View Full Version : Why don't we have stuff?

Cheesemonkeys24
September 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Today, I was reading our hate mail because I was bored. Then I was thinking about the FSM people. I read their hate mail and it's much worse than ours. I looked at their website, and it seems that they have a lot of stuff. They have wallpaper downloads, tee-shirts, hats, and a whole bunch of other stuff. http://www.cafepress.com/venganza/

Maybe we should have a store with shirts and bumper stickers,
And we should make our own wallpaper for download.

What does everyone think???

EDIT: I know that we don't want any money from people, at least could we have free wallpaper?

Loki
September 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
We can't have T shirts 'cos Google Inc will get pissy with us. Cafepress have refused to print CoG T shirts for that reason.

As to the rest - go for it :D

Will.
September 7th, 2009, 07:21 AM
You know, you could just send em a referral of all you are going to do with the
Google, logo, and they could take their cut. O.o

tagnostic
September 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM
all our
stuff
is
someone else's
and they won't
let us use their
name on our stuff
for our mutual
prophet (entropy)

djura
September 8th, 2009, 09:43 AM
The company that prints my stuff can do this, since they don't care about copyrights. Would be probably cheaper too...

Sister Faith
September 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Aside from Google getting pissy, I seem to recall the owner of this site saying he does not want to make money off the church by turning it into a store like Venganza did. He won't even pass the donation plate around, which is cool with me. :icon_mrgreen:

Cheesemonkeys24
September 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Aside from Google getting pissy, I seem to recall the owner of this site saying he does not want to make money off the church by turning it into a store like Venganza did. He won't even pass the donation plate around, which is cool with me. :icon_mrgreen:

I know, but could we have wallpaper?????:icon_:Dl:

Will.
September 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM
o.o...

I had poly paint, for shirts...
But
I made a shirt....

On the front it says "Guess what?"

And on the back it says "Fuck you"

kittehkaboodle
September 8th, 2009, 10:01 PM
why not come up with some personal little logo or slogan that doesn't contain the word google, or really direct anyone to the site or anything.

something catchy, like a jingle type of thing, and it's just this weird inside joke...only for googlists to enjoy and that can be your new wallpaper, etc.

very high concept.

like a pic of someone drinking a beer on the beach (total cliche) and on the beer label it has a pic of the cog mascot....?....then at the bottom some obscure motto, like the 42 one.

then, that's it. you could have someone be the spokesmodel...or you could have each person Do Their Own Google Ad....using google, of course in the ad...or to make the ad, and maybe using something personal to them about the site, like a fav thread or quote, or smiley, whatever. A personal story also could be translated visually....how the cog helped you, how you came across the site, who you met, how it changed you for the better, etc.

fomenter
September 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
coG isn't a trademark i think???? i wouldn't mess with selling anything (owners rules and copyrights) but http://www.zazzle.com/custom/tshirts will make anything you design..

sailor
September 8th, 2009, 11:11 PM
coG isn't a trademark i think???? i wouldn't mess with selling anything (owners rules and copyrights) but http://www.zazzle.com/custom/tshirts will make anything you design..

So one could go ahead and use the term COG or CoG or cog or coG?

then design a logotype with those 3 letters for continuity purposes. then you can steal my idea for making up your own cog ad, wallpaper, tshirt, cup, and then submit it to zazzle, or irl you can prolly find uber cheap print shops that you can bring your design to them on a CD or even email/upload them a jpeg file.

I think my 4 day weekend T shirt cost around 6 bucks to print...took maybe 3 days max turnaround. Used an old photoshop program to create design, which was a watercolor/gouache painting that I took a photo of and then edited on my computer. The tshirt itself I bought in bulk at costco for around maybe $1 per shirt.

You basically bring a Tshirt Print Shop the shirt & the CD and they do it for you. Total's under $10, incld. some gas for the drive. :icon_:Dl:

Or, shop around online... but, I think it would be fun if instead of having people win contests, that everyone got to do an individual entry, and it would even be neat to have all entries/logos be represented in a group wallpaper. Individuals -->> Group.

fomenter
September 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
check with somebody that knows first!!!

i would guess "cog" isn't someone else's but don't trust me..

kittehkaboodle
September 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
check with somebody that knows first!!!

i would guess "cog" isn't someone else's but don't trust me..

never.

o.k, o.k.

Will.
September 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
How a bout a picture of the FSM's silhouette with a red circle and strikeout through it?

fomenter
September 10th, 2009, 12:36 AM
How a bout a picture of the FSM's silhouette with a red circle and strikeout through it?
http://zazzle.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/copyright/r_id/166/sno/1/search/1/session/L3NpZC9pamx0WXhIag==

Will.
September 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
http://zazzle.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/copyright/r_id/166/sno/1/search/1/session/L3NpZC9pamx0WXhIag==

O.o...

I used to make Stop aids shirts....

Well..
IT was really one stick man bent over and another fuckin him with a red strike through it... But it was highlarious.

tagnostic
September 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
When GWBush was running for Gov
vs Ann Richards(rumors of dyke tendencies)
I made/sold bumper stickers
"If anyone can lick Bush, Ann Can"

Will.
September 14th, 2009, 05:32 AM
When GWBush was running for Gov
vs Ann Richards(rumors of dyke tendencies)
I made/sold bumper stickers
"If anyone can lick Bush, Ann Can"

:icon_eek:

sailor
September 19th, 2009, 05:20 AM
O.o...

I used to make Stop aids shirts....

Well..
IT was really one stick man bent over and another fuckin him with a red strike through it... But it was highlarious.

sounds more like the homophobia T.

How about an erect CoG with a huge condom over it.

That's funnier. Or...The CoG Gets AIM Tested.