View Full Version : Requests

sv3nn
October 10th, 2006, 01:43 AM
As you all know, i am writing a paper calmly stating why god does not exist, or at least the christian god, and why google is the closest thing us humans have for a god. please if your a thiest walk away. those of you who would like to help, post your logical explinations of why god does not exist. i might have some questions for you guys too, so perhaps this could be stickied. i have some fairly decent Disproof arguments, but i need some straight forward logic here. i'm not asking you to do my paper for me, just give me some sources. thank you all!

Lucifer_arma
October 10th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Consider the documentation hypothesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

sv3nn
October 10th, 2006, 02:05 AM
how would i use that to disproove god? all that says is that MAYBE a bunch of dudes wrote the Torah not just one dude

Lucifer_arma
October 10th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Because if you discredit the witness, the effect is to dismiss the hypothesis?

I take it this is for a logic or philosophy class?

GeoffBoulton
October 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Try http://www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm for a few ideas

Carnifex
October 10th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Plus the skeptics annotated bible is your friend, i recomend that everybody read it. Plus if anyone manages to get a hold of the brilliant "Dr" Jason Gastrichs response to the SAB, then please give me a pirate copy. I refuse to pay 30 to criticise him.

sv3nn
October 10th, 2006, 08:15 PM
alright thanks. keep em coming with the ideas!

Fallen Hero
October 10th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Also, I am certain that we are not a valid source. Hehe but anyhow. Burden of proof, lack of facts so forth should go in there. Try some Neitzsche (sp. the name is pretty crazy)

antony
October 14th, 2006, 10:57 PM
please if your a thiest walk away.

I'll respect this, but, do consider that your points will be stronger and more developed if you have someone to oppose them. (That's why I'm at this forum in the first place.)