View Full Version : I'm Back

sam the moderately wize
October 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I know it's been a long time, but I'm returning once again to inhabit my misspelled persona. Good afternoon, friends. It's good to be back.

I'm now a philosophy student at the University of York, England, with a prediliction for existentialism, zen, stoicism and epicureanism. Aside from that, I find karate, hide and seek, fellwalking and reading Solzhenitsyn more fulfilling than drunken parties.

Rimmer
October 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Welcome to Quake Li- I mean welcome back to the CoG. Ghaad, I need to play something else for a change, but I just. Don't. Wanna!

Sister Faith
October 15th, 2010, 09:56 PM
It's good to be back.

It's good to have you back. :icon_cool:

I'm now a philosophy student at the University of York, England, with a prediliction for existentialism, zen, stoicism and epicureanism.

Where, in life, will this take you? I mean, are there many job openings for philosophers? :shrug:

Sister Faith
October 15th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Welcome to Quake Li- I mean welcome back to the CoG. Ghaad, I need to play something else for a change, but I just. Don't. Wanna!

Just step away from the controller Rimmer. Put it down slowly and step away with your hands up. :icon_lol:

OfficerFriendly
October 16th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Welcome back

tagnostic
October 17th, 2010, 09:20 PM
good to see ya,
been a while

definately an
existentialist zen epicurean

just wish there were more
pro active nihilists around
do it yourself population
control

sam the moderately wize
October 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Where, in life, will this take you? I mean, are there many job openings for philosophers? :shrug:

http://insidework.net/resources/articles/the-top-ten-jobs-of-2015-dont-exist-today

I've tried to see how much there is in this statistic several times, and it seems to be a fairly reasonable guess at what the future will be like. After all, the power of the internet today would have been inconcieveable even a decade ago, and the pace of change can only increase. I have no idea what I'll be doing by the time I leave university (which could be seven years or more if I do a masters and a PhD), and neither can anyone else. In any case, I'm doing philosophy largely for the joy of it. The future can wait.

tagnostic
October 21st, 2010, 10:58 PM
degree's don't necessarily
mean you know anything
it just means you can be
taught