View Full Version : Ontario and religion

piquestra
March 13th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hello all, I am new to this Church. I do have a question. I live in Ontario and am interested in utilizing (i.e. taking advantage of) the tax-free nature of churches. If you can't beat 'em join 'em. Does anyone know the formal/legal issues involved in creating, incorporating, or whetever a church and/or religion in Canada/Ontario? Given the proliferation of these things, it can't be too difficult but Chapters doesn't have the Dummy's Guide For New Religions. If anyone can point me or direct me to a successful conclusion I promise to issue and bestow an appropriate title. My religion will have room for you all. And I must point out that I mean no disrespect to the Church of Google. I should point out that you could even be sainted because in my religion sainthood is available before death. Thanks in advance for any insight regarding this matter.

Will.
March 14th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Do you have a written set of beliefs accepted by a social group, utilizing mortality in some way?

piquestra
March 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Written set of beliefs can be readily produced. How extensive does it have to be? What defines a social group and how big does the group have to be? Finally where does mortality have to fit into the beliefs? Thanks for the response.

Will.
March 15th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Written set of beliefs can be readily produced. How extensive does it have to be? What defines a social group and how big does the group have to be? Finally where does mortality have to fit into the beliefs? Thanks for the response.

Its because thats what defines religion, as a set of beliefs guiding ones path in life. "And you are my shepherd."

piquestra
March 16th, 2010, 10:13 PM
So if I have a written set of beliefs that guides us then what? Keep i mind I am after tax relief and want to do so legally.

tagnostic
March 17th, 2010, 02:10 AM
you have to register it as a non-profit entity
and start keeping really good records

wheels5894
March 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I would be quite interested in this too. I am in the UK and see various religious groups manage to register as charities though, interestingly, Scientology failed to get registration.

I think we ought to get people together more - Google is obviously god (all-knowing, all-powerful etc) but some prefer the Spaghetti Monster for the food requirements (pasta and red wine!). Getting together in the real world would be useful in promoting the cause and more importantly becoming visible to populations who have no interest either way.

tagnostic
March 24th, 2010, 02:51 PM
we've discussed it,
but we're so geographically
seperated, it would pretty much
have to be done seperately in each
country, we have members in 9 that I'm
aware of, not to mention, most of are lazy

OfficerFriendly
March 25th, 2010, 02:46 AM
This is a great thread!

I havent yet but have you googled your question? At least it can point to a general direction or source

Will.
March 25th, 2010, 02:52 AM
I've made a church before....
Well opened a sector, but no one here is interested in the Holy House of Mother Mopar.

tagnostic
March 25th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Chevreligon
believe in it

Will.
March 25th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Chevreligon
believe in it

"And Yenko said unto the world, Let their be Nova, and there was, and it was fucking nuts" :D

tagnostic
March 25th, 2010, 05:15 PM
and prince sang
little red corvette
and the end was nigh

Sister Faith
March 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry to derail the derailment of this thread but I had a great idea for getting free promo for CoG. Instead of approaching people like S. Colbert or Jon Stewart we should be trolling people like Glen Beck. He'd be shouting so loud about us Godless souls you'd be able to here him from China. :D

Will.
March 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
"Acadian 4 : 11,
And the car came to him in a dream, it had said "Let me not be the next econo box line disaster, let thy not be compared as a pinto, And it was so, 350 strokers, Zspec transmissions, standard Goodyear radials, the first economy SS was born, on the eve of December, 15, 1976"

AND regarding sisters comment of de-railing, I think on the basis of the first post, these posts directly fall under the guideline as "relevant to the topic" of religion creation.

tagnostic
March 27th, 2010, 06:00 AM
lets sacrifice
a volvo to the
Torque Gods

Will.
March 27th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Heretic! Speak not of the femme car. VOLVO. focus on American Muscle.

tagnostic
March 28th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Pinto
Vega
Omni
Astre
Capri

Will.
April 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM
I wouldnt feel bad about one less Vega in the world... But their trannys were so god damned good.

tagnostic
April 2nd, 2010, 10:37 PM
hehehehe
back in '77
I had a '75 hatchback gt
with a 327 & glide in it
it came to a bad end

Will.
April 4th, 2010, 03:39 AM
hehehehe
back in '77
I had a '75 hatchback gt
with a 327 & glide in it
it came to a bad end

I'll bet, thats how they usually ended. :icon_lol:

tagnostic
April 4th, 2010, 03:52 AM
hehehehe
at least my
little brother
salvaged the glide

Will.
April 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I know a guy who rebuilt a cavalier, 96 with the glide from a vega and a 350 from an acadian a front end and posi from a 66 camaro with no body.... Needless to say my rc had no issue passin him

tagnostic
April 4th, 2010, 07:43 PM
hehehehe
sounds like a
gearheads mr. potatohead

our personal best
was a complete drivetrain
318 4bbl
narrowed rearend
from a 70 coronet
into a 71 alpha romeo graduate

took alot of reinforcing in the front