View Full Version : What happened?

mouse
October 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
A couple years ago this place was bursting with activity. I joined hoping it was still like that.

Now I has a sad.

Sister Faith
October 27th, 2010, 01:43 AM
A couple years ago this place was bursting with activity. I joined hoping it was still like that.

Now I has a sad.

Long story short:

-Troll invasion :icon_evil:
-Lots of drama :icon_rolleyes:
-Some old and lots of new members left :( :(

However, reports of the CoG's death have been greatly exaggerated. We are born-again. :D

mouse
October 27th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Long story short:

-Troll invasion :icon_evil:
-Lots of drama :icon_rolleyes:
-Some old and lots of new members left :( :(
Lame. D:

However, reports of the CoG's death have been greatly exaggerated. We are born-again. :D

Well, there's hope.

So about how many active members do you think there are then?

sam the moderately wize
October 27th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Well, there's hope.

So about how many active members do you think there are then?

Stick around, we'll never be able to return to our former glory unless people who actually want to talk keep turning up.

As for active members, I'd list me, you, Sister Faith, Tag, fomenter, Eliomann, Rimmer, Officer Friendly, Will, tatty, rzm61, Voltaic Volition (if he hasn't left) and maybe Dr Shade, gman and Kokoba (depending on how we're defining activity).

So, about 12.

tagnostic
October 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
we've survived
3 troll invasions
and alot of members
reaching puberty
and getting lives
and due to circumstances
beyond our control
some of us can't log on
as often as we would like to
but the Goddess abides

it is what it is

Yoda
October 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Well, every forum goes through a down time. This one is from what I understood relatively unknown. So, you could go on w/ the tight knit group you have all grown to love and embrace, of course accepting those who decide to tag along like me :). Or you could start the word of mouth adverts that get others booming. Either way I look forward to seeing where this forum takes me :).

tagnostic
October 27th, 2010, 06:26 PM
welcome
a bored
yoda

mouse
October 27th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ahh, another user has joined!

Yoda
October 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Yes I have and I am looking forward to engaging in vast amounts of conversation.

tagnostic
October 28th, 2010, 12:38 AM
i wanna see
the sheep

Yoda
October 28th, 2010, 12:48 AM
It will be up soon, I still have tinkering to do then I will go ahead and get the sheep on here.

tagnostic
October 28th, 2010, 01:16 AM
rofl
my connect is really
sucking right now
could use some
sheep and rum
about now

tatty000
October 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Truth is that this website and the concept was always going to be a phase, as sad as it is. I came here because some crazy kid in the beginning of high school said that people literally worshipped google as a god and I just had to find out for myself.

But as Atheism and modernism is coming more and more into play in peoples daily lives, people care less and less about controversy and things like this. Not everyone is religious and crazy as they were 5 years ago (which says a lot about our current progress as humanity [whether good or bad]).

However, when you realise that no matter where you are, there are good people around (online forums), you just feel at home.

tagnostic
October 29th, 2010, 01:38 AM
i'm always out of phase
so i'll stick with it

mouse
October 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM
i'm always out of phase
so i'll stick with it

Bahaha. I love this.

rzm61
October 30th, 2010, 07:21 AM
It's been awhile. Glad to see the CoG is still here. :D

tatty000
October 30th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Hellz yeah!

Dr-Shade
November 1st, 2010, 12:54 AM
Stick around, we'll never be able to return to our former glory unless people who actually want to talk keep turning up.

As for active members, I'd list me, you, Sister Faith, Tag, fomenter, Eliomann, Rimmer, Officer Friendly, Will, tatty, rzm61, Voltaic Volition (if he hasn't left) and maybe Dr Shade, gman and Kokoba (depending on how we're defining activity).

So, about 12.

count me!! im still active whenever i get the net to run.... damn isp sucks nuts :mad:

OfficerFriendly
November 1st, 2010, 03:47 AM
It is a great website, Mouse. Plenty of Trolls around for you to play with in here. wellll, actually there is only one active troll. he just has a crap load of different names cuz he screws up a lot.
:icon_lol:

I wouldn't worry about him thou. We like to keep him around cuz he is a good writer.

Yoda
November 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Trolls are always fun to play with, especially when you are able to successfully able to turn it around onto them and they get upset at you. Then you have to power of the Troll :)

tagnostic
November 2nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
rzm61

he lives
damn glad to see ya

Sister Faith
November 3rd, 2010, 12:17 AM

Eh, where ya been Slacker? Anybody'd think you'd gotten a life!

Tag is fast catching up to your 15 thou + posts. Better pick up the pace or you'll lose your Post King crown. :(

rzm61 damn glad to see ya

Dildo :icon_lol:

tagnostic
November 3rd, 2010, 04:44 AM
rofl
no way i'll catch
rzm
just tryin to keep up
could use a good
game of thread tag
but my connect is
spotty as hell:mad:

tatty000
November 4th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I log in to CoG today to see that all sub forums were recently posted in by tag. He will win, and very soon.

Rimmer
November 4th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hai guiz, wuts going on in dis thread?

OfficerFriendly
November 8th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Hai!