View Full Version : and now for something completely different

djura
December 13th, 2010, 02:11 PM
and NO I'm not really back, just dropping to type a few words. How have you all been?
BTW, 3 completely different and quite important things I'd like to share with everyone
1. I've successfully quit smoking again (using some vary weird pills)
2. Tethering via Bluetooth on Nokia/Ubuntu finally works (although the service is still crappy)
3. I've started a completely different, extremely costly, quite difficult, painstaking, blah, blah, blah business (large scale manufacturing of B100 bio-fuel)

Sorry for being a self-centered fuck, please have a vary nice day!

Sister Faith
December 14th, 2010, 07:08 PM
'Sorry for being a self-centered fuck'

Uh-huh! /jk

Wow. You've been busy. :icon_eek:

What is B100 bio fuel? :shrug:

tatty000
December 15th, 2010, 05:20 AM
What is B100 bio fuel? :shrug:
AKA Bio-diesel. It just means it's a pure biodiesel mix.

Basically, bio diesel is where they mix old oil, animal fats etc with some alcohol solvent (in a quick summary) and mix with regular diesel and it runs in diesel engines fine. You'll find a few different ratings, b20, b50, b80 and so on, which means it's a certain percent biodiesel (eg b20 means 20% biodiesel) mixed with regular stuff.

You can run a car on pure biodiesel, but you have to do a few things first to let the car run fine.

Basically, the effects of biodiesel are amazing, it's the way of the future whilst still allowing us to consume fuel, without drastic environmental effects.

rzm61
December 16th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Good to see this place is still alive and kicking. :)

I gotta start dropping by more often.

tatty000
December 16th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Good to see this place is still alive and kicking. :)

I gotta start dropping by more often.
Yes. Yes you do!

djura
December 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
You can run a car on pure biodiesel, but you have to do a few things first to let the car run fine.

Quite true, but the bio-diesel technology evolved rapidly last few years, so now you can run any engine, no matter how advanced, on high quality B100, which I'll soon be manufacturing.
I'm riding pretty much everything on this, so wish me luck. If all goes according to plan, first gallon of fuel should be available by end of April. I'll keep you posted.

Sister Faith
December 19th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Quite true, but the bio-diesel technology evolved rapidly last few years, so now you can run any engine, no matter how advanced, on high quality B100, which I'll soon be manufacturing.
I'm riding pretty much everything on this, so wish me luck. If all goes according to plan, first gallon of fuel should be available by end of April. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, do keep us posted!

You don't have to make any alterations to your vehicle to use B100?? That would be brilliant! How would the price compare with conventional diesel?

I think your timing is good on this. Best of luck. :icon_cool:

djura
December 20th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Honestly I couldn't tell you price details, as you can't buy the stuff anywhere in east Europe. As for the conventional diesel, bio stuff would be about 12% cheaper here, and it offers slightly better performance. However, fuel is expensive here, so I don't believe it would be economically sane to make it anywhere else, especially large quantities.
There is also a byproduct of manufacturing process - 99.9% pure glycerin that I intend to use to heat up a really big greenhouse, that's supposed to be built early 2012.

tatty000
December 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Good luck. Personally bio diesel, ethanol etc should be the way of the future in fuel, so we can keep our precious cars in this peak oil crisis.