View Full Version : He died at thirty three.

Will.
May 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Not in mockery or claims of boast, but isn't the idealistic truth that Jesus died a young good man? For if memory serves me right the further you go back historically, the less time people had to spend on earth, the life expectancy from what I recall, would've put Jesus in a position of being a very Old man.
In fact, he'd of lived most of his life had he died when he did. just sayin.

Dolores
May 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
There aren't good statistics on life expectancy in first-century Israel, but most estimations I've seen place it at around 40 for men.

Nosferatu
May 21st, 2009, 08:58 PM
There aren't good statistics on life expectancy in first-century Israel, but most estimations I've seen place it at around 40 for men.

Bummer...

The Good Reverend Roger
May 22nd, 2009, 04:04 AM
Not in mockery or claims of boast, but isn't the idealistic truth that Jesus died a young good man? For if memory serves me right the further you go back historically, the less time people had to spend on earth, the life expectancy from what I recall, would've put Jesus in a position of being a very Old man.
In fact, he'd of lived most of his life had he died when he did. just sayin.

The life expectancy of a given age takes infant mortality into account.

For fuck's sake.

Will.
May 22nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
The life expectancy of a given age takes infant mortality into account.

For fuck's sake.

Yes, but in those times a human body was a "temple" to be trashed, now its an
"engine" to be constantly fucked with. But given the fact that the written word is he died at 33 what you said hold no validity. History books say most men lived till about 40, And hell thats based on a doctrine study of the 15th century,
and thats a hella long time after Christ, Jesus, and furthermore a mild dose of medicine had been tried at the time. So, just sayin. Thats not much of a sacrifice... Especially if those Christian assholes don't start sinnin so he didn't die for nothing

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Yes, but in those times a human body was a "temple" to be trashed, now its an
"engine" to be constantly fucked with. But given the fact that the written word is he died at 33 what you said hold no validity. History books say most men lived till about 40, And hell thats based on a doctrine study of the 15th century,
and thats a hella long time after Christ, Jesus, and furthermore a mild dose of medicine had been tried at the time. So, just sayin. Thats not much of a sacrifice... Especially if those Christian assholes don't start sinnin so he didn't die for nothing
Why did you quote Roger when nothing you just said had anything to do with what he said?

Will.
May 22nd, 2009, 06:03 AM
Why did you quote Roger when nothing you just said had anything to do with what he said?

Because its physically impossible to note that considering a valid census of christian times is non existent, so he in no way could know that.

Daruko
May 22nd, 2009, 06:06 AM
I think it's possible he could know that. If you look at classical art, it's pretty obvious there were, in fact, old people walking around in their 70's or older sometimes. So yes, life expectancy has risen, but I think Roger was just pointing out the numbers might look worse back then because infant survival rate was definitly MUCH less back then.

Will.
May 22nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
I think it's possible he could know that. If you look at classical art, it's pretty obvious there were, in fact, old people walking around in their 70's or older sometimes. So yes, life expectancy has risen, but I think Roger was just pointing out the numbers might look worse back then because infant survival right was definitly MUCH less back then.

Mostly yes, but most classical art is late period, mostly 14th, Any art based on the book of bible are arian depictions of the Lord Incarnate and the apostle,
AND Any of the non religious, which up until the 17th century, was almost non existent, were deity depicitions also noting the fact that people as of late are much healthier, although the infant mortality rate was much lower back then, most people back then were born in STABLES, OUTSIDE, dangerous place for a brooding family, and the belief system back then was also part of the problem, derived from a idolized Greecian capital of Rome.
So, muddled in text true notoriety of history is lost, and up to speculation until without a doubt proven I could stand here and rant till I was blue in the face that back in the day the sky was Mauve. And no one could denie or adhere the fact until they had solid evidence.

Noted most of my conundrums are social traps.