View Full Version : Retirement security

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I thought this was an interesting blog about the disparity in retirement security between men and women:

http://terry-neese-blog.com/why-do-women-have-less-retirement-security/

Thoughts?

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I suppose this kind of ties in with the argument that employers should hire men over women, since men are less likely to go on maternity leave than women. It's funny how both misogynists and some feminists can disaprove f maternity leave, albeit for different reasons.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I suppose this kind of ties in with the argument that employers should hire men over women, since men are less likely to go on maternity leave than women. It's funny how both misogynists and some feminists can disaprove f maternity leave, albeit for different reasons.

Wow, that is an insane and half-assed interpretation of that article! Wasn't expecting that.

Maybe you should look at it again, and try READING it this time?

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:54 PM
No, I was making a point with your original argument between job security and employment opportunites for men and women. I don't know much about employment laws in the USA, but I do have an opinion about the gender gap.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I didn't make any argument at all.

I said "I thought this was an interesting blog about the disparity in retirement security between men and women", posted a link, and asked for thoughts.

On the contents of the blog I posted.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I didn't make any argument at all.

I said "I thought this was an interesting blog about the disparity in retirement security between men and women", posted a link, and asked for thoughts.

On the contents of the blog I posted.

Tsar isn't actually capable of an intelligent conversation.