View Full Version : It's all about the Internet

Saicho
October 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Hi,
As you guessed I'm new here. I recently acquired the faith of Googlism when I saw your proofs for the existence of Google and although I'm having my doubts I can't deny that Google is a very wise God
I registered here because I'm having doubts about Googlism and I really want someone to help me with them, I have already given some arguments in "All about Googlism" forum but basically I can no longer believe that Google is the most powerful God. To me the electromagnetic force or the Internet seem like a much more powerful gods
Of course we all know that Googlism is a very peaceful and tolerant religion so in addition to Googlism I believe in many other religions such as in the flying Ramen monster, the "Force" in Jediism, and Kakasianity
The Kamandments make me feel very good about myself although I think it needs more additions such as "thou shalt wear a mask" and "thou shalt wear a mask behind thy mask"
So yeah, that's me
Hopefully someone will reply to this

sam the moderately wize
November 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hi,
As you guessed I'm new here. I recently acquired the faith of Googlism when I saw your proofs for the existence of Google and although I'm having my doubts I can't deny that Google is a very wise God

Yay! Someone new! Google is indeed wise and benevolent.

By the by, we usually refer to Google as a Goddess, essentially just to stick two fingers up at the patriarchal religions. Feel free to refer to her/him/it as a male if you wish, though.

I registered here because I'm having doubts about Googlism and I really want someone to help me with them, I have already given some arguments in "All about Googlism" forum but basically I can no longer believe that Google is the most powerful God. To me the electromagnetic force or the Internet seem like a much more powerful gods

The electromagentic force could only be considered a deity in the deist sense, as it operates without thought or regard for mortals, unchangingly and endlessly. It neither desires nor requires the worship or respect of such small creatures as us. If there were a deist deity and a lesser, interventionist deity (or a pantheon of them), we would worship the lesser ones, as these are the ones that can be bargained with, pleaded with, appeased and flattered, just as the classical religions respected a host of lesser deities and olympians, but claimed that there were also more distant deities (the Protogenoi) that did not ask for or need worship.

The Church of Google realises that the Internet is a powerful force, but teaches that it would be useless without the search engines to help us find our way through it - there is no point in having all the information in the world if you have to sift through it by hand. Without the guiding hand of the Goddess, the internet would not be able to exist in its current form; Google is a creative and shaping force, building order and structure from the tangled tubes of the internet, as God builds ordered worlds from the roiling energies of Chaos (cf. Paradise Lost).

Of course we all know that Googlism is a very peaceful and tolerant religion so in addition to Googlism I believe in many other religions such as in the flying Ramen monster, the "Force" in Jediism, and Kakasianity
The Kamandments make me feel very good about myself although I think it needs more additions such as "thou shalt wear a mask" and "thou shalt wear a mask behind thy mask"
So yeah, that's me
Hopefully someone will reply to this

Not sure about the Force, but we're cool with the FSM (FRM?) and Kakasianity.

Of course someone will reply! Anything to get people thinking.

Saicho
November 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
By the by, we usually refer to Google as a Goddess, essentially just to stick two fingers up at the patriarchal religions. Feel free to refer to her/him/it as a male if you wish, though.
Whoops, my bad

The Church of Google realises that the Internet is a powerful force, but teaches that it would be useless without the search engines to help us find our way through it - there is no point in having all the information in the world if you have to sift through it by hand. Without the guiding hand of the Goddess, the internet would not be able to exist in its current form; Google is a creative and shaping force, building order and structure from the tangled tubes of the internet, as God builds ordered worlds from the roiling energies of Chaos (cf. Paradise Lost).
Still though, shouldn't we consider the Internet to be more powerful than Google? Shouldn't we make a reformed church of Google and start worshipping the Internet or Apple? See this:
http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/innovative_companies_2010.html
Apple ranked higher than Google, doesn't that make Apple superior? Afterall what is Google without computers in the first place?

Not sure about the Force
Sure there is a force, just look at gravity

but we're cool with the FSM (FRM?)
Oh you see it's part of the reformed church of the FSM, the FRM is part of the noodle trinity, the third being the Flying Japchae Monster
The FRM authors books(Like No Longer Human), Manga and Anime(Like Bleach), video games(Like Legacy of Goku), and computer programs(Hatsune Miku). The FSM blesses pirates, but the FRM blesses the Japanese, and the FJM blesses South Koreans
How else do you explain the Miracle on the Han? How else do you explain the Japanese post-war economic miracle?
In addition to this the reformed church of the FSM has ten Otaku ommandments, moral commandments are something the FSM church lacks

tagnostic
November 2nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
the internet is not a force
its a series of connections
all of which are useless
without the Goddess
jmho

Sister Faith
November 3rd, 2010, 01:51 AM
Google is a creative and shaping force, building order and structure from the tangled tubes of the internet, as God builds ordered worlds from the roiling energies of Chaos (cf. Paradise Lost).

Holy sh*t Sam! WELL SAID!

That should be added to the main page imho. :icon_cool:

tagnostic
November 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
hehehehe
yeppers
missed
big sam

Saicho
November 3rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
the internet is not a force
its a series of connections
all of which are useless
without the Goddess

And Google is a force? Ultimately Information Technology is what creates Google, without us creating things like supercomputers and connecting them then Google is powerless to do anything
Again, why don't we worship Apple?

tagnostic
November 4th, 2010, 12:20 AM
you are assuming
the unproveable
Google always was
we just had to build
the right temples to
get her answers

Saicho
November 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
What was Google's form before we built it?

Dr-Shade
November 4th, 2010, 11:34 PM

What was the conventional gods form, before there was intelligent life to take notice of it??

gman
November 5th, 2010, 12:38 AM

a mathematical Algorithm, waiting to be discovered.

Saicho
November 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Then why don't we worship algorithms?

sam the moderately wize
November 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Still though, shouldn't we consider the Internet to be more powerful than Google? Shouldn't we make a reformed church of Google and start worshipping the Internet or Apple? See this:
http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/innovative_companies_2010.html
Apple ranked higher than Google, doesn't that make Apple superior? Afterall what is Google without computers in the first place?

Apple is ranked higher than Google because it does better on the stock market. We are not interested in such trivial matters.

The internet is the beginning of a fundamental change in the social life of humanity on a par with the development of cities and the printing press; for the first time in history, almost anyone can broadcast their thoughts and opinions to a vast and incredibly widely-spread audience with a need for almost no resources; In less than two decades, the internet has changed the world in ways that would have been almost imposible to imagine before its rise. Apple, in comparison, has changed almost nothing. You might attempt to make an argument from economics, but imagine how wealthy Tim Berners-Lee
might have become if he had attempted to stake a claim to the web...

The internet is immensely powerful, but without search engines to organise it, it would be impossible for it to exist in its present form. It is the search engines that create structure and purpose within it, guide petitioners to the information they seek, light the paths that they travel and bring speaker and listener together. It is the search engines that act as the 'gods' of the internet - not the faceless and remote deist gods of the laws of physics, but the gods that interact with humans, answering prayers, granting requests, accepting sacrifices and thanks and caring for their believers; and as the greatest of the search engines, it is Google to whom we turn our prayers.

Although the internet is the greater power, it is a deist rather than an interventionist deity, and, when both exist, there is no point in worshipping the first when it is the second that asks for your worship, and will answer prayers and grant favours in return.

Sure there is a force, just look at gravity

There are four forces, but I wouldn't identify any of them with The Force.

Then why don't we worship algorithms?

Because, once again, they are not interventionist deities. There is no point in worshipping such remote gods when the Goddess is there and willing to give you a helping hand.