View Full Version : Just found you guys

stevenmbriggs
July 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
A colleague of mine sent me a link today. I have placed the importance of the COG over that of my office duties.

I have learned a lot already. The hate mail only proves my point on so many things in so many ways.

Steve

Sister Faith
July 23rd, 2010, 10:02 PM
A colleague of mine sent me a link today. I have placed the importance of the COG over that of my office duties.

I have learned a lot already. The hate mail only proves my point on so many things in so many ways.

Steve

Welcome to the CoG Steve. :icon_cool:

Can you elaborate on how the hate mail proves your point? Do you agree/disagree with the posters?

Tell us a bit about yourself. :D

rzm61
July 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM

Steve

Heh. Welcome. Glad to hear a colleague sent you the link.
I remember when a good friend told me about this place and I looked it up immediately (seeing how I was right next to a computer.) Either that night or the next morning I joined.

It's all been downhill from there. :D

OfficerFriendly
July 24th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Steve,
how did the hate mail make you feel?

tagnostic
July 25th, 2010, 12:57 AM
welcome to
hated r us

stevenmbriggs
July 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on the proving my point part. I find that it is ignorance that leads people to a "higher being". That ignorance is plainly demonstrated in the comments in the hate mail posted.

Every argument that people tend to use to prove the existence of a higher being can be applied to the COG. What makes their god better than ours?

stevenmbriggs
July 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM
The hate mail doesn't hurt me... I truly feel sorry for the "Enlightened Ones" How hard it must be to go through life with so much self-loathing and fear of a God the humans created who, with so much supposed compassion, has only succeeded in striking fear and imposing great punishments upon people.

Sister Faith
July 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Well said!

It always amazes me that believers can spew so much hatred because you don't believe as they do, yet in the same breath say that god/jesus loves you. :icon_rolleyes:

Sidewalk preachers have always reminded me of alcoholics in denial. The more people you can get to drink with you, the more proof that you don't have a problem. :icon_evil:

Cheesemonkeys24
July 29th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the CoG!
Official Welcome
:when pigs fly: :gone fishing: :dance: :sisyphus: :over9000: :Groucho: :Elvis: :fight:

tagnostic
August 1st, 2010, 08:59 PM
any belief
that requires you
to convince others of it
is apparently not self evident
enough to have any basis in reality
and the only one you can end up convincing
is your self