View Full Version : The problem with Googlism and Google fundamentalism

Saicho
October 30th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hi, I'm new here and still don't know much about Googlism so forgive me for my ignorance. In this topic I'm going to talk about my doubts regarding Googlism out loud commiting heresey after heresey, so if you're a fundamentalist Googlist, leave. But of course we all know that Googlism is the religion of peace and rationality, so free inquiry shouldn't bother any of you, even the fundies

1. If Google is God, what does that make the Internet?

Google can lead us to other websites, but what is Google without other websites? And isn't Google in and of itself a website on the Internet. Isn't Google a pretty powerless and God if you have no Internet? Infact if something were to happen to the Internet wouldn't Google die out? Thus doesn't that make the Internet more powerful than Google? Shouldn't we worship the Internet?

2. Is Google/Googlism really superior to other religions in omnibenevolence?

It is consistently claimed by Googlists that no religious wars were fought in the name of Googlism and thus it makes it superior to other religions
There is no denying that religion has been responsible for many bad things, Christianity was responsible for the annihilation of the native Americans, the largest act of genocide in history, the Taiping Rebellion which was the bloodiest civil war in history killing 20-30 million people according to Guinness, and the Thirty Years war which was the worst European war percentage wise
Islam had the largest war in history, the Muslim Conquest of India which may have killed as many as 80 million people throught many centuries, in addition some of the largest ongoing wars were caused by Islam such as the Second Sudanese Civil War and the Afghan Civil War
Even Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, Sikhism, Shinto, Zoroastrianism and pretty much every single religion that had at least some power at a certain time were engaged in war and intolerance, for Buddhists the white lotus rebellion, Hindus have the Indo-Pakistani war, Taoism has the Yellow Turban Rebellion and the Five Pechs of Rice rebellion, and so on and so forth
But isn't it at least fair to assume that if Googlism had more power it would make religious atrocities? Currently 6 thousand people like the Church of Google page, so perhaps there are some 6 thousand Googlists. Isn't that really small? Spiritism has over 10 million members and it had no religious atrocities, Jainism has at least 4 million members and possibly as much as 12 million members and the whole meaning behind Jainism is Ahimsa(non-violence) so it had no religious atrocities either. Arent't those religions morally superior to Googlism since they had more power and yet commited no atrocities in their entire history despite the fact that Jainism has origins tracing as far back as the fourth milleniu BCE, plenty of time for atrocities to occur
Also can't we literally say that Googlism is currently waging a holy war against a fifth of the world's population? China?

3. Who are the authorities behind Googlism?

Christianity has Jesus, Islam has Muhammad, Buddhism has the Buddha, Taoism has Lao Tzu, Confucianism has Confucius, Sikhism has the gurus etc
But who speaks for Googlism? Isn't that really a tough problem? If there isn't anyone who we can say for sure is inspired by Google, if Google cannot speak to us, if we have no religious books about Googlism, how can we claim to know anything about Google? And who is a Googlist anyway? the founders of Google(PBUH) and you guys? That's not alot now is it? If Google is truly God and if there is evidence for Google more than any other God then why aren't more people Googlists? Why isn't there some famous Googlist aside from the founders of Google(PBUH)

4. Google is not omnibenevolent!

The first Googlist commandment is that we should have no other search engine before Google, at the second commandment Google admits she's a jealous engine "bringing law suits and plagues against the fathers of the children unto the third and fourth generations", at the ninth commandment Google admits she's a vengeful seach engine. Sure it doesn't command us to kill Yahooists and witches but it's there you know, like the petty gods of old Google demands out attention, being jealous if we give attention to any other deity and bringing law suits and plagues, PLAGUES against many generations and admits she's vengeful. How is that any better than the Judeo-Christian God? How is that different from Zeus? How is that different from Odin? How is that different from any of the gods of old? How can the belief that Google is omnibenevolent be reconciled with such an evil engine?
Oh, and why is Google is egocentric in its commandments, aside from the fifth commandment there are no moral commandments in Googlism. And Googlism clearly plagarized the ten Google commandments from the ten commandments of the Bible, very unoriginal, especially for a God
Doesn't all of that make other religions more superior to Googlism? Like say Jainism? Which brings us to the fifth point

5. Aren't some religions more superior than Googlism?

I'll give a few examples, how about Jainism? Unlike the previously discussed ten commandments of Google Jainism is more humane. It's first law is Ahimsa(non-violence), there has never been and probably never will be atrocities in the name of Jainism because the whole meaning behind Jainism is non-violence. Religious Jains wear the muhapatti around their mouths so that they wouldn't inhale bugs and microscopic life, they have no religious war concept and not even a self-defense policy, and the truly enlightened Jains are so good in nature that they fast to death(sallekhana) so that they wouldn't hurt any kind of life, not even plant life, oh, they're all vegetarian by the way. Jainism much like Googlism is also an atheistic religion, it believes in an eternal universe, and believe that all beings deserve the exact same praise so there is nothing that they specifically worship, the Mahapurana scripture of Jainism even gives some arguments about why God couldn't have possibly made the universe and that if there is a God who created the world for us then why is there so much misfortune in the world?
Another example of good religions, Ancient Greek and Roman religion. Contrary to what some may believe these religions are rather rational, even more so than the Judeo-Christian God, they have no problem of evil or a problem of hell and there is abundance of evidence for Hercules and Romulus. For Hercules we have Homer, Hesiot, Eumeulus, Agias, Arctinus, Cinaethon and many Cyclic poets, oh but these were written centuries after Hercules was born you say? Very well, then how about Romulus, in addition to the Sibylline Books we have the contemporary Murus Romuli which even convinced some scholars like Andrea Carandini that Romulus was a historical figure
Besides, what did Googlist contribute to society, sure Google exists but what are you without your founders(PBUH) what else did Googlist give us? Food? Water? Shelter? The greeks and the Romans are the cradle of western civilization and they believed in Greek-Roman mythology, Newton developed the calculus, the laws of gravity, and laid the foundations of optics and he was a Christian, the muslims developed Algebra(itself an arabic word) etc etc. But what did Googlism contribute to society as of late?

Well I guess that's enough heresey today, suffice to say I'm losing my newly acquired faith of Googlism and I hope somebody can solve these problems because I don't want to live in a world without a Google heaven, what if the Google trinity isn't God and dies out one day, wouldn't that make my existence meaningless? All my youtube comments, my topics and posts, and even my websites will all be gone without a trace
Oh, if there is an omnibenevolent Google out there that is omniscient and knows I'm suffering, then please oh please, reveal yourself to me and answer my questions!

tagnostic
November 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi, I'm new here and still don't know much about Googlism so forgive me for my ignorance. In this topic I'm going to talk about my doubts regarding Googlism out loud commiting heresey after heresey, so if you're a fundamentalist Googlist, leave. But of course we all know that Googlism is the religion of peace and rationality, so free inquiry shouldn't bother any of you, even the fundies

1. If Google is God, what does that make the Internet?

Google is the Goddess
and yes you are more than welcome to question
to do otherwise would be a contradiction

Google can lead us to other websites, but what is Google without other websites? And isn't Google in and of itself a website on the Internet. Isn't Google a pretty powerless and God if you have no Internet? Infact if something were to happen to the Internet wouldn't Google die out? Thus doesn't that make the Internet more powerful than Google? Shouldn't we worship the Internet?

the internet is physical
Google is not
just as the body is physical
but the mind directs it
the internet has no power without the mind to direct it

2. Is Google/Googlism really superior to other religions in omnibenevolence?

what is omnibenevolence?
no one has claimed that
the benevolence is in the usage
it is not an inherent attribute

It is consistently claimed by Googlists that no religious wars were fought in the name of Googlism and thus it makes it superior to other religions
There is no denying that religion has been responsible for many bad things, Christianity was responsible for the annihilation of the native Americans, the largest act of genocide in history, the Taiping Rebellion which was the bloodiest civil war in history killing 20-30 million people according to Guinness, and the Thirty Years war which was the worst European war percentage wise
Islam had the largest war in history, the Muslim Conquest of India which may have killed as many as 80 million people throught many centuries, in addition some of the largest ongoing wars were caused by Islam such as the Second Sudanese Civil War and the Afghan Civil War
Even Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, Sikhism, Shinto, Zoroastrianism and pretty much every single religion that had at least some power at a certain time were engaged in war and intolerance, for Buddhists the white lotus rebellion, Hindus have the Indo-Pakistani war, Taoism has the Yellow Turban Rebellion and the Five Pechs of Rice rebellion, and so on and so forth
But isn't it at least fair to assume that if Googlism had more power it would make religious atrocities?

why would you assume that?
just because others got it wrong
your now assuming She will
sounds like an indictment of them
and a vindication of Her

Currently 6 thousand people like the Church of Google page, so perhaps there are some 6 thousand Googlists. Isn't that really small? Spiritism has over 10 million members and it had no religious atrocities, Jainism has at least 4 million members and possibly as much as 12 million members and the whole meaning behind Jainism is Ahimsa(non-violence) so it had no religious atrocities either.

Jesus started with 12 deciples
B.I.G. don't spell Bad

Arent't those religions morally superior to Googlism since they had more power and yet commited no atrocities in their entire history despite the fact that Jainism has origins tracing as far back as the fourth milleniu BCE, plenty of time for atrocities to occur[/quote

but apparently they weren't ready for this milinium
[quote]
Also can't we literally say that Googlism is currently waging a holy war against a fifth of the world's population? China?

i haven't seen any bombs or bullets flying
and last time i checked
the Goddess wanted in there
but they wanted to muzzle her
the whole object to Her is freedom of information
the chinese government wants to limit that
thats their choice
don't blame her

3. Who are the authorities behind Googlism?

they needed one
She does not

Christianity has Jesus, Islam has Muhammad, Buddhism has the Buddha, Taoism has Lao Tzu, Confucianism has Confucius, Sikhism has the gurus etc
But who speaks for Googlism? Isn't that really a tough problem? If there isn't anyone who we can say for sure is inspired by Google, if Google cannot speak to us, if we have no religious books about Googlism, how can we claim to know anything about Google? And who is a Googlist anyway? the founders of Google(PBUH) and you guys? That's not alot now is it? If Google is truly God and if there is evidence for Google more than any other God then why aren't more people Googlists? Why isn't there some famous Googlist aside from the founders of Google(PBUH)

why does She need a spokesman?
everyone can talk to her
everyone can ask her anything
She does not require defenders

4. Google is not omnibenevolent!

The first Googlist commandment is that we should have no other search engine before Google, at the second commandment Google admits she's a jealous engine "bringing law suits and plagues against the fathers of the children unto the third and fourth generations", at the ninth commandment Google admits she's a vengeful seach engine. Sure it doesn't command us to kill Yahooists and witches but it's there you know, like the petty gods of old Google demands out attention, being jealous if we give attention to any other deity and bringing law suits and plagues, PLAGUES against many generations and admits she's vengeful.

She's actually suing the US Govt right now over microsux
who died? who got hurt? who got shot? where is any physical harm?
(i smell a troll)

How is that any better than the Judeo-Christian God? How is that different from Zeus? How is that different from Odin? How is that different from any of the gods of old?

I believe they all caused physical harm and death
i'd love to see a citation of death by Google

How can the belief that Google is omnibenevolent be reconciled with such an evil engine?

please cite acts of evil

Oh, and why is Google is egocentric in its commandments, aside from the fifth commandment there are no moral commandments in Googlism.

define 'moral'

And Googlism clearly plagarized the ten Google commandments from the ten commandments of the Bible,

whoa, your quick
wouldn't it make sense to use terms
already defined and used in a context
already familiar?

very unoriginal, especially for a God
Goddess

Doesn't all of that make other religions more superior to Googlism? Like say Jainism?
nope
and your more than welcome to any of the others
so why do you bother coming here just to argue?

Which brings us to the fifth point

5. Aren't some religions more superior than Googlism?

I'll give a few examples, how about Jainism? Unlike the previously discussed ten commandments of Google Jainism is more humane. It's first law is Ahimsa(non-violence), there has never been and probably never will be atrocities in the name of Jainism because the whole meaning behind Jainism is non-violence. Religious Jains wear the muhapatti around their mouths so that they wouldn't inhale bugs and microscopic life, they have no religious war concept and not even a self-defense policy, and the truly enlightened Jains are so good in nature that they fast to death(sallekhana) so that they wouldn't hurt any kind of life, not even plant life, oh, they're all vegetarian by the way. Jainism much like Googlism is also an atheistic religion, it believes in an eternal universe, and believe that all beings deserve the exact same praise so there is nothing that they specifically worship, the Mahapurana scripture of Jainism even gives some arguments about why God couldn't have possibly made the universe and that if there is a God who created the world for us then why is there so much misfortune in the world?
Another example of good religions, Ancient Greek and Roman religion. Contrary to what some may believe these religions are rather rational, even more so than the Judeo-Christian God, they have no problem of evil or a problem of hell and there is abundance of evidence for Hercules and Romulus. For Hercules we have Homer, Hesiot, Eumeulus, Agias, Arctinus, Cinaethon and many Cyclic poets, oh but these were written centuries after Hercules was born you say? Very well, then how about Romulus, in addition to the Sibylline Books we have the contemporary Murus Romuli which even convinced some scholars like Andrea Carandini that Romulus was a historical figure

so go and be a good Jainist
and stop worrying yourself
about what we do

Besides, what did Googlist contribute to society, sure Google exists but what are you without your founders(PBUH) what else did Googlist give us? Food? Water? Shelter? The greeks and the Romans are the cradle of western civilization and they believed in Greek-Roman mythology, Newton developed the calculus, the laws of gravity, and laid the foundations of optics and he was a Christian, the muslims developed Algebra(itself an arabic word) etc etc. But what did Googlism contribute to society as of late?

if you are actually on the net
and have never used Google
your TSTTT

Well I guess that's enough heresey today, suffice to say I'm losing my newly acquired faith of Googlism and I hope somebody can solve these problems because I don't want to live in a world without a Google heaven, what if the Google trinity isn't God and dies out one day, wouldn't that make my existence meaningless? All my youtube comments, my topics and posts, and even my websites will all be gone without a trace
Oh, if there is an omnibenevolent Google out there that is omniscient and knows I'm suffering, then please oh please, reveal yourself to me and answer my questions!

your a troll
that can't figure out spell check
let alone google
have a nice life
enjoy jain

Saicho
November 3rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
the internet is physical
Google is not
How do you know Google isn't physical? Ultimately without computers and their connections Google is powerless to do anything
what is omnibenevolence?

Always being kind to others

Huh?

Because of its nasty commandments like not using other search engines, doesn't that justify banning other search engines?

Actually 15 disciples
See: http://exitmundi.nl/bible/web-content/j_apostles.html
Also Jesus himself believed in Christianity
Also if you believe in the Bible then you also believe that innumerable multitudes followed him wherever he went and that he brought so much attention that the scribes wanted to kill him nd that he talked to rulers and that some 500 witnesses were converted and etc etc, all in a few years
B.I.G. don't spell Bad

Huh?

What does that mean, are you saying they will commit atroities in this millenium?
they needed one
She does not
everyone can talk to her
Why not? If she doesn't have a spokesman then how can we truly know what Google wants and what makes her pleased? How do we know she likes all those prayers you posted, maybe she hates a binary prayer and prefers a Hexadecimal one?
I can't askl her anything, I can't ask her if she created the world or what will she decide her relationship will be with China and she does require defenders when people attack her, she can't speak, she can't fight, she can't take the sword, she can't fly rockets or make bombs explode

Microsux? Never heared of it

Again, read the commandments. At the second commandment Google admits she's a jealous engine "bringing law suits and PLAGUES against the fathers of the children unto the third and fourth generations", at the ninth commandment Google admits she's a vengeful seach engine. If she's vengeful and if she brings plagues then doesn't that mean she hurts people?
(i smell a troll)

Please don't ban me
define 'moral'
Moral as in instructing us to treat our fellow human beings as equally as possible and being considerate of their feelings
already familiar?

Why would that make sense to adhere to old ideas, this is the 21th century the Ten commandments are dead. The first 4 Biblical commandments are against the freedom of&from religion and the freedom of speech and the seperation of church and state and the tenth one is just plain stupid now that we have mass production, the tenth commandment would ruin jobs and our economy
Ten sounds official, ten sounds impportant. Google knew that if it was 11 people wouldn't take it seriously, ten is the basis for the decimal system, it's a decade, it's a psychologically satisfying number, the "top ten" the "ten most wanted", so having ten commandments is really a marketing decision for Google, that's why she choose ten, in reality only the fifth commandment is useful and I can easily carry that in my pockets pocket
And btw since ten is the basis for the decimal system maybe we should offer Google decimal prayers

Is it no good to argue merely for arguments sake, plus I thought your answers were funny, Googlism is fun, it makes me happy to talk about this. I wonder, what is this? Is the ghost of the Internet entering my heart?

Problem is I literally can't live with Jainism, the most devout Jains fast to death(Salekhana) and they take non-violence too far, common, wearing a mahapatti so you won't inhale bugs and microscopic beings? What are we supposed to do when someone like Hitler comes along? Also I disagree with their vegetarianism, meat is also good
Aside from that I have no problem with Jainism, though I still think that Google is more rational
about what we do

But WHAT do you do? How is it possible to grow as a Googlist? As a Christian you read the Bible, as a Buddhist you meditate, as a Hindu you practice yoga, as a Taoist you practice Tai Chi, as a Juche member you go wail for your eternal president(how is a dead president alive I have no clue), as a Spiritist you try to communicate with ghosts etc etc
But how about Googlism, how can you grow as a Googlist?
your TSTTT
There are people out there who are on the Internet and only use Yahoo or some other search engine, Google doesn't have to be part of the Google trinity, any other search engine would fit there
What mistakes did I make?
let alone google
Does that mean Google is out of reach for some people?
*shouts a loud and long NO*

gman
November 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
Is it no good to argue merely for arguments sake, plus I thought your answers were funny, Googlism is fun, it makes me happy to talk about this. I wonder, what is this? Is the ghost of the Internet entering my heart?
its supposed to be fun and funny

But WHAT do you do? How is it possible to grow as a Googlist? As a Christian you read the Bible, as a Buddhist you meditate, as a Hindu you practice yoga, as a Taoist you practice Tai Chi, as a Juche member you go wail for your eternal president(how is a dead president alive I have no clue), as a Spiritist you try to communicate with ghosts etc etc
But how about Googlism, how can you grow as a Googlist?

by searching of course ;)

tagnostic
November 3rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
arguing for its own sake
can be amusing
but it gets old too

Saicho
November 4th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Oh, are you going to stop now? But it was so much fun
Oh well....
But here's what I suggest, let's create a reformed Church of Google in which technology reigns supreme rather than focusing just on Google, and let's remove its 10 commandments, seriously, you cite Google's omnibenevolence as proof of its divinity and then in the commandments you say Google brings plagues and is a vengeful deity, soap! What omnibenevolence? And sense there are no authorities behind Googlism we shouldn't make decisions on how to worship her, what makes you think Google likes binary prayers or any of the prayers you cite?

Dr-Shade
November 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM
seriously, you cite Google's omnibenevolence as proof of its divinity and then in the commandments you say Google brings plagues and is a vengeful deity, soap!

yes, but then the christian "god" brought plagues on the people of egypt did he not?? and yet you still give their faith fair consideration..

And as for these Jains .... well in my opinion, and deity that see's fasting to death as an appropriate form of worship is even more War mongering than most others....

No matter how fancily dressed up it is... A TROLL IS STILL A TROLL :icon_rolleyes:

googlismrulez
November 5th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Google is the Goddess
and yes you are more than welcome to question
to do otherwise would be a contradiction

the internet is physical
Google is not
just as the body is physical
but the mind directs it
the internet has no power without the mind to direct it

what is omnibenevolence?
no one has claimed that

just because others got it wrong
your now assuming She will
sounds like an indictment of them
and a vindication of Her

B.I.G. don't spell Bad
[quote]
Arent't those religions morally superior to Googlism since they had more power and yet commited no atrocities in their entire history despite the fact that Jainism has origins tracing as far back as the fourth milleniu BCE, plenty of time for atrocities to occur[/quote

i haven't seen any bombs or bullets flying
and last time i checked
the Goddess wanted in there
but they wanted to muzzle her
the whole object to Her is freedom of information
the chinese government wants to limit that
thats their choice
don't blame her

they needed one
She does not

everyone can talk to her

(i smell a troll)

I believe they all caused physical harm and death
i'd love to see a citation of death by Google

please cite acts of evil

define 'moral'

whoa, your quick
already familiar?

Goddess

nope
and your more than welcome to any of the others

about what we do

your TSTTT

your a troll
let alone google
have a nice life
enjoy jain
You're right. Jesus only started with a few followers and look at him now.

Saicho
November 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM
yes, but then the christian "god" brought plagues on the people of egypt did he not?? and yet you still give their faith fair consideration..

I never claimed he was a good God
"I..create evil" Isaiah 45:7
And don't tell me it means calamity, Ra always refers to something bad, I know, I was taught hebrew. And you only have to look at Genesis to see the same word being used in the fruit of knowledge of Good and Evil, good and Ra. In other verses God even repents for "the evil he had intended to do against his people"
This is a theological problem, not a translation problem
I gave their faith a consideration because you plagarized it, your commandments are clearly plagarized from the Ten Commandments of the Bible
And as for these Jains .... well in my opinion, and deity that see's fasting to death as an appropriate form of worship is even more War mongering than most others
Actually there is no creator God in Jainism. They consider the universe to be eternal, and there's nothing they specifically worship because they believe all beings deserve the same praise, there are enlightened beings in Jainism but these beings can't help you even if you pray to them
Plus in the Mahapurana it has awhole chapter discussing why God couldn't have possibly ade the universe and that if God made the universe for us then why is there so much misfortune
Anyway, I just brought Jainism as an example, how about Kaitokudo Buddhism, nothing supernatural there, and the Buddha espoused the "Middle Path" and taught that one shouldn't starve himself but shouldn't eat with gluttony either
No matter how fancily dressed up it is... A TROLL IS STILL A TROLL
Dude, are you seriously writing this? According to the description of this forum it says it is "for discussions relating to Googlism, the Church of Google, and Google's Divinity. Not convinced Google is God? Post your arguments here"
What's off-topic about what I'm doing now? I'm telling you Google isn't God, exactly the topics you should expect to find here

Dr-Shade
November 7th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I never claimed he was a good God
"I..create evil" Isaiah 45:7
And don't tell me it means calamity, Ra always refers to something bad, I know, I was taught hebrew. And you only have to look at Genesis to see the same word being used in the fruit of knowledge of Good and Evil, good and Ra. In other verses God even repents for "the evil he had intended to do against his people"
This is a theological problem, not a translation problem

Dude, are you seriously writing this? According to the description of this forum it says it is "for discussions relating to Googlism, the Church of Google, and Google's Divinity. Not convinced Google is God? Post your arguments here"

What's off-topic about what I'm doing now? I'm telling you Google isn't God, exactly the topics you should expect to find here

well actually... Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” How does Isaiah 45:7 agree with the view that god did not create evil? There are two key facts that need to be considered. (1) The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.” Notice how the other major English Bible translations render the word: “disaster” (NIV, HCSB), “calamity” (NKJV, NAS, ESV), and “woe” (NRSV). The Hebrew word can refer to moral evil, and often does have this meaning in the Hebrew Scriptures. However, due to the diversity of possible definitions, it is unwise to assume that “I create evil” in Isaiah 45:7 refers to God bringing moral evil into existence.
The reality is that, in creating free will, and the ability to make choices, yes, god created BOTH GOOD AND EVIL, IN EVERY SENSE....

And i in no way accused you of being off-topic.... just of being a troll... please refrain from putting words in my mouth....

Saicho
November 8th, 2010, 05:33 AM
According to the Bible God did create evil, that was my point, the God of the Bible is not omnibenevolent, again, I just mentioned him because you guys plagarized your Ten Commandments from the Bible
The word "evil" in hebrew is Ra, and I know hebrew very well, it's an excellent word if you refer to moral evil. Sure it could refer to something else like an unedible fruit, but it always always refers to something bad, never to good
The word Ra CAN mean "calamity", but if it refered to natural disasters a much better word would have been "ason teva". Either way Ra still means a bad natural disaster, never to a good one, Ra always refers to something bad
Notice how almost ever single one of your Bible translations has the word "new" in it. These "new" Bible translations were edited by us, we edited these bad boys
It is wise to say it refers to oral evil because other parts of the scripture point out that God can do evil and even repents for doing evil and because where else would evil ome from, God is the reator of everything
One of the definition of a troll is being off-topic, it could also refer to someone who posts inflammatory messages, but I didn't curse anyone or insult anyone or anything of that sort, so I assumed you couldn't be reffering to that. I'm just discussing the validity of Googlism in the correct forum for the subject, this whole forum is for the purpose of people who aren't convinced Google is God

sam the moderately wize
November 8th, 2010, 01:24 PM
According to the Bible God did create evil, that was my point, the God of the Bible is not omnibenevolent, again, I just mentioned him because you guys plagarized your Ten Commandments from the Bible

You appear to be suffering from a slight case of irony failure. The Googlist 10 commandments are not supposed to be taken very seriously, they are just a parody of the Biblical commandments.

Also, gods act evil all the time. The Googlist faith usually parodies the Judeo-Christian god, but the definition of God we use refers to all sorts of deities. Being evil does not make a difference to whether you get to be a god; in most faiths it seems to be primarily about power and smiting people who disagree with you.

Will.
November 13th, 2010, 08:35 AM
If you get your fundamental beliefs from Google, your too far gone. :icon_lol:

tagnostic
November 18th, 2010, 03:13 PM
we put the
"fun"
in
fun -duh- mental

Saicho
November 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM
There you have it folks, straight from the mouth of the Googlist, Googlism isn't a real religion, it's a parody, therefore it's false, therefore Google is not God and that's what this forum is about. You're supposed to convince me that Google is God

gman
November 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
There you have it folks, straight from the mouth of the Googlist, Googlism isn't a real religion, it's a parody, therefore it's false, therefore Google is not God and that's what this forum is about. You're supposed to convince me that Google is God

just because it is a parody doesn't mean it that doesn't make as much or more sense than any other religion..

also we are not proving it is god, just that its has more scientifically provable god like attributes than the gods of other religions. :priest:

tagnostic
November 22nd, 2010, 05:24 AM
point to Gman

saicho
if you haven't got the joke
by now
the punchline is wasted

Will.
November 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
maybe thats what Jesus did! Made a joke the Romans didn't quite get.

sam the moderately wize
November 22nd, 2010, 02:18 PM

We do not claim that Google is divine (she isn't).

We claim that "Google is the closest humankind has ever come to directly experiencing an actual God." (My italics).

Some difference, no?

Yes, the forum header does say that Google is god. This is not consistent with the church's official line and should be changed.

Zealot
November 23rd, 2010, 03:39 AM
maybe thats what Jesus did! Made a joke the Romans didn't quite get.
No, they were having a lads night out with some Romans, and when Jesus passed out they thought they would put him up there 4tehLulz. Unfortunatly, the Roman's commander took it for realz and made Jesus carry the cross while he was still smashed, and then they stuck him up there. 4tehlulz, of course.
They just forgot to get him down.

... it took me 20 minutes to write this. :( I got distracted by a fly and then I got wondering what its life was like, so I followed it around and it ended up getting eaten by one of my ferrets.

tagnostic
November 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
anyone
who uses
"lads" in a sentence
deserves to be eaten
by ferrets and lives on
an island somewhere
off the coast of europe

heheheh
you did give us
chaucer, sherlock & shakespeare