kinda scary, but
still cool :icon_eek:

Tsar Phalanxia
June 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the 21st Century

It's going to be a Hell of a ride.

Yiuel
June 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
A Hell of a Ride indeed. Let's just hope it won't crash. Because, if it does, it will crash real hard.

However, exponentionly, you cannot continue like that. If humans continued to breed the way they do now, in the year 3000, all humans would be equivalent to the mass of Earth, which is ridiculous.

Tsar Phalanxia
June 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
If humans continued to breed the way they do now, in the year 3000, all humans would be equivalent to the mass of Earth, which is ridiculous.

Well, that wouldn't matter if we took to the stars. That may sound impossible now, but back in 1000, the idea of America seemed ridiculous to most Eurasians (Save a few Vikings), and look how the colonisation of THAT turned out. Hell, 107 years ago the idea of heavier than air flight seemed ridiculous. Who knows where we'll be in another 107 years.

Qsceszxdwa
June 3rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
A Hell of a Ride indeed. Let's just hope it won't crash. Because, if it does, it will crash real hard.

However, exponentionly, you cannot continue like that. If humans continued to breed the way they do now, in the year 3000, all humans would be equivalent to the mass of Earth, which is ridiculous.

We are growing technologically in an exponential form. So by then we would probably be like Star Wars.

Lol

And the amount of humans cannot = to the mass of earth, because everything is from earth. Assuming we fuck constantly and no new foreign material from space lands, the mass of the earth will stay the same, no matter if we have 6 billion or 6 trillion people.

Daruko
June 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
I think it's quite possible either I or my kids will become virtually synthetic in our lifetimes, and a lot of signs point toward a future of incomprehensible complexity for the human race; many times more incomprehensible than todays world contrasted with the ancient. A lot of things are moving faster now, but technology is REALLY moving faster. This is already tremendously impacting the scientific sector, making me very glad to be a physics student. During the next decade, I expect the sciences to grow significantly in demand, despite the somewhat average growth they demonstrate currently. I hope I'm right, because if so, I should make a shitload of money.

tagnostic
June 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
the technology is changing so fast its dizzying,
but fun to play with,
its the societal law of unintended consequences
that scares the bejeebers out of me