View Full Version : John-Paul II *is* the pope of the Church of Google

FabB
October 14th, 2006, 11:05 AM
The proof is simple : Just ask Google for peace in the world

1. Go to www.google.com
2. Let's pray : "I want peace in the world"
3. Hit "I'm Feeling Lucky"

Here's the result :

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=I+want+peace+in+the+world&btnI=Google+Search&meta=

Jillamanda
October 14th, 2006, 02:53 PM
So how does that make him the 'Pope of the Church of Google'? I wasn't aware we had a pope, and if we have, why do we need him? All our followers have direct access to Google any time they need it - our god doesn't need an earthly spokesperson.

Googler
October 14th, 2006, 04:47 PM
So how does that make him the 'Pope of the Church of Google'? I wasn't aware we had a pope, and if we have, why do we need him? All our followers have direct access to Google any time they need it - our god doesn't need an earthly spokesperson.

Good point, and I still don't understand how that works out. Just because you searched for him doesn't mean he's CoG's pope. We don't even have a pope.

GeoffBoulton
October 14th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Errr, isn't Pope John Paul II dead or have we had another resurrection?

the current Pope is Bededict XVI - Joseph Ratzinger

Ditto what the others said - Don't have a pope, don't need one ;)

P.S. Even if we did want/need one I would rule out Ratzinger on the basis of his being the person responsible for implementing the Catholic church's policies on Paedophile priests while he was a Cardinal.

Fallen Hero
October 14th, 2006, 08:41 PM

P.S. Even if we did want/need one I would rule out Ratzinger on the basis of his being the person responsible for implementing the Catholic church's policies on Paedophile priests while he was a Cardinal.

Hehe, the ex-nazi youth pope, another reason to rule him out. JPII was better than this pope, but then again, this one has the rest of his life to prove himself.

acachinero
October 14th, 2006, 10:01 PM
our god doesn't need an earthly spokesperson.

I was going to say this but you beat me to it :).

Jillamanda
October 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM

Great minds think alike. :wink:

AaronD
October 14th, 2006, 11:50 PM

But what about our minds?

Nameless
October 16th, 2006, 08:48 AM

And fools rarely differ. Hmm.

SAVAGE
October 16th, 2006, 11:04 PM

No one ever truly dies...they just become a part of google.

mozzer
October 17th, 2006, 07:12 AM
An why would the definition of our religion be peace in the world, surely the prayer should be

"Who is the leader of the CoG"

booshire
October 19th, 2006, 07:34 PM
If we elected or inherited a pope, we could always make her or him drink listerine and smoke banana peels until he or she was "holy enough" to receive the "divine coding" from google god. I need weird rituals to keep my attention.

Passing pastafarian
November 16th, 2006, 10:40 PM
No one ever truly dies...they just become a part of google.

You can be (and probably are) *a part of google* when you are alive as well. Google will even (in most cases) confirm your death.

Kokoba
November 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM

Hehe, the ex-nazi youth pope, another reason to rule him out. JPII was better than this pope, but then again, this one has the rest of his life to prove himself.

But I mean being in the Hitler Youth != being a Nazi. There are other reasons to object to Ratzinger, absolutely, but that bit of biographical information is not one of them.

Fallen Hero
November 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM

But I mean being in the Hitler Youth != being a Nazi. There are other reasons to object to Ratzinger, absolutely, but that bit of biographical information is not one of them.

I was not trying to be serious with the Nazi Youth thing, that was just amusement, the JPII being better was based on I can actually recall JPII doing something at that point.

Kokoba
November 17th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Okay good, just making sure. :) I just saw that all over the place as soon as he was elected (or whatever the appropriate verb is considering the pope) and it was just the most annoying thing. I'm not a Catholic or even a Christian by any means but it was still obnoxious.