View Full Version : Firefox crashed O_o

Sporkinator
June 15th, 2010, 01:18 AM
While loading a topic here on C.o.G. Firefox crashed and didn't even catch the crash. Apparently I should send the crash to Microsoft even though they can't do anything about it, and wouldn't if they could because they of course prefer Internet Explorer. :icon_razz:
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8784/ffcrash.png
FAIL.:mad:Now Mozilla doesn't get to receive my crash report so that they can debug it. Even more annoying is that I lose my cache when Firefox crashes. I have dial up. Losing cached images = BAD.

tagnostic
June 15th, 2010, 01:24 AM
don't use
windows
make the
switch:icon_mrgreen:

Sporkinator
June 15th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Can I still use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express if I switch? Can I still use Game Maker? Can I sill help Ken Miller test the Battlezone 1.5 patch? :fear:

It's the sad truth... I am trapped in Windows due to the software, games, and software/game development tools I use. :icon_eek:

rzm61
June 15th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Get over it.
Wipe the windows.
Get Linux.
Put Chrome on it.

Realize life is complete.

tagnostic
June 15th, 2010, 04:16 AM
dual boot
just use winblows for games
and use the linux when you
want it to work, no problem

Sporkinator
June 15th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Well, the next time I format and re-install Windows XP (probably not for a while), I'll leave room for a Linux partition instead of making the Windows partition the entire disk volume. :icon_mrgreen:

Switching is hard. I am making progress though, ever since I switched from Hotmail (Microsoft Mail) to Gmail. (All-powerful Google Mail):googlesign:

Oh, and my Mom uses Google Chrome to check her Gmail when she gets on my computer, mainly because I don't like to log in and out over and over, I'd rather just use 2 separate browsers.

Why do I use Firefox and not Google Chrome?

1. AdBlock extension does not work the same way in Chrome.
2. I like the refresh and stop buttons next to each other and the home button. (Home button is set to go to www.google.com)

tagnostic
June 15th, 2010, 07:25 PM
as long as any version of windows is already up and running
you can install just about any linux distro and it will recognize
it and ask you how much of the hdd you want it to use and it
will take care of the partitioning without bothering windows
bear in mind the windows(or any other os) has to already be
there, but i've done quad boots just for fun with
windows
ubuntu
opensolaris
redhat
all on one machine, no prob as long as the ms is on first, ms doesn't like to share

edit and with multiple linux desktops you can run multiple instances of the same browser
i routinely run firefox, firefox, chrome, with the 4th open for file browsing
could do it all in one, but i like to use multiple tabs in each one and it
can get a bit confusing, i like a little order on my machine