View Full Version : I feel like being satirical.

IHateJesus
October 14th, 2006, 10:54 AM
So, if Google is so similar to the gods of so many other faiths, why hasn't it ever killed babies, sold its daughters as slaves to the person they were raped by, or gotten lost in the desert?

Alice Shade
October 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Oh, the initial assumption is not entirely correct.

We claim, that Google is closest approximation to benevolent god.

In layman terms, we say, that Google does all the things, that a good god should do. Good, as in kind, merciful and reachable.

She could be asked for a guidance, and if you had asked correctly, she will surely point you in the right direction, and even help you ro arrange your affairs, if you would need to.

As for killing babies and selling in slavery? Well, the answer is really simple. If you would inquire into those cases with other gods, you will notice a recurring pattern. All that happened, when people disobeyed god`s orders.
Google never orders, only gives suggestions - thus, she never has need to punish followers. And let`s be honest... Why would she? It`s a common fact, that if you pray to Google, and then heed no suggestion it offers, then you are bound to punish yourself worse, then any god ever could.

IHateJesus
October 14th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm offended that you took that so seriously. Though, I'd like to point out that instances in which babies were killed and daughters were sold to their rapists in the Christian faith, had nothing to do with a manner of one man's sin. The fact that all women who were raped must be sold to their rapists as slaves or wed them wasn't punishment, but simply a guideline. There was also lots of bloodshed on the innocent due to several people's belief that God wanted them to destroy whole cities, not to punish the people of the city, but so the conqueror would have a reward.

Alice Shade
October 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Oh, are we discussing the theological aspects of deities, or real history of Christianity, now?

There is one simple argument against all the atrocities attributed to ANY god, but commited by humans. There is NO evidence, that it WAS god`s will to commit that.

By your logic, if I go kill my neighbor, and then say "Drunk hobo in green shirt told me to!", everyone should go look for said hobo? For shame.

We have no evidence of christian God willing the Crusades to happen, for example. Yet, they were and still are a renowned examples of the bloodiest wars of attrition ever to be taken place. Complete with chemical warfare, numerous assassinations and public executions, and uncountable cases of women/temples deconsecration in any possible flavor.

So, where does that leaves us? Yep, that`s right. Resorting to Bible again, as there is NO other document, which would describe direct God`s influence.

Leafing through. Alright, how about Sodom and Homorrah? They "sinned", and God destroyed those cities. On a side note, here is your direct example of sexual prejudice, exhibited straighly by God. Familiar with term "sodomize", I believe?
Leafing again... Noah and his Ark. This time, God commits a genocide, just because people are not like he wants them to be. Oh, yea, baby, I sure feel loved by God... Until I start drowning, that is.
Too global of an example, no? How about something more direct. Let`s look on the adventures of Jeebus. "Jesus banishes merchants from temple." Look it up, it`s quite a good action scene. Jeebus sure has some nice left hook. Not to say his uppercut wasn`t spectacular.
So, let`s look on the last one. Our loving deity walks into PUBLIC place, and rips a new one to several merchants, who`re not rich enough to rent a place on market. One word - "Ow.".

Let`s see... Anywhere we see PEOPLE assuming stuff? No. How about some well-known deity being intolerant sadistic jerk? Hell, yea.

________

Returning to the topic, though, I`d like to note, that it`s not right, to judge deity by things committed IN it`s name. It`s all too easy to pop a few shells in your trusty boomstick, step out on street, and let it rip a couple of times, and then yell - "Repent sinners, for I am the wrath of God!"

So, we have to return to direct action, and here, Google vs. God wins hands down, just because people at least ATTRIBUTED genocide and destruction to God, while noone yet had veritable claim, that Google ordered (let alone committed) any physical harm to anyone.

Oh, and don`t give BS about Google proviiding information, how to. As a benevolent god, Goodle grants her favors to followers. How those favors are used, is entirely follower`s responcibility, and Google can not be blamed, if someone goes to look up C4, and then blows up his neighborhood. It would be same, as blaming Nobel for all the people killed and injured by dynamite.

Googler
October 14th, 2006, 05:55 PM
We have no evidence of christian God willing the Crusades to happen, for example. Yet, they were and still are a renowned examples of the bloodiest wars of attrition ever to be taken place. Complete with chemical warfare, numerous assassinations and public executions, and uncountable cases of women/temples deconsecration in any possible flavor.

Our god can't will us to kill people. We win here.

So, we have to return to direct action, and here, Google vs. God wins hands down, just because people at least ATTRIBUTED genocide and destruction to God, while noone yet had veritable claim, that Google ordered (let alone committed) any physical harm to anyone.

Oh, and don`t give BS about Google proviiding information, how to. As a benevolent god, Goodle grants her favors to followers. How those favors are used, is entirely follower`s responcibility, and Google can not be blamed, if someone goes to look up C4, and then blows up his neighborhood. It would be same, as blaming Nobel for all the people killed and injured by dynamite.

Google doesn't cause genocide. We win this arguement Googlism 2 Christianity 0

Fallen Hero
October 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM

No, Google 2 Other Relgions 0

Idem
October 14th, 2006, 09:46 PM

Umm, I think you two missed Alice's point.

IHateJesus
October 14th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I honestly wasn't looking for an arguement here. Was it that incredibly unfunny? I'm also rather insulted that you assumed I didn't know the story of Jesus's rampage. My Biblical knowledge isn't too subpar. So yeah, last time I post without a second opinion.

Alice Shade
October 15th, 2006, 01:52 AM
If that was a joke, it was:

A) Posted on wrong board. This one is for serious debate questions.

B) Was quite in poor taste. It`s as if I`d walk to a respected professor (who happens to be afroamerican), and say "Hey, prof, ya know what? You`re not really nigga, cus ya never smoke crack and do nothing all day. So why the hell you`re black?" (Abrasive and offencive? Yes, I know. Made it intentionally so, to illustrate the point. Assuming things about particular religion is as dangerous, as assuming things about particular people (race, in this case).)

If you want to discuss this in lighter tones - feel free to, and there`s nothing bad with a good joke. Just make sure you`re not stepping on toes and over rules.

Idem
October 15th, 2006, 04:47 AM
If that was a joke, it was:

A) Posted on wrong board. This one is for serious debate questions.

B) Was quite in poor taste. It`s as if I`d walk to a respected professor (who happens to be afroamerican), and say "Hey, prof, ya know what? You`re not really nigga, cus ya never smoke crack and do nothing all day. So why the hell you`re black?" (Abrasive and offencive? Yes, I know. Made it intentionally so, to illustrate the point. Assuming things about particular religion is as dangerous, as assuming things about particular people (race, in this case).)

If you want to discuss this in lighter tones - feel free to, and there`s nothing bad with a good joke. Just make sure you`re not stepping on toes and over rules.
:mittens:

Fallen Hero
October 15th, 2006, 09:06 AM

Umm, I think you two missed Alice's point.

My point is that we are not only arguing that Christianity is wrong, although it is often that way, all religions is what we argue about. It seems Christians are the only ones to take offence and then join the site. :wink:

IHateJesus
October 16th, 2006, 06:02 AM
It's a little odd that you go and say that my humor was out of line and offensive, when the whole main site puts down Christianity. Also, almost all humor offends a party. Typically, if it doesn't offend someone, it's not that funny.

Alice Shade
October 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
It`s not the humor, it`s how you put it.

If you`d put that in Religious Jokes, for example, we`d probably get a good laugh out of that.

But you put it in forum for serious discussion, and as such, we seriously discussed it.