View Full Version : Two Thoughts

Jonathan
October 14th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Firstly, I just wanted to say, I like the site (and the Church). I like how the main site resembles the simplicitly of the great Google.

1) Add a disclaimer to the bottom of the page that the Church of Google is not affiliated with Google. Some people, as noted in the hate mail, could mistake this to be a project of Google.

2) Perhaps make a custom design for the forums to reflect the simplistic Google design the main site enjoys.

Ace job on the site.

Jonathan

AaronD
October 14th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Firstly, I just wanted to say, I like the site (and the Church). I like how the main site resembles the simplicitly of the great Google.

1) Add a disclaimer to the bottom of the page that the Church of Google is not affiliated with Google. Some people, as noted in the hate mail, could mistake this to be a project of Google.

2) Perhaps make a custom design for the forums to reflect the simplistic Google design the main site enjoys.

Ace job on the site.

Jonathan

Forum skinning is something I do best. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of frustration. The simplicity of Google, though, would be much easier to imitate.

Fallen Hero
October 14th, 2006, 07:17 PM
This is really simple as it is, I would say that this setup is as simple as Gmail's setup.

Idem
October 14th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I do believe you should add that disclaimer; I did see that reflected in one of the idiot's e-mails.

Fallen Hero
October 15th, 2006, 08:21 AM
It is kind of surprising that people cannot figure that out. A company would have to be very conceited and arrogant, beyond the worst of today, to make a church that worships one of their products.A little logic would sort it out. However, it is for the best that they are warned.

disciple
October 15th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Not a bad idea; it may stop the great ones getting pissed off, (by idiots complaining), and instigating legal action.

Nameless
October 16th, 2006, 06:35 AM
The kind of people stupid enough to believe this is a project of Google's are the kind of people who are stupid enough to not read fine print on principal. :roll:

I think the forum design as it is is good.

disciple
October 16th, 2006, 06:59 AM
The kind of people stupid enough to believe this is a project of Google's are the kind of people who are stupid enough to not read fine print on principal. :roll:

Too true: however I was thinking of 'The Creators' of our god. Knowing how vengeful other creators are supposed to be I was trying to avoid boils on my arse; as this would make worshiping very unpleasant!

Idem
October 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM

I think the forum design as it is is good.
True, but still, it will mean less people using Google, even if those people were born with but a spinal cord.

Googler
October 17th, 2006, 01:18 AM
lol very funny, but some people are stupid so who knows. Maybe a disclaimer is needed.

SyBerWoLff
October 17th, 2006, 01:42 AM
This is really simple as it is, I would say that this setup is as simple as Gmail's setup.

only not as Web 2.0......