View Full Version : Google is a God....well kind of

holagente
October 12th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Hello people im new here and so far i have read like 4 or 5 posts and read the proofs that the church of google has to believe the it (or she as you say) is a God, at the beginning i thought that was the craziest stupidiest thing i have ever heard but (after i read your proofs) i thought you have a good point so i decide to grab a dictionary no define "God" and this is what i found:
God: in most of the religions, supreme being, creator of the world// person or THING that is worshipped.

So as google is a THING that some people worship, google must be a God
Sorry for my bad english

Jillamanda
October 12th, 2006, 06:28 AM
We believe Google is the closest thing we have to a god. We try and make a clear distinction between God (with a capital 'G') and a god. We have never said that Google is the Christian 'God'. That is a misperception alot of people seem to make.

Speaking personally, although I'm sure most members would agree, I don't believe a god created the universe and all within. I am an evolutionist.

disciple
October 12th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Year I'm with evolution too; by the way, welcome

Fallen Hero
October 12th, 2006, 09:34 AM
We are pretty much all evolutionists. Welcome to the church.

GeoffBoulton
October 12th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Yes, Jillamanda's summed us up quite nicely

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing some more posts from you ;)

SyBerWoLff
October 12th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Yes, Welcome. I too am an eveloutionist. I agree that Jillamanda pretty much summed everything up :P

acachinero
October 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Me, personally, I prefer to put my money on science.

Google combines the dynamic 'feel' of a startup with the immense power of a multi-billion dollar MNC.

It merits to be considered a deity.