View Full Version : I look at the church i loved and cry.

DrM
May 17th, 2009, 10:30 PM
The CoG is probably the coolest religion since ever.
Its gone now.
Gone.

=..(

The shit-storm developing on the horizon finally came, and it corroded the church walls. The walls came tumbling down. And finally, the giant revolving cog was exposed.
The shit-storm continued.
Its brilliance shined out among the storm. A beacon of hope cutting through the gloom. All payed homage to the cog and begged for salvation. And yet, the even the cog could not save them. Its rivets filled with rust, and the eternal mechanization of the cog ceased.
And the shit-storm ignited.
The entire parish was locked in the roaring inferno. What was left of the church was set ablaze. All the works of the cog melted around it.
But the cog is still there.

On a more (or less) serious note: here are our list of problems.
1. Our leader is Zaphod. He no longer cares about the site, he just parties in exotic locations. This means we cannot change the site. We need to get method-X to step down or make someone just as powerful as him so we can make some much needed changes.
2. We have a fundamental problem with the management. Sure, i dont think that the management is doing a bad job, they just dont know what their job is yet. Here is the job of a mod or admin:
To make rules. If the rules dont make sense, change them. If someone has a valid reason for why the rule doesnt make sense then listen. But only if they present there case to change the rule in a civilized manner. If someone breaks the rules, then give them a few warnings then ban them if they do it again. No double standards.
3. Daruko is a prick. I dont care about what people think of him. I dont care what he thinks of me. He caused a lot of shit to fly and i think he should leave. Like many mentioned, he hs caused as much spam as Roger, we cant have a double standard.
4. Roger is a pretentious prick. I dont care what people think of him. I dont care what he thinks of me. He caused even more shit to fly. He wont let things go. He just cant. Heres what it boils down to:
When you go on a forum, you follow the forum rules. Then the mods wont fuck with you.
Roger, you broke the forum rules. Im not gonna mention or argue how, there are many instances. If you arent gonna respect the mods you arent gonna be here for very long. Roger, they fucked with your posts because you put them in the wrong place. Its that simple. Read the lables on the fucking forum threads. Dont throw a fit when you dont get your way, it makes you look like a three year-old. Just saying.
5. PD'ers: I like you, i dont think you did anything wrong. The only thing i can see wrong is when you decided to become the good reverends lackeys. Im gonna get to the point here:
This isn't PD. The rules arent the same and shouldn't be. If you want a forum that is like PD then go to PD. If you have a problem with the management, then talk to them about it. If you get a no, then DEAL WITH IT YOU FUCKING WHINERS! I dont fucking care whether the management is corrupt or not. you follow its rules. Why? because the rules are there for a reason. to keep order. Management can always be changed. ALWAYS. You can shut down the management, but not by breaking its rules. What you do is you go to the suggestion box and talk about it, like civilized people. So remember: dont be angry at the rules, be angry at the management for creating them. That doesnt mean constantly screaming and whining like a three year old about how annoying the management is, that means making 1 (yes thats what i said 1!) thread about your complaint. If you think that the people in the forum are non-intelligent types, then FUCKING DEAL WITH IT! We need those forumites to keep us alive. Regardless of there intelligence. Its the pretentious pricks who were too snooty to talk with the unintelligent types who scared them off. Now we have no members. See a connection? If they are unintelligent, then fucking teach them dont demand they leave.

A message to everyone:
Our church is in shambles. Rebuild. Id suggest rooting out all the flame threads. Then rooting out all the sexual content. (by rooting out i mean delete.) Then, rename serious discussion. (probably advanced search) If neccessary, get new management. Get rid of guest posting. We cant have people who were banned coming back. That is counterproductive. I will be coming back to check on the congregation in a month. Have fun.

You can have fun slinging shit at the content of this thread. I wont be here to listen.
I'll be gone.
Gone.

Clark Nova
May 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Oh dear.

First, your dedication to Googlism is admirable, but you're way in over your head. There are many many variables at work at the moment, that need time to work themselves out. As we have just seen today, we can get intelligent discussion going. Tomorrow though, is a different story, but hopefully, that will work out.

Btw, you can't order people to do things, especially not around here, and with your level of knowledge about the CoG(E.g. Did you know that this isn't the first time Roger has been here? Or what the root causes of this whole thing are?). That's not criticism, and it's heart warming that you're trying, but telling people to do things will not make things better. Believe me, I know.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

๏̯͡๏

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM
There is an alternative, with completely different management: http://churchofgoogle.net/

DrM
May 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
"Btw, you can't order people to do things, especially not around here, and with your level of knowledge about the CoG(E.g. Did you know that this isn't the first time Roger has been here? Or what the root causes of this whole thing are?). That's not criticism, and it's heart warming that you're trying, but telling people to do things will not make things better. Believe me, I know."

Thanks tsar, but i hope people realize im not ordering anyone around at all. In fact, i have no authority at all, and realize that. Ive said it before and ill say it again,
These are my suggestions, if you want to follow the advise, go ahead. If not, I dont really give a rats ass! =D
And yes i know about rogers history. I wouldnt have done this if it werent for that fact. I know a lot more than you think about the root causes. Ive asked around. I probably shoulda asked you a few times.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 10:52 PM
one. don't run away and hope the problems you see get fixed in a month when you come back if you care stick around and do something

two. then DEAL WITH IT YOU FUCKING WHINERS! i dont fucking care whether the management is corrupt or not. you follow its rules. Why? because the rules are there for a reason. to keep order.this is your contribution to the problem if you don't stand up to corrupt authority you don't get change, you get bent over, this place was dead before the users with spines showed up you just didn't know it

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 10:56 PM
"Btw, you can't order people to do things, especially not around here, and with your level of knowledge about the CoG(E.g. Did you know that this isn't the first time Roger has been here? Or what the root causes of this whole thing are?). That's not criticism, and it's heart warming that you're trying, but telling people to do things will not make things better. Believe me, I know."

Thanks tsar, but i hope people realize im not ordering anyone around at all. In fact, i have no authority at all, and realize that. Ive said it before and ill say it again,
These are my suggestions, if you want to follow the advise, go ahead. If not, I dont really give a rats ass! =D
And yes i know about rogers history. I wouldnt have done this if it werent for that fact. I know a lot more than you think about the root causes. Ive asked around. I probably shoulda asked you a few times.

You know Rogers history? Do you know mine as well?
I think you need to crawl back up into mommies twat until the doc slaps your ass, giving you permission to breath.
You were better off over at pokemon dot com, at least those people understood you.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Aight, Paris. I see Roger has called for /b/lack up.

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 10:59 PM

Try again Sars. Nobody calls me for backup. I came, I saw, now it's time to make fun of you limp-minded little cunts.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Huh. You've hit the ground running I see. I make a courteous greeting and you come back with hate. Nice.

Oh, and don't try and pull the wool over anyone's eyes. We all know that you've come here thanks to personal request a la Roger, G00gler.

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Huh. You've hit the ground running I see. I make a courteous greeting and you come back with hate. Nice.

Oh, and don't try and pull the wool over anyone's eyes. We all know that you've come here thanks to personal request a la Roger, G00gler.I am g00gle you stupid fuch? Again nobody called me here, I came all by myself. Where was your courteous greeting btw? I seemed to have missed it?

Like you and I are the best of mates to begin with right? Fucking idiot.

DrM
May 17th, 2009, 11:05 PM
one. don't run away and hope the problems you see get fixed in a month when you come back if you care stick around and do something

two. this is your contribution to the problem if you don't stand up to corrupt authority you don't get change, you get bent over, this place was dead before the users with spines showed up you just didn't know it

Fomenter i must commend you, you rock.
Out off all the people here you are the most intelligent. (not including a few who have left already.)
(excluding tsar) you are the only person who responded to my post with intelligence!
1. i dont really care anymore whether the problems i see get fixed. I have too much work to do to care. Ima come back on the off chance that they do. Stick around and do something? Roger has already pointed out i have no authority; And i agree. All that i can do is offer my advise. I have already done so.
2. Sticking up to corrupt management? is that what you call it? Like i said, the best way to do so is to have a civilized discussion about the inadequate policies. Not to create 1 million threads about nothing. Not to fill those threads with complaints. You make 1(!) thread asking what the purpose of the policy is, and challenging that policy with rational arguements. If the mods dont listen, get new mods. If the mods wont step down. Leave. there is a Protestant CoG u know.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 17th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hmm. Uh huh. Interesting. Well, look at the time, it's I-don't-give-a-fuck-O'Clock. And do you know what that means? It means, it's time for you to join Roger on the ignore list!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Fomenter i must commend you, you rock.
Out off all the people here you are the most intelligent. (not including a few who have left already.)
(excluding tsar) you are the only person who responded to my post with intelligence!
1. i dont really care anymore whether the problems i see get fixed. I have too much work to do to care. Ima come back on the off chance that they do. Stick around and do something? Roger has already pointed out i have no authority; And i agree. All that i can do is offer my advise. I have already done so.
2. Sticking up to corrupt management? is that what you call it? Like i said, the best way to do so is to have a civilized discussion about the inadequate policies. Not to create 1 million threads about nothing. Not to fill those threads with complaints. You make 1(!) thread asking what the purpose of the policy is, and challenging that policy with rational arguements. If the mods dont listen, get new mods. If the mods wont step down. Leave. there is a Protestant CoG u know.

SMOOOOOCHHHEEESSSSS

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Hmm. Uh huh. Interesting. Well, look at the time, it's I-don't-give-a-fuck-O'Clock. And do you know what that means? It means, it's time for you to join Roger on the ignore list!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Boys gotta do, what a boys gotta do.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM
DrM - i engage in civilised discussions when i can, and i rock the boat when i can, sooner or later the corrupt ones will go overboard, i have no authority either but i can have a lot of fun at their expense untill they do go overboard especially when they have it coming..

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 11:48 PM
If the mods dont listen, get new mods.

That's what I've been trying to do, if you haven't noticed. I suggested Rimmer (who used to be a mod, but I think he'd be better now, especially as compared to Sciky) or RZM or Cain, all people who have been around a while and show common sense.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
That's what I've been trying to do, if you haven't noticed. I suggested Rimmer (who used to be a mod, but I think he'd be better now, especially as compared to Sciky) or RZM or Cain, all people who have been around a while and show common sense.

You don't understand. DrM is bitching because the other mods aren't like Scikky.

Scikky protects him from badwrong ideas.

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I told Loki ages ago to reinstate Rimmer. He told me Rimmer stepped down of his own accord, can't say I blame the guy.

fomenter
May 17th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I told Loki ages ago to reinstate Rimmer. He told me Rimmer stepped down of his own accord, can't say I blame the guy.

what about the rest of the 13 admins and mods nobody ever sees or hears from?

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Well, Rimmer, please consider my request for you to step up as a mod again. Let bygones be bygones, and take up the reins on this woefully-misdirected forum. It needs it, it really, really needs it.

Also, I hope rzm will consider throwing his hat in the ring for modding. There may be nine mods on record technically, but the only one doing anything is Scikidus, and he's incompetent and out of control. I think he lets his temper override his common sense.

Dolores
May 17th, 2009, 11:56 PM

They should be made regular users; there's no reason for someone totally disconnected from the forum to have mod powers.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 17th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Well, Rimmer, please consider my request for you to step up as a mod again. Let bygones be bygones, and take up the reins on this woefully-misdirected forum. It needs it, it really, really needs it.

Also, I hope rzm will consider throwing his hat in the ring for modding. There may be nine mods on record technically, but the only one doing anything is Scikidus, and he's incompetent and out of control. I think he lets his temper override his common sense.

Scikky has proven that he is unfit for the job. He should be removed and replaced with Rimmer or RZM.

Paris Hilton
May 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM

The ones that I knew (Rimmer aside) weren't any better than this current lot.

fomenter
May 18th, 2009, 12:03 AM
They should be made regular users; there's no reason for someone totally disconnected from the forum to have mod powers.

get rid of them all and sickidis, and bring back goofy and loki and nominate two or three more five or so total should be enough if they are doing it right.

Dolores
May 18th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I did. I don't really feel like moderating when nobody wants moderation.

No one wants heavy-handed, power-tripping, favorite-playing moderating.

I think you can do it without resorting to any of those things.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Of course not, but I don't feel like just being the trash man for removing guest spam either. It's annoying. Plus, if you remember your history, I was the one who pissed off roger in the first place.

I'd just let the public board go its own way, and then archive the last 9 pages when it gets to 10 pages long.

Or just erase 'em.

Paris Hilton
May 18th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Of course not, but I don't feel like just being the trash man for removing guest spam either. It's annoying. Plus, if you remember your history, I was the one who pissed off roger in the first place.
You were just caught in the moment there Rimmer.
Honestly from what I saw it was SAVAGE along with Syberwhatever backed by Tsars incessant rants against PD that snowballed that whole thing. I'd wager Roger would agree.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM
You were just caught in the moment there Rimmer.
Honestly from what I saw it was SAVAGE along with Syberwhatever backed by Tsars incessant rants against PD that snowballed that whole thing. I'd wager Roger would agree.

It was Savage and Tsar, mostly, yes. Syber punk did his part, too.

What it really was, was the wall of reflexive hostility we ran into immediately. Some people (Tsar, Sister Faith, etc) never got past that.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 12:28 AM
rzm's been a Super Mod for months.

Yep yep.

I hardly do any modding though. I trash the spam (if and when I see it) and only mod things that have been reported...if it needs to be modded.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Yep yep.

I hardly do any modding though. I trash the spam (if and when I see it) and only mod things that have been reported...if it needs to be modded.

The best kind of mod is publicly a mod but nobody ever remembers that fact.

Paris Hilton
May 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Yep yep.

Yeah, ya know rzm61. As much as I may hate you, you have been a good Mod. :)

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah, ya know rzm61. As much as I may hate you, you have been a good Mod. :)

Well thank you. :)

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Yes, you've done absolutely nothing, like any good mod should.

<_<

>_>

Bullshit motherfucker!
I've deleted spam, moved certain threads and merged threads/posts.

Remember, when you've done something right...people wont know you've done anything at all.

Paris Hilton
May 18th, 2009, 01:07 AM

<_<

>_>

Well... That's not exactly what I meant. He's done all I think a Mod on a forum like this one should do.
No power trips, none of that 'this is the way it's going to be shit'.

I just call them as I see them, he's been a good Mod, he knows how to keep his own personal feelings out of group administration.
That's necessary.

Sister Faith
May 18th, 2009, 01:37 AM
It was Savage and Tsar, mostly, yes. Syber punk did his part, too.

What it really was, was the wall of reflexive hostility we ran into immediately. Some people (Tsar, Sister Faith, etc) never got past that.

I never got past it?!? It wasn't me playing the poor TGRR victim card every chance they got. It wasn't me who couldn't just let it go and move on. It wasn't me who couldn't just ignore Daruko, be the bigger man and leave it all outside. :icon_rolleyes:

What hostility from me are you talking about? You've had pretty much free reign here without any interference from me. Even though I've had the ability to frag your ass, I chose not to, letting you have your say, uncensored. That's freespeech, hon, and I have the right to it too, whether you like it or not.

A less tightly modded serious discussion board is what you wanted?
You got it, now DEAL.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM
The mad mob chase off sciki now too, did they?

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I never got past it?!?

Yeah, that's what I said.

rzm61
May 18th, 2009, 04:48 AM
So basically you've been a trashman.

CUSTODIAN, DICK!

EDIT: You know, there's an easier way to avoid spam. Just update the software, don't allow guests to post links, make it so they have to type in one of those silly codes to post or register, presto, you've crippled the spammers.

Tell that to Matt/Loki/Fallen. I can't do shit.

The Laughing Man
May 18th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I can't help but notice that this DrM guy signed up less than two months ago.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 05:07 AM

He certainly gets points for melodrama.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 05:09 AM
TROOF. I don't know what this guy's deal is.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 05:09 AM

Your opinion on the matter was unsolicited for a reason.

The Laughing Man
May 18th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Still ignoring me I see.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Still ignoring me I see.
Not always. It's clear our non-PD population is dropping by the day.
I may not go on restricting myself unnecessarily, if I feel like viewing a post, or not viewing. Things will be moving on soon.
I clearly still have the freedom to speak as I see fit, and therefore I do.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 18th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Not always. It's clear our non-PD population is dropping by the day.
I may not go on restricting myself unnecessarily, if I feel like viewing a post, or not viewing. Things will be moving on soon.
I clearly still have the freedom to speak as I see fit, and therefore I do.

Translation: Daruko has never had anyone on ignore. He lacks the discipline.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Translation: Daruko has never had anyone on ignore. He lacks the discipline.
It's not just about having people "on ignore". I needed some assistance developing the discipline to ignore some things. Admittedly, I had a hard time scrolling past posts I'd be better off doing just that with, until I started having to click "view post", and it kinda gives ya that extra moment to consider, "Do I really wanna read this next post?" It has improved things for me dramatically.

For one, my flame-to-content ratio is steadily improving. You should try to work on yours. Rage isn't ALWAYS healthy, ya know.

And it's always better for everyone if the rage you do express is at least funny.

Dolores
May 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Bullshit motherfucker!
I've deleted spam, moved certain threads and merged threads/posts.

Remember, when you've done something right...people wont know you've done anything at all.

The guy has a point.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM

<_<

>_>
OH SNAP

That's because Googlism is a lifestyle choice. Like that gym membership you never use.

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
The CoG is probably the coolest religion since ever.

Incorrect. The Monks of Cool are the coolest religion ever, closely followed by Yen Buddhists.

1. Our leader is Zaphod. He no longer cares about the site, he just parties in exotic locations. This means we cannot change the site. We need to get method-X to step down or make someone just as powerful as him so we can make some much needed changes.

This is a good point. Absentee slumlords are bad. You need a responsive and present leadership.

2. We have a fundamental problem with the management. Sure, i dont think that the management is doing a bad job, they just dont know what their job is yet. Here is the job of a mod or admin:
To make rules. If the rules dont make sense, change them. If someone has a valid reason for why the rule doesnt make sense then listen. But only if they present there case to change the rule in a civilized manner. If someone breaks the rules, then give them a few warnings then ban them if they do it again. No double standards.

I respectfully disagree. The job of the admin and mod is to

a) facilitate the forum's growth and creativity
b) clean up any messes or problems that result and could get the board owner into trouble (certain types of porn, lawbreaking etc)
c) intervene in the case of irreconcilable differences on part of the userbase as a whole

Small, but subtle differences. The userbase make the forum what it is. Mods and admins can be useful in forging an ethos and sense of group of identity, but they can just as easily shatter it by being unresponsive or with hamfisted tactics. Therefore, they should touch a forum lightly, and only when necessary.

3. Daruko is a prick. I dont care about what people think of him. I dont care what he thinks of me. He caused a lot of shit to fly and i think he should leave. Like many mentioned, he hs caused as much spam as Roger, we cant have a double standard.

Agreed there. Daruko is indeed a prick. He wont leave, because he is incapable of doing so (objects of his obsession/personal crusade are close by) but he should.

4. Roger is a pretentious prick. I dont care what people think of him. I dont care what he thinks of me. He caused even more shit to fly. He wont let things go. He just cant. Heres what it boils down to:
When you go on a forum, you follow the forum rules. Then the mods wont fuck with you.
Roger, you broke the forum rules. Im not gonna mention or argue how, there are many instances. If you arent gonna respect the mods you arent gonna be here for very long. Roger, they fucked with your posts because you put them in the wrong place. Its that simple. Read the lables on the fucking forum threads. Dont throw a fit when you dont get your way, it makes you look like a three year-old. Just saying.

Agreed, but with caveats. Roger tried being reasonable, and got warnings and threats in kind. Also, the forum mods don't follow their own rules, and some of them are patently stupid (I mean, Roger got an infraction for "foolhardiness" of all things). He then get scolded for not providing serious content, and then when he does, it get ignores or fucked with.

I'd be pretty damn pretentious and throwing shit in such circumstances. You cannot remove Roger's actions from the context in which they took place which is almost entirely mods being dicks.

5. PD'ers: I like you, i dont think you did anything wrong. The only thing i can see wrong is when you decided to become the good reverends lackeys. Im gonna get to the point here:
This isn't PD. The rules arent the same and shouldn't be. If you want a forum that is like PD then go to PD. If you have a problem with the management, then talk to them about it. If you get a no, then DEAL WITH IT YOU FUCKING WHINERS! I dont fucking care whether the management is corrupt or not. you follow its rules. Why? because the rules are there for a reason. to keep order. Management can always be changed. ALWAYS. You can shut down the management, but not by breaking its rules. What you do is you go to the suggestion box and talk about it, like civilized people. So remember: dont be angry at the rules, be angry at the management for creating them. That doesnt mean constantly screaming and whining like a three year old about how annoying the management is, that means making 1 (yes thats what i said 1!) thread about your complaint. If you think that the people in the forum are non-intelligent types, then FUCKING DEAL WITH IT! We need those forumites to keep us alive. Regardless of there intelligence. Its the pretentious pricks who were too snooty to talk with the unintelligent types who scared them off. Now we have no members. See a connection? If they are unintelligent, then fucking teach them dont demand they leave.

Um, now you're just talking crap.

1) Not Roger's lackey. I appreciated the reminder this place exists (I have other projects and cannot devote my time to being everywhere) and I do enjoy a good outing with the PD crew, but quite frankly I'd have been in the thick of it myself had I actually been around to see several of the events later described and linked to.

Also pro-tip: you don't win people over to your viewpoint by insulting them. Fortunately, I am reasonable, but many other people are not, and have probably already chewed you out for this mistake. Let that be a lesson.

2) Talking to management gets you condescension at best, or a ban at worst. "Talking" does nothing, and there are times where action is necessary to bring about the change desired.

3) I really don't think you know much about the type of people you are talking to here. Follow the rules because they are the rules, even if they are stupid and arbitrary? Not very Discordian, that attitude. Furthermore, its idiotic. People who play things by the book get co-opted or pushed into irrelevancy, hamstrug because the people who make the rules have no qualms about using that power to punish dissent. You already admit the management are corrupt and ineffective. So why to they and their rules merit following? From where to they derive their authority? If its because they have access to the administration panel, then really it means the mods should be obeyed because they are the stronger party. Sorry, but I never had much respect for people who have to rely on threats to get people to do things.

4) That one thread would be moved, hijacked and cut into irrelevancy. Why would one thread suffice against a corrupt and useless management? I think you overestimate the rationality and decent nature of the people responsible for this. They have no interest in bringing things to a reasonable conclusion because they define themselves by constant use of their powers and opposition to the PDers, or indeed anyone who voices a need for change.

5) Actually, it was the incessant flaming, which as I have explained elsewhere, is something the mods are perfectly happy to facilitate, which has driven people off. Again, this is why resolution is needed, and is not being sought by the powers that be.

A message to everyone:
Our church is in shambles. Rebuild. Id suggest rooting out all the flame threads. Then rooting out all the sexual content. (by rooting out i mean delete.) Then, rename serious discussion. (probably advanced search) If neccessary, get new management. Get rid of guest posting. We cant have people who were banned coming back. That is counterproductive. I will be coming back to check on the congregation in a month. Have fun.

You can have fun slinging shit at the content of this thread. I wont be here to listen.
I'll be gone.
Gone.

The only one of those which is necessary is to purge the management, and put in people who are competent, reasonable and want the forum to succeed.

Cain
May 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Do you ever get tired of jumping to assumptions and being wrong?

Also, 4chan speak has been and always will be lame.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 18th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Do you ever get tired of jumping to assumptions and being wrong?

The purpose of that comment was solely to annoy Paris. If I was right, that's a bonus.

Also, 4chan speak has been and always will be lame.

*Shrugs* It seemed appropriate, seeing as how we're dealing with Paris.

Daruko
May 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Nobody aside from you and your buddies who all vote the same way, agree with each other on everything, etc. have a problem here. Coincidence? Of course NOT! You bitch each other out on PD when someone "steps on your toes" during a "group troll".

Nobody who was at the CoG BEFORE you came back to wreak havoc has had any problem with the mods. The "bad modding" complaints come out of the same 9 ppl, all whom have just become active about a month ago or less to help their PD buddies. Only at the CoG can 9 ppl waltz into a new forum, demand the rules be abandoned, flame the place to oblivion (causing as many members to leave as just joined), demand the mods all be fired, members be banned, and still be taken srsly.

At any other forum, every one of you would've been banned at the door, and you know it. The reason it goes on, is because you are right about one thing. The forum is essentially dead. Nobody cares anymore.

fomenter
May 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Nobody aside from you and your buddies who all vote the same way, agree with each other on everything, etc. have a problem here. Coincidence? Of course NOT! You bitch each other out on PD when someone "steps on your toes" during a "group troll".

Nobody who was at the CoG BEFORE you came back to wreak havoc has had any problem with the mods. The "bad modding" complaints come out of the same 9 ppl, all whom have just become active about a month ago or less to help their PD buddies. Only at the CoG can 9 ppl waltz into a new forum, demand the rules be abandoned, flame the place to oblivion (causing as many members to leave as just joined), demand the mods all be fired, members be banned, and still be taken srsly.

At any other forum, every one of you would've been banned at the door, and you know it. The reason it goes on, is because you are right about one thing. The forum is essentially dead. Nobody cares anymore.
nice attempt at baiting us hoping to fan the flames? throw gas on the fire?
it wouldn't be because things have just settled down again would it? or because when the fire goes down and people listen to what we say, does it kill you that we are better at seeing the big picture and offering solutions to the forum that will help fix it? or do you try to start fights because when it calms down we contribute intelligent discussions and interesting content and your contribution seems small in comparison?

flame on daruko flame on

Paris Hilton
May 18th, 2009, 05:02 PM
The purpose of that comment was solely to annoy Paris. If I was right, that's a bonus.
Oh boy did it ever. I was so annoyed I cried like a little girl.

*Shrugs* It seemed appropriate, seeing as how we're dealing with Paris.
Well yes, because /b/ is the way I roll.
Sometimes I laugh at your lame attempts to right yourself, other times I just laugh at your attempts.

Most times though, I just laugh at you.

Dr. Drilling_Teeth
May 18th, 2009, 07:03 PM

And this is why it didn't work out for you at PD... you still don't get it. Kinda sad in a way, sometimes you seem 99% of the way there and then you stick your head up your ass and jump off the high dive into an empty swimming pool.

Although, I agree with part of your conclusion; this site is dead, it will soon deliver its last convulsive jerk and that final death rattle of a breath. It is dead, not because of Trolls, Never Is It So, for a troll is only ever as good as its victim allows. No, it is due to the territorial programs of our forefathers, the stupid and ironic Us vs Them, which religion used to play God to and now Anti-Religion does equally as well. That anyone would consider an Internet forum SIRIUSBIZNESS is silly, that anyone would consider an Internet forum, based on parody, SIRIUSBIZNESS is beyond silly and well into the realm of ludicrous. But, here it is... the monkeys and their tribes, falling victim to the same programs they hate among the religious, yet changing only the names and leaving the programs the same.

However, in the end, its been a lot of fun watching the place collapse for the Greater Glory of Discordia.

The Good Reverend Roger
May 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Troll.

Nosferatu
May 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
There is an alternative, with completely different management: http://churchofgoogle.net/

You know what'll happen of course...of course...

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Troll.

From you, is that an insult, or a compliment? I really can't tell :D

The Good Reverend Roger
May 19th, 2009, 10:52 PM
From you, is that an insult, or a compliment? I really can't tell :D

Yes.

Loki
May 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Nobody who was at the CoG BEFORE you came back to wreak havoc has had any problem with the mods.

Wanna bet? I've had a bit of shit from all of them :D

Tsar, was it you that said Roger had invited Paris over to back him up? Sorry mate but that's cobblers - believe me, Paris isn't going to do anything he (sorry, she) doesn't want to do.

How do I know that? Paris is the closest netizen I have. He's my best mate on the net and I know him better than anyone on this site.

We share a lot of common values - you'd be amazed how sensible we can be when needed.

And we could drink you under the table :D

Paris Hilton
May 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Wanna bet? I've had a bit of shit from all of them :D

Tsar, was it you that said Roger had invited Paris over to back him up? Sorry mate but that's cobblers - believe me, Paris isn't going to do anything he (sorry, she) doesn't want to do.
Sheeps just don't understand things like that. No sense in trying to explain it to him.

How do I know that? Paris is the closest netizen I have. He's my best mate on the net and I know him better than anyone on this site.

Likewise D.

We share a lot of common values - you'd be amazed how sensible we can be when needed.
Ok, now you're being silly. :D

And we could drink you under the table :D
Without burping even.

Loki
May 20th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Ok, now you're being silly. :D

Yeah, I know. I have this mental condition that forces me to say stupid things.
Like I sometimes feel the need to remind people that we're not really as thick as pig shit.

Oh hell, I've got my finger stuck in a beer bottle again - sec...

MeTHoD-X
May 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
I party in exotic locations? Excuse me. Where did you hear that? I went on vacation to Fort Lauderdale for a month during the winter months. Big deal. That implies I'm some elitist douche. The sense of entitlement people have (over free content!) these days is ridiculous.

What people fail to realize is that very little can be added to the main site. Aside from perhaps a blog about <something, but what?>.

And on a side rant, I DO have a life with obligations. I have Camino Marketing to take care of and that's a pretty big load on my shoulders. I spend time with my girlfriend, I (shock) party with friends because I like it.

I've handed the FTP password over to 3 - 5 people in the past and none of them have done anything with the main page. Which is fine by me. If YOU think you have something to contribute, feel free to suggest it.

As for the forum, I personally want ZERO to do with any silly internet forum politics. Been down that road before and I won't ever go down it again. I'll take people suggestions and implement the ones I like, but beyond that I'm not touching this forum. That is for other people to manage. Loki has the administrative power to do as he pleases with it. I'm fine with that. He shares my vision of a militant free discussion forum.

I don't want this place turning into a congregation for militant atheist dickheads (you know who you are).

Matt

Cain
May 22nd, 2009, 12:10 PM
I've put suggestions down in the suggestion box which I think would help improve this forum some degree. If you could look over them, I would appreciate it.

rzm61
May 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
HI MATT! :D

Loki
May 22nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
HI MATT! :D

He can't hear you mate - he's partying it up at the beach with lots of beer and nekkid laydees :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QCZ_bv9aLc&feature=related

rzm61
May 23rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Fucking canadian.

Synonymous
July 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
This could become one of those self fulfilling prophecies, which I hope nobody wants! Atheism is pure arrogant self indulgence among other things.

I only just got here so my perspective on this is probably valuable statistically. I immediately fell in love with the concept of a Church of Google, it was very nifty. Unfortunately the amount of bickering that appears to be going on is very off-putting. I don't know why any of it is going on, what you have is a repository for retardation that isn't being used as it should. It is a popular technique to have an area of the forum that spammy or just plain old shit threads are moved to, and it can be posted in by members who just want to chat pure shite.

djura
July 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Atheism is pure arrogant self indulgence among other things.

care to elaborate for a sec?

The Good Reverend Roger
July 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
What the hell are you talking about? What bickering going on? In case you didn't notice this thread is months old. PD vs CoG is old news and not relevant anymore.

Or not.

Pity bump.

rzm61
July 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM
rzm's been a Super Mod for months.

I've been a what now? :D

Seriously though I feel bad seeing how I'm hardly ever here anymore...but that is also because I'm on the road now. BUT! Currently I'm at Tag's place. Got here a little after 1:30AM

DrM
July 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
This could become one of those self fulfilling prophecies, which I hope nobody wants! Atheism is pure arrogant self indulgence among other things.

I only just got here so my perspective on this is probably valuable statistically. I immediately fell in love with the concept of a Church of Google, it was very nifty. Unfortunately the amount of bickering that appears to be going on is very off-putting. I don't know why any of it is going on, what you have is a repository for retardation that isn't being used as it should. It is a popular technique to have an area of the forum that spammy or just plain old shit threads are moved to, and it can be posted in by members who just want to chat pure shite.

I dunno about the atheism comment. (please note, were not all atheists, most are agnostics). The worst of the bickering is over now. And RZM, say hi to tag for me. Also, i think a lot of us have moved on. I must apologize also for not being as active as i used to. But we shouldnt feel guilty for having a life.

rzm61
July 25th, 2009, 07:48 PM
The bickering came recently.

:icon_lol:

From what I understand, you are the one who came recently. Bickering has always been here, as long as there is the internet and a little bit of anonymity there will always be some form of bickering.

rzm61
July 25th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Everybody seems to have get-togethers except me.

Aww. Should I send you an invitation for the next box social?

Loki
July 25th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Everybody seems to have get-togethers except me.

Hahahahaha. I'm supposed to get off my arse in a month or so and meet some friends in Holland :icon_eek:.
Apparently there's a coffee shop about 5 mins away from my friends house.

This doesn't bode well :D

rmw
July 26th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Hahahahaha. I'm supposed to get off my arse in a month or so and meet some friends in Holland :icon_eek:.

:icon_lol: Apparently then, this meet up will take place at the coffee shop. Don't worry, we'll take pictures and tell you what happened. ;)

Sister Faith
July 26th, 2009, 04:51 AM
:icon_lol: Don't worry, we'll take pictures and tell you what happened. ;)

Why don't you just give him the links after you've uploaded the pics to YouTube, then he'll be able to see for himself. :icon_lol:

tagnostic
July 26th, 2009, 05:27 AM
right now
the
quorum
is
here

Sister Faith
July 26th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I can't wait to see the video. ;)

Got any clips to whet the appetite? :icon_lol:

tagnostic
July 26th, 2009, 05:42 AM
you'll have to
talk to the geek
who's watching
Transformers
thats too
High Tech for me

sailor
July 27th, 2009, 06:43 AM

so, when are you arriving now? if it's past ten pm, i'm afraid a lawn chair by the pool has your name on it.

that is you coming, isn't it??

http://twitter.com/sailor7sure

Synonymous
July 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hey you guys! I meant atheists are basically in denial, they assume that all of what "Science" knows to be true is true and that there is nothing that can't be explained away with science. If you've ever watched "The mysterious origins of man" bizarrely hosted by Charlton Heston, you'll know that there are a lot of holes in what we know.

Atheists are oblivious to these inconsistencies and simply choose to believe what's in the history books. They are more naive than the religious zealots that they despise. Agnosticism is the acceptance that we know very little with a definite desire to know more, rather than simply give up on research and make out that you know everything.

djura
July 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hey you guys! I meant atheists are basically in denial, they assume that all of what "Science" knows to be true is true and that there is nothing that can't be explained away with science. If you've ever watched "The mysterious origins of man" bizarrely hosted by Charlton Heston, you'll know that there are a lot of holes in what we know.

Atheists are oblivious to these inconsistencies and simply choose to believe what's in the history books. They are more naive than the religious zealots that they despise. Agnosticism is the acceptance that we know very little with a definite desire to know more, rather than simply give up on research and make out that you know everything.

I think it's other way around, maybe you got it backwards or something. Theists are the ones to stop seeking answers, simply by allowing a "higher being" to take credit for doing something we fail to understand. Sure there are gaps in our knowledge, and one may even say there is infinite number of things we fail to understand, but that does not prove much more but our own stupidity.
I guess my atheism lies in the fact that god is a cheep date. He'll only make you think he knows all the answers, maybe even buy you an occasional drink, but as soon as you start planing long term, he wont have anything left to offer you except for "because I sad so" argument.
Besides, theism carries one important dilemma - whether or not the moral principals and values a theist obeys are really his own, or dictated from deity one worships. I really resent the idea that don't kill, rape, steal, etc. are all predefined requests by higher being. If this is really the case, and somehow we learn of gods nonresistance, well then, we're fucked, for every believer out there will turn into a mass murderer. It's like you've been held prisoner in a maximum security facility without a possibility of parole, and somebody suddenly tared down the fence...

The Good Reverend Roger
July 28th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Is Dr M still crying?

The Good Reverend Roger
July 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM

Hear that? PD is, apparently, only my lackeys.

Loki
July 28th, 2009, 11:08 PM

I'm sitting on the fence with that one.

I do think that agnostic is the only philosophy we can be sure about :icon_mrgreen:.

"Atheists are oblivious to these inconsistencies and simply choose to believe what's in the history books. They are more naive than the religious zealots that they despise."

Some are, some aren't. We're all people and we all have our individual thoughts and beliefs. If you don't then you're a brain donor.

Daruko
July 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Some are, some aren't. We're all people and we all have our individual thoughts and beliefs. If you don't then you're a brain donor.
True Dat.

Loki
August 1st, 2009, 12:10 AM
True Dat.

So why do you judge people as you do? Treat people as individuals and not group members.
It's fun if you try :D

fomenter
August 1st, 2009, 12:12 AM
So why do you judge people as you do? Treat people as individuals and not group members.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 1st, 2009, 03:23 AM

:neutral:

tagnostic
August 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM
judging
is easy
carrying
out the
sentence
is hard

Clark Nova
August 1st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Christ this place is doing worse then I thought. Its just will posting his garbage everywhere. I cant see ANY new people coming in here as long as thats going on. Well you've all been a terrible audience, goodnight.

Loki
August 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Christ this place is doing worse then I thought. Its just will posting his garbage everywhere. I cant see ANY new people coming in here as long as thats going on. Well you've all been a terrible audience, goodnight.

I've got a bit of free time now so I'll try to stir things up. And we have an active admin at last :D

The Good Reverend Roger
August 1st, 2009, 07:57 PM
I've got a bit of free time now so I'll try to stir things up. And we have an active admin at last :D

I have this image of a guy doing vaudeville routines in an empty theater.

And fuck your admin, and fuck you.

Loki
August 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
I have this image of a guy doing vaudeville routines in an empty theater.

And fuck your admin, and fuck you.

And fuck you too my dear friend :D
(PS - you ok Roger? I read your new sig and wondered if they got the dose wrong :icon_razz:)

The Good Reverend Roger
August 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM
And fuck you too my dear friend :D
(PS - you ok Roger? I read your new sig and wondered if they got the dose wrong :icon_razz:)

Nope. Had another heart attack, apparently.

But that doesn't change the situation here, or the implied insult both originally delivered, plus the one a few posts up.

fomenter
August 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
i thought it was a poke at daruko a few posts up, did i miss something?

Loki
August 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM
Implied insult? Don't be daft Roger, I think you're piss funny and I'm only acting like this 'cos I know you're a good bloke who can take the same shit that you give out.

You had an MI? Fuck!
OK, this is without stupid - are you ok? I'm being serious here. What happened?

I'm not joking for a change.

Loki
August 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
i thought it was a poke at daruko a few posts up, did i miss something?

Nope, it was a dig at Daru :D

The Good Reverend Roger
August 2nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Implied insult? Don't be daft Roger, I think you're piss funny and I'm only acting like this 'cos I know you're a good bloke who can take the same shit that you give out.

You had an MI? Fuck!
OK, this is without stupid - are you ok? I'm being serious here. What happened?

I'm not joking for a change.

*shrug*

I had another heart attack. These things happen. Especially when you have traitorous organs that can't hack having a good time.

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Which individual here do you feel I've judged improperly? Fomenter? Clark Nova? Who? I've interacted with everyone I see on this thread more than enough to have an individual picture; much more than a group label. ;)
*shrug*

I had another heart attack. These things happen. Especially when you have traitorous organs that can't hack having a good time.
I feel that living well is more important than living long. If you can't have it both ways, I guess you gotta make a choice. Or re-examine your idea of living "well"?

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Nothing has changed for a long time. The CoG needs new faces, which won't happen without appropriate site development and advertising, and won't happen if new members have to deal with the level of trolling we've come to expect. That stuff works well for a strong full board of familiars, but not a board in this state. The board needs nurtured, but few will nurture it unless their efforts are allowed to come to fruition. 2C

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
since your only contribution around here is to show up and flame-bait tgrr and pd members when they post here,
and make asinine posts about saving the cog, to make yourself feel better about what you are doing to wreck it,
maybe you should do the cog a favor and really save it..

daruko the only person that can stop the trolling is you ...if trolling is all you can do, then leaving is all you can do to fix or help the cog...

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
since your only contribution around here is to show up and flame-bait tgrr and pd members when they post here,
and make asinine posts about saving the cog, to make yourself feel better about what you are doing to wreck it,
maybe you should do the cog a favor and really save it..

daruko the only person that can stop the trolling is you ...if trolling is all you can do, then leaving is all you can do to fix or help the cog...
In the past month and half I can count my posts on one hand, up until today, on which I decided to write 4 or 5 posts. It's funny that you're still blaming me though. You've been a mod for almost two months. This place hasn't changed a bit.

This is about the umpteenth time I've mentioned developing advertising, for the record. Flash, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, whatever, I got ya covered on this end, but who wants to put work into development and growth? Bah. What you are saying basically sounds like "we don't want your contribution"... which illustrates my point exactly. Why would anyone contribute? No more reason today than last week, last month, or before that.

You're serving an ongoing death sentence to this site, and then you sit around and complain about it. Now that's just silly.

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM
dumb ass the posts you showed up to make "coincidentally" right after tgrr comes back from not posting here are all flame bait and pretend savior..

its to obvious

i don't blame you for the mess this place is, i blame the same things as i blamed before (bad modding bad forum setup and i evangelical atheism ) and you wouldn't know this because tgrr hasn't been posting so you haven't been here to try to start a fight, but the bad modding has stopped the Fundy atheists and their christian bashing is over and the forum rearranging has begun (less bots new smiles new sections) and more is planned

if you have something real to contribute then do it... but your pattern is obvious and you are called on it flame bait pdr's and pretend to care and if that is all you got then yes "i don't want your contribution.."

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
dumb ass the posts you showed up to make "coincidentally" right after tgrr comes back from not posting here are all flame bait and pretend savior..

its to obvious

i don't blame you for the mess this place is, i blame the same things as i blamed before (bad modding bad forum setup and i evangelical atheism ) and you wouldn't know this because tgrr hasn't been posting so you haven't been here to try to start a fight, but the bad modding has stopped the Fundy atheists and their christian bashing is over and the forum rearranging has begun (less bots new smiles new sections) and more is planned

if you have something real to contribute then do it... but your pattern is obvious and you are called on it flame bait pdr's and pretend to care and if that is all you got then yes "i don't want your contribution.."
I haven't been around because I didn't feel like posting after you became a mod. I'm all about planning, but if you're focused on drama, and not the idea or project itself, than it's not easy to contribute. If you're at work helping another employee complete a project, and this person spends their whole day focusing on office gossip, how much time and effort are you willing to put into helping them with that project?

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I haven't been around because I didn't feel like posting after you became a mod.i am an admin now will you stay away longer??? I'm all about planning, but if you're focused on drama, and not the idea or project itself, than it's not easy to contribute. If you're at work helping another employee complete a project, and this person spends their whole day focusing on office gossip, how much time and effort are you willing to put into helping them with that project?there has been no drama or gossip you haven't been here to stir it up,
and i am focused on and have been getting things done.
calling you on your bullshit is my pleasure and in no way distracts from fixing the cog..

nice attempt at redirecting but it failed and it doesn't change the fact that you have nothing of any value to offer.
but come back next year and flame roger and tell us how you want to save the cog ...see you then...

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
i am an admin now will you stay away longer??? there has been no drama or gossip you haven't been here to stir it up,
and i am focused on and have been getting things done.
calling you on your bullshit is my pleasure and in no way distracts from fixing the cog..

nice attempt at redirecting but it failed and it doesn't change the fact that you have nothing of any value to offer.
but come back next year and flame roger and tell us how you want to save the cog ...see you then...
Okay, enjoy your silly retarded ass site. It's coming along really nicely. I'll be off doing boring and uninteresting things while you guys have a blast here. :icon_lol:

The Good Reverend Roger
August 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Okay, enjoy your silly retarded ass site. It's coming along really nicely. I'll be off doing boring and uninteresting things while you guys have a blast here. :icon_lol:

Oh, it's over now. However can a board survive without Daruko?

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
nice of him to admit his real opinion of cog on his way out (not that anyone that read his posts didn't know what he was up to all along)

Clark Nova
August 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Oh, it's over now. However can a board survive without Daruko?
Suddenly, a glimmer of hope for CoG

Loki
August 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Which individual here do you feel I've judged improperly? Fomenter? Clark Nova? Who? I've interacted with everyone I see on this thread more than enough to have an individual picture; much more than a group label. ;)

I feel that living well is more important than living long. If you can't have it both ways, I guess you gotta make a choice. Or re-examine your idea of living "well"?

When a 4 starts your age (and you've lived a bit too well) longevity suddenly sounds quite attractive :D

And I really don't have a problem with anyone, daru. You have to admit that you're the cause of most of your problems?
We've spoken to each other via PM and you're not a daft bloke. Far from it.
The problem is that go on the defensive (and offensive) the second someone criticises you.

And some people will see that and think 'Woot, game on!' :D

Just chill. Smoke a bowl of your favourite poison and let the insults wash over you.

OK, I can get a bit stroppy too but I have a shout and that's the end of it. I don't dwell on past slights.

Paul Vii
August 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
5 administers 6 moderators 16 ministers to manage i'll guess about 5 active posters. i'm not convinced chasing off darko will solve your problems here. the last time i was active here so was he. at that time this site was getting at least 20 posts per day. lol now its up to what? 20 per week? lollollol but i digress. he should be gone to! like the rest of the posters. keep up the great work guys!

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
out with the old trolls and in with more old trolls....

does the fun ever stop :fap:

Loki
August 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
5 administers 6 moderators 16 ministers to manage i'll guess about 5 active posters. i'm not convinced chasing off darko will solve your problems here. the last time i was active here so was he. at that time this site was getting at least 20 posts per day. lol now its up to what? 20 per week? lollollol but i digress. he should be gone to! like the rest of the posters. keep up the great work guys!

I is a personal pronoun and should be capitalised. Administrators, not administers. Daruko, not darko (I think you might be confusing him with a cinema release)

Too, not to!

Hi Paul, the constipation giving you problems again?

Paul Vii
August 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
out with the old trolls and in with more old trolls....

does the fun ever stop :fap:

hows the view from that side old friend? hypocrite much?

Paul Vii
August 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
I is a personal pronoun and should be capitalised. Administrators, not administers. Daruko, not darko (I think you might be confusing him with a cinema release)

Too, not to!

Hi Paul, the constipation giving you problems again?

of course. when you have nothing to argue with..... you look for spelling and grammar mistakes. pure man of genius.

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
the power is awesome, i demand that all bow before my benevolent rule ;)

name your hypocrisy, i haven't done anything different from what i have asked or would ask others to do (yet) but if you can give me a good example i might try out some hypocrisy just for fun.. :fap:

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
loki: me being brash, sounding angry when in fact dry, as usual. "retarded ass site" was referring to paul's point. dead site. not interesting now. i.e., shitflinging does not constitute criticism, and a site with nothing but shitflinging doesn't tend to amount to much.

nothing gets created with so much shitflinging. hardly anything is funny. creating new ideas, new things, jokes with some other purpose than baiting, inviting people to join, etc.. those things help.

i have a ton of friends that get online and network, and at one time i thought i'd invite them to PD (before) or to here. My wife and one of my close friends tried hopping on, but shitflinging chased them right off. The point here is.. WHO among anyone here would honestly invite a friend or relative to come here right now and join? Anyone? "Hey bro, you should join the churchofgoogle cuz it's really cool!" lol. right.

ppl say they want to develop the church and expand upon it's purpose and premise and shit, and of course i'm at blame, but the more I remove myself from hanging out here, the more of the same I see when I pop by. It's pathetic. and I know you are not daft, and therefore cannot be oblivious to CoG's ongoing FAIL. The CoG sucks, and nothing tried thus far has succeeded. i don't think i have the only solution, but i know i've seen the same tired approach all year, and it hasn't accomplished shit.

I know you try to stay open minded Loki, and I've always liked that about you, but your "open-minded" approach has cost this site dearly up to this point. Of course, there's always potential for things to change, people to develop integrity. I'm still an optimist, after all, and it's only a single website anyway. I take all this about as seriously as my dance moves during "get up offa that thing"; which is to say, dead serious.

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
loki: me being brash, sounding angry when in fact dry, lie as usual. "retarded ass site" was referring to paul's point. dead site. not interesting now. i.e., shitflinging does not constitute criticism, and a site with nothing but shitflinging doesn't tend to amount to much. there was little or none till you got here

nothing gets created with so much shitflinging. hardly anything is funny. creating new ideas, new things, jokes with some other purpose than baiting, inviting people to join, etc.. those things help. there was little or none till you got here

i have a ton of friends that get online and network, and at one time i thought i'd invite them to PD (before) or to here. My wife and one of my close friends tried hopping on, but shitflinging chased them right off. The point here is.. WHO among anyone here would honestly invite a friend or relative to come here right now and join? Anyone? "Hey bro, you should join the churchofgoogle cuz it's really cool!" lol. right. this is not pd just because you only show up here to troll pd members does not make it pd

ppl say they want to develop the church and expand upon it's purpose and premise and shit, and of course i'm at blame, but the more I remove myself from hanging out here, the more of the same I see when I pop by. It's pathetic. and I know you are not daft, and therefore cannot be oblivious to CoG's ongoing FAIL. The CoG sucks, nice shit flinging way to contribute to improve cog daruko and nothing tried thus far has succeeded. i don't think i have the only solution, but i know i've seen the same tired approach all year, and it hasn't accomplished shit.

progress on turning this place into something nice after the mess it was is slow process, i will say it again you are here to troll, it is obvious to everyone, and nothing you say to try to cover, none of your pretending to want this place to be better will deflect the focus from your arrival today being a troll and your only reason for being here.

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
progress on turning this place into something nice after the mess it was is slow process, i will say it again you are here to troll, it is obvious to everyone, and nothing you say to try to cover, none of your pretending to want this place to be better will deflect the focus from your arrival today being a troll and your only reason for being here.
And retranslating everything people type isn't trolling. No sir. You are not, in fact, doing that to several people on this site currently. :burp: Yup, you're coming in perfectly clear sir.

My arrival today, had to do with me working with after effects right now, and thinking I might do a flash church of google logo-ed ad or something, and then wondering what the point would be, and then pretty much posting some thoughts derived at that point here. So there ya go, Dr. Freud... explain my motivations simply.

fomenter
August 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM
riiight... that's why it was all replies made to the focus of your obsession Tgrr and BS about how we haven't done anything to develop the site to make your arrival look like something other than the tgrr obsessed freak you are ... sorry not buying

Daruko
August 2nd, 2009, 11:54 PM
I hit the new posts button and replied to the first few threads i clicked on.

Nothing I say will ever dissuade you from this accusation. It's been this way for... how long now? It's ridiculous. If I saw anyone in person (in r/l) here... anyone at all. TGRR. Do you think I'd do anything but offer to buy you a pint or something? Most people have the potential for positive interactions, no matter how fucking dense they are. I don't revel in the hateshit. Only if I'm being sarcastic, or making a crack. Tsar or Tag or Loki or anyone not PD-pre-biased or post-PD-biased or anyone willing to question possible bias could connect the dots to see that I only make cracks at people baiting and trolling to begin with, including those mentioned, when I see them being mischievous dorks. Not for any sense of purpose, but because that's my sense of humor, or my sarcastic flawed psychological hangup or whatever. It is what it is.

Did I get spend a little time in the emotional-territorial circuit after you guys troll-bombed the fuck out of this place last year, and I settled in and made friendly, and then you came back and started troll-bombing the fuck out of the place again, and then Loki made you a mod/admin, or wtf ever? Have I revisited that circuit... am I likely to revisit that circuit? Possibly. Sure. All of the above. YES sir! Guilty as charged.

But that's not the point at all. I like doing NEW things. Not regurgitating the same tired troll shit all year long. Are you receiving me? Can you hear me now?

fomenter
August 3rd, 2009, 12:06 AM
nobodies kicking you out, but you cant get away with your BS either, i have to much fun calling you on it for that to EVER happen so....

you want to do something new DO IT but i have been around here and pd long enough to know when you are up to the SAME OLD shit, if there is anyone left at cog who hasn't caught on to it yet i would be surprised..
but don't bother pulling it here even if some cog members let you, because i will call you on it, and tgrr will call you on it, and the cogr's that have caught on will probably call you on it...

so lets see something NEW.

Clark Nova
August 3rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_dAVmiFQ5bd4/R9rdrawvRYI/AAAAAAAAABM/Ak1rcCTZK1A/S1600-R/Ad+Nauseam1.jpg

Loki
August 3rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
I know you try to stay open minded Loki, and I've always liked that about you, but your "open-minded" approach has cost this site dearly up to this point.

Daru, you've said the very same thing that some Ministers have. I'm open-minded. I'm lazy, I'm the problem, I'm the devil incarnate... (well, not the last one. I've been called an evil ladymuff though :D)

This is what I really can't understand - I make no excuses for my idiocy. I make cock-ups every day - I'm human.

But...

What the fuck is wrong with being open minded? If I'd been a bit more parochial I'd have banned your arse months ago.
Why? 'cos you start fights and then do the old "It wasn't me!" shite.

But no - I've not done that and I tend to growl at anyone that suggests it.

Just stop baiting folks. I'm getting pig sick of it.

fomenter
August 3rd, 2009, 01:10 AM
:icon_lol: once they see through his routine everyone gets sick of it..

but he is going to do NEW things now :when pigs fly:

Loki
August 3rd, 2009, 02:01 AM
I just don't understand - he's an intelligent man. Yeah, really. But why the wife shit? I thought she'd died or left or something. At least that's what I read.

Must be my short term memory loss again :D

fomenter
August 3rd, 2009, 02:17 AM
i don't think your memory is that bad its a pity story he tried to sell at pd

The Good Reverend Roger
August 3rd, 2009, 02:55 AM
of course. when you have nothing to argue with..... you look for spelling and grammar mistakes. pure man of genius.

You aren't making "mistakes". You're being sloppy. Why are you sloppy? Because you're too damned lazy to employ proper English.

And if you're too lazy to do that, then what could you possibly say that's worth hearing?

Paul Vii
August 3rd, 2009, 04:50 AM
You aren't making "mistakes". You're being sloppy. Why are you sloppy? Because you're too damned lazy to employ proper English.

And if you're too lazy to do that, then what could you possibly say that's worth hearing?

Yep. Because I'm stoned. I say lots of worth hearing shit. Stick around, pay attention. Do you like Beef Jerky? I'm eating a 92g bag myself. It's kinda Yummmy

The Good Reverend Roger
August 3rd, 2009, 05:09 AM
Yep. Because I'm stoned.

Oh, you're a pot head.

You should just say that up front, so people don't waste their time bothering with you.

Paul Vii
August 3rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
Oh, you're a pot head.

You should just say that up front, so people don't waste their time bothering with you.

Why do I bother.....sigh I'm not a pothead. ;( I'm an Tequila and Mescal freak. Is it OK I get stoned this way? OK, Thank you

fomenter
August 3rd, 2009, 07:04 AM
loki: me being brash, sounding angry when in fact dry, as usual. "retarded ass site" was referring to paul's point. dead site. not interesting now. i.e., . do you mean post 127 where he said we had gone from 20 posts a day to 20 a week? http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showpost.php?p=140145&postcount=127 i am impressed that you would be referring to what he said in this post because you quoted me and called it a retarded ass site here in post 122 http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showpost.php?p=140131&postcount=122 5 posts before pauls first post in this thread :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nice fail daruko :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Daruko
August 3rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
I wasn't replying to paul. I was calling it retarded, as in NOW, as paul also pointed out. That this site is dead. Now. Didn't use to be. I witnessed this site not being dead and pure fail. I was here.

I felt the need to clarify that statement, because I realized you were likely to imagine me saying that angrily as I pounded my fists on the table or something after I reread it. I am more naturally offensive than intentionally so. lol.

Anyway, I'll bring out the productive for a trial run. Why not. I'll start on a mock up along the lines I was thinking tomorrow. I should be able to finish something in my spare time before the semester starts back up again.

Also, yeah! Potheads are worthless losers! Fuck yes! :flick:

Speaking of potheads. Loki: Wife is alive and well, thanks. Kids too. We all stayed up late and watched My Neighbor Totoro tonight. Miyazaki film. Good. Don't worry about everything being your fault. I figured you'd screw it up anyway.

Clark Nova
August 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
so much bullshit in one post

The Good Reverend Roger
August 4th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I wasn't replying to paul. I was calling it retarded, as in NOW, as paul also pointed out. That this site is dead.

Then just go, Daruko.

How hard is it?

Daruko
August 4th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Then just go, Daruko.

How hard is it?
You said the same thing a heartbeat ago.

OfficerFriendly
August 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
What am i? Chopped liver?

fomenter
August 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.jewzo.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/year_of_choppedliver-1.jpgCHOPPED LIVER
1933, 1945, 1957, 1969,1981, 1993, 2005
People either love you or hate you, making you wonder "what am I, chopped liver?" But don’t get a complex, you're always welcome at the holidays! Bagel's got your backside.

the jewish zodiac

tagnostic
August 4th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I prefer my
liver
pickled

fomenter
August 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM
some look at life
and see thorns
you look at life
and cirrhosis

rmw
August 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
some look at life
and see thorns
you look at life
and cirrhosis

:icon_lol: Very punny...

OfficerFriendly
August 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
:hmm:

fomenter
August 4th, 2009, 09:01 PM
:hmm:
ya never know

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/members/vertigo+paris/albums/misc+pics-36/thread-derail-1953.jpg

rmw
August 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
ya never know

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/members/vertigo+paris/albums/misc+pics-36/thread-derail-1953.jpg

It happens.

Sister Faith
August 4th, 2009, 09:54 PM
And it couldn't have come at a better time!
K, I've had it with all you squabbling CHILDREN. :arrgh:

The reason this place is in such a mess has NOTHING to do with how it's set up or the style of modding or how laid-back Loki is. This place went to hand in a Hell Basket when you lot (PD) brought your petty little arguments and gripes here. It's your continued picking at the scabs of a dead horse that are turning away new members. It's old, it's mind numbingly, soul-destroyingly BORING and NOBODY gives a rats ass who did/said what on some other DUMB-ASS forum.

Your intolerance of each other and your inability to just let the past go and start fresh has infested this place like flies on shit.

Fo, etc & Daruko, I'll say this once and once only. Both sides are just as guilty as the other when it comes to the flame baiting and rising to the bait. If anyone should be leaving because of it, it's ALL OF YOU.

Special question for New Admin. Fo: Wasn't it you who said a good mod/admin should be as un-biased as possible :icon_wut?: Wasn't it you who said to just ignore the trolls and not feed them :icon_wut?: By the looks of this thread, I guess I was too quick to give you credit for practicing what you preach. :icon_evil:

I don't want to see anymore calls for ANYONE to leave here or any campaigns to run anyone off the board. We can't afford to be losing any more regulars. Besides, we all have something to contribute to this site whether we like the contributer or not.

AND I SWEAR TO GOOGLE, I will knock all your fucking bloated heads together if any of you continue with this tiresome BULL SHIT, as well as deleting your posts, whether you are a mod/admin or not. THAT'S A PROMISE. :icon_evil:

rzm61
August 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
:troll:

:icon_razz:

Sister Faith
August 4th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I don't want to see anymore calls for ANYONE to leave here or any campaigns to run anyone off the board.

Edit: With the possible exception of Rzm69 of course. :icon_eviltwisted:

rzm61
August 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
<3 :fap:

Sister Faith
August 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
<3 :fap:

Erm... me too? :shrug:

rzm61
August 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
:icon_razz:

fomenter
August 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
The reason this place is in such a mess has NOTHING to do with how it's set up or the style of modding or how laid-back Loki is. This place went to hand in a Hell Basket when you lot (PD) brought your petty little arguments and gripes here. It's your continued picking at the scabs of a dead horse that are turning away new members. It's old, it's mind numbingly, soul-destroyingly BORING and NOBODY gives a rats ass who did/said what on some other DUMB-ASS forum. i disagree with what you say about setup and modding style both have contributed to the sites failings.. excessive modding and asinine hierarchy are death, also nothing wrong with being laid back, Loki's style is OK by me. agreed nobody cares about what happened elsewhere, outside of it being relevant that trolls acting the same way as they have elsewhere, should get called on it! if you know a troll and spot it based on past experience you use what you know

Your intolerance of each other and your inability to just let the past go and start fresh has infested this place like flies on shit.

Fo, etc & Daruko, I'll say this once and once only. Both sides are just as guilty as the other when it comes to the flame baiting and rising to the bait. If anyone should be leaving because of it, it's ALL OF YOU.

Special question for New Admin. Fo: Wasn't it you who said a good mod/admin should be as un-biased as possible :icon_wut?: Wasn't it you who said to just ignore the trolls and not feed them :icon_wut?: By the looks of this thread, I guess I was too quick to give you credit for practicing what you preach. :icon_evil:
i also said the forum must be self regulating that means both users and mods need to be involved, and calling someone on their BS when they are purposely out to cause trouble is part of the process, so is being willing to put up with some friction/crap threads so these things hash themselves out.. we cant start exploding every time it happens, it is going to happen every time we get a troll or a regular gets Skippy, and if you don't want abusive mod interference there will be threads with some crap in them deal with it!!.
there is a time for and type of troll that needs to be ignored, but there is no one response "fixes all" for trolls , for example now that he has done his "flame and switch" routine again and been called on it nobody will fall for it and we can move on to ignoring this troll tactic..

I don't want to see anymore calls for ANYONE to leave here or any campaigns to run anyone off the board. We can't afford to be losing any more regulars. Besides, we all have something to contribute to this site whether we like the contributer or not.

AND I SWEAR TO GOOGLE, I will knock all your fucking bloated heads together if any of you continue with this tiresome BULL SHIT, as well as deleting your posts, whether you are a mod/admin or not. THAT'S A PROMISE. :icon_evil: you are reading WAY to much into this i have no ZERO zip Nada personal feelings about daruko i have no anger or emotion invested ( i wasn't one of the ones that fought him at pd), YOU need to mellow out.. i wont chase daruko off and i wont put up with his BS either, and the same goes for all equally, i wont stop trashing on those that need it, its part of modding without abusing the power, and i will encourage anyone user or mod who likes the cog and wants to keep it nice to do the same, the better we all get at dealing with trolls spotting, trashing and ignoring them the better for all..

Clark Nova
August 5th, 2009, 12:53 AM

The reason this place is in such a mess has NOTHING to do with how it's set up or the style of modding or how laid-back Loki is. This place went to hand in a Hell Basket when you lot (PD) brought your petty little arguments and gripes here. It's your continued picking at the scabs of a dead horse that are turning away new members. It's old, it's mind numbingly, soul-destroyingly BORING and NOBODY gives a rats ass who did/said what on some other DUMB-ASS forum.

AND I SWEAR TO GOOGLE, I will knock all your fucking bloated heads together if any of you continue with this tiresome BULL SHIT, as well as deleting your posts, whether you are a mod/admin or not. THAT'S A PROMISE. :icon_evil:

Looks like someones bitter about not being an admin.

Well thats me done with this place for another few months.
Enjoy your prison darkuro.

Oh and something to chew on: We've been gone for close to three months now.
How long are those scabs that we keep picking at going to keep driving away new members? There is something seriously wrong with this place and it ain't the PD any more.

Goodnight dead forum.

OfficerFriendly
August 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Before you ‘clean up’ this place…

It’s all about the banter that keeps the regulars around. And it’s not like the ‘haters’ like Clark Nova whom can’t utilize the ignore function either otherwise they too are part of this soup of snide chatter. In my self proclaimed experience, people leave cuz they are less skilled in pwnage, is useless in posting anything substantial or simply bored with the genre presented.

I don’t see your site geared toward a popular genus. I think your site advertises a front against people who live in an imaginary world of drama. That appears to be your site’s personality and suits me just fine. But truly, that translates into a slow dribble of new blood a year. So protect them until they get the feel of this place. Never mind me; I’m already at an asshole level.

rzm61
August 5th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Well said. Welcome to the CoG OfficerFriendly.

Peace Clark.

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 5th, 2009, 04:56 AM
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/09-21/274241869-thumb_troll1.gif

Not so funny now, huh, punk! jk

The Good Reverend Roger
August 5th, 2009, 06:38 AM

Look who's talking.

The reason this place is in such a mess has NOTHING to do with how it's set up or the style of modding or how laid-back Loki is. This place went to hand in a Hell Basket when you lot (PD) brought your petty little arguments and gripes here. It's your continued picking at the scabs of a dead horse that are turning away new members.

Oh, bullshit. :icon_:Dl:

I mean, that's why you shot down my theists/atheists thread, right? Because WE are picking at scabs?

You.

FUCKING.

Hypocrite.

You haven't been able to let anything go for fucking MONTHS. In fact, until just now, YOU are the fucking problem here, you abusive little dictatorial piece of shit.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 5th, 2009, 06:39 AM

Fuck.

You.

fomenter
August 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM
--when you lot (PD)--
-- It's your continued picking at the scabs --
-- are turning away new members.--
--Your intolerance of each other --
-- your inability to just let the past go --
--If anyone should be leaving because of it, it's ALL OF YOU.--

given the past fights over bad modding and the reaction you got from TGRR it has occurred to me your post could be easily seen as "flame-baiting", "picking at the scabs", "intolerance of each other","inability to let the past go" and the kind of thing that might "turn away new members"(i know i don't want to see mods threatening to delete posts on sites where i am new)
maybe the "ALL OF YOU." you mention should start with the person you have the most control over?

i think rmz61 called it when he was the first to reply to your post http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showpost.php?p=140261&postcount=162

rzm61
August 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/09-21/274241869-thumb_troll1.gif

Not so funny now, huh, punk! jk

Actually, I chuckled. :icon_redface:

i think rmz61 called it when he was the first to reply to your post http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showpost.php?p=140261&postcount=162

With all due respect, please don't throw me into this. I'm all about having fun. So that is what I was doing.

Sister Faith
August 5th, 2009, 09:54 PM
i disagree with what you say about setup and modding style both have contributed to the sites failings..

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

outside of it being relevant that trolls acting the same way as they have elsewhere, should get called on it! if you know a troll and spot it based on past experience you use what you know That's fine and dandy for you. You have past experience with Daruko. WE HAVEN'T. So far at the CoG, he's not acted like the troll you are making him out to be. We just don't see it and you going on and on about him only makes you look like the twats. Why don't you wait until he actually pulls the stunt he's being accused of here @ the CoG before jumping down his throat? Then we could make up our own minds about Daruko, by his actions here, not your words about his actions @ PD.

You are letting your past negative experience with him affect your modding. You don't treat him as a fellow CoG member, you treat him as you would another PD member and that is what makes you biased.
You've obviously brought alot of PD emo baggage with you when you came to the admin table, Fo, whether you'll admit it or not. Anyone new to this situation wouldn't understand the animosity between you guys and would be put off by all the hostility.

i also said the forum must be self regulating that means both users and mods need to be involved, and calling someone on their BS when they are purposely out to cause trouble is part of the process, I agree. And that's why I called you lot on your bull shit.

so is being willing to put up with some friction/crap threads so these things hash themselves out.. Again I agree with you here. But tell me, how long should we give you guys to hash this out? 6 months, a year? Oh right, it's been longer than a year already. 2 years then? Just in IFU or in every fucking thread on the board????? One of you has to be the bigger man and just stop returning fire with fire. C'mon Big Boy, you can do it, I know you can! :icon_razz:

we cant start exploding every time it happens, it is going to happen every time we get a troll or a regular gets Skippy, and if you don't want abusive mod interference there will be threads with some crap in them deal with it!!. I did and I will.

you are reading WAY to much into this i have no ZERO zip Nada personal feelings about daruko i have no anger or emotion invested.Yaaaa riiight! Anyone can see just how much you don't care about the guy by how often you rise to his bait and can't seem to find the ignore button whenever he posts something. :icon_rolleyes:

i wont chase daruko off Good. No noob or regular (other than really, really bad trolls) should be made so un-welcome here that they leave. If I actually ever ban anyone, it would be for doing that.

and i wont put up with his BS either, Wasn't asking you to. Just stop the squabbling...please? It really is boring and tedious now, not to mention, not very entertaining anymore. :(

and the same goes for all equally, i wont stop trashing on those that need it, its part of modding without abusing the power, and i will encourage anyone user or mod who likes the cog and wants to keep it nice to do the same, the better we all get at dealing with trolls spotting, trashing and ignoring them the better for all..Again, agreed. But what you were doing in this thread was not modding, you were feeding the troll and flamebaiting over ancient history...again.
Is this the type of 'real contribution' with 'real content' that you've all been blathering about?

Clark Nova
August 5th, 2009, 11:34 PM
hehe, lying through your teeth.
I have decided to stay around here for a while, and respond to all the great topics at hand.

rzm61
August 5th, 2009, 11:44 PM
hehe, lying through your teeth.
I have decided to stay around here for a while, and respond to all the great topics at hand.

:fap:

The Good Reverend Roger
August 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
So...Daruko is Sister Faith's special boy. :fap:

fomenter
August 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point. OK (disagree but i am right, over modded forums are dieing forums)

That's fine and dandy for you. You have past experience with Daruko. WE HAVEN'T. So far at the CoG, he's not acted like the troll you are making him out to be. We just don't see it and you going on and on about him only makes you look like the twats. Why don't you wait until he actually pulls the stunt he's being accused of here @ the CoG before jumping down his throat? Then we could make up our own minds about Daruko, by his actions here, not your words about his actions @ PD.
yes he has acted like that here, he has bated the other local trolls (like pclam) and he has bated the people from pd here, he also has put out the i care so much about this place line to sucker the gullible into supporting him, he has done this before i and others have seen him do it....
he just did it HERE read back..... he made three or four posts in a row bating TGRR, and a what should we do to fix coG post right behind it..

You are letting your past negative experience with him affect your modding. You don't treat him as a fellow CoG member, you treat him as you would another PD member and that is what makes you biased.
You've obviously brought alot of PD emo baggage with you when you came to the admin table, Fo, whether you'll admit it or not. Anyone new to this situation wouldn't understand the animosity between you guys and would be put off by all the hostility. i disagree i am perfectly capable of being hostile to anybody that has it coming, and do so

Again I agree with you here. But tell me, how long should we give you guys to hash this out? 6 months, a year? Oh right, it's been longer than a year already. 2 years then? Just in IFU or in every fucking thread on the board????? One of you has to be the bigger man and just stop returning fire with fire. C'mon Big Boy, you can do it, I know you can! :icon_razz:
i called him on this "flame and switch" method of trolling he uses, it was exposed and i moved on to thread-derails and puns, you dragged it back

Yaaaa riiight! Anyone can see just how much you don't care about the guy by how often you rise to his bait and can't seem to find the ignore button whenever he posts something. :icon_rolleyes: wrong but since you cant see into my head i cant prove it, you are mistaking the pleasure i get from exposing his troll for animosity, if i mess with him for something other than trolling call me on it (other than good natured ribbing),
if he is trolling let my trashing him for it run its course or call him on it yourself ..maybe you can get there before me and do a better job of it...

But what you were doing in this thread was not modding, you were feeding the troll and flamebaiting over ancient history...again.
Is this the type of 'real contribution' with 'real content' that you've all been blathering about?no it is not modding, it is self regulating the fact that i happen to be a mod doesn't change anything, i would support and encourage anyone calling a troll out, there is no need for them to be a mod to to it, i am saying we all have to get good at doing this - spotting trashing and ignoring trolls, i get a kick out of shitting on them but it is best as a group effort the same goes for spotting and ignoring them

fomenter
August 6th, 2009, 01:57 AM
With all due respect, please don't throw me into this. I'm all about having fun. So that is what I was doing.

i have fun calling a troll out for being a troll too ;)

The Good Reverend Roger
August 6th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Don't feed the troll, Fomenter.

ETA: By which I mean SF, of course.

fomenter
August 6th, 2009, 02:00 AM
oh are we at the stage where everyone knows she is trolling us so we ignore her??

Paul Vii
August 6th, 2009, 02:08 AM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

That's fine and dandy for you. You have past experience with Daruko. WE HAVEN'T. So far at the CoG, he's not acted like the troll you are making him out to be. We just don't see it and you going on and on about him only makes you look like the twats. Why don't you wait until he actually pulls the stunt he's being accused of here @ the CoG before jumping down his throat? Then we could make up our own minds about Daruko, by his actions here, not your words about his actions @ PD.

You've obviously brought alot of PD emo baggage with you when you came to the admin table, Fo, whether you'll admit it or not. Anyone new to this situation wouldn't understand the animosity between you guys and would be put off by all the hostility.

I agree. And that's why I called you lot on your bull shit.

Again I agree with you here. But tell me, how long should we give you guys to hash this out? 6 months, a year? Oh right, it's been longer than a year already. 2 years then? Just in IFU or in every fucking thread on the board????? One of you has to be the bigger man and just stop returning fire with fire. C'mon Big Boy, you can do it, I know you can! :icon_razz:

I did and I will.

Yaaaa riiight! Anyone can see just how much you don't care about the guy by how often you rise to his bait and can't seem to find the ignore button whenever he posts something. :icon_rolleyes:

Good. No noob or regular (other than really, really bad trolls) should be made so un-welcome here that they leave. If I actually ever ban anyone, it would be for doing that.

Wasn't asking you to. Just stop the squabbling...please? It really is boring and tedious now, not to mention, not very entertaining anymore. :(

Again, agreed. But what you were doing in this thread was not modding, you were feeding the troll and flamebaiting over ancient history...again.
Is this the type of 'real contribution' with 'real content' that you've all been blathering about?

kudos to you! i'm just a 'pothead' 'lazy troll'. but you took the time to point out some of the problems on this site. you did so quite accurately as well. kudos! if you have the time or desire to do so, i think the owner of this site would be more than happy to make you the 1 Admin here with the keys. if you're up to it let me know.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 6th, 2009, 03:47 AM
kudos to you! i'm just a 'pothead' 'lazy troll'. but you took the time to point out some of the problems on this site. you did so quite accurately as well. kudos! if you have the time or desire to do so, i think the owner of this site would be more than happy to make you the 1 Admin here with the keys. if you're up to it let me know.

Wow! Paul is a SOMEBODY!

The Good Reverend Roger
August 6th, 2009, 03:48 AM
oh are we at the stage where everyone knows she is trolling us so we ignore her??

And Paul is the backroom deal broker.

fomenter
August 6th, 2009, 04:17 AM
if he loves the cog's old way of modding so much we should move his post some place where nobody will read it..:icon_lol:

tagnostic
August 6th, 2009, 05:44 AM
ignore
is a
wonderful thing

Clark Nova
August 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM
ignore
is a
wonderful thing
I have little use for it, especially when ignoring one person here cuts out 25% of the population.

Sister Faith
August 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
yes he has acted like that here, he has bated the other local trolls (like pclam) and he has bated the people from pd here

So what? Who among us at the CoG is not guilty of that??? HMMMM???????

he also has put out the i care so much about this place line to sucker the gullible into supporting him

To what end? What does he hope to gain from kissing ass here? He's offered to help and has not asked to be made a mod or admin because of it, unlike Cluck Nova & Tgrr (just to name 2).

he made three or four posts in a row bating TGRR,

You mean like Cluck Nova did with his thread entitled 'What Darkuro was up to while we were on our cruise'???? Or Tgrr's thread's aimed at Tsar, Will, me, etc which are too numerous to list here??????

so i called him on this "flame and switch" method of trolling he uses, it was exposed and i moved on to thread-derails and puns, you dragged it back

I'm sorry. Your use of thread-derails & puns as an effective modding tool was not obvious. And that is my point about this bickering. To the casual eye (potential members who are lurking to see if they want to join) it makes us look unfriendly and hostile. Why would they want to join a forum on-line when they can get that crap in real life?

K, I want to thank you for taking my concerns seriously and responding to them in an intelligent manner (even though I wasn't polite about voicing them).:icon_cool:

I have just one more question;

no it is not modding, it is self regulating

Why, when you 'self-regulate' it is not called trolling, but when anyone else does it (me for instance:icon_rolleyes:) they get called a troll?

Sister Faith
August 6th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Loki? Is that you? :eek:

Still can't get out from under that Admin rock, eh? :icon_:Dl:
Well, sorry. I'm not biting.
I'm not as much of a sucker for punishment as you.:icon_razz:

Daruko
August 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Why, when you 'self-regulate' it is not called trolling, but when anyone else does it (me for instance:icon_rolleyes:) they get called a troll?
this.

fomenter
August 6th, 2009, 09:06 PM
To what end? What does he hope to gain from kissing ass here? He's offered to help and has not asked to be made a mod or admin because of it, unlike Cluck Nova & Tgrr (just to name 2). he uses the trick to buy time and get away with it longer and get the easily swayed to take his side

I'm sorry. Your use of thread-derails & puns as an effective modding tool was not obvious. And that is my point about this bickering. To the casual eye (potential members who are lurking to see if they want to join) it makes us look unfriendly and hostile. Why would they want to join a forum on-line when they can get that crap in real life? i didn't say it was an example of modding i said i had moved on was finished calling him on his BS and that the thread had gone in a different direction, the problem is not the bickering or the quantity of bickering, if we want a lightly modded forum there will always be some, and riding out the crap and the friction is part of it, like i said already deal with it the problem is the lack of other topics, posts and threads to draw peoples interest and drowned out the little drama we have

K, I want to thank you for taking my concerns seriously and responding to them in an intelligent manner (even though I wasn't polite about voicing them).:icon_cool:

I have just one more question;

So what? Who among us at the CoG is not guilty of that??? HMMMM???????

i am half teasing you about trolling by bringing this up :icon_:Dl:, it obviously needs to be hashed out till we all get on the same page, trolling trolls to make the forum nicer and trolling the forum to create problems and drama are different beasts both end up causing some drama one is manipulating trolls the other is being manipulated by them, at the moment i see more of the latter happening here than the former (BTW neither is the good natured teasing/banter/joking around we do with each other)
this is not an exact science and i learn as i go just like everyone ..

Daruko
August 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
trolling trolls to make the forum nicerdoesn't always work. while guys like lamb and nosferatu are obvious, a scarce few of us here haven't been called a troll, and continually accusing each other of trolling does not and has not improved the forum one iota.

Sister Faith is being called a troll by some, though I'm sure quite a number of us don't agree. If S7S is a troll, then she's her own brand of one, and one I personally don't mind... much :icon_razz:. As obvious a "troll" as I seem to be to you, I'm fairly certain not all agree with you. And the fact that you may disagree on that point does not warrant hostility. As certain as you seem to be of my intentions to bait/troll you, it seems equally clear to me that Clark Nova and you have been intent to bait/troll me. Whose trolling who, and whether we classify it as the "good-natured" kind or not is all relative. And since it's not exactly equivalent to capital murder, I think insisting that every positive thing someone does is just a plot to do something negative down the line is a very weak argument, a troll in it's own right, and fuel for drama. Perhaps it'd be wiser to condemn obvious unwanted drama, not conspiratorial behind-the-scenes unprovable shit. Laying blame just adds up to more drama.

There are often more effective means of "regulating" the board's temperament than "trolling the trolls", as appropriate as that might be for some isolated circumstances. There's no reason most anyone shouldn't be able to stay registered at the forum and post what they like 99.999% of the time, and I kinda think that should be encouraged at best or ignored, not discouraged, regardless of whether you like someone or not, sombunal of the time, unless it is virtually unanimous that the person in question is only posting attacks, and not interested in any other interaction. If you simply don't like someone's personality, I do not believe that constitutes a legitimate reason for you to flame/bait/stalk/slander/etc them off the board.

Also, just because someone has posted what you may classify as "ill-natured" trolls, does not necessitate all future posts are "ill-natured", and mutual respect is something that should be encouraged ANY time, no matter what the history. We are, all of us, continually learning in life, and what we do is more important than what we've done.

We should talk about things we want to accomplish, stuff we want to do, brainstorm new projects or thread topics, and find a way to eventually let the damn dust settle and move on to new and better things.

fomenter
August 6th, 2009, 10:43 PM
doesn't always work. while guys like lamb and nosferatu are obvious, a scarce few of us here haven't been called a troll, and continually accusing each other of trolling does not and has not improved the forum one iota.

Sister Faith is being called a troll by some, though I'm sure quite a number of us don't agree. If S7S is a troll, then she's her own brand of one, and one I personally don't mind... much :icon_razz:. s7s is the resident crazy lady and during the time i have been here she has not trolled she is silly/funny/weird but not out to cause harm, sister faith being called a troll right now by some (and me teasingly) is to point out to her that the grudge is accusing others of having, is the same as the one she caries against tgrr, and threatening to delete posts is bait to anyone who is fighting against this being a over modded shit hole As obvious a "troll" as I seem to be to you, I'm fairly certain not all agree with you. And the fact that you may disagree on that point does not warrant hostility. As certain as you seem to be of my intentions to bait/troll you, it seems equally clear to me that Clark Nova and you have been intent to bait/troll me. Whose trolling who, and whether we classify it as the "good-natured" kind or not is all relative. And since it's not exactly equivalent to capital murder, I think insisting that every positive thing someone does is just a plot to do something negative down the line is a very weak argument, i haven't claimed "everyone" just you are doing it as a troll tactic a troll in it's own right, and fuel for drama. Perhaps it'd be wiser to condemn obvious unwanted drama, not conspiratorial behind-the-scenes unprovable shit. Laying blame just adds up to more drama.

There are often more effective means of "regulating" the board's temperament than "trolling the trolls", as appropriate as that might be for some isolated circumstances. There's no reason most anyone shouldn't be able to stay registered at the forum and post what they like 99.999% of the time, and I kinda think that should be encouraged at best or ignored, not discouraged, regardless of whether you like someone or not, sombunal of the time, unless it is virtually unanimous that the person in question is only posting attacks, and not interested in any other interaction. If you simply don't like someone's personality, I do not believe that constitutes a legitimate reason for you to flame/bait/stalk/slander/etc them off the board. trolling trolls is not the best for every situation (i have already said this elsewhere) but for you i will cause some drama to keep you from getting away with acting like you care just to extend a flame bait session and causing more drama
again it is not personal daruko, i didn't fight you at pd and i don't mind if you stay here, just expect to get called on your known BS

Also, just because someone has posted what you may classify as "ill-natured" trolls, does not necessitate all future posts are "ill-natured", and mutual respect is something that should be encouraged ANY time, no matter what the history. We are, all of us, continually learning in life, and what we do is more important than what we've done.

We should talk about things we want to accomplish, stuff we want to do, brainstorm new projects or thread topics, and find a way to eventually let the damn dust settle and move on to new and better things.you don't see me thrashing your google film thread do you? you get a chance to do other things every time you post, i get a chance to give you grief every time you do stupid shit....

Loki
August 6th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Loki? Is that you? :eek:

Still can't get out from under that Admin rock, eh? :icon_:Dl:
Well, sorry. I'm not biting.
I'm not as much of a sucker for punishment as you.:icon_razz:

Nope. I've not trolled this site since Alice left. Well, maybe once or twice but that wasn't me.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 7th, 2009, 02:42 AM

Because you ARE a troll. The only one stirring shit up anymore is you. You purposely set out to trash a thread of mine, and you've been picking fights nonstop.

So just fuck off, hmmm?

The Good Reverend Roger
August 7th, 2009, 02:43 AM
ignore
is a
wonderful thing

Excellent point.

My list is updated, and this should be much more pleasant (for me) from this point forward.

rzm61
August 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Too much text in this thread.

Make it fun and enjoyable please. Thank you. :icon_mrgreen:

fomenter
August 7th, 2009, 09:13 PM
keep all post under 10 words + youtubelink (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3QkWcPSEw) + smiley

for wonDURRful forum

tagnostic
August 7th, 2009, 09:36 PM

your reading
too much
into
it

The Good Reverend Roger
August 9th, 2009, 08:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_O-EBjVrk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F

rzm61
August 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 11th, 2009, 04:53 AM

keep all post under 10 words + youtubelink (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3QkWcPSEw) + smiley

for wonDURRful forum

I would be cool with that.

I got the basics of the thread though.

http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/monkeys_fling_poo1.jpg:icon_razz:

Loki
August 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_O-EBjVrk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F

Fucking brilliant.