View Full Version : 2012

Will.
January 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Alright, since the movie 2012 sucked soo much the interest in the end of the Mayan calendar has subsided, but an entire empire was defeated by 14 sleeping mexicans on horses, how right could these mayans be? Or did they just not finish the calendar?

OfficerFriendly
January 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Alright, since the movie 2012 sucked soo much the interest in the end of the Mayan calendar has subsided, but an entire empire was defeated by 14 sleeping mexicans on horses, how right could these mayans be? Or did they just not finish the calendar?

Its gona be another countless dooms day prediction I lived through.

DutchPastaGuy
January 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Its gona be another countless dooms day prediction I lived through.

You can say that again, just another one in the countless string of garbage end of the world predictions:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

If anyone wants to claim the world will end in 20102 then I'd be happy to place a bet against that. I'll give you pretty favourable odds. Anyone?

tagnostic
January 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
its not going to end
but it could use a warm boot

Shazam!
January 13th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Didn't we all die from Y2K, or bird flu, or swine flu, or a nuclear holocaust? Man, I really need to keep up with these apocalypses.

tagnostic
January 14th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I vote for the collider
killing yourself with a homemade blackhole
is really going out in style

Will.
January 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I know, but you'd have to be retarded to believe that an entire culture was defeated by 14, sleeping Spanish on horses, WHO RECEIVED NO FATALITY, could be correct about the end of the world...

tagnostic
January 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM
technically the culture was defeated
not specifically by 14 spaniards sleeping on horseback
but the culture is gone none the less
the spanish being the proximate cause

Will.
January 14th, 2010, 07:13 PM
technically the culture was defeated
not specifically by 14 spaniards sleeping on horseback
but the culture is gone none the less
the spanish being the proximate cause

I'm pretty sure they were... Well, the Spanish Galley eventually did help, but it pretty much was assumed to be the work of the first wave.

Googlisimo Sanchez
January 15th, 2010, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty sure they were... Well, the Spanish Galley eventually did help, but it pretty much was assumed to be the work of the first wave.

First of all, when Spain arrived in what we now know as Mexico, it defeated the Aztec kingdom. The Maya hadn't been the dominant tribe in several hundred years at that point.

Secondly, the Spanish victory might have had something to do with the several thousand indigenous warriors that the spaniards spent almost 2 years recruiting and/or bribing from the tribes that were warring with or had a grudge against the Aztecs.

Thirdly, there were a few hundred Spaniards, not 14. And there were Spanish casualties, both to disease and infection, and also in the 2nd battle of Technoctitlan when Cortes' personal bodyguard got mostly slaughtered covering his escape and retreat across the bridge.

Will.
January 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
First of all, when Spain arrived in what we now know as Mexico, it defeated the Aztec kingdom. The Maya hadn't been the dominant tribe in several hundred years at that point.

Secondly, the Spanish victory might have had something to do with the several thousand indigenous warriors that the spaniards spent almost 2 years recruiting and/or bribing from the tribes that were warring with or had a grudge against the Aztecs.

Thirdly, there were a few hundred Spaniards, not 14. And there were Spanish casualties, both to disease and infection, and also in the 2nd battle of Technoctitlan when Cortes' personal bodyguard got mostly slaughtered covering his escape and retreat across the bridge.

I'm being belligerent, when I go off on these doomsday tangents I'm mocking them, both politically and socially incorrectly.

Googlisimo Sanchez
January 18th, 2010, 08:40 PM

seriously? you modded my post for "flamebaiting"?

that's pretty inconsistent with what I've seen elsewhere around the site. Are you sure you're not flamebaiting me? :icon_lol:

rzm61
January 18th, 2010, 11:05 PM
seriously? you modded my post for "flamebaiting"?

Officer....was that really necessary?

OfficerFriendly
January 18th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I don't know to be honest, because I wasn't sure if Will would be sensitive to a verbal attack about his intelligence. Besides, it was written in an area that is designed to be flame free.

Mr Sanchez is still new here and I am happy to see he noticed the edit and wont do that ever again in this section. Is that correct, sir?

rzm61
January 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Yes you are right.
The Discussion section is supposed to be relatively flame free, however shit happens...but I see where you're coming from. I just don't feel there is a true need to actually modify the post.

Just mention it. That should be good enough....for the time being.

but whatever, shit happens.

Will.
January 19th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know to be honest, because I wasn't sure if Will would be sensitive to a verbal attack about his intelligence. Besides, it was written in an area that is designed to be flame free.

Mr Sanchez is still new here and I am happy to see he noticed the edit and wont do that ever again in this section. Is that correct, sir?

The way you put it makes me sound like a pansy.

tagnostic
January 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM
you are hamster powered
not an intimidating mascot
:shrug:

Will.
January 19th, 2010, 04:30 PM
you are hamster powered
not an intimidating mascot
:shrug:

.... :icon_razz: :shrug:

tagnostic
January 19th, 2010, 04:36 PM
now if they were
sabre toothed venomous vampire hamsters
that would be different

OfficerFriendly
January 19th, 2010, 05:52 PM
The way you put it makes me sound like a pansy.

lol i apologize for my mis-diagnose. Here, let me examine you again
:tinfoilhat:

djura
January 21st, 2010, 04:34 PM
sabre toothed venomous vampire hamsters...

I'd kinda like one for a pet...

tagnostic
January 21st, 2010, 04:40 PM
yeah,
but they're so hard to house train
always leaving bodies all over the house

djura
January 21st, 2010, 04:44 PM
like that changes anything... :)

tagnostic
January 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
rofl,