. Discussing these issues out in the public with pds is nothing but bad taste. You should have deleted the poll right away, and made it clear to everyone not to fuck with mods. Yet, instead, you humiliated Scikidus, and turned another tread into troll food. You could have at least ignored this fucked up tread, but no, you had to run your mouth. You handle your moderation tasks superbly, good job!!!

He never did it when he had a problem with a admin or mod, why should I treat him differently then he treats others? And Scikidus can take it he is a tough cookie, he won't even be bothered.

yeah, that's right. I did confuse you ones with someone who cares about the forum. Sorry, wont happen again!

I do care about this forum but Matt made somethings clear last time this happened and he pays the bills.

So, when mods vote it's ok to flame some more. Good point!

No I am saying it because no other mod felt this needed to be deleted, It wasn't just me.

It already has, but fuck him anyway, you only have limited loyalty

You don't know Scikidus that well then, as I said he is a tough cookie and can take care of himself.

Seems to me, you choose your sides eloquently. Doesn't matter if something is right or wrong, but you'll do great the for the rest of your life

Oh I know what is right and wrong but in my family we call people out when they do something wrong, doesn't matter if it is in public.

That fact alone, makes you a brilliant mod.

Scikidus actually helped me run them off, so did Tsar, Rzm, Sis and several others you love.

Apparently, you are not his bitch.
And all of you mods, if you have issues among your selves, take it some place private. I should not be the one to point this out! Learn some manners for fucks sake.

This is a small community, everyone has a say there is no point to bicker in the lounge rather then here anymore.

For the record, he didn't do anything wrong. And even if he did, at least he did something. And I did get my facts strate, the place have turned into shit. Many good posters have left already, if not all of them, yet all you do is bitch about how demanding the moderation tasks are, and how you've had it with with all the rubbish you need to clean up.
And this goes for the rest of you mods - you need 20 minutes to clean up the shit, so do it, or say you wont, so the rest of us can pack up and go.

Yes this place has turned into shit but that was a long time ago... I think it was about a year ago to be exact. They left last time, we have emails and can get them back. It is more then 20 minutes believe me. I one time spent 3 hours on spam, we need and active admin and matt to clean this place up. I have never bitched about my task as mod. You just don't understand who you are dealing with and we all have dealt with them before. The older wiser mods know not to fuck with them or it will make things worse, which scikidus has.

This is why you should not have done it.

When have I name called? and everyone on the board name calls even the old members.

Cain
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Loooooong story. Certainly not one that you'd understand after 5 posts. You'll pick it up as you go along. Hopefully, it's mostly over now.

Could you be any more condescending?

Welcome Khadhulu. :icon_cool:

Unfortunately, you've walked into the middle of another shit storm here. :icon_rolleyes:

Scikidus (a mod) banned (for a few days) a troll who image spammed the site. The troll and his posse can't get over their butt hurt so they started this poll to continue their pathetic whining.

Just ignore it. There are plenty of adults left here that you can have a decent conversation with. :D

Enjoy!

Well, that's certainly one interpretation.

However, we (and by that I mean those who live in what I like to call the reality based community) have another.

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM
This looks pretty serious between you people. I'll just be quiet for a while until I know what's going on.

Clark Nova
May 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
This looks pretty serious between you people. I'll just be quiet for a while until I know what's going on.
what faith calls a troll is what another person would just call a regular post.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM

Remaining quiet helps more sometime, just ignore our bickering and try other parts of the board. The last person I told to do this, didn't follow my advice and is gone now.

Cain
May 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
what faith calls a troll is what another person would just call a regular post.

She's pretty thin-skinned, and easily confused, it seems.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Eh, it's the internet. What can you do?
Could you be any more condescending?
I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was just remarking on that it was complicated.
It's mostly blown over for the time being. We don't bite, honest.

For now :D

Cain
May 19th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was just remarking on that it was complicated.

Actually, you said "certainly not one you'd understand", as if being new and being thick as a brick go hand in hand. I also notice you didn't bother to offer to help explain, or 'decomplicate' it.

No wonder this place is floundering, if this is typical of how the average person is greeted.

Daruko
May 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
No worries. Make yourself at home.

Khadhulu
I try not to take it personally. The internet is so dehumanizing, it's not unusual for someone with 6700 posts to treat a newcomer like a lesser human being.

Goes with the territory, I guess.

Tsar Phalanxia
Actually, you said "certainly not one you'd understand", as if being new and being thick as a brick go hand in hand. I also notice you didn't bother to offer to help explain, or 'decomplicate' it.

Umm. Ok, maybe it turned out condescending, but that was certainly not how I'd intended it to look.

I try not to take it personally. The internet is so dehumanizing, it's not unusual for someone with 6700 posts to treat a newcomer like a lesser human being.

Goes with the territory, I guess.
Sorry. I didn't mean it to come out like that.
But then, I think we've all been there at some point.

No wonder this place is floundering, if this is typical of how the average person is greeted.

Yeah, I'm sure Yiuel, djura, Al Farabi etc all received terrible greetings :icon_rolleyes:

Daruko
May 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Anyone know how to get in contact with Tag?
Someone should ask him if he died.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I know how to and he has logged into his gmail ever so often, I will email him when things settle.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Anyone know how to get in contact with Tag?
Someone should ask him if he died.

I hope he's Ok :(

Sister Faith
May 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
He's ok. :icon_cool:

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Awesome

I get the feeling he's not the kind of guy to be felled so easily :D

Dolores
May 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM

The "troll" he banned happens to be a Minister on this site. Basically, the deal is that last year one of the admins here put an invite on one of the other forums he frequents, saying this forum needed more members and maybe someone on this other forum would be interested. Me and several other people came and checked it out, but then there was a dispute between one of the new users and a mod, which degenerated into a flamewar and eventually the mod stepped down.

Ever since then, though, those of the newer members who originally came from that other forum have been more or less viewed as unwelcome second-class citizens who are all just here to make trouble, and anytime there's a dispute with one of them, they are all accused of being a group of trolls. There's also one guy who was banned from that other forum, and he has a huge resentment of it, so he tries to start flamewars with people who still post there.

It makes it kind of unpleasant a lot of the time. I don't even know why I still bother coming here.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2009, 08:33 PM
It makes it kind of unpleasant a lot of the time. I don't even know why I still bother coming here.

Because you love me! :icon_lol: :icon_eek: :icon_lol: ;) :icon_eek:

Dolores
May 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Because you love me! :icon_lol: :icon_eek: :icon_lol: ;) :icon_eek:

OK, fine... I admit it. :adore:

Nosferatu
May 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM
The "troll" he banned happens to be a Minister on this site. Basically, the deal is that last year one of the admins here put an invite on one of the other forums he frequents, saying this forum needed more members and maybe someone on this other forum would be interested. Me and several other people came and checked it out, but then there was a dispute between one of the new users and a mod, which degenerated into a flamewar and eventually the mod stepped down.

Ever since then, though, those of the newer members who originally came from that other forum have been more or less viewed as unwelcome second-class citizens who are all just here to make trouble, and anytime there's a dispute with one of them, they are all accused of being a group of trolls. There's also one guy who was banned from that other forum, and he has a huge resentment of it, so he tries to start flamewars with people who still post there.

You come here for knowledge and insight.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM
You come here for knowledge and insight.

:\

Cain
May 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
I come here with knowledge and insight.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
I come here with knowledge and insight.
Sounds like something a fool would say.

fomenter
May 22nd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Sounds like something a fool would say.

nice flame bait daruko getting angry at everybody getting along?
is it pissing you off that much that you need to try to start it up again?

Cain
May 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
This is why having him on ignore is great. The only time I am even reminded of his existence on here is when people are quoting him for the express purpose of mockery.

Cain
May 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
:icon_lol: Believe me, you ain't missing out on much.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
nice flame bait daruko getting angry at everybody getting along?
is it pissing you off that much that you need to try to start it up again?
Are you going to call it flame bait everytime I criticize a statement? It wasn't meant as an insult, I was saying that a fool is someone who thinks he already possesses the knowledge and insight he needs, and there is nothing to learn.

Clark Nova
May 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
:icon_lol: Believe me, you ain't missing out on much.
Indeed ignoring the two of them really makes this place much easier to read.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Why do you want to add nothing to a topic where people clearly want discussion?

Clark Nova
May 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
This message is hidden because Daruko is on your ignore list (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/profile.php?do=editlist).

rzm61
May 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
This message is hidden because Daruko is on your ignore list (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/profile.php?do=editlist).

:\

Cain
May 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_-g5nyUXniEQ/SDMdCyQXNwI/AAAAAAAABT4/TAABCbhrOdg/Dramatic.gif

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Since you guys have persisted in making these statements, could I ask you to find another thread to post this kind of flamebait in?

Dolores
May 22nd, 2009, 08:04 PM

That's a great idea, actually. I keep forgetting about the ignore feature.

fomenter
May 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
i don't put people on ignore with the ignore button based on some strange principle i don't understand and cant explain, but i will ignore the posts of certain users when it is called for..

sailor
May 25th, 2009, 11:04 AM
He personally requested it. 3 weeks to work on the finals.

this is a good idea, especially during finals to take a break. cog gets draining after awhile, everyone needs to chill from it every so often.

i don't know what happened recently, but i will complain about his modding. i haven't like his treatment of me, nor his merging of threads, and general attitude since i've been here. but, i'm trying not to take this personal, because i know we tend to disagree on a lot of subjects, but that is what the forum is for...arguing and formulating opinions. we happen to exist on two sides of some tender subjects.

i don't think him stepping down is necessary, but i would agree with a reprimand checks and balances system for mods, admins, and ministers. otherwise, it gets all one sided and twisted up with strange closed-mindedness. just because someone has a different belief than you, is no reason to mod them differently than others.

i feel that the fact i am limited to posting new threads in ifu, and that the ifu thread is no not viewable to general public, is a shame...it's disgraceful what lengths have been gone to to make my stay here harder and unpleasant. if you wanted to make an adult section, go for it, but don't Rosa Parks people and single them out because they are different from you.

also, the thing about reboot ifu and guest room is ridiculous. silly, and unnecessary. why even go there? erase our posts for what reason...would it make it any less effective? what's done is done, move on, it won't change the past. if anything, it would just make people more stubborn and determined to win.

my opinion is that both banning, and censoring need to be adminstered delicately, not ham-fistedly. why would you not talk to the parties involved first. it's like you are saying punch first, ask appropriate questions later.

makes very little common sense, and is rash. i think him taking a break, and them implementing new rules should help, and having the people in higher positions agree to adhere more strictly to a standard of "good modding," make new guidelines that should help.

Fallen Hero
May 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
this is a good idea, especially during finals to take a break. cog gets draining after awhile, everyone needs to chill from it every so often.

i don't know what happened recently, but i will complain about his modding. i haven't like his treatment of me, nor his merging of threads, and general attitude since i've been here. but, i'm trying not to take this personal, because i know we tend to disagree on a lot of subjects, but that is what the forum is for...arguing and formulating opinions. we happen to exist on two sides of some tender subjects.

i don't think him stepping down is necessary, but i would agree with a reprimand checks and balances system for mods, admins, and ministers. otherwise, it gets all one sided and twisted up with strange closed-mindedness. just because someone has a different belief than you, is no reason to mod them differently than others.

i feel that the fact i am limited to posting new threads in ifu, and that the ifu thread is no not viewable to general public, is a shame...it's disgraceful what lengths have been gone to to make my stay here harder and unpleasant. if you wanted to make an adult section, go for it, but don't Rosa Parks people and single them out because they are different from you.

also, the thing about reboot ifu and guest room is ridiculous. silly, and unnecessary. why even go there? erase our posts for what reason...would it make it any less effective? what's done is done, move on, it won't change the past. if anything, it would just make people more stubborn and determined to win.

my opinion is that both banning, and censoring need to be adminstered delicately, not ham-fistedly. why would you not talk to the parties involved first. it's like you are saying punch first, ask appropriate questions later.

makes very little common sense, and is rash. i think him taking a break, and them implementing new rules should help, and having the people in higher positions agree to adhere more strictly to a standard of "good modding," make new guidelines that should help.

No offense meant, you brought it on yourself. So don't bring Rosa Parks' act of protest against racial policy down to the level of how you get treated in a world of smoke and mirrors where there is no such thing as true identity.

Nosferatu
May 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
No. The character adds color. Besides that, Dar hasnt been crapping on me lately or calling for a ban on me, so...he/she/it's cool..,.

tagnostic
May 29th, 2009, 12:17 AM
There once was a Hero named Fallen
who lurked, had a life that was gallin'
some think that he slipped
We knew he was tripped
Since Vexx left
it's Seven
He's callin'

:icon_razz:

Daruko
May 29th, 2009, 12:57 AM