View Full Version : Monday Minutes With Mr. Poth.

Kiz Redweek
January 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM
On Mondays, my school's principle appears on the morning show.

Just on Mondays.

He always speaks about things the students ALREADY KNOW. Like, today, he goes 'So, I know that a lot of students must have gotten electronics over the break, for Christmas', and he says this all VERY slowly, drawling on the morning show, 'and I just wanted to let everyone know that school rules still apply...'

NO FREAKING DUH.

We're back in school, smart one! What a creeper.

I swear, his 'Monday Minutes' is the most mundane, useless part of the morning show! EVERY student knows that we're not allowed to just walk through hallways and pull out cellphones, and musical devices, and just mess with them, none of us are stupid. Most just don't care.

As for me, I DO care, there's no way I'm gonna be pulling my stuff out and getting it confiscated. His appearance, to speak on matters that everyone is aware of, and well versed is, disgusts me.

rzm61
January 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
High school?

tagnostic
January 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM
hehehe
we used to have to go to "assemblies"
they were always blindingly monotonous
I can't remember a single one
:shrug:

Sister Faith
January 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Same here except I can remember one that I was kicked out of (w/ a weeks detention) for laughing uncontrollably. No, I can't remember what was so funny.
It's not called high school for nothing.:icon_lol:

Kiz Redweek
January 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM
XD

High school.

I swear, I just wanna slap that guy when he gets on. He's always got his hands all held together, like he's about to start a prayer or something!

That man's ridiculous. It's like he doesn't know what his job entails, so he just resorts to restating the obvious.

Tom in the Morning
January 6th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Do the same whenever you encounter him, with your hands. If called on it, say it has nothing to do with him, and it's part of your "waking prayers", then lapse into an incoherent jumple of prophetic religious nonsense.

Laugh involuntarily at random intervals whenever he is public speaking. When called on it, act very serious and worried, and say that you're not feeling well. Ask to see the nurse. Skip out on his diatribe and go do some hard drugs. Make it to your next class. If called on it, say you started feeling better. Go back to beginning of this paragraph. Repeat. ;)

rzm61
January 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
:D
Gotta love high school.

Kiz Redweek
January 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
XD oh no, drugs! I can't do drugs, that's silly.

But anyway, yeah, and he kills me. He stopped my friend yesterday, and asked to buy some chocolate from her, even though there's a RULE against doing that!

Like, how does he just enforce NOT buying chocolate from students during the day, and not do it himself!?

I think she should've said 'no' to him, for just being an ass.

Tom in the Morning
January 7th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Never say no to an idiot who wants to give you money.

OfficerFriendly
January 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I disagree. I think being honorable has more value than gaining a few coins

Tom in the Morning
January 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I disagree. I think being honorable has more value than gaining a few coins
What is so honorable about refusing to sell someone chocolate, because you don't like them? Sounds a little more like childishness to me.
"Morality is temporary, Wisdom is permanent." HST

On another note, I don't think I've ever found so many uses for HST quotes in such a short amount of time. :icon_cool:

OfficerFriendly
January 7th, 2010, 05:11 PM
What is so honorable about refusing to sell someone chocolate, because you don't like them? Sounds a little more like childishness to me.

On another note, I don't think I've ever found so many uses for HST quotes in such a short amount of time. :icon_cool:

"There's no wisdom that lacks virtue" - OfficerFriendly

I dont need other people minds, tool.

Kiz Redweek
January 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM

She wasn't supposed to refuse because she doesn't like him. We're not ALLOWED to sell during the day.