View Full Version : Hi There.

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hi, Ex-Christian, looking forward to being here.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Welcome.

How did you find us? And any particular reason for losing your faith?

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Google search, how else? :)

I came to see that the Laws of Man created the Laws of God, and neither were capable of overcoming basic inhumanity.

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Google search, how else? :)

Sweet. We've got a lot of people who've done that lately. What did you put in for the search terms?

I came to see that the Laws of Man created the Laws of God, and neither were capable of overcoming basic inhumanity.

Win. Does that mean you're still a theist?

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Uh... I think I need to separate these replies.

Part the First: I was researching how to import my yahoo mail into gmail, which led me to http://uneasysilence.com/. There's an article about you guys in there I found while poking around, http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/10/12459/.

Part the Second: I'm having trouble with that one. I'm pretty sure I'm not an atheist, as that's just depressing, but Jehova? I doubt it.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hello!

Tsar Phalanxia
May 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Uh... I think I need to separate these replies.

Part the First: I was researching how to import my yahoo mail into gmail, which led me to http://uneasysilence.com/. There's an article about you guys in there I found while poking around, http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/10/12459/.

Cool.

Part the Second: I'm having trouble with that one. I'm pretty sure I'm not an atheist, as that's just depressing, but Jehova? I doubt it.

Ah, an agnostic then? Or a deist? Either way, we've got plenty.

P.S.: Just because something is depressing doesn't mean it's unlikely to be true ;)

Khadhulu
May 19th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I don't know about that. I'm in the camp that Beauty is Truth, and vice-versa (well, sure, it's more complicated than that, but you get the gist).

It's plainly obvious that Christianity is not beautiful. But if life is meaningless, then there is no Truth. However, I can see Beauty in life.

It's kind of confusing.

sam the moderately wize
May 22nd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome!

You sound like an existentialist/pantheist waiting to happen

Just the sort of person we need on board.

Nosferatu
May 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hi, Ex-Christian, looking forward to being here.

No such thing.

Daruko
May 28th, 2009, 12:02 AM
No such thing.
As an ex-christian?

Nosferatu
June 9th, 2009, 07:37 PM
As an ex-christian?

No. No such thing exists.

Perna de Pau
June 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
No. No such thing exists.

Would you please explain why? I know many who consider themselves ex-christians

Nosferatu
June 14th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Would you please explain why? I know many who consider themselves ex-christians

If a person is a Christian, he has taken within him/herself the salvation that cannot be taken away, nor done away with. You see, if you call yourself an ex-Christian, then you were never one to begin with, for God would take a persons life before they could ever do such a thing. You see, Christ died once for all, and if you accept that, you are sealed unto the day of redemption. I have seen the unfortunate circumstance for those who turn away, for God will take your life before He would send you to Hell. Keep in mind, this all means nothing if you are not a christian, because therefore the fate has already been sealed.

tagnostic
June 14th, 2009, 05:57 AM
so being a "real" Christian
gives you a get out of hell free card
for the rest of your life?
that explains alot
sounds like a prepaid
asshole card

Nosferatu
June 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
so being a "real" Christian
gives you a get out of hell free card
for the rest of your life?
that explains alot
sounds like a prepaid
asshole card

No. You do not understand. Anyone who would turn against God deliberately after calling themselves christian is not a Christian. God will take the life of someone who turns from God. The whole understanding of what Christianity is is misinterpreted regularly. The simplicity of salvation verses the notion you are Christian are two different things. If you desire, I will supply Biblical scriptures that support this. The Quranic interpretation of salvation deals with works for salvation, while the Christian outlook is not that diferent, it does require a 'new' heart condition supplied through the death, burial and ressurection of christ. The human pre-conceived ideas concerning 'bad' behavior of christians makes the world shout 'hypocrite'. But the hypocrite is responsible for himself and not the rest of humanity. So, we are responsible for our souls journey; and if you are a saved Christian, and turn away, God will end your journey early. If you are not a saved Chritian, your life will extend normally until death, at which time there is the second death that is explained by John the Revelator in detail.

Oh it's true enough Tag, and I am glad I fenagled my way into this forum to say it. After several alts and some viruses I finally got out the message.

rmw
June 16th, 2009, 01:19 AM
What if you weren't a christian in the first place--how does god deal with folks like me who never accepted Jesus into my heart?

Nosferatu
June 16th, 2009, 01:44 AM
What if you weren't a christian in the first place--how does god deal with folks like me who never accepted Jesus into my heart?

God does not condemn the unbeliever. You see, this is a mis-representation of Christianity. If we do not repent by conversion, salvation or whatever you feel is the correct term, than we have chosen our destiny, God has no part in what we choose, He only accepts the sinners prayer of faith. It is that simple. If we do nothing, God does nothing, however, we miss Heaven. Jesus predicted in the last chapter in the book of John that John would not die a martyrs death, and he didnt. He lived 30 years after 1st Peter wrote his letter to the churches in Capodicia and parts of Asia. What John was spared for to write was the book of the Revelation. A 3 dimensional place is described in chapter 21. Jesus wanted us to see that so we would have comfort in tribulation, as it had provided comfort in the 1st century church. Now then; the person who rejects Christ's workmanship [you see He was a carpenter], rejects God and the kingdom. Christ said that he went to prepare a place, and that if it were not so, he would have told us. One thing is for certain, and even an atheist would agree that Christ never lied...I trust this answers some of your questions. [now here comes the rumble!]

Tsar Phalanxia
June 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Question: What if someone adopts all the secular morals which Jesus taught, but does not accept God?

tagnostic
June 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
You still have to get by the basic question of Free Will,
if you have free will and "God" is Omniscient he would
know which choice your going to make which
a: makes Free Will an impossibility
b: means you have Free Will and "God" is not Omniscient and therefore Not "God" by
definition
c: means "God" Knows which cancels Free Will and this whole game of life is a farce
played out for "Gods" amusement

Which is It?

Nosferatu
June 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM
You still have to get by the basic question of Free Will,
if you have free will and "God" is Omniscient he would
know which choice your going to make which
a: makes Free Will an impossibility
b: means you have Free Will and "God" is not Omniscient and therefore Not "God" by
definition
c: means "God" Knows which cancels Free Will and this whole game of life is a farce
played out for "Gods" amusement

Which is It?

You are speaking of 'Election' and is confusing to someone who seeks God's Will. It is like wanting your child to go to college. You map out a road and you can see the end result if he goes to college. But then he doesnt go and does something else. Look at Michigan Av in chicago. You can see where it begins and where it ends. God sees the ending from the beginning, but there are many side streets. We have free election without God's influence; He will not twist an arm to go straight up Michigan avenue to the end, but will let us take one of those side streets. With some intervention He might lead us across the state line, hit I90 and end up at Notre Dame. Get it?

tagnostic
June 16th, 2009, 04:46 PM
then by definition God is not Omnscient
and lacks at least one of the attributes of
"God"
ipso facto God does not qualify to be "God"
I'm waiting for a 3d party candidate

Tsar Phalanxia
June 16th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Buddha?

tagnostic
June 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'm leaning towards Jedi,
they have the coolest
religous Icons
and even the bad guys
get the chicks

Nosferatu
June 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
then by definition God is not Omnscient
and lacks at least one of the attributes of
"God"
ipso facto God does not qualify to be "God"

Yes He is...! with your mind you should be able to comprehend that with the simple explanation a 2 year old could understand. As I said, we all make our choices. And with that, I am forever gone from here...I have done what I came here to do...thank you all for helping me facillitate that.
Blesings: Chaplain Phillip Claude Lamb, BC-LCC