View Full Version : Pregnancy

huntedbyninjas
August 29th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Well now that i'm pregnant((For thoes of you who hadnt heard yet, surprise!)) i realize that pregnancy isnt about getting fat...Its just an excuse for woman to eat loads of chocolate and icecream.

I've been pregnant for 6 months now and i have not gained any chub anywhere. I've gained weight, yes but only because of the baby and other such things. It bothers me that so many woman get over weight when they get pregnant and then complain about it later..Why not eat things like fruit and stuffs rather than stuffing your face with mcsuckys? *shrugs* i dont know, its what i do..but then again i've never been a fan of Mcnasty. so.

Anyways, thats my little rant on pregnancy. Women, if you dont wanna be fat, dont eat unhealthy things. Fruit is good. *nods*

rmw
August 29th, 2009, 11:43 AM
First, congratulations hunted! :)

Second, it's not about gaining weight just while pregnant. There's a major problem with obesity in the US, because most of our population doesn't eat right. And then they complain McDonald's, Burger King and KFC made them fat. Then, they turn around and try to slap a lawsuit against them. Can someone please tell me what happened to personal responsibility?

huntedbyninjas
August 30th, 2009, 03:56 AM
the Government has taken that away remember? We have to wear seatbelts, helmets and other protective gear for our own safty. We have to wear shoes while driving((why thats important, i have no idea)), we have to have insurance on our cars or else our cars get impounded...

if anything goes wrong, its someone elses fault for not telling us first.

Oh and thank you ^-^ Muahaha..excited.

sailor
August 30th, 2009, 04:42 AM
oh my head. yeah, i have given up their fries. :fear:

having safely (somewhat) substituted tofurkey for egg & sausage mcmuffins, i recommend using substitutes to ween yourself away from the bad stuff.

for instance, today in my yoga workshop, we learned that you should cook egg whites & sausage in water...boil them, instead of frying with oil. live & learn, yo!

I do feel better today, everything i ate was used without oil, butter, margarine, or greasy kid stuff.

and...as for pregnancy, some of yous missed my extended kitten pregnancy, miscarriage, pregnancy & adoption gestation period. kiara nicole kitteh came to us on memorial day 2009. we are truly blessed and happy. i haven't lost my belly fat/pregnancy weight yet...because I'm pregnant again!!

gotta...erm...watch that.

>>ohhh, as for seatbelts, insurance and all...i think its a growth thing for you...the state has to pay for disabled people who get injured in car crashes...like paraplegics...so it's really sad, but i think since we would have to pay for their entire life of rehab, training, housing, hospital stuff...schooling, that the govt as a people, should take responsibility for this sensless act...seatbelts save many lives & injuries from say, drunk driving. if we can nip the exceeding costs, pain & suffering in the bud, then by all means, do it! we spend enough on the highways in the first place so that people can be "free" to speed & kill people, including themselves....

huntedbyninjas
August 30th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Agreed, what i was getting at is that the government is stepping into peoples lives a lot closer then they should. Trying to ban smoking in all public places, banning smoking in your car. Thoes are personal choices. The government shouldnt have anything to do with it, but they do because people dont seem smart enough to take care of themselves. Its really rather sickening because thats what the government wants. Stupid peoples that rely on them.

BUT YOU MUST FIGHT IT! think for yourself! yay..

anyways, congratulations! i'm worried i'll have a tough time getting my boob size back down and stuff because my body is taking a beating from the weight its carrying. Right now i'm 128lbs, which is much more then i have ever weighed. When i started i was a tiny 111. so my hips and back arent happy. I'm hoping after birth, i'll be able to run and excersize again so i can get things the shape they are suppose to be..*grumbles* stupid boobs...

kittehkaboodle
August 30th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Agreed, what i was getting at is that the government is stepping into peoples lives a lot closer then they should. Trying to ban smoking in all public places, banning smoking in your car. Thoes are personal choices. The government shouldnt have anything to do with it, but they do because people dont seem smart enough to take care of themselves. Its really rather sickening because thats what the government wants. Stupid peoples that rely on them.

BUT YOU MUST FIGHT IT! think for yourself! yay..

anyways, congratulations! i'm worried i'll have a tough time getting my boob size back down and stuff because my body is taking a beating from the weight its carrying. Right now i'm 128lbs, which is much more then i have ever weighed. When i started i was a tiny 111. so my hips and back arent happy. I'm hoping after birth, i'll be able to run and excersize again so i can get things the shape they are suppose to be..*grumbles* stupid boobs...

uh...you're soooo very huge, lady! dang.

i would say that i wish i was that tiny, but actually, im happy.

rzm61
August 30th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Holy shit!

Congrats!

huntedbyninjas
August 31st, 2009, 12:46 AM
uh...you're soooo very huge, lady! dang.

i would say that i wish i was that tiny, but actually, im happy.

Excuse me!! i'm not huge!! ..well my boobs are.. But i'm not fat. thank you. *grumbles*

*is sensitive about her size*

And thanks RZM. ^-^

tagnostic
August 31st, 2009, 06:45 AM
they know what
causes that
or so I've
heard

rmw
September 1st, 2009, 01:01 AM
Excuse me!! i'm not huge!! ..well my boobs are.. But i'm not fat. thank you. *grumbles*

And thanks RZM. ^-^

*psst...hunted, she was teasing you. Re-read her last sentence.*

huntedbyninjas
September 1st, 2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah i know..but i'm still really sensitive about it..v_v; never been this big before.

Sister Faith
September 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Congrats Hunted! :icon_cool:

Is this your first?

Don't get too stressed about gaining weight. The baby needs a certain amount of fat to develop and you will need an energy supply to get through childbirth/care. :icon_evil:

I also started out a little thing like you (108lbs), ballooned to 206 in my 9th mo. and managed to get rid of it all rather quickly afterward. In fact, I lost 10 1/2 lbs as soon as my son was born. :icon_lol:

Relax, enjoy the ride and good luck. :icon_mrgreen:

huntedbyninjas
September 2nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
haha! Wow..i hope i dont gain quite THAT Much weight. my poor body cant handle the 20lbs i've gain so far..((my lower back and hips have been a little achy)) oh and i went to the Doc today. ^_^ I'm 135LB now, and he found out what the baby is. I told him not to tell us but me and virgopants' moms will curious. His mom knows and my mom is going to call tomorrow and ask. So Exciting...

And i know gaining weight is a must..its just i'm so not used to it!! its so strange looking in the mirror and seeing my stomach pooch out so far..haha makes me feel a little self conscious. luckily for me, my fiancee loves me either way. He tells me "your not fat, theres just so much more of you to love" ^-^ which makes me feel better...

kittehkaboodle
September 2nd, 2009, 09:56 AM

And thanks RZM. ^-^

yeah, was being, uh funny & stuffed!
but anyways, sometimes, i am hard to read online. it takes time.
you'll get used to me teasing you if you continue to text, which i hope you will, it gets lonely us, chicks. what is it 3 or 4 now? i cant tell, some of them are men in drag, me thinks. ;)

*psst...hunted, she was teasing you. Re-read her last sentence.*

you have to be able to read stuffs, lol, kidding.

Yeah i know..but i'm still really sensitive about it..v_v; never been this big before.

110 is underweight. how tall is yous? like i was underweight for a long time and 110 at 5'6-5'7" is very thin, almost, i would say too thin. but, that is because i kinda was uncomfortable being so thin, even though other people liked it, i didn't. now i range anywhere from 120 to 135 and am kinda feels better about myself. i wish i had more tone & flat abs, & bigger boobs, but i dont want to be smaller, just strong & healthy...not anorexic like i look at old pics of me and i go, wow...just fucking too too skinny you can see all my bones, even at my wedding people who dressed me were shocked. i was what about 29 and i was a size 4, and everyone loved my looks, but i hated being thin. being curvaceous makes me feel sexy and womanly and i have tried my whole life to gain weight, so im finally thankful for having some t & a. :icon_razz: and a belly!

perspective, people, not size, perspective. those who love you gonna love you at any size, i think, else its not true love. just my opinion.

i havent found a true love yet, but im working on finding someone who will love me as i am, not how they WISH i was.

its all about self love. if you dont have that & acceptance, then you cant love other people as they are.

youll always want them to be different...and expect them to change.

huntedbyninjas
September 4th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Nope. 111lbs is a healthy weight for me because i'm a short 5'1 3/4". =D So being 130 is like..SHABAM! O.O for me. haha.

And i sees. yes i'd say being that tall and light would be a problem..but my cousin is fairly tall..maybe 5'6"? And she doesnt weigh a whole lot either..i think for her its genetic. Her mothers really thin too. Shes really athletic and healthy though so being light isnt a problem. I think you not only ahve to think of your height but your genes too. some people just arent suppose to be really built in.

kittehkaboodle
September 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Nope. 111lbs is a healthy weight for me because i'm a short 5'1 3/4". =D So being 130 is like..SHABAM! O.O for me. haha.

And i sees. yes i'd say being that tall and light would be a problem..but my cousin is fairly tall..maybe 5'6"? And she doesnt weigh a whole lot either..i think for her its genetic. Her mothers really thin too. Shes really athletic and healthy though so being light isnt a problem. I think you not only ahve to think of your height but your genes too. some people just arent suppose to be really built in.

wow, here in LA, the land of fake genes, you can pretty much get any kind of body you want to have, given the right money. you also dont even have to use plastic surgery and drugs if you do enough research on it.

you could come down to a metropolitan area, snag a local mag, and see if any doctors are willing to "fix" you up. i have been researching the detox wraps at medical spas...the new nonsurgical therapies are also quite enticing.

as for your huge breast prob. just wait until after you breast feed, they'll probably shrink back a bit. as for the lump, mine is BENIGN! and yours probably is too, just painful, right? i am going to get mine removed so someone can grab at me, and i wont have to reel back in pain from it.

also, i like a good chew now and again, and as it is only one is functional.
the energy i'm getting back from having partial removal is interesting, too. lumps block the chi going to the brain/chest as well and just a bummer.

sailor
September 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM
a few more tips on healthy weight....although ive never been pregnant with a live child long enough to really know....

vitamins, herbs, green drinks (smoothies), cold pressed oil (olive, flax, fish, etc.), then, you can look up specifically what to add to your drinks for different conditions, i.e. - i add glucosamine/msm powder to my smoothie, because it's good for joints. probably lady G knows alot about this.

prenatal multi vitamin daily would be excellent to keep it all in balance, plus, i eat like a whole handful of herb/vits after meals just for antioxidant/antiaging...you know anti-cancer prevention.

lalala.

any questions? my sis has three daughters....1 in vitro, 1 adopted, 1 c section. she is not that healthy yet, but the births i know that were natural & came out great without too much complication or pain were the people i mentioned before who did home water births with doulas in a salt water tub inside the house, and hypnobirthing for the pain, as well as pregnancy yoga & massage/energywork, like polarity/craniosacral therapy.

i myself, am doing hot mexican river rocks on my lump area right now, good also for the chakras & weight loss/destress. just need a crock pot w/ warm water for the stones, and the rocks (home depot, get a huge bag for $12) use the extra rocks outside for decoration, or inside in a fountain or on your altar.

:icon_razz:

Sister Faith
September 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Wow Hunted! You are a little thing. I thought I was the shortest person in the world. :icon_:Dl:

I'm going to assume that you have little space between your ribs and hips and will be carrying out front. If that's the case, even a 6 lb baby can be too big for you to carry without damaging your abdominal muscles. Ask your doc about a pregnancy girdle.

Also, strengthening your abdominals now will make birthing easier and enable you to get your figure back quickly after. Don't forget Kegel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercise) exercises. These are very important to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.

Keep your kidneys well flushed (drink lots of water), cut down on salt & sugar (even natural sugar in fruit) and you should stay well within a normal weight gain. :icon_mrgreen:

@ S7S I'm really glad to hear it was benign. :icon_cool: I bet that made the pain you've been going thru from the biopsy alot easier to take.

huntedbyninjas
September 5th, 2009, 05:50 AM
The Doctors are mostly sure mine is Benign...but with out a sample its hard to say. Everyone says their tender to touch but mines just fine. You can poke and squeeze all you want and it doesnt hurt..*shrugs* Maybe i'm special like that. =D

Also i have problems taking my prenatal vit everyday..T.T Which is why i never took the pill. Haha. I do it when i remember. *shrugs* And my feet have recently started to swell. I know this is a natural happening for pregnant woman..but no one told me they would be tender! @.@ i dont like not laying down because then they swell up again ((not a lot but enough for me to notice)) and get all sore. blah..

And Yes, i am tiny. =P but i'm thinking my baby will be too....Or well i'm really hoping so . haha. My fiancees mom was pretty tiny too and she gained a LOT of weight when she was pregnant with him. had a nice good pregnancy ((well in terms of not having any complications)) so i'm not too worried about my babys weight. *shrugs* My doctor hasnt said anything yet so i'm sure things are fine. *nods*

It makes me happy to know more then one person on here believes in chakras and energy work..Me and my fiancee also believe in energy work as well. My Fiancee is currently working to balance himself with stones and i work on whatever needs it when it does..i'm not as strict about it as he, for i feel fine with myself. If i feel the need for improvement i will do so then. *nods*

sailor
September 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Wow Hunted! You are a little thing. I thought I was the shortest person in the world. :icon_:Dl:

I'm going to assume that you have little space between your ribs and hips and will be carrying out front. If that's the case, even a 6 lb baby can be too big for you to carry without damaging your abdominal muscles. Ask your doc about a pregnancy girdle.

Also, strengthening your abdominals now will make birthing easier and enable you to get your figure back quickly after. Don't forget Kegel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercise) exercises. These are very important to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.

Keep your kidneys well flushed (drink lots of water), cut down on salt & sugar (even natural sugar in fruit) and you should stay well within a normal weight gain. :icon_mrgreen:

@ S7S I'm really glad to hear it was benign. :icon_cool: I bet that made the pain you've been going thru from the biopsy alot easier to take.

It's just a relief to finally be getting it taken care of for good at a place that I chose, which I actually think is doing a good, thorough job, nice bedside manner...feels great! I'll probably go back there to St. Mary's and get a mamm every year. The whole entire procedure, including mam, ultrasound, biospy was paid for with a gov't grant for women, called Every Woman Counts. I found them through Lkwd planned parenthood, where I also got HIV/STD tested, breast exam & a pap smear. I had gone to another clinic called LA Free Clinic, which I actually prefer for the pap smear, but they sent me to Harbor Med Center for the biopsy/mamm, and they were too aggressive, I thought, scared the pee out of me.

So, I followed Susun Weed's advice in her book about Breast Health, and got a second opinion. I actually high-tailed it out of the Harbor Hospital, because they were too wanting to pop the thing right then, I wouldve had zero prep time, therefore no acupuncture...and it was a pretty traumatizing thing to go through. I feel I made the right decision by waiting a little bit, sensing how I felt, deciding it was most likely benign by palpating it myself, and then, when the right moment came, I felt better prepared to make the decision. I still have to go through surgery & pay for it, but again...it'll be my choice of facility, method, doctor, etc.

The Doctors are mostly sure mine is Benign...but with out a sample its hard to say. Everyone says their tender to touch but mines just fine. You can poke and squeeze all you want and it doesnt hurt..*shrugs* Maybe i'm special like that. =D

Also i have problems taking my prenatal vit everyday..T.T Which is why i never took the pill. Haha. I do it when i remember. *shrugs* And my feet have recently started to swell. I know this is a natural happening for pregnant woman..but no one told me they would be tender! @.@ i dont like not laying down because then they swell up again ((not a lot but enough for me to notice)) and get all sore. blah..

And Yes, i am tiny. =P but i'm thinking my baby will be too....Or well i'm really hoping so . haha. My fiancees mom was pretty tiny too and she gained a LOT of weight when she was pregnant with him. had a nice good pregnancy ((well in terms of not having any complications)) so i'm not too worried about my babys weight. *shrugs* My doctor hasnt said anything yet so i'm sure things are fine. *nods*

It makes me happy to know more then one person on here believes in chakras and energy work..Me and my fiancee also believe in energy work as well. My Fiancee is currently working to balance himself with stones and i work on whatever needs it when it does..i'm not as strict about it as he, for i feel fine with myself. If i feel the need for improvement i will do so then. *nods*

energywork iz awesome! I practice it everyday with reiki & such.

also, i have some hemitite in my earrings & other crystals in my room. my healing room & bedroom are feng shuied using all natural materials. I even changed the plastic hangers to wood.

anti-cancer, peoples! plants are nice too...i like cactus & succulents...they is ez.

as far as your breasts, use your intuition and go slowly so you can feel what's right for you. no one else can tell you whats right for your situation...as with pregnancy or any kind of disease....everyone is unique and needs to take care of themselves, ultimately you're on your own.

feels good to make your own decisions on things, given research/opinions, i find that getting quiet & meditating on a subject alone will bring the correct answer to me in it's own time & way.

as for foot swelling. have you tried inversion on a slant board? i just elevate my legs with a couch cushion (& yoga bolster) that I found. it works ok.

you could also try rubbing your feet & hands, sounds like the circulation is poor. just avoid the heels, you'll be ok. i use a tennis ball to reflex the bottoms of the feet, as well as any back/hip areas (shiatsu style) by pressing on the ball with the tender area of my body on the floor until it releases the tension & pain. check out reflexology & feng shui charts online.

http://www.snhc.com/images/reflexology.gif

of course, always check it out with yourself to make sure there aren't any (negative) contraindications for pregnancy massage....there are a few areas in massage (feet) to avoid touching. i also use a foot spa by homedics with warm sea salt purified bathwater, and recently got a paraffin bath (wax) for use on both hands & feet. got 'em both at the thrift store, brand new! but you can check it out online, or at the pharmacy, Rite Aid/CVS.

I use epsom salt mixed with sea salt, and sometimes I add baking soda (1/3 of each kind, or maybe more of the epsom &/or sea salt...to your taste) for use in a foot spa or regular bath. plus, if you add olive oil, or another lighter mixed vegetable oil to the "3 salts" bath mixture, then voila, you'll have a pretty inexpensive homemade salt scrub for exfoliation purposes (this gets messy in the bathtub....fair warning!)

http://www.homedics.com/

^^ excellent products, these! ^^

huntedbyninjas
September 7th, 2009, 05:44 AM
haha sounds awesome. My fiancee and reading a book on Feng Shui. He wants to do our house some good by having it emit good energies for the baby.

And yeah the swelling went down after laying with a pillow under my feet. And they havent swelled since. well no i lie, they swelled a little this morning but after walking around a bit it went down. =)

sailor
September 7th, 2009, 01:32 PM
haha sounds awesome. My fiancee and reading a book on Feng Shui. He wants to do our house some good by having it emit good energies for the baby.

And yeah the swelling went down after laying with a pillow under my feet. And they havent swelled since. well no i lie, they swelled a little this morning but after walking around a bit it went down. =)

I counsel people on how to start feng shui, as well as space clearing. There's some good books out there. It has helped the houses I've lived in alot! And, it changes your life for the better. Don't "cleanse" too fast, yeah, be careful not to throw a baby out with bath water there, that's all. It can be disruptive if not done right. I like Kingston's book on it, and have used this as well as Taoist Feng Shui books to clear the space. For all those lurking, you can easily clear off a desk, closet or room and get rid of the things that you haven't used recently or are broken. Then, you give the foundation of the room a good solid cleaning & repairing of walls, floors, funishings. Replace old or worn out things with new "natural materials" ones instead, and place them in the correct grid area.

Then, you can get crystals, mirrors, fabrics, and other objects to remedy/enhance the room with proper grid placement. Make a room altar with seashells, stones, water bowls, incense, sacred objects, candles, and other goodies. Each element being represented...you can offer prayers & offerings to your home altar daily, light a candle, meditate, pick a card, burn incense...this sets the space & your day!

Sage, essential oils in aromatherapy containers, water spritzers w/ oils, fountains with rocks/water oils...pets, rugs, plants, windchimes, posters/artwork, curtains...all can be explored using feng shui guidelines.

*I've got more to tell about my own foot leg probs/remedies, but I'm watching a movie starring Gong Li called The Story of Qui Ju in the room with my guide friend...and, frankly, he's just awesome.

kittehkaboodle
September 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I thought of a few ideas about foot/ankle/leg swelling or poor circulation problems, as I have this, too. I believe that for me it was about standing or sitting for extended time (and I mean fucking hours on end) during my stint as a background actor. 12-16 hour days, man, are killer on the whole body, but mainly it is bad for your circulation. Sitting in chairs, according to yogis, is very hard on the lower body, because it cuts off circ. to the legs, butt, feet, and makes you form an "L" which constrains the blood flow.

You should always try to reverse the effects of prolonged standing, sitting in chairs with "inversion" (upsidedown) techniques, and loose clothing. Also, high heels & stockings are bad. I had to wear them to make me look taller, thinner, dressy for certain things...high heels murders your whole leg by shortening the achilles tendon over time and tightens the hamstrings. What you wanna do is stretch out the backs of the legs and hips with "hip openeners & forward bends" yoga poses....or just get a good stretch DVD, any form.

I was also gonna recommend tai chi & chi gong to increase energy flow, lymph & blood circ. Disease happens when the blood cant get back to the heart to be cleansed fast enough, thereby pooling in lower body areas and weakening the veins. That's what I have spider viens & weak/prominent veins from my job. It really, really sucks, so don't do this to yourself, please. Aerobic activities, like swimming, biking, walking dancing, can alleviate the ceasation of blood flow back to the heart and get things going normally again. But, if you don't take care of yourself, then the muscles around the joints can atrophy and then you have joint problems, too....as I do.

Therefore, you then need therapy....massage & movement, like I do. Yoga helps, as does massage, feldenkrais, and other non-impact styles of body movement & therapy, as well as they have gym equipment that can help you out there. Vibration machines & electric massage tools also are useful. But, the key is to not overdo it, or else you'll hurt yourself. Like, I went to a few dance classes, thinking it would help my circ., but I hurt my legs then, because the floors were no good, and it was too high impact. Dont forget to stretch out before & after your workouts, this will help with the impact & therefore save your joints.

Sister Faith
September 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM
you'll have a pretty inexpensive homemade salt scrub for exfoliation purposes

I'm glad you took the time to consider what your next move should be. Very good advice that. The medical profession tends to tell you what's going to happen when it should be the other way around. No one knows your own body like you do. :icon_cool:

I have to take exception, however, with your advice to use salt as a scrub. Salt may be good to draw out toxins but it's too harsh on the skin to be used as an exfoliant. It does not melt in water very quickly so it tends to scratch the skin, irritating it.

Use sugar instead (in the shower, no mess then). Sugar crystals melt faster than salt, lessening the tendency to irritate the skin and sugar has healing/soothing properties, unlike salt. Salt also dehydrates the skin where sugar does not. Outside of drinking lots of water, sugar is the best anti-acne/wrinkle product I have ever found. :icon_mrgreen:

sailor
September 8th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I'm glad you took the time to consider what your next move should be. Very good advice that. The medical profession tends to tell you what's going to happen when it should be the other way around. No one knows your own body like you do. :icon_cool:

I have to take exception, however, with your advice to use salt as a scrub. Salt may be good to draw out toxins but it's too harsh on the skin to be used as an exfoliant. It does not melt in water very quickly so it tends to scratch the skin, irritating it.

Use sugar instead (in the shower, no mess then). Sugar crystals melt faster than salt, lessening the tendency to irritate the skin and sugar has healing/soothing properties, unlike salt. Salt also dehydrates the skin where sugar does not. Outside of drinking lots of water, sugar is the best anti-acne/wrinkle product I have ever found. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks! Yeah, I liked the Weed book, even though it was really radical, and I did take a more conventional route, but even so, it still helped me through a tough time. It advises to steer away from the whole mammogram route, because they irridate the tissues & over time can cause the thing that it's purported to help prevent/detect....breast cancer. In the back of her book, I remember seeing an old standby for women's health which is "women's bodies, women's wisdom," by Christiane Northrop, and I've known many women to have recommended her as well.

I figured out the salt scrub by looking at a few retail scrubs, but of course, they do make sugar as well. The salt is purifying and has different properties than sugar, for sure. my mom also doesn't like the salt scrub and says it irritates her skin. It depends on the person, really, so I would use intuition there. I have tried a line at the drugstore called Boot's (http://www.boots.com/)and they use almonds and other softer materials and it does go down the drain better.

I think the olive oil is what makes mine especially gooey, and I'm going to have to try a water soluble oil instead...like a massage oil. I do use olive & coconut butter cream/oil for a sexy massage, but for therapy, just a regular oil that comes out of cloth easier would indeed be better. I also use dr. bronner's soap for cleaning things, like my table & some other things in life. Simple green, etc. the eco washes also work nicely for cleaning the room, without the harshness of chemicals.

I really do scrub hard on my legs, arms and such to kind of wake them up & clear them, but it's def not for everyone. Also, try heating up the massage oil in a tub of water...like in the hot stone tub or foot spa, maybe, and that is a really sexy massage for someone.

i have a beauty book here that is "DIY" I'll find out the name and post it.

kittehkaboodle
September 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Book is called "Jeanne Rose's Herbal Body Book"

The Herbal Way to Natural Beauty and Health for Men and Women

Sister Faith
September 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM
A water soluble oil is definately the way to go. Anything else just ends up clogging your pores. Oils/vitamins/water work on the skin best when ingested. :icon_cool:

Sister Faith
September 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Book is called "Jeanne Rose's Herbal Body Book"

The Herbal Way to Natural Beauty and Health for Men and Women

I think I've heard of her. :icon_cool:

I got most of my tips from a book (sorry, I no longer have it & can't remember the name :arrgh:) by a model who managed to stay in the biz into her 50's. I figured she knew what she was talking about. :icon_:Dl:

sailor
September 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
A water soluble oil is definately the way to go. Anything else just ends up clogging your pores. Oils/vitamins/water work on the skin best when ingested. :icon_cool:

In the book, you can research the different properties & herbs that are listed on the ingredients of many common bath & body products. It's helped me figure out what to buy based on what type of skin I have, sensitive, normal, etc. Trying out the home remedies can be fun, but not if it's not appropriate for your skin type. Age and weather also can play a factor on the skin's condition and on what to use. If it's a dry place, and you have thick dry skin, then olive might be cool, whereas if you have delicate tissues and live where the air is moist or something, then maybe trying something else would work better.

In my experience with male clients, i tend to use the same oil/cream blend on everyone, unless they request differently. The only area I avoid is the face, hair, or rashes/acne. Feet also tend to be different, scaly, scaby, etc. And the genitals are also a different area, espec. if you use latex, then switching to an oil like KY, or Play/durex is definitely necessary. You don't want to rip the condom or irritate the skin. Most guys are really macho and tough about the whole thing and can take a lot of rubbing and oil. But, if their skin doesn't absorb the olive/cocoa butter, then it's left sitting on top of the skin and bothers skin & clothes, therefore, offering a wet/dry towel after or a shower works, too!

The olive/cocoa butter oil blend is just thicker and gives a nice drag for tantra, being that it doesn't absorb so easily into their tissue and you can go over it with an arm several times without having to reload hands with the oil. You could also try rubbing with baby powder...works!

Sister Faith
September 8th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I would substitute corn starch for commercial baby powder, only because baby powder usually has a fragrance that doesn't taste very good. ;)

Edit: Or should that be substitute the baby powder with corn starch? Sheesh, I need another cuppa.:icon_rolleyes:

kittehkaboodle
September 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I think I've heard of her. :icon_cool:

I got most of my tips from a book (sorry, I no longer have it & can't remember the name :arrgh:) by a model who managed to stay in the biz into her 50's. I figured she knew what she was talking about. :icon_:Dl:

yeah, that's pretty cool. i did talk to models on set who gave me tips, but often, sadly they weren't exactly wholistic minded. It was very informative, though, and speaking with hair & makeup crew sort of helped me figure that out, at least for on camera work. Changing my look from what i look like normally to a completely different type so that people say OMG, is kind of interesting! When i did the TV host work at LBCTv, i used to love shocking my pals by walking in with full makeup, bronzer, and a hair ponytail. Not to mention a wonderbra & a suit.

However, high heels, girdles, pantyhose, tummy flatteners, teeth whiteners, sunscreen, sun tanners, hair dyes, and makeup, as well as wigs, weaves, and irritating, too tight clothing or undergarments take a big toll on the sensitive people.... like me.

I passed out on a set where I wore a corset under my period clothes. It was so hot I almost blacked out and they had to have someone revive me and then kind of undo my clothes and rub me to get the circ back so i could drive the 2 hours home from the valley.

is it christy turlington, the supermodel turned yogini? i do enjoy some women's mags on the beauty front, but then, i kinda prefer Self and other new age things for longevity...just trying to live, not do any sort of modeling for real, just for fun. :icon_razz:

I would substitute corn starch for commercial baby powder, only because baby powder usually has a fragrance that doesn't taste very good. ;)

Edit: Or should that be substitute the baby powder with corn starch. Sheesh, I need another cuppa.:icon_rolleyes:

yeah, i have some kind of foot powder, i think it's called gold bond, but its medicated.

Sister Faith
September 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I can tell you from experience, DON'T use Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder if you suffer from Foot-in-mouth disease. :icon_:Dl:

kittehkaboodle
September 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I can tell you from experience, DON'T use Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder if you suffer from Foot-in-mouth disease. :icon_:Dl:

haha. cute, yes I do! I do!

I googled turlington, and yep she studied eastern philosophy and is a supermodel turned activist/yogini. here's an interesting website on celebs & yoga: http://yogamarrakech.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/celebrities-and-yoga/

I'm liking just going out to a store and window shopping first for research IRL style, then, maybe taking a mental or real notepad and jotting things down like prices, ingredients, and brands...then, come home to google the product. can i find it cheaper on ebay or another site? can i find it at an IRL store nearby for less... compare, contrast brands...whew! I usually buy a thing at a real store to try it out first, if it's a fav, then i maybe look online or at a warehouse store to see if i can get it bulk or plain wrap cheaper. fyi, that powder makeup we found for about half price on an ebay store, same with many, many wholistic products that i often use...like those new detox foot pads...and alongside that i found some body wraps to use at home.

barring that i often go to thrift, recycle or free sites/stores, lawns, doorsteps, and etc. and if im searching for a thing, often it pops up. i will it into existence, i think. :icon_:Dl:

a honey facial, try real honey on the face and then type on yourself like a typewriter, makes it smooth & yummy. all that yogurt, milk bath, avocado mask stuff the Jeanne Rose goes over it all in detail. but, im thinking you could easily google each ingredient to find info & recipes online, also, you could google your "skin type" herbs and it might list what's good for you to use. dunno.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeanne-Rose-Herbal-Natural-Beauty/dp/1583940049

don't forget to buy books used online, also, never do the retail, man. srsly.

sailor
September 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
holy shit! i just saw this: Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00154JDAI/ref=sv_kinc_0

e-books on the go, technology rendering paper reading obsolete! again.

go TREES.

huntedbyninjas
September 23rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
Hormones are kicking my ass...crying, depressed, angry, sensitive..blah. crying at least once these past couple of days..twice a few times. its really no fun..my pregnancy has been a bit backwords when it comes to hormones.

sailor
September 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Hormones are kicking my ass...crying, depressed, angry, sensitive..blah. crying at least once these past couple of days..twice a few times. its really no fun..my pregnancy has been a bit backwords when it comes to hormones.

http://www.motherlove.com/faq_herbspregnant.php

googled: herbs contraindicated during pregnancy for the above link.

doesn't say you can't have teas/tinctures/tablets with St. John's Wort (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John%27s_wort) or Kava Kava (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava). 1st for depression/blues, 2nd for relaxation/calmness.

I've used both and read about them. In fact, there are whole entire books out about these two herbs.

edit: prenatal vitamins...you may have a deficiency. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_vitamins

herbs safe for pregnancy - http://www.familyherbalremedies.com/herbs_safe_for_pregnancy.html

just saying

huntedbyninjas
September 23rd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Well i've read a few things saying that Kava Kava and St.Johns Wort isnt good for pregnancy and that i should ask my Doctor/caregiver before taking it. I would have taken Kava Kava a while back ago, we have a store here that sells an awesome Kava Kava juice...but the lable says "not for woman who are pregnant.." so..>.>

kittehkaboodle
September 23rd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Well i've read a few things saying that Kava Kava and St.Johns Wort isnt good for pregnancy and that i should ask my Doctor/caregiver before taking it. I would have taken Kava Kava a while back ago, we have a store here that sells an awesome Kava Kava juice...but the lable says "not for woman who are pregnant.." so..>.>

ok, well my point was more that you could google what IS right for your body during the pregnancy in terms of foods, herbs, supps, vits, and any activities.

make sure that the website you visit is educational and not commercial oriented and there are ways of finding out if one is a trusted site to use or not.

doctors sometimes know, and sometimes don't know or believe everything about complimentary care. but you are right to proceed with caution. maybe a friend can help you out who has been pregnant before and see what she used for the things you mentioned, or you could go to your doula and other pregnancies specialists and ask one of those people about it...like an herbalist or nutritionist trained in pregnancy, etc.

tagnostic
September 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
meg, i tolerate
or ignore you
most of the time
but I draw the line
at medical advice
to expectant mothers

your not qualified to wipe your own ass
Leave Hunted alone
spout your bs elsewhere
Hunted is doing just fine
leave her alone

mouse

kittehkaboodle
September 23rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
meg, i tolerate
or ignore you
most of the time
but I draw the line
at medical advice
to expectant mothers

your not qualified to wipe your own ass
Leave Hunted alone
spout your bs elsewhere
Hunted is doing just fine
leave her alone

mouse

if we want to chat about something, i'm perfectly adept to do so. as is anyone here. if you disagree, then say so.

otherwise, why interrupt a rational convo about certain health issues that i'm helping her with? can you help? go ahead.

tagnostic
September 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
if we want to chat about something, i'm perfectly adept to do so.
adept?

you don't even have the vocabulary

if you disagree, then say so.erm, I just did

otherwise, why interrupt a rational convo about certain health issues that i'm helping her with?because it wasn't rational
and
your not helping

can you help? go ahead.I did,
i said
talk to your doctor/health provider
not some whack job on the web

sailor
September 23rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
so anyway, just try finding a pregnancy massage therapist or pregnancy yoga teacher in your area to talk to and possibly recieve guidance & therapy from. Then, if they can't help you out, ask them for a referral for a more qualified practitioner who deals in pregnancy all the time. They do have alternative medicine men & women in your area or nearby who can help you because they have experience in giving advice to pregnant women. If they are a mom already, and if they support your belief system, chrisitianity...and are a certified practitioner whose modalities contain pregnancy within their practice, you may find even a whole new school of thought on the subject...many, many women who have been or are pregnant study the subject further.

no harm in studying.

:D

huntedbyninjas
September 24th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Well...anyways..>.> i was never asking for Healthcare advice on my pregnancy. I actually wanted to know about peoples experiance with it, what they did and how they chose to go about labor...*nods*

I usually dont go to random people on the interwebs for any health advice because i know that the only person who knows about what MY body needs and does not need is me and my health care professional...*shrugs*

so tag, no need to worry, anything i hear on here i'd ask my doctor before going off and trying it. =P