View Full Version : Youtube

The Laughing Man
May 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/

What does everyone think of Youtube? Let's have a serious discussion about it.

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 05:45 PM
youtube summed up last year.
Youtube WAS the internet last year. this year its twitter.
It changed the way people used the internet.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yooouuutuuube actually works as a proxy, which is quite useful :D

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I'm mad at how they handle DMCA claims. Good videos, like AronRa's "You're a freaking monkey" video get taken down for no reason.

It also seriously pisses me off when I get the message "This video is not available in your country." What were they thinking? Why the hell should I have to use a proxy to view certain videos?
Im fairly certain if a video gets reported ten times it gets automatically deleted instead of sent to a moderator q.
Its unfortunate.

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
It must also depend on number of views or something. If all it took were ten reports period all the top videos like Evolution of Dance and that stupid Avril Lavigne video which some website exploit spammed with views would be down by now.
Ah yeah, proportional weighting.
same with the way the rating system works.

sudikics
May 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Yooouuutuuube actually works as a proxy, which is quite useful :D
Do explain.
I'm mad at how they handle DMCA claims. Good videos, like AronRa's "You're a freaking monkey" video get taken down for no reason.
Anyone remember my Co$ debunking series? My account for that was suspended because Axiom 10 Productions filed false DMCAs against my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y0VzEkspN4

Dayve
May 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I can't help but think you're baiting the mods into moving threads. "What do you think of Youtube?" Isn't a serious discussion.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I can't help but think you're baiting the mods into moving threads. "What do you think of Youtube?" Isn't a serious discussion.

try to stay up to speed, there is no such thing as a serious discussion unless it is deemed to be so based on you approval rating with the moderators, any one the moderators dislike will be moved, your posts status as serious may vary from moderator to moderator or based on comments you make in other threads.

edit to add - sorry didn't mean to bite dayve i didn't notice your post count ..

sudikics
May 17th, 2009, 09:38 PM
try to stay up to speed, there is no such thing as a serious discussion unless it is deemed to be so based on you approval rating with the moderators, any one the moderators dislike will be moved, your posts status as serious may vary from moderator to moderator or based on comments you make in other threads.
I would move the above two posts out of this thread, but in clear defiance to fomenter's idea, I'm keeping all of the threads recently made in SD, as long as they stay SD-level. If any of the threads degenerates to sub-SD-level, then I'll move it accordingly, just like every other thread in SD.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I would move the above two posts out of this thread, but in clear defiance to fomenter's idea, I'm keeping all of the threads recently made in SD, as long as they stay SD-level. If any of the threads degenerates to sub-SD-level, then I'll move it accordingly, just like every other thread in SD.

Will you warn and/or discipline the person who causes them to deteriorate? Even if it's one of your pals? Because Daruko has been spamming them up, trying to start a fight and get the threads moved.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 10:12 PM
but in clear defiance to fomenter's idea, I'm keeping all of the threads recently made in SD,

nice of you to leave it alone
seems like a case of the exception proving the rule to me

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Do explain.

E.g. I can't watch Beck's song, "Nausea", in the UK on Youtube. However, Yooouuutuuube somehow bypasses that, and allows me to watch it :D

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
tsar is making funny spelling on poourpous btw

sudikics
May 17th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Will you warn and/or discipline the person who causes them to deteriorate? Even if it's one of your pals? Because Daruko has been spamming them up, trying to start a fight and get the threads moved.
Daruko received a C&D just like TGRR did.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Daruko received a C&D just like TGRR did.

I'm skeptical.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I guess Daruko could provide a screencap.

fomenter
May 18th, 2009, 01:25 AM
hxxp://www.yooouuutuuube.com/

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM
what countries block youtube videos?

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:52 AM
None (apart from maybe China/North Korea). Some shit is just not available outside of the US.
O rly? Why not?

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 02:05 AM
That's what I wanna know. It's pissing me off.
This seems relevant. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=restricted+youtube+videos) :icon_razz:

Something about global distribution rights...

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 10:16 AM
what countries block youtube videos?
The UK, for example, over copyright issues. Bastards.
Does this mean that if I use some other language youtube I can view country-restricted videos?
I have no idea.

But you can with Yooouuutuuube.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 06:30 PM
This thread should be moved...

Will.
May 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks to aniboom, and many other privatized animation companies, youtube
IS A DEITY IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

For he so loved the world god gave his only son, Google, so that whoever believeth in him shall receive the answers they seek, and in times of trouble he gave his best friend, youtube, for whoever is bored can make the day go by, just a little faster.

sailor
May 26th, 2009, 06:48 AM
oh yeah, i wanted to say that i agree with the thought that you could make categories that are more subject headings, like in the library. instead of serious, nonserious. all the nets are serious.

i use youtube for my business, and it's FUCKING DEADLY SERIOUS BUSINESS, man.

you can make money with ads on youtube with AdSense. Money can buy you food that helps you from starving...it's the most serious life or death circumstance known to man.

You heard:

YOUTUBE helps STARVING people.

Will.
May 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Youtube is run entirely by a pack of feral third world children!
Thats right, you heard it.
Youtube supports child labor!