View Full Version : Google Chrome OS.

brutelord
July 9th, 2009, 04:42 AM
It seems Google has answered our prayers yet again. http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/introducing-google-chrome-os.html

I am very excited.

Tsar Phalanxia
July 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM
This promises to be good, if not directly, than competition-wise. The Windows (Works) vs Mac OS X (Fisher Price for adults) is not good for innovation and competition (Face it, no one uses Linux. Sorry.). With the introduction of Chrome, and more importantly, a big name behind it, we should see some interesting developments on the OS Front.

Arbiter419
July 9th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I just don't see why they're starting on an OS while their web browser isn't even entirely stable yet.

tagnostic
July 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I just don't see why they're starting on an OS while their web browser isn't even entirely stable yet.

they now subscribe
to microsoft release policies

seriously, I'd give it a shot
I try as many as I can,
occaisonally you get lucky
you learn quite a bit
and its cheaper than other
computer games

Arbiter419
July 10th, 2009, 04:17 PM
they now subscribe
to microsoft release policies

seriously, I'd give it a shot
I try as many as I can,
occaisonally you get lucky
you learn quite a bit
and its cheaper than other
computer games

Yeah, I'm sure I'll end up trying it.

But who says I pay for computer games?

;)

(Mostly true, but I buy the good ones)

tagnostic
July 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
hehehehe

most of mine are opensource these days

I'm a little leery though of the Chrome OS
just because they never ported Chrome (browser) to Linux
but now they're going to use it's kernel
I would've thought perfecting it on the browser
before going all out with it would be preferable

Arbiter419
July 11th, 2009, 05:01 AM
hehehehe

most of mine are opensource these days

I'm a little leery though of the Chrome OS
just because they never ported Chrome (browser) to Linux
but now they're going to use it's kernel
I would've thought perfecting it on the browser
before going all out with it would be preferable

Well hey, if they halfass it or not, it'll better than Vista pre-SP1 either way :P

On a sidenote, have you tried the Windows 7 RC1 yet?

tagnostic
July 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I haven't allowed microsux
on one of my machines
since dos 6.22
windows 3.11

so, no, haven't tried bills latest virus
I like using it more than defragging my hd

djura
July 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I wanted to give it a go, when I got the new box set up a few months back. Wouldn't install, just kept crashing, so I ended up installing xp, which btw I haven't booted into yet. Hardware is P45 with Kingston hyperx and wd drives, as mainstream as it gets.

tagnostic
July 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I wanted to give it a go, when I got the new box set up a few months back. Wouldn't install, just kept crashing, so I ended up installing xp, which btw I haven't booted into yet. Hardware is P45 with Kingston hyperx and wd drives, as mainstream as it gets.

Crashed ashore
trying to surf
the Mainstream?

Arbiter419
July 11th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I haven't allowed microsux
on one of my machines
since dos 6.22
windows 3.11

so, no, haven't tried bills latest virus
I like using it more than defragging my hd

But it's really nice.

I swear.

Was that one of the leaked builds? Try the RC1.

djura
July 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Was that one of the leaked builds? Try the RC1.

No, it was RC1.

hiram78
September 15th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Google is a trendsetter in web based applications and will release Google Chrome Operating system that will run on low-end systems. This will be an open source project as mentioned in google official blog. On the other hand Microsoft is a trendsetter in desktop computing and offers a range of options to users. I would like to say that on the netbook platform, yes, google operating system can kill Windows but on the desktop computing, no.

tagnostic
November 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Google is a trendsetter in web based applications and will release Google Chrome Operating system that will run on low-end systems.

Why would you think only low-end systems?
and, Isn't cloud computing Low End and the "wave" as I've heard?

This will be an open source project as mentioned in google official blog. woot!

On the other hand Microsoft is a trendsetter in desktop computing and offers a range of options to users.what?
I need a drink?
name a single innovative idea to come out of bill, microsux or redmond, Please?

PS2 architecture comes to mind, oh, wait, that lasted 6 mos, they killed it because it was to innovative and they couldn't support it alone, and didn't want to license any of it, so the one and only spark that they had was a victim of bills death by innovation.

winblows: shows what happens when you steal an idea and not the intelligence

stifling is redmonds only weapon, its not the weapon of choice for innovators

ask Linus

I would like to say that on the netbook platform, yes, google operating system can kill Windows but on the desktop computing, no.

and I would like to say that winblows as an os is going the way of, 95/98,2000(in all it incarnations), Vista(there was a good idea),
can't wait for 7's epic fail, if true to form, the patches should start coming at about 3 a month for the first 6 months. the security issues will start being acknowledged after 4 mos.

i'm looking forward to the obama of operating systems

Fallen Hero
November 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
I have Win 7 installed. I've had no problems with it really. It's a very nice OS. Runs Chrome real good.

I may have just gotten a copy of Chrome OS but that is still to be seen. If you want one, google it. :) (Also will need a virtual box)

If you do, it will probably not be functional well because it is still patchy.

DutchPastaGuy
November 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Why would you think only low-end systems?

Only low-end because ChromeOS isn't a full OS like linux, MacOS or Windoze. It can only run web apps, not install locally run native apps. That definitely rules it out for heavy use.