View Full Version : Myspace

The Laughing Man
May 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.myspace.com/

What does everyone think of Myspace? It is a social networking site.

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Im fairly certain its one of the seven heads of the beast the whore of babylon will ride around on.

Pterodactyl Handler
May 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I'm reading OurSpace (http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/H/harold_ourspace.html) right now and it's very interesting. Some good discussion on "revolution vs the establishment" being a critical part of the establishment.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Frankly, I find Myspace far more poorly implemented than either Friendster or Facebook, but I think ts popularity will wane slowly if at all because of the number of people using it for self-promotion.

It's slow, it's cluttered, and the advertisements are obnoxious, so I rarely visit it anymore.

Pterodactyl Handler
May 17th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Myspace may enjoy a second rebirth once everbody's grandparents finally get onto facebook and twitter

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Im fairly certain its one of the seven heads of the beast the whore of babylon will ride around on.
LOL
Obviously, that whore will be a certain Mr Murdoch, amirite?
I'd never go anywhere near a social networking site, but News Corp owning Myspace is just another reason to stay away from it.
I've always stayed away from social networking sites like the plague. The rumours of the selling of personal information has helped, of course. I can see why it would be useful for musicians and such, though.
Along with the fact that Social Networking sites are pointless, and generally amount to a bunch of Cool "Internet Users" uploading pictures of a party to show their friends, despite the fact that they were all at that party mere hours before, this is the main reason why I stay away from them. My personal details are not for sale.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 18th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I think social networking was a great idea. But then the idea evoled and kinda now I hate it. There is no longer need for human interaction, and emo kids are taking over with blogs. I can't stand it all.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Myspace music is where it's at.

I think social networking was a great idea. But then the idea evoled and kinda now I hate it. There is no longer need for human interaction, and emo kids are taking over with blogs. I can't stand it all.

YOU'RE GONNA GET ANOTHER BLEEDING HEART SONG FOR THIS! :icon_evil:

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 18th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Cool Beans!

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Oh Jesus THIS
Social networking has repalced real social networking, like talking and stuff.
Cool Beans!
THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE BEANS
http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/Images/Newpics/02PAC46md.jpg

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
The Laughin Man, like I asked Dolores....could I move this thread to General Discussion?