View Full Version : Hierarchy

Omnicolorful
August 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
I think it is time we organized the church. we need a hierarchy of somesorts. We could have elections or do it by posts. anyone else have any ideas?

Cartire
August 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
I havent been here long, but I concur. Something was brought up recently that I took to heart.

We know the difference between right and wrong. When someone is commiting a crime, we know its are civic duty to stop them. If someone answers a question incorrectly, and you know the right answer, we correct them. If someone needs a gallon of milk, we dont undercut and only give him a pint.

So why do we feel its ok to let people go on "believeing" all the putrid religious crap out there. All belief is, is not knowing the truth, but the unwillingness to say that ok. We dont know everything, but that doesnt mean its ok to make it up as we go. If you dont know something, that should be ok. Theres a lot of things that we will not know in our lifetime, possibly in our species existance. We might never know the truth of where we come from and how. And we most likely will never know why. And thats ok. Whats not ok, is the concept that we can make up the truth to a degree that people will die over it. Having an idea or a thought is one thing. Creating a religion devoted to upholding those beliefs because the only way you can believe it is with mass appeal.

The time has come to stop giving anything to religious sects. This includes funding, tax benefits, and holding goverment positions. Our justice system is suppose to be an unbias approach to common sense and logic. However, not a day goes by that a judges religious/political affilitiation weighs more on there decisions then logic. Why do we even mention the religious diveristy of the US supreme court? I thought Justice was blind. This tends to be more of a saying then an actual idea.

The time for beginning the revolution of cleansing is upon us. I do not attend to cleanse by killing like other religous outfits, but by informing.

Hopefully we can all began to inform. Challenge all forms of religion. Do not allow them to continue the brainwashing propaganda that has plagued the decisions of mankind for thousands of years. Enough is enough. Ignorance will no longer be tolerated.

gman
August 2nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
I think it is time we organized the church. we need a hierarchy of somesorts. We could have elections or do it by posts. anyone else have any ideas?

i haven't been here very long yet either, but i have read through a lot of the archives, and they used to have a hierarchy, and it caused nothing but fights, people abusing power and attracting trolls, i am guessing the longtime posters dont want to repeat that history, also real churches have hierarchy's and look how fucked up that is! do you need to consult the popes rules? or would you rather search on your own terms,

there is a honorary title of "minister" and if you post enough, or put out creative church content you can earn it..

rzm61
August 3rd, 2010, 12:22 AM
i haven't been here very long yet either, but i have read through a lot of the archives, and they used to have a hierarchy, and it caused nothing but fights, people abusing power and attracting trolls, i am guessing the longtime posters dont want to repeat that history, also real churches have hierarchy's and look how fucked up that is! do you need to consult the popes rules? or would you rather search on your own terms,

there is a honorary title of "minister" and if you post enough, or put out creative church content you can earn it..

Eh, not a lot of people abused their 'power.'
Sure some shit happened, but at the time it seemed like it was needed actions. Besides, fuck the trolls. They never did a good job anyway. They thought they did, but really they just show their stupidity and immature behavior. :fap:

Will.
August 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Eh, not a lot of people abused their 'power.'
Sure some shit happened, but at the time it seemed like it was needed actions. Besides, fuck the trolls. They never did a good job anyway. They thought they did, but really they just show their stupidity and immature behavior. :fap:

WHEN READING THIS POST!
Search my posts. :icon_razz: and there will lay, an answer, so good, it Will be, answered.

Sister Faith
August 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM

At one time ministers were 'elected' by other ministers. But that was ultimately abused, just like the + or - reputation system. Now, anyone who joins the CoG is automatically a minister with no requirements for induction to the ministry other than spreading the word.

This way there is no venue for those who like to go on childish power trips - 'I'm a minister, and you are not/never will be, neener, neener ,neener :icon_razz:'-
and thus, no endless squabbles in the ministers lounge, which is now open to all members' input. :icon_mrgreen:

tagnostic
August 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
we're a disorganized religion
even we don't know who's
in charge, makes it harder
to blame anybody

Cheesemonkeys24
August 10th, 2010, 02:25 AM
we're a disorganized religion
even we don't know who's
in charge, makes it harder
to blame anybody

Controlled Chaos :D

Will.
August 10th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I'd say modest chaos.

googlismrulez
November 7th, 2010, 12:54 PM
We shouldn't have a hierarchy. It might work for a few months, but then it will all go downhill from there. It's best to leave the church as is.

OfficerFriendly
November 8th, 2010, 12:18 AM
wow a thread loaded with trolls

OfficerFriendly
November 8th, 2010, 12:19 AM
http://wydglobal.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/im-watching-you.jpg